Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2015, 01:36 PM   #61
Catherine Wheel
Banned

By warning signs I mean that he asked to be banned this summer and then when that didn't happen he left for a month. And of course the meltdowns themselves were warning signs also.

Old 11-15-2015, 01:40 PM   #62
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

if you are being even vaguely serious like the 2000 times he has gone farther off the deep end previously probably count as "precedent" more than warning signs....

Old 11-15-2015, 01:44 PM   #63
Catherine Wheel
Banned

But you seemed to miss the part where I said that he asked to be banned this summer because he knew being here wasn't helping him in any way. He realized if he stayed things were going to get worse so he asked to be banned. And when he was denied that he left for a month.

Old 11-15-2015, 02:23 PM   #64
FoolofaTook

lololol that's so crazy

fucker deserves to be banned. its like in the left hand of darkness by Ursula le guin. these plps hunt down and murder suicidal peeps cos like suicide is more shameful to society than murder

fucking visceral shit right there

Old 11-15-2015, 02:31 PM   #65
redbreegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catherine Wheel View Post
But you seemed to miss the part where I said that he asked to be banned this summer because he knew being here wasn't helping him in any way. He realized if he stayed things were going to get worse so he asked to be banned. And when he was denied that he left for a month.
maybe you hadn't noticed because you were too busy comparing Pere Ubu to Nsync, but he was always been like that, and in fact has mellowed a lot over time. I'm not sure why you see the timeline of this as starting when you started paying attention, but it's pretty much been his cycle forever to be totally cool, then to come here clearly all pissed off or frustrated about something else and wreak havoc. I've told him off dozens of times for using netphoria as a an outlet for his negativity. it's all old hat

Old 11-15-2015, 02:39 PM   #66
Catherine Wheel
Banned

He hasn't mellowed over time. You're an asshole for even assuming that. When you say stuff like that you're just making excuses and justifying all the bullshit that goes on here. And as far as I know he never did something like ask to be banned before this year. Doing that was a clear sign he knew he was headed into a downward spiral on here and he wanted to escape and prevent things from getting worse.

Old 11-15-2015, 02:45 PM   #67
redbreegull

lol

Old 11-15-2015, 02:56 PM   #68
Catherine Wheel
Banned

I would rather be someone like Foolatook or Poots who just come here to crack jokes and have fun then be someone who takes this place seriously and depends on this place for a community and friendship. This place is like one big halfway house or group home.

Old 11-15-2015, 03:31 PM   #69
Order 66
Socialphobic

Your kinda coocoo for coco puffs yourself bruh

Old 11-15-2015, 03:34 PM   #70
redbreegull

Quote:
I would rather be someone like Foolatook or Poots who just come here to crack jokes and have fun then be someone who takes this place seriously and depends on this place for a community and friendship. This place is like one big halfway house or group home.
but you've hardly contributed to or participated in the general chat at all. seeing you come in here now and retell the history of trotskilicious and criticize an element of the board you've had basically nothing to do with seems pretty contrived. I always thought your crazy comparison threads were amusing and sometimes thought-provoking in unexpected ways, but you look silly throwing yourself in here at the 11th hour and jumping on the negativity bandwagon. it's funny how all the people who claim to have the most tenuous interest in staying also seem to have the most to obsessively complain about. this is not just to you personally, but if you really think netphoria has become this awful cess pit... leave. seriously, I don't understand why people stay around to deliver the same indictments of this place over and over in every thread

Old 11-15-2015, 03:35 PM   #71
redbreegull

I call it Rider Syndrome

Old 11-15-2015, 03:35 PM   #72
redbreegull

or maybe Rider's Syndrome

Old 11-15-2015, 03:37 PM   #73
Catherine Wheel
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
but you've hardly contributed to or participated in the general chat at all.
And there is a reason for that.

Old 11-15-2015, 03:38 PM   #74
redbreegull

and furthermore, your new trend of jumping on this place as being full of mentally ill people:

1) didn't you work in special education or something? you definitely worked with kids. one might expect more sympathy towards people with mental health issues from you.

2) you've said so many crazy ass things on here come on

Old 11-15-2015, 03:40 PM   #75
redbreegull

Quote:
And there is a reason for that.
Fair enough, but you understand what I am saying, yes? It seems very phony for you to waltz in now and give us a laundry list of what is wrong with us. It's annoying in the same way as vixnix putting on pretensions of being in some old insiders' circle

Old 11-15-2015, 03:43 PM   #76
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

THere's still a large part of me that believes Catherine Wheel is netpho's best ever troll.

I reckon it's probably duo's.

Old 11-15-2015, 03:44 PM   #77
Catherine Wheel
Banned

I have a lot of sympathy. I even said that fuzzy should be banned because I thought it might help him not be so much of a man-child. I have a lot of sympathy for Trots. When I cam back after a couple of months and I found that he had come back the first thing I said was I was hoping that he would have stayed away and not come back because that seemed good for him. You can have sympathy but not want to be a part of that community and want to remove yourself from it.

Old 11-15-2015, 03:46 PM   #78
redbreegull

that's fine but all the negativity towards everyone and everything about this place is unnecessary. you are clearly reacting to the people saying this place has calmed down and is so much improved now, because I guess you personally don't see that, but why the compulsion to shit on everyone elses' parade?

again, if that is how you feel, just leave. no need to tell us all about how unhealthy and deficient we are and how you know what's best for us. I personally actually wish you wouldn't leave, just stop being negative for no reason other than you feel like saying it out loud.

Old 11-15-2015, 03:54 PM   #79
Catherine Wheel
Banned

I think it was Eulogy's comments about Trots and about how this place is a bad habit that made me speak up.

Old 11-15-2015, 03:56 PM   #80
Catherine Wheel
Banned

I still work in special education by the way.

Old 11-15-2015, 04:14 PM   #81
Catherine Wheel
Banned

You know as much as Erica seems to be in tune with what is going on here and as much as she likes to play social worker on here I don't understand why she never encouraged Trots to leave. She seems to get enjoyment out of trying to help people here. And he clearly needed a certain kind of help.

Old 11-15-2015, 04:31 PM   #82
Order 66
Socialphobic

usually when folks have to 'leave' for their own good they've got problems pertaining to... other things. Not really the board

Not singling out trots but I think people lend a little too much credence to what this board can do and what it's for. YMMV but this place is largely inconsequential

Old 11-15-2015, 04:41 PM   #83
Catherine Wheel
Banned

But didn't exploding boy say something to the contrary recently? He said the board was really doing a number on him and contributing to his issues

"I don't know....while it wasn't spectacular and nobody but me remembers it, i had a mental meltdown last year after id been back for the initial few months and i quit for like 3 months because the forum was really doing a work on me. Like it contributed to my deteriorating mental issues. I'm glad i did it."

Old 11-15-2015, 04:55 PM   #84
Order 66
Socialphobic

a trip to the corner store to pick up toilet paper would trigger a mental meltdown for that guy

Old 11-15-2015, 09:41 PM   #85
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
lololol that's so crazy

fucker deserves to be banned. its like in the left hand of darkness by Ursula le guin. these plps hunt down and murder suicidal peeps cos like suicide is more shameful to society than murder

fucking visceral shit right there
we read the ones who walk away from omelas in my english 2 class a few weeks ago. really good story. i actually wrote a paper on it in class last tuesday.

Old 11-15-2015, 09:45 PM   #86
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
that's fine but all the negativity towards everyone and everything about this place is unnecessary. you are clearly reacting to the people saying this place has calmed down and is so much improved now, because I guess you personally don't see that, but why the compulsion to shit on everyone elses' parade?

again, if that is how you feel, just leave. no need to tell us all about how unhealthy and deficient we are and how you know what's best for us. I personally actually wish you wouldn't leave, just stop being negative for no reason other than you feel like saying it out loud.
seriously.

and catherine wheel, for the last time, im not playing social worker to anybody. THIS IS MY PERSONALITY, motherfucker. perhaps it is foreign to you that someone can be generally kind to most people for no particular reason, but i do exist

Old 11-15-2015, 10:14 PM   #87
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Location: "I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands..."
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Order 66 View Post
a trip to the corner store to pick up toilet paper would trigger a mental meltdown for that guy

I'm not saying you're wrong but that's a little shitty.

Anyway the reason i was doing worse by coming on here is because in 2014 when i came back i was pretty belligerent and opinionated and also nobody knew me enough to get my humor so nobody liked me (not saying everyone does now...) and everyone pretty much misunderstood or misread me and I was constantly reminded of it.

Part of the reason why i was this way is because i was already not doing so well before i returned of course but I remember a night when i couldn't sleep and was pretty mentally distressed and i was posting on here and wondering why because in a sense i was seeking comfort in a place that made me feel worse about myself, from people who not only didn't give a fuck but didn't even like me. And it's when i quit for a few months.

Old 11-16-2015, 08:53 AM   #88
Cool As Ice Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Johnny View Post
CAIC - To the best of my knowledge, you are great. HMU. I'll leave it at that. (get at me tho)
i'm not on any social media. sorry to see you go. take care!

Old 11-16-2015, 10:56 AM   #89
Elphenor
Braindead

Same thing with me

Old 11-16-2015, 09:14 PM   #90
wHATcOLOR
THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

Location: || MY NAME IS KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID ROCK!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeroplane View Post
I'm glad to see your avatar didn't change while I was gone.

Thank you
I think we should always have respect for the classics