Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2018, 11:46 AM   #31
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
everyone should be able to defend anyone they want when they are attacked for being born a certain way. I was born with white skin, does that make it okay for you to project negative traits on me because of the way i was born?
It really doesn't take much for you to willingly express them at me for little to no reason.

Old 02-27-2018, 11:50 AM   #32
pinetree
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by pale_princess View Post
And that, my friends, is Bill Corgan's alt-right bullshit tainting us.
I hate donald trump, I hate GOP politicians, I have nothing to do with the "alt right". I hate the concept of judging anyone by the way they were born. I judge based on actions and words. If you think it's okay to disparage people based on race, I'm sorry, I respectfully disagree and that's not "Alt right".

Old 02-27-2018, 11:51 AM   #33
BlissedandGone2
Minion of Satan

Location: You don't play guitar hero if you are a guitar hero.

Oh sweet Jesus this place is a disaster now.

Old 02-27-2018, 11:54 AM   #34
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

STFU about politics and SJW nonsense.

This is not the fucking Huffington Post.

Old 02-27-2018, 11:55 AM   #35
pinetree
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBelle View Post
It really doesn't take much for you to willingly express them at me for little to no reason.
I'm sorry you feel that way. but you've made your point. albeit very poorly and without logic. i'm done responding to you and this thread. i came here to talk about music.

Old 02-27-2018, 11:56 AM   #36
MarquisInSpades
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoergosum View Post

Yeah, we should stop.

Old 02-27-2018, 01:13 PM   #37
Oklahoma Sexual
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavementtune View Post
I honestly can't tell which of the 2 is the entirely fake one, and that somehow has affected how I feel about even older songs. I connected to many, and that more than is probably healthy. At this point I see a good chance that I connected to carefully crafted, completely void, fake audio-money. Good thing it's just songs!
exactly. not too much invested besides a lot of time. i think i'm just grieving the loss of this band and what it represented to me. i'm not saying my obsession was a healthy thing, but having to part ways, even when you know it's the right thing to do, sucks.

how many people have to walk away from this guy before he realizes HE has to own responsibility for his actions? i guess the entire fan base could do it, but SMs will always be there to pack out 20 people in whatever venue he chooses to perform after this greatest hits tour.

Old 02-27-2018, 01:21 PM   #38
Oklahoma Sexual
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool As Ice Cream View Post
that's what i was thinking.
would you believe his apology to be genuine, oklahoma?
even if it was, i think a lot of people would be skeptical.
i would be skeptical too, but goddamn it, he could try. the closest i've seen to him attempt something like this was during the auggieblahblah interview with the canadian guy and Balls was sitting at the piano. i think he played neil young as an outro. but during the interview, he expressed some apparent and seemingly legitimate words about his past indiscretions. i was like, ok, cool, finally! this is someone i can respect.

then the d'arcy thing happened, that stupid photo, mancow making a contest out of a physical injury, the entire band not acknowledging anything about it, hiring jack bates, and doing the sell out tour- which he slammed every other band in history for doing. and bringing back the siamese dream girls, after talking so much shit about how nostalgia acts are irrelevant. but he needs money, so now it's okay. he just sickens me. more than before, and that's saying something.

Old 02-27-2018, 02:33 PM   #39
RAWK
Pledge

Quote:
That definition is largely useless because it doesn't take into consideration that white people are in a position of power and privilege.

Gosh, it's like talking to 12 year olds.
Looks like we got an SJW here

Old 02-27-2018, 02:40 PM   #40
PuzzledMuzzle
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavementtune View Post

racism against white people cannot exist
You and Paul Mooney are probably the only two bigots whom would claim this. But yeah, political correctness is a corrosive force after all, of course it would alter the sociological perception of race for some sheep such as yourself.

Old 02-27-2018, 02:42 PM   #41
PuzzledMuzzle
Ownz

And the fact that I'm black has nothing to do with it.

It's like saying that ethnicity X is for whatever reason more racist than ethnicity Y, because that's just the way it is...?

Separated by almost 200 years and 10+ generations of those wrongdoings, judging anybody by their skin color is a fucking sham. I don't care how you label it. I wouldn't want to be called a n***** more than I would call any white person I don't know entitled.

Old 02-27-2018, 03:59 PM   #42
Squish Squash
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pale_princess View Post
And that, my friends, is Bill Corgan's alt-right bullshit tainting us.
He was liberal in the 90s but maybe that was the influence of his band mates? Heck as recently as 2008 he was an Obama supporter. Idk what his deal is.

Old 02-27-2018, 04:01 PM   #43
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

didn't know the 1960s was 200 years ago. you think slaves were freed and then everything became equal? shit still isn't equal, it certainly wasn't a few generations ago

Old 02-27-2018, 04:04 PM   #44
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuzzledMuzzle View Post
And the fact that I'm black has nothing to do with it.

It's like saying that ethnicity X is for whatever reason more racist than ethnicity Y, because that's just the way it is...?

Separated by almost 200 years and 10+ generations of those wrongdoings, judging anybody by their skin color is a fucking sham. I don't care how you label it. I wouldn't want to be called a n***** more than I would call any white person I don't know entitled.
white people are privileged. that's not the same thing as entitled, but one can lead to another. billy fucking corgan is definitely a privileged, entitled, rich white person. the idea that he will become a privileged, rich, humble white person is extremely far-fetched. it isn't because of his skin color but his skin color makes him de-facto privileged, and years of him being abused and him abusing others just adds to it.

Old 02-27-2018, 04:31 PM   #45
ava transformer
Apocalyptic Poster

I am also a black person & there is a huge difference between the systemic racism us black people are oppressed by & that one time a white person was called whatever.
I live with anti blackness every day and it's why I made it so I can't have children because I wouldn't want them to experience what I do simply for being black.

Old 02-27-2018, 04:33 PM   #46
MarquisInSpades
Banned

Old 02-27-2018, 04:46 PM   #47
douglas78
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
I'm sorry you feel that way. but you've made your point. albeit very poorly and without logic. i'm done responding to you and this thread. i came here to talk about music.
You might as well hang it up now.

Old 02-27-2018, 05:04 PM   #48
Candy Cane
Demi-God

Location: Where the willows weep and the whirpools sleep you'll find me.

Would this be the wrong time to discuss our favorite Burzum records?

Old 02-27-2018, 05:07 PM   #49
MarquisInSpades
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Cane View Post
Would this be the wrong time to discuss our favorite Burzum records?
hahahahahaha

(filosofem)

Old 02-27-2018, 05:10 PM   #50
slunken
Virgo

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/b...psylp3c9a5.jpg

Old 02-27-2018, 05:12 PM   #51
MarquisInSpades
Banned

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...wD-J9uYgeRRHZA

Old 02-27-2018, 05:37 PM   #52
Rider
Minion of Satan

Location: I was born a snake handler, and I'll die a snake handler

So are people really falling for the troll or is it just one person with multiple accounts talking to himself?

Old 02-27-2018, 05:42 PM   #53
pinetree
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
So are people really falling for the troll or is it just one person with multiple accounts talking to himself?
How is saying "no one should be judged by the color of their skin, but by the character of their actions" troll behavior? (If you werent talking about me, I apologize)

Old 02-27-2018, 05:50 PM   #54
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
How is saying "no one should be judged by the color of their skin, but by the character of their actions" troll behavior? (If you werent talking about me, I apologize)
because you can't ignore the roles society forces upon us by virtue of our birth and expect to understand human behavior at the same time. that goes for race, gender identity, wealth, location, etc

of course people should be judged by their actions, but their actions happen IN CONTEXT, and that context is important. using a label like "white man" is a short way to get at that issue of context, because (most) everyone knows white people have certain advantages that people of other races do not, men have a certain status in society compared to women, etc etc

pretty basic stuff

Old 02-27-2018, 05:59 PM   #55
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Quote:
If he tried to apologize it would probably come across like Kevin Spacey's or Louis CK's "apologies" and would only make me hate him more.
I actually though Louis CK's apology was pretty decent. Or at least as decent as such a thing could be. It doesn't change what he did, but at least he didn't deny the victims or try to explain away his actions. Kevin Spacey can get fucked though.

Old 02-27-2018, 06:02 PM   #56
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoergosum View Post

Everyone please stop, amoreorgasm is getting triggered.

Old 02-27-2018, 06:03 PM   #57
pinetree
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
because you can't ignore the roles society forces upon us by virtue of our birth and expect to understand human behavior at the same time. that goes for race, gender identity, wealth, location, etc

of course people should be judged by their actions, but their actions happen IN CONTEXT, and that context is important. using a label like "white man" is a short way to get at that issue of context, because (most) everyone knows white people have certain advantages that people of other races do not, men have a certain status in society compared to women, etc etc

pretty basic stuff
I don't deny that, and I understand that. But that doesn't make it okay to insult all white men. The person that brought up race in this thread implied that BC will never be humble because he's a white man. And thank you for being respectful and thoughtful in your response.

Old 02-27-2018, 06:05 PM   #58
soniclovenoize
Minion of Satan

Wow sure is White Fragility up in here

Old 02-27-2018, 06:07 PM   #59
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingGlobes View Post
I actually though Louis CK's apology was pretty decent. Or at least as decent as such a thing could be. It doesn't change what he did, but at least he didn't deny the victims or try to explain away his actions. Kevin Spacey can get fucked though.
He never even uses the words "sorry" or "apologize" on his letter.
He owned up to it, which is more that can be said for a lot of the people who got exposed, but that does not a sincere apology make.

Old 02-27-2018, 06:09 PM   #60
pinetree
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by soniclovenoize View Post
Wow sure is White Fragility up in here
I am literally crying