Disarm
Tonite Reprise
Tonight, Tonight
Bullet With Butterfly Wings
Mayonaise
Zero
Ava Adore
Black Diamond

Please tell me somebody recorded this show. I have a pretty good quality recording of the 2010 show, and I hope to be able to relive this show again.

Old 09-29-2012, 09:40 PM   #2
Monet LSD
Ownz

Location: ...Talk about dedication, going all the way to the down under to read a rolling stones.

They didn't even play Black Sunshine + Gossamer?

Old 09-29-2012, 10:03 PM   #3
AveryLoren
Apocalyptic Poster

Last edited by AveryLoren : 05-17-2013 at 09:47 AM.

Old 09-30-2012, 03:36 PM   #4
meangreensp
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by AveryLoren View Post
Here’s a story about my experience with the “Smashing Pumpkins” Yesterday. I arrived at the Cain’s Ballroom at 7:30am and was hoping to be the first one there, but wasn’t. The day was your normal boring concert wait; thankfully I had my friend with me and some cool people to talk with. Nothing of interest happened until around 5:00pm when they started sound checking and played Mayonaise, Today, Stand Inside Your Love, Gossamer, and Quiet! I was blown away by the jamming between Billy, Jeff and (despite how much as I dislike her) Nicole, but as soon as Mike came in on the drums it was just atrocious. He came in late, fell on the wrong beats and just flat out sounded like an amateur young fan, exactly what he is.

They then played what I presume could only be early work on two new songs, it was too developed to be a jam and wasn’t Black Sunshine. One of the songs had a section much like the drum intro of United States so it could be eventually incorporated into that song, but the drum pattern was distinctively different.

I have to say Billy is the ultimate troll because despite Mayonaise, they didn’t play any of the songs they played during sound check. The doors opened at 7:30; a full 30 minutes behind schedule… once the openers started it was already 8:10. By the time the pumpkins went on things were way behind schedule and I think the disorder of the staff is to blame for the set being cut. Maybe not, they did close with “Black Diamond” a Kiss cover (Kiss sucks by the way). I have to say it was still an awesome show; there definitely is a reason why the pumpkins are headliners and it’s not a nostalgia trip.
It was an incredible show. Corgan was smiling, generally having a fun time. He even seemed to enjoy the old songs. I agree they were way behind schedule, though, probably why the set got cut short. Even then, they still played for two hours.

Old 09-30-2012, 09:07 PM   #5
AveryLoren
Apocalyptic Poster

yeah it was good to see him smile.

Old 10-03-2012, 07:46 PM   #6
WhoAmI
WhyAmIHere

On the Archive.

Old 10-03-2012, 07:52 PM   #7
bugo
Amish Rake Fighter

Yes! I'm downloading the show as we speak. I have audio of the other Pumpkins show I have attended, which was the 2010 Cain's show. I'm glad that I'm getting audio of this show as well.

Is there a reason that Wildflower is split in two? I'll probably attempt to splice them together. I'll probably also split Tonite Reprise and Tonight, Tonight.

Old 10-27-2012, 01:18 AM   #8
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.