Netphoria Message Board


Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > General Chat Message Board
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2020, 09:48 AM   #211
Eulogy
huh
 
Posts: 62,293
Default

I really did think that contributing to the deaths of hundreds of thousands of people and unemployment and evictions of millions (Not to mention the standard republican shit like basically outlawing abortions and the existence of trans people) would make people better understand the consequences of elections but I guess not. Not a white nationalist driving into a crowd of protesters. Not police unions enthusiastically endorsing Trump.

What will it actually take

 
Eulogy is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 09:49 AM   #212
Eulogy
huh
 
Posts: 62,293
Default

The makeup of the federal judiciary is an absolute travesty. And it will impact people’s actual lives for decades. But whatever.

 
Eulogy is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 09:59 AM   #213
MplsTaper
Apocalyptic Poster
 
MplsTaper's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,000
Default



del

Last edited by MplsTaper : 08-19-2020 at 10:06 AM.

 
MplsTaper is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 10:06 AM   #214
yo soy el mejor
Just Hook it to My Veins!
 
yo soy el mejor's Avatar
 
Location: all over the Internet
Posts: 43,602
Default

HEY, MPLSTAPER

Alexandria Ocasio Cortez only theoretically has integrity

 
yo soy el mejor is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 10:08 AM   #215
MplsTaper
Apocalyptic Poster
 
MplsTaper's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,000
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor View Post
Alexandria Ocasio Cortez only technically has integrity
Care to elaborate?

 
MplsTaper is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 10:41 AM   #216
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord
 
duovamp's Avatar
 
Location: heavy metal pool party
Posts: 35,663
Default

I want a grand coalition but I also want to get what I want and only what I want. What’s so hard here? If everybody just thought exactly like me there would be no problem.

 
duovamp is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 10:44 AM   #217
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord
 
duovamp's Avatar
 
Location: heavy metal pool party
Posts: 35,663
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squish Squash View Post
If Biden wanted our votes he could get them.
With his butt.

 
duovamp is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 11:41 AM   #218
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL
 
reprise85's Avatar
 
Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face
Posts: 31,745
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor View Post
HEY, MPLSTAPER

Alexandria Ocasio Cortez only theoretically has integrity
She's voting for Biden obviously, not sure what your point is here. It was nice to see her nominate Bernie

 
reprise85 is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 11:43 AM   #219
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL
 
reprise85's Avatar
 
Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face
Posts: 31,745
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor View Post
so squishy is voting, but not how you would like? got it!
i would be fine with it if things weren't so dire, protest votes can mean something, just right now they aren't justified imo

 
reprise85 is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 11:53 AM   #220
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!
 
FoolofaTook's Avatar
 
Location: FlamingGlobes and FoolofaTook are both on my ignore list, and honestly, I love it.
Posts: 35,406
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by duovamp View Post
With his butt.

 
FoolofaTook is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 12:08 PM   #221
Squish Squash
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Squish Squash's Avatar
 
Location: I should kick you in the sides
Posts: 1,454
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
I'm sorry Biden isn't the ideal candidate but you have to play with the cards you have. What happened is shady and fucked up wrt to the primary bit there's an election in 2.5 months.

And since you aren't responding at all to arguments, I'm done. Of course I'm angry about the ticket. But I care about other people more than my pride. Republicans won't even LOOK at leftist policies. You can't change the system. I'm sorry, but you can't. The only way it can possibly change (and not towards fascism) is to support the best candidate that also has an actual chance at winning.

I know you think you have integrity and you do in a theoretical way, but in a practical sense you are taking your ball and going home thinking you can come back later, but the court is going to be fucking demolished later if no one uses it

Sorry that's the best analogy I can make while sitting in my car waiting for my cat who is with the vet and scared shitless because I can't go in
I feel like this is just a circular argument at this point. Neither of us are going to convince the other. I hope your kitty is ok.

 
Squish Squash is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 12:10 PM   #222
Squish Squash
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Squish Squash's Avatar
 
Location: I should kick you in the sides
Posts: 1,454
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by duovamp View Post
I want a grand coalition but I also want to get what I want and only what I want. What’s so hard here? If everybody just thought exactly like me there would be no problem.
How dare Squish Squash want everyone to have healthcare!

 
Squish Squash is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 12:16 PM   #223
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!
 
redbreegull's Avatar
 
Location: WILD BOY
Posts: 31,992
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squish Squash View Post
Yeah and howíd that work out for Bernie? Whenever heís about to win the nomination, they just cheat him out of it.
you got offended last time I said this, but I'll say it again because it's true. you are like fuzzyroes in that you will make a claim, people will debunk it with numbers or what have you, and you'll just come back later and make the same claim again. he wasn't cheated. it wasn't even close. he did far worse this year than in 2016. more people wanted Biden.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squish Squash View Post
Well technically heís right in that they cater to RIGHT WING Democrats instead of actual centrists.
you are lost in the political spectrum. you think anyone more than one step to the center of you is objectively defined as right wing. if Sanders is a centrist to you, 95% of the electorate in the US is right wing. but sure, the revolution is coming in 2024

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squish Squash View Post
If Trump governed the way I thought he would in 2016 (i.e. starting a nuclear war and/or world war 3) Iíd be much more willing to consider Biden. But heís been a pretty typical Republican in terms of his tax cuts, corporate nonsense and deregulation. Iíd say heís actually pretty good for a Republican President in terms of foreign military policy, although heís undoubtedly still an evil war criminal. Heís also done a few good things such as some prison reform and some leftist stances on trade. Is Trump awful? Absolutely, but he is not enough of an existential threat for me to consider Biden. Both of them will continue hurting the planet and country. I will ask you guys this, if there are people like me holding out for Biden to support progressive policies, why canít he support even ONE of those policies? What does he have to lose by supporting universal healthcare? I will never vote for anyone who doesnít support universal healthcare again in my life unless the other candidate is actually Hitler.
dude you are stupid. some of this is demonstrably false. Trump has not been a typical Republican at all, he's been the worst parts of the GOP from the last five decades on steroids. he brought us to the brink of war with North Korea and Iran for absolutely no reason. he's seriously damaged the US' global standing and diplomacy. We have ONE HUNDRED SEVENTY THOUSAND PEOPLE DEAD.

And Biden has moved to the left. The whole Democratic party has moved to the left. Biden HAS made concessions to the progressives. to say otherwise is just a lie. By the way, you know that Biden's healthcare plan is more popular than universal healthcare right? No, of course you don't. And the environment thing is equally as stupid. Are you aware of how many environmental policies from Obama/Biden Trump has dismantled? No, again, of course you don't, and if you do, you're being purposely disingenuous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elphenor View Post
it was thought by the Bernie or bust in 2016 that we'd get a progressive candidate in response to Trump

there was probably no reason to assume this to begin with
exactly. there was no reason to assume that, and there's no reason to assume it now either. to believe that the political system works like a perfect pendulum and ultimately things will be better if we allow them to get more fucked up first is magical thinking, i.e. there is no evidence whatsoever but it's just some fucking idea this guy has stuck in his head. Nixon didn't give us a progressive. Reagan didn't give us a progressive. W Bush didn't give us a progressive. But sure yeah, it's different this time squish. Maybe you could point out some historical examples of left wing democratic revolutions coming about in response to the right staging a fascist takeover cause I'm coming up blank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squish Squash View Post
If you think Biden will do anything meaningful environmentally, you are unfamiliar with his record.
blatantly untrue, either by ignorance or purposeful falsehood. again, Trump has been frantically taking about environmental protection policies put into place by Obama/Biden for the last four years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squish Squash View Post
My vote doesnít matter but if enough people thought like me we would get a progressive in 2024.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squish Squash View Post
I think you guys need to really think about why youíre more angry with me and other leftists for refusing to support someone with right-wing policies whoís supposedly the left wing candidate than you are with said candidate for absolutely refusing to support any progressive policy. If Biden wanted our votes he could get them.
you are a delusional self-obsessed baby.

 
redbreegull is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 12:16 PM   #224
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!
 
redbreegull's Avatar
 
Location: WILD BOY
Posts: 31,992
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squish Squash View Post
I feel like this is just a circular argument at this point. Neither of us are going to convince the other. I hope your kitty is ok.
"no amount of evidence or sound logic will change my mind"

 
redbreegull is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 12:41 PM   #225
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!
 
redbreegull's Avatar
 
Location: WILD BOY
Posts: 31,992
Default

so when are we gonna make our electoral maps

 
redbreegull is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 01:07 PM   #226
Squish Squash
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Squish Squash's Avatar
 
Location: I should kick you in the sides
Posts: 1,454
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
you got offended last time I said this, but I'll say it again because it's true. you are like fuzzyroes in that you will make a claim, people will debunk it with numbers or what have you, and you'll just come back later and make the same claim again. he wasn't cheated. it wasn't even close. he did far worse this year than in 2016. more people wanted Biden.
The exit polls clearly showed it was rigged against Bernie, multiple candidates dropped out early to endorse Biden while Warren stayed in to hurt Bernie, but keep burying your head in the sand about the Democratic party.


you are lost in the political spectrum. you think anyone more than one step to the center of you is objectively defined as right wing. if Sanders is a centrist to you, 95% of the electorate in the US is right wing. but sure, the revolution is coming in 2024

No you are viewing the world through the right wing lens of American politics. Bernie is in favor a mixed economy. He is not advocating for actual socialism like an actual leftist would. Heís on the left but he is not on the far left.

dude you are stupid. some of this is demonstrably false. Trump has not been a typical Republican at all, he's been the worst parts of the GOP from the last five decades on steroids. he brought us to the brink of war with North Korea and Iran for absolutely no reason. he's seriously damaged the US' global standing and diplomacy. We have ONE HUNDRED SEVENTY THOUSAND PEOPLE DEAD.

You are blaming Trump for ďalmostĒ starting wars when Obama started multiple ones and completely ruined Libya. I doubt you extend the same criticism to Obama though.

And Biden has moved to the left. The whole Democratic party has moved to the left. Biden HAS made concessions to the progressives. to say otherwise is just a lie. By the way, you know that Biden's healthcare plan is more popular than universal healthcare right? No, of course you don't. And the environment thing is equally as stupid. Are you aware of how many environmental policies from Obama/Biden Trump has dismantled? No, again, of course you don't, and if you do, you're being purposely disingenuous.

What fucking concessions has Biden made? Do you think Biden returning is to Obama era environmental policies is anywhere near enough? It isnít why do you think weíre in this mess? Because of corporate clowns like Obama and Biden and Bush and Clinton and Reagan and Trump destroying the environment. Trump is probably the worst of the bunch for sure in this category Iíll give you that.

exactly. there was no reason to assume that, and there's no reason to assume it now either. to believe that the political system works like a perfect pendulum and ultimately things will be better if we allow them to get more fucked up first is magical thinking, i.e. there is no evidence whatsoever but it's just some fucking idea this guy has stuck in his head. Nixon didn't give us a progressive. Reagan didn't give us a progressive. W Bush didn't give us a progressive. But sure yeah, it's different this time squish. Maybe you could point out some historical examples of left wing democratic revolutions coming about in response to the right staging a fascist takeover cause I'm coming up blank.

Idk FDR was a response to the failure of a conservative President. There is a precedent there. Obama was a response to the failure of a conservative President. While Obama wasnít a populist, he ran as one. Please give me examples of neoliberals like Biden leading to left wing populists getting the nomination because I just gave you two examples, even if Obama was a fake populist.

blatantly untrue, either by ignorance or purposeful falsehood. again, Trump has been frantically taking about environmental protection policies put into place by Obama/Biden for the last four years.

Trump being worse doesnít mean Biden wonít still be destroying the planet.



you are a delusional self-obsessed baby.
Personal attacks because you canít handle someone having a different opinion than you.
Responses in bold.

 
Squish Squash is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 01:26 PM   #227
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!
 
redbreegull's Avatar
 
Location: WILD BOY
Posts: 31,992
Default

you are clearly prepared to say outright false things in defense of your idiocy. see ya fuzzy
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


I am in two Bernie Sanders meme groups on FB. One has over 390 thousand members. The other has over 27 thousand. The OVERWHELMING sentiment in these groups is that we will not vote for Biden. Many similar sentiments are expressed on the Bernie Sanders subreddit I am subscribed to.

 
redbreegull is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 01:33 PM   #228
Disco King
Minion of Satan
 
Disco King's Avatar
 
Location: Banned
Posts: 7,580
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elphenor View Post
I'm going to share it
Thank you, I love you

 
Disco King is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 01:36 PM   #229
Squish Squash
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Squish Squash's Avatar
 
Location: I should kick you in the sides
Posts: 1,454
Default

“Everyone who doesn’t agree with me is a Trump supporter”

Typical liberal.

 
Squish Squash is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 01:41 PM   #230
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord
 
duovamp's Avatar
 
Location: heavy metal pool party
Posts: 35,663
Default

Got ourselves a proper bad faith discussion wherein we mischaracterize each other’s arguments.

 
duovamp is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 01:42 PM   #231
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord
 
duovamp's Avatar
 
Location: heavy metal pool party
Posts: 35,663
Default

Let’s get back to talking about AOC sitting on my face while Joe video tapes it.

 
duovamp is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 01:45 PM   #232
Squish Squash
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Squish Squash's Avatar
 
Location: I should kick you in the sides
Posts: 1,454
Default

Why would you want Joe Biden anywhere near you during intercourse?

 
Squish Squash is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 01:45 PM   #233
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!
 
MyOneAndOnly's Avatar
 
Location: "Okay, white power feminist" - yo soy el mejor
Posts: 21,740
Default

i went to a Sanders rally in 2016. it was post convention and he was stumping for Clinton. He spoke for an hour. Great stump speech. The entire time a group of people were trying to disrupt his speech with "Bernie" signs. Outside the building more of them chanted anti Clinton nonsense as people filed out.

How does Sanders attract so many people who don't listen to a word he says?

 
MyOneAndOnly is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 01:48 PM   #234
Squish Squash
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Squish Squash's Avatar
 
Location: I should kick you in the sides
Posts: 1,454
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyOneAndOnly View Post
i went to a Sanders rally in 2016. it was post convention and he was stumping for Clinton. He spoke for an hour. Great stump speech. The entire time a group of people were trying to disrupt his speech with "Bernie" signs. Outside the building more of them chanted anti Clinton nonsense as people filed out.

How does Sanders attract so many people who don't listen to a word he says?
Just because generally support his policies (although as I said I don’t think he goes nearly far enough) doesn’t mean we have to listen to everything the man says. To answer your question: Bernie attracts leftists. Leftists are often unlikely to vote for someone like Biden.

 
Squish Squash is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 02:01 PM   #235
Eulogy
huh
 
Posts: 62,293
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squish Squash View Post
Just because generally support his policies (although as I said I donít think he goes nearly far enough) doesnít mean we have to listen to everything the man says. To answer your question: Bernie attracts leftists. Leftists are often unlikely to vote for someone like Biden.
Do you care about every federal judge being a 30 year old fascist or what

 
Eulogy is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 03:35 PM   #236
Elphenor
Braindead
 
Elphenor's Avatar
 
Location: Shivers
Posts: 16,127
Default

95% or whatever of the country IS right wing, the US sux

 
Elphenor is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 03:46 PM   #237
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord
 
duovamp's Avatar
 
Location: heavy metal pool party
Posts: 35,663
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squish Squash View Post
Why would you want Joe Biden anywhere near you during intercourse?
There would be no intercourse.

 
duovamp is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 03:48 PM   #238
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!
 
FoolofaTook's Avatar
 
Location: FlamingGlobes and FoolofaTook are both on my ignore list, and honestly, I love it.
Posts: 35,406
Default


 
FoolofaTook is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 05:02 PM   #239
Squish Squash
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Squish Squash's Avatar
 
Location: I should kick you in the sides
Posts: 1,454
Default

Just in case you guys think I’m the epitome of insane radical left wing politics, someone accused me of being a liberal because I said Vladimir Lenin killing people for disagreeing with him was wrong.

 
Squish Squash is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 05:20 PM   #240
Elphenor
Braindead
 
Elphenor's Avatar
 
Location: Shivers
Posts: 16,127
Default

tankies don't matter

you can be a radical left wing activist and still vote Biden

 
Elphenor is offline
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Google


Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is it my fault that Donald Trump is the 45th president of the United States? teh b0lly!!1 General Chat Message Board 242 08-22-2020 02:17 PM
Keep Trump in President - Countdown to Impeachment MyOneAndOnly General Chat Message Board 237 01-23-2017 06:45 PM
ha ha ha the liberals are in nuclear meltdown Starla General Chat Message Board 489 12-08-2016 08:46 AM
People who are leaving America if Trump becomes president Starla General Chat Message Board 12 03-03-2016 05:50 PM
Friday afternoon "What's going on in your life?" thread TheMilstead General Chat Archive 45 06-07-2008 10:09 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:17 AM.




Smashing Pumpkins, Alternative Music
& General Discussion Message Board and Forums
www.netphoria.org - Copyright © 1998-2020