Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2018, 05:51 AM   #1
WeilandFan
Apocalyptic Poster

Default D'arcy leaks Billy's 'Steven Adler' reunion offer

Smashing Pumpkins' D'arcy Shares Billy Corgan's 'Guns N' Roses' Reunion Offer https://www.alternativenation.net/sm...reunion-offer/

Old 02-13-2018, 05:55 AM   #2
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

omgomgomgomgomg

Old 02-13-2018, 05:58 AM   #3
Shallowed
Braindead

ok

Old 02-13-2018, 05:59 AM   #4
eviltimeban
Apocalyptic Poster

Sounds like Billy was being really nice to D'Arcy. And she was agreeing with him, and his proposal.

So what went wrong?

Old 02-13-2018, 06:01 AM   #5
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

Buttcannon, it's getting really late for you in fartcentral, good thing we cover multiple time zones while watching the shitshow unfold.

you need your farts together tomorrow because I WILL RIP YOUR FARTICLES OUT if you don't proofread the D'arcy interview properly before it goes online tomorrow. sleep well.

Old 02-13-2018, 06:05 AM   #6
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

if these are indeed authentic, billy is being so fake nice and ruthless. he doesn't give a shit about anything or anyone but himself. every single thing he says is directed towards making clear that this incarnation of SP is just another BC solo project. it's cynical use of the moniker and the people involved and it's disrespectful and dishonest towards fans to present it as anything other than more of the same

Old 02-13-2018, 06:06 AM   #7
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

...so she wasn't able to come to LA due to an injury:

https://i.imgur.com/00UJu5X.png

https://i.imgur.com/CRtOxHd.png

https://i.imgur.com/kD3VzQQ.png

https://i.imgur.com/jzeulGr.png

Old 02-13-2018, 06:09 AM   #8
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

this one is great:

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'arcy
money is not important to me
you are throwing something away that is so precious
and you know I'm not talking about me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bollster
The answer is you deserve to be on a t-shirt if someone wants to buy it and get your just due for the hard work you put in. But if you don't want to be on a t-shirt then the kids are happy to buy something else.
bwhahaha jesus christ

Old 02-13-2018, 06:11 AM   #9
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Quote:
The answer is you deserve to be on a t-shirt if someone wants to buy it and get your just due for the hard work you put in. But if you don't want to be on a t-shirt then the kids are happy to buy something else.

Old 02-13-2018, 06:11 AM   #10
eviltimeban
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh b0lly!!1 View Post
if these are indeed authentic, billy is being so fake nice and ruthless. he doesn't give a shit about anything or anyone but himself. every single thing he says is directed towards making clear that this incarnation of SP is just another BC solo project. it's cynical use of the moniker and the people involved and it's disrespectful and dishonest towards fans to present it as anything other than more of the same
I get the complete opposite. He wanted her involved, wanted to ease her back into it. Think about it, throw me or you or anyone who's never done it before, into a world tour with massive production values, the stress would be immense. The fact that D'arcy hasn't played live for nearly 20 years is clearly an issue. Same with Adler. They can't just show up and then tour for 18 months.

It seemed to be going ok, she was agreeing with him based on the texts. It looked like a pretty clear idea - we start slow, build up the momentum to the point where you are able to play every night. Heck, he even offered to give her her own tour bus so she could come and go when she pleased!

Old 02-13-2018, 06:13 AM   #11
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

this fucking talking about "having to prove we can compete"

and marching forward relentlessly regardless of D'arcy or James' schedule & circumstances, instead of taking it slow and letting it be what it needs to on a personal level (which - inevitably - he promised he would absolutely do, if everybody indeed expressed desire to reunite)

"We understand you enthusiasm" - fucking customer service speak

and considering how this entire conversation is through texts, instead of picking up the phone and talking to someone who once played such an important role in your life.

this is abhorrent stuff

"ok, great on not needing surgery" - translation: yeah whatever that's nice, sorry can't bring myself to give a full shit at the moment

Old 02-13-2018, 06:16 AM   #12
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavementtune View Post
this one is great:

bwhahaha jesus christ

yeah that's a particularly sickening one

this conversation truly demonstrates why billy corgan has been such a horrible musician for the past 20 years: he's all about business, the art is secondary

Old 02-13-2018, 06:17 AM   #13
pavementtune

it is classic brand-speak yes. but was anyone under the assumption 90ies reunions happen because they love each other so much?

still, not "evil" or full asshole or anything, basically the best you can expect from someone like Bolly to begin with.

cliffhanger here really is - why did he just cut off communication, what happened that this went fully south. he must have known D'arcy would get a tiny bit mad and take a dump on their promo parade.

stay tuned for the buttcannon-central interview! (really assumptions what went sour after these texts are fun and all, also a total waste of time since she already did an interview - and we will see it later today.)

Old 02-13-2018, 06:18 AM   #14
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by eviltimeban View Post
I get the complete opposite. He wanted her involved, wanted to ease her back into it. Think about it, throw me or you or anyone who's never done it before, into a world tour with massive production values, the stress would be immense. The fact that D'arcy hasn't played live for nearly 20 years is clearly an issue. Same with Adler. They can't just show up and then tour for 18 months.

It seemed to be going ok, she was agreeing with him based on the texts. It looked like a pretty clear idea - we start slow, build up the momentum to the point where you are able to play every night. Heck, he even offered to give her her own tour bus so she could come and go when she pleased!
if he really wanted everybody involved, he would have just, you know, NOT BOOKED A TOUR, and given it some time so everybody could get back together, get to know each other again, work on some material, etc

but i guess that's really asking too much of a person we all know is incapable of not being a six foot tall dick

Old 02-13-2018, 06:20 AM   #15
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

...so Jack Bates will be the touring bassist...lame...

Both Jack and Jeff have absolutely NO stage presence.

>>>

Old 02-13-2018, 06:22 AM   #16
pavementtune

wait, I just got through all the texts, do I get this right - after telling him very very clearly she really wants this to happen - all 4, full reunion - over and over again, he basically told her (phrased nicely) - that if she doesn't do whatever he wants her role to be, it won't be her at all but Jack Bates? just phrased niceynicey instead of a flat out threat?

Old 02-13-2018, 06:23 AM   #17
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

it's ok who cares the club is chock full of kids who want to listen to old songs and buy t-shirts

Old 02-13-2018, 06:30 AM   #18
pavementtune

there is one reason why all of it sounds like fake bullshit from the getgo to me.

- if you really plan to get 4 people together who indeed have not played together in 19 years, and you have the means and schedule to fly around the country all the fucking time (even to tape wrestling tv) -would you not maybe get your fucking ass to michigan and meet your former band mate at least ONCE face to face before you go ahead with your plans? and by ahead I mean get a full package going for the 30th anniversary?

he never actually bothered to meet her in the past 2 years. but, planned the entire 30th anniversary shit. so what, thought from the get-go "if she agrees to do the steven adler thing, great, her involvement will be on my terms, doing the part I assign to her, if not, plan b anyway, kids gonna buy shirts without her on it, too?"

Quote:
We understand your enthusiasm. But we also have to balance the forces at play. I know you don't agree, nor do you have to.

Last edited by pavementtune : 02-13-2018 at 06:37 AM.

Old 02-13-2018, 06:39 AM   #19
New Art Rioter
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:

- if you really plan to get 4 people together who indeed have not played together in 19 years, and you have the means and schedule to fly around the country all the fucking time (even to tape wrestling tv) -would you not maybe get your fucking ass to michigan and meet your former band mate at least ONCE face to face before you go ahead with your plans? and by ahead I mean get a full package going for the 30th anniversary?

Because this isn't about making things work with the four of them in a low pressure environment, it's about Corgan doing whatever he can to leverage himself back into arenas

Seriously, why would you not just meet up and jam, go out for dinner, have a good time, maybe book some small club shows or something to test the waters instead of the biggest venues possible?

Insane way of thinking and I'm glad that D'arcy continues to be possibly the only person in the world who calls him out on this shit

Old 02-13-2018, 06:40 AM   #20
VoxUpDoc
Apocalyptic Poster

But... this implies D’arcy was invited to the studio and declined due to shoulder injury (excuse)..

Which means Billy had hoped to get her and James in the studio at least. He even says her just being there or getting on stage for a couple of songs would mean something. He’s trying.

I don’t think Billy comes across badly here - I mean, he is being false but so what? - what he’s saying is ultimately true. And it makes the ambitions of the tour sound great from a production standpoint tbh.

No publicity is bad publicity and this story is getting them a ton of it.

Old 02-13-2018, 06:42 AM   #21
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Art Rioter View Post
Seriously, why would you not just meet up and jam, go out for dinner, have a good time, maybe book some small club shows or something to test the waters instead of the biggest venues possible?

Exactly.

They should have done something like the Arising tour with D'Arcy.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7006/6...0e86d7c0_z.jpg

Old 02-13-2018, 06:42 AM   #22
pavementtune

what he is trying is to get the thing going he had planned years ago already. guest appearance, and make her sign that. that is what he is trying to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody View Post

No publicity is bad publicity and this story is getting them a ton of it.
sure, if you needed one thing to get a "SP" vibe going with a promo, this is it!

Old 02-13-2018, 06:52 AM   #23
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

Quote:
wait, I just got through all the texts, do I get this right - after telling him very very clearly she really wants this to happen - all 4, full reunion - over and over again, he basically told her (phrased nicely) - that if she doesn't do whatever he wants her role to be, it won't be her at all but Jack Bates? just phrased niceynicey instead of a flat out threat?
Quote:
there is one reason why all of it sounds like fake bullshit from the getgo to me.

he never actually bothered to meet her in the past 2 years. but, planned the entire 30th anniversary shit. so what, thought from the get-go "if she agrees to do the steven adler thing, great, her involvement will be on my terms, doing the part I assign to her, if not, plan b anyway, kids gonna buy shirts without her on it, too?"
sorry for being redundant but this is precisely what i was getting at - good way of putting it

Old 02-13-2018, 06:53 AM   #24
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

god what a class A piece of shit this guy is, truly

Old 02-13-2018, 06:56 AM   #25
pavementtune

for whatever braindead-Ishouldknowbetter-reason I was still thinking (before they unleashed the truck, banner and countdown promo) that any sort of reunion would take place in cool venues. metro, more intimate than arenas, thalia hall, something like that.

how silly. I must have really bought the "oh I realized what the original combination means, it's all about music, if we can get together one day again, great" horseshit.
it's merch in massive arenas. it's the last hurray to cash in on a brand name he slaughtered. how daft am I.

Old 02-13-2018, 07:06 AM   #26
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

gotta prove we can compete at the highest level

you know how it is

Old 02-13-2018, 07:15 AM   #27
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

https://i.imgur.com/TCNKvgl.png

Last edited by amoergosum : 02-13-2018 at 07:30 AM.

Old 02-13-2018, 07:18 AM   #28
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster

Both sides are a fucking joke.

Darcy sounds like she wants to be there but is to afraid to commit, like finding an excuse for everything. "I can't come out and play soccer with you today cause my mommy grounded me" kind of child, when in fact you're just too afraid.

Billy is making bad decisions again.

Old 02-13-2018, 07:20 AM   #29
TuralyonW3
Immortal

I’m so confused

Old 02-13-2018, 07:22 AM   #30
pavementtune

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoergosum View Post
dang I overlooked that one, this is actually real. okay then, have fun on the arena sell out tour, US!