Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06-27-2008, 11:18 AM   #1
D.
Consume my pants.

Default Pumpkins entry on Uncyclopedia

http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Smashing_Pumpkins

Quote:
History
The Smashing Pumpkins were founded in Chicago in 1988 by the brothers Fester and Gomez Addams. The band's name notoriously refers to the years of abuse Fester suffered as a boy at the hands of his father; "pumpkins" naturally being a euphamism for the testes (sadly, Fester remains childless to this day as a result of this abuse). Fester was the lead singer; Fester and Gomez both played guitar, while their assistant, Lurch, was their first drummer. Although formally a member of the metal band 'Old Man's Child, Gomez describes the early Pumpkins sound as "really f-ing creepy." Oddly, and despite the fact that the entire band were on stage, it still appeared to baffled audience members at Pumpkins' shows as if Fester was actually playing all the guitar and bass parts by himself, a phenomenon which has hitherto gone unexplained. Cos D'arcy was soo stoned all the timez that she had to do other shit.

While attempting to promote the Pumpkins gothic sounds at a rally commemorating the birth of David Bowie, Fester Addams got into an argument with a young woman named M'orticia. During their argument, M'orticia let slip that she played guitar. A goofy smile split open Fester's pale, dough-like face; he immediately asked M'orticia if she would play bass in their band. Despite an awful try-out and her stated inability to form full sentences, he realised that the girl looked good on stage and would attract female fans (usually at the impressionable early stages of puberty). Thus the Smashing Pumpkins were born.

The next step in the band's evolution was the firing of Lurch (who continued on as a roadie) and the hiring of Thing as their new permanent drummer. Unfortunately, Thing's heroin addiction almost meant the end of the Smashing Pumpkins.

Throughout their career the Smashing Pumpkins experimented with many different styles: shoegazer, psychedelia, heavy metal, power pop, even electronica. During their most successful period, the Pumpkins released their mega hits 'The Greatest Day I've Ever Known', The Killer in Me', 'Rat in a Cage (The World is a Vampire)' and 'I Don't Even Care'. Even as Fester lost his hair and engaged in transvestism (see 'The Everlasting Gays'), Gomez made a really terrible solo album, and touring keyboardist Herman Munster died while shooting up with Thing, still the Pumpkins perservered. However, after the departure of M'orticia (who became a groupie for Darkest of the Hillside Thickets), and shortly after his heavily publicised attempt to rewrite 'Rat in a Cage' as 'Monkey from a Fucking Wire' proved to be yet another critical and commercial failure, Fester declared his heart just wasn't in it anymore, and turned his domed cranium in the direction of other pursuits. During this period he released his exhaustively researched thesis on flight, which made one of the biggest breakthroughs of the decade when it concluded "the airplane flies high." The aviation industry awarded him the pulitzer prize for this startling insight, but as they had no influence over the pulitzer prize jury he never received it.

In 2000, the Pumpkins broke up after Fester discovered the 'other' use for Gerbils, and hence had nothing left to whine about. In late 2001, Fester immediately formed a new christian rock band - Zwan - that featured Thing and David Pajo, the guitarist from Slint. "Slint is the most terrifying thing I've ever heard," said Fester. "Not half as terrifying as Guided By Voices," said guitarist Matt Sweeney, who suffers from Post-Bob Pollard Stress Disorder (PBPSD). Their album was released to mixed reviews, and soon Fester broke up his new band as well. Matt Sweeney, driven mad by this new experience, did something with Will Oldham, that has long since been forgotten to the long channels of history.

Shortly afterwards, the band broke up, citing a general decline in faked teenage angst as the primary reason. Fester has been quoted as saying: 'The kids just aren't into it anymore. I mean, it's really hard to pretend that you're still 25, especially now that I realise my life is actually rather good. I'm declaring an official end to my nasal whining... for now'.

In 2005, Fester announced he will be reunifying the Smashing Pumpkins, though since making this announcment no one has seen or heard of him. Some say he released a solo album, but only a small number of people seemed to have heard it, many of them clearly insane as shown by their ramblings in public about the "future" and terrible British indie band Embrace.

In 2006, the band reformed in the electronic medium to produce an indie-rock-mystical-enchantment album under the name Two Gallants and as of yet have been able to sell one copy to the 1337 fans on Netpooria.

Fester is currently working on the new album which is said to be very heavy, around the weight of ten elephants. Rumours about the new line-up abound though the common consensus is that there are no others, and Fester is merely pretending. The smashing Pumpkins used to allways have eightsomes with Sonic Youth ALL THE TIME.

[edit] Shitegeist
“And you think I sold out quickly?”

~ Bob Dylan on Smashing Pumpkins Releasing Sheitgeist

After one Electronic-double-concept-album too many, the hits started to dry up for the Pumpkins. Fester needed money to pay off his gambling debts, so he decided to reform the Pumpkins for one last payday. The band returned to the studio in March 2007. They emerged just 15 minutes later, having written, arranged, recorded, produced and marketed their magnum opus, Sheitgeist. The album, heralded as "Sgt. Pepper's meets Pet Sounds - for the iPod generation!" was released to a frosty reception. After poor initial sales, the Pumpkins cut a deal with McDonald's and copies of the album were given away free with Happy Meals throughout June 2007. This technically made Sheitgeist the biggest selling album of all-time and put the seal on a remarkable comeback for the Chicago posers. A sell-out tour followed for the sell-out band. A delighted Fester remarked: "we sold-out quicker than Metallica!" Sadly, their wish of selling out quicker then KISS was not achieved due to an army of 3 year olds being sent to viscously gum the action figures and commemorative cups/mugs.

[edit] Cultural Impact
Smashing pumpkins is now the favored sport of many countries in the world. It is invigorating, satisfying and, unlike most sports, results in soup. For other bands with culinary impact, see the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Mudhoney and Meatloaf.

[edit] Discography
[edit] Studio Albums
Fish (1991)
Siamese Cat (1993)
Mellow Drama & the Self-Indulgent Pretentiousness(1995)
A Door (1998)
Micromachines (2000)
Micromachines II/The Friends and Enemies of Hot Wheels (2000)
Shitegeist (2007)
[edit] Compilations and EPs
LOL (1991)
Meth Session (1992)
Judas Christ Superstar (1994)
Audiophilia (1994) (Promo)
Piles of Shit (Greatest Hits)/Judas Christ Superstar II (2001)
114 Songs You Won't Care About (2005)
Arabian Gingerhead (2008)

Old 06-27-2008, 11:21 AM   #2
wally
cibohplaicos

Who actually took the time to write that?

Old 06-27-2008, 11:29 AM   #3
???
Minion of Satan

"Micromachines II/The Friends and Enemies of Hot Wheels"

Old 06-27-2008, 11:29 AM   #4
???
Minion of Satan

ok not really rofl but it was lulworthy.

Old 06-27-2008, 11:32 AM   #5
SlingeroGuitaro
Starbucks addicted minion

Quote:
LOL (1991)
perfect

Old 06-27-2008, 11:43 AM   #6
Bullet1979
Pledge

The 'Everlasting Gays' thing was pretty creative...

Old 06-27-2008, 12:39 PM   #7
D.
Consume my pants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingeroGuitaro View Post
perfect
yeah i thought that was pretty good. most of it is lame, but there's some gems.

Old 06-27-2008, 01:33 PM   #8
Jonny5
Apocalyptic Poster

ha that's funny, i just discovered this yesterday. there are some real creative entries on there.

Old 06-27-2008, 03:45 PM   #9
Skradgee
Boardcaster

Quote:
In 2006, the band reformed in the electronic medium to produce an indie-rock-mystical-enchantment album under the name Two Gallants and as of yet have been able to sell one copy to the 1337 fans on Netpooria.
Clearly, these people are in the know.

Old 06-27-2008, 04:18 PM   #10
tcm
Braindead

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by wally View Post
Who actually took the time to write that?
it's like one of them callobarotive efforts.

Old 06-27-2008, 06:35 PM   #11
Piggy
Ownz

Uncyclopedia is teh gayzorz

Old 06-27-2008, 06:43 PM   #12
NarcisPrince
Pledge

o

Old 06-28-2008, 08:34 AM   #13
Glopaiswe
Pledge

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcisPrince View Post
o
definitely.

Old 07-01-2008, 08:03 PM   #14
IWishIWasBlank
Apocalyptic Poster

Worth a look.

Old 07-01-2008, 08:58 PM   #15
exactlythesame
Minion of Satan

Location: I thought what I'd do is I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes

uncyclopedia is made of hate and fail

Old 08-01-2008, 02:24 AM   #16
Shallowed
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingeroGuitaro View Post
Quote:
LOL (1991)
perfect
I wrote that! I re-titled most of the album titles.

Old 08-01-2008, 04:42 AM   #17
Starla

shitegeist lol

I'm adopting this into my vocabulary for many uses.

Old 08-01-2008, 05:34 AM   #18
BadDuck
Amish Rake Fighter

"[edit] Shitegeist
“And you think I sold out quickly?”

~ Bob Dylan on Smashing Pumpkins Releasing Sheitgeist"

god damn,that was pretty funny

Old 08-01-2008, 11:04 PM   #19
Andrew_Pakula
Fine! I'll go make my own
web site. With Blackjack,
and Hookers... Actually,
forget the web site.

I enjoyed that

Old 08-02-2008, 01:37 AM   #20
redbull
Immortal

MONTE DELETE THIS THREAD PLEASE

Old 08-02-2008, 01:40 AM   #21
Rider
Minion of Satan

Location: I was born a snake handler, and I'll die a snake handler

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbull View Post
MONTE DELETE THIS THREAD PLEASE
Seriously it's clean full of false off topic information. Damn he's already getting lazy.

Old 08-02-2008, 01:43 AM   #22
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

This article is about as funny as a Mormon with power, amirite gayz?!