Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 01-23-2016, 03:31 PM   #1
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Default They Poisoned an entire City

Old news here. Within the State Flint's poison water has been in the news since 2014. It's good that it's finally in the National new. But at least 10 people have already died and people still cannot drink the water in their own homes.

https://timedotcom.files.wordpress.c...ip=color&w=419

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/21/op...nts-water.html

Quote:
Some of the water tested so high for lead contamination that it was “more than twice the amount at which the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency classifies water as hazardous waste,” according to Guyette.

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention:

“No safe blood lead level in children has been identified. Lead exposure can affect nearly every system in the body. Because lead exposure often occurs with no obvious symptoms, it frequently goes unrecognized.”

The residents of Flint consumed this poisonous water, knowing that something was wrong because of its changing colors and smells, but mostly unaware of just how dangerous it was.

As Water Problems Grew, Officials Belittled Complaints From Flint
Gov. Rick Snyder of Michigan Apologizes in Flint Water Crisis
An entire American city exposed to poisoned water. How could this be?

It is hard to imagine this happening in a city that didn’t have Flint’s demographic profile — mostly black and disproportionately poor.

And, it got worse: Officials apparently kept assuring residents that things were under control, even though many residents knew intuitively that they were not.

Old 01-23-2016, 03:36 PM   #2
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

It's kind of unbelievable... but when I was talking to my buddy in WV about it, he immediately linked me to a whole bunch of info about similar things happening in WV going back decades with lime and coal poisoning the water and such, and the government being complicit and turning a blind eye because of the power of the mining industry.

I do not doubt at all that race is a factor in why no one gave a shit in Flint, but people with money view the poor as nothing but animals regardless of their color.

Old 01-23-2016, 03:47 PM   #3
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Michigan is quickly becoming like WV and many other southern states. After the last census the Republicans were able to heavily gerrymander the State house and Senate. Despite majority votes for Democrats, especially in Flint and Detroit, the GOP has a super majority in the State government.

because of Gerrymandering, Citizens in Flint essentially had no real representation in State government. And the State took over their city and literally suspended their local government.

Even now, some republican politicians are making statements saying that this is a hoax and a Liberal political plot.

http://www.sltrib.com/home/3441922-155/story.html

Old 01-23-2016, 03:55 PM   #4
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

There's a simliar tragedy going on in Detroit right now. The same asshole that was put in Charge by the governor of running flint was also put in charge of the Detroit public schools. These were political appointments for which the "Emergency Manager" under new Michigan law has legal immunity.

The detroit public schools are over a billion dollars in debt. The State refuses to spend the money needed to help the school system. Many of the school buidlinds are in such terrible shape that Kids are attending classes wearing winter jackets due to lack of heat.

Despite it being illegal to Strike in Michigan, Detroit teachers have been staging sickouts all winter, trying to get attention from the media.

you would think that the poison water in Flint would have gotten the republican Emergency Manager some how removed from his position as over loard of the the Detroit Schools. Nope

Old 01-23-2016, 04:00 PM   #5
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

The governor wants to turn the Detroit schools over to a charter school company. he's trying to sell it to the Republican legislature as a way of avoiding a "bail-out"

A few years ago the State took over the Muskegon school district, which is much smaller than detroit's, but also had a large minority population. IE. black and Democratic voters. fThe State turned the School District over to a for profit company. It's been a disaster. They've been unable to properly run the school district on the budget the State provides. At times they've had to shut the schools down.

Old 02-02-2016, 04:04 PM   #6
FoolofaTook

I went to prison in Muskegon.

I left two teeth there, but thankfully I preserved my anal virginitude.

Old 02-02-2016, 04:04 PM   #7
FoolofaTook

Michigan blows, in case you guys didn't get the memo. I am leaving here in about two weeks, hopefully never to return.

Old 02-02-2016, 09:43 PM   #8
Starla

I can't believe they are still making them pay for water that they can't use. The home owners cannot sell their houses and go because it's illegal to sell a house with known piping problems... parents can't turn off the water or this may alert social services to investigate and remove children from the home.. what will all of these people do?

Old 05-31-2016, 07:28 PM   #9
FoolofaTook

pray to god

though personally i would recommend listening to BORIS

Old 06-01-2016, 06:17 PM   #10
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Ain't nothin' no better since Starla's last post.

Old 06-08-2016, 02:13 AM   #11
Elphenor
Braindead

would like to mention Omega didn't show up to this thread where we discuss an actual gov conspiracy to poison water

I'm sure we all know why

Old 06-08-2016, 03:13 AM   #12
redbreegull

no jewish lizard cabal angle?

Old 08-03-2016, 04:58 AM   #13
Cool As Ice Cream

Anyone got Zika yet?
Pretty sure this is just another population control tactic

Old 08-03-2016, 07:27 AM   #14
Cool As Ice Cream

obama's in there

Old 08-03-2016, 12:58 PM   #15
redbreegull

it's just not really shocking at all. The moment for this story to go viral was 2016 because of the obvious racist component and the blatancy with which the government did nothing because they don't give a shit about black lives

but shit like this happens all the time, there are many populations in the US with drinking water that is not safe because no one gives two shits if you are poor and don't vote