Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Thumbs down

solarainflammation

Burn down the son!

Old 07-19-2018, 10:23 PM   #32
coolstorybro
Pledge

“I don’t see me reaching the highest levels of my creativity if I’m unhealthy and if I have unhealthy people around me."

What a fucking asshole.

Old 07-19-2018, 10:29 PM   #33
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by solaraflame View Post
Dear Netphoria, you are a terrible site. Some of the posts here and comments have been so hideous and on the darkest side of internet humanity that it feels like some icky basement in a 4-chan orgy.
You keyboard warriors forget that Billy is a fellow human. I'd take the worst of Billy then the lot of you. Some of your remarks have been cruel and border on a passive aggressive or overt sociopatic streak.
Some of the putrid hate you have is downright scary. The human heart can be a wicked place and some of you are proof.
Billy made some of the greatest records of all time. None of you have.
Billy has ventured into many things. Have some of you ventured out of your own thick skin?
The SP camp does have gracious and cool people...but Netphoria is poison. Reading some of the bile here...it completely and resolutely makes me wonder why any of you linger under this spectral umbrella of the Pumpkins, as none of you are fans at heart.
You may hate or loathe what Billy creates now, but a genuine fan of the band would never spill such hate and malice, like many of you.
The true fans are those who recognize how to cherish the past while accepting the future and present, even if it isn't a standard many of us would agree upon.
It's doubtful this post will make a difference. To me though, it does.
You hateful posters make me embarrassed to know that we've listened to the same records. Apparently, the great messages and vulnerability of Billy's early music has had no effect. You are like gremlins, no longer pure.
In closing, your forums are terrible and worthless. Netphoria is pointless and those who post here know that other refuges for genuine fans exist via Facebook.
Farewell and good night.
Damn now that you mention it...

Old 07-19-2018, 10:50 PM   #34
Laundro
Pledge

I always do my best to forget that RS interview existed. A total trainwreck, and probably the first step in acknowledging that Corgan was irredeemable trash as a person.

Old 07-19-2018, 11:01 PM   #35
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

yeah that was my breaking point, that interview.

Old 07-19-2018, 11:32 PM   #36
BurtSampson
Apocalyptic Poster

Go back to the SP subreddit and talk about how Machina is underrated and your ideal 1 disc MCIS tracklist

Old 07-19-2018, 11:46 PM   #37
slunken
Virgo

First of all how dare you

Old 07-19-2018, 11:50 PM   #38
Zer0 Hour
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeilandFan View Post
https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...eature-233690/

When Chamberlin and Corgan hit the road on a so-called 20th-anniversary tour in late 2008, fans started asking the same question. Dressed in long, shiny robes, Corgan played sets that were nearly four hours long, padded by a 25-minute cover of Pink Floyd’s “Set the Controls for the Heart of the Sun,” spiced with electronic bird calls. Fans walked out as Corgan berated them from the stage. “It was like burning a bridge, and I’m really good at burning bridges,” Corgan says, smiling. “It was crazy — violent like I haven’t seen in a long time. The dialogues with fans, they got contentious.”

Afterward, Corgan fired Chamberlin — though the drummer halfheartedly suggests that he might have quit. Until he had his first child seven years ago, Chamberlin was a heroin addict — Corgan first fired him in 1996 after touring keyboardist Jonathan Melvoin died while partying with him on tour one night. Chamberlin is sober now, but Corgan is convinced that his character hasn’t changed, that he is fundamentally “unhealthy.” “Jimmy is a destructive human being, and people who are destructive break things,” Corgan says. “I don’t see me reaching the highest levels of my creativity if I’m unhealthy and if I have unhealthy people around me. Every time Jimmy didn’t show up for a week in the studio, I made it about me. Any time James Iha was off in a corner somewhere not paying any fucking attention, I made it about me.” After Corgan told Chamberlin he was out, the drummer “unloaded” on Corgan, unleashing 20 years worth of pent-up insults. “So I was like, ‘Fuck you,’ ” Corgan recalls. “ ’Go ride around in a white van for the rest of your life.’ ”

Thanks for posting that; I’d never read that interview before. Goddamn, Billy is a real shitbag.

Old 07-20-2018, 12:40 AM   #39
MsBlue
Amish Rake Fighter

I can't stand Billy today. Haven't been able to stand him for years. I think he's vile, narcissistic, and possibly a sociopath. But I loved the Pumpkins of the 90s. And I still love them. The Pumpkins, to me, are the original 4. The newer stuff may, in some instances, be decent in its own right, but it's not the Pumpkins. It's just Billy C. Which is fine and dandy, but I'm under no obligation to like his new music. I have been able to separate my love for the band that was from my dislike of Billy. I thought the D'arcy thing, regardless of which side you believe, was handled so poorly that I'm not sure he could redeem it at this point.

Take a band like Veruca Salt - extremely contentious breakup. Louise Post continued touring under the name with rotating band members for years. Until finally the original 4 reunited. Louise's longtime guitarist Stephen didn't become some awkward third guitarist. He quietly stepped aside and let the original band do their thing. That's the way to do a reunion.

Old 07-20-2018, 01:06 AM   #40
Sonic Johnny
Through Silver In Buds

Well shiiiiit man how long has it been since we had one of these threads? Zeitgeist maybe? Fucken hell man people were doing these when I signed up in 03

Old 07-20-2018, 01:10 AM   #41
jakobtheliar
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolstorybro View Post
“I don’t see me reaching the highest levels of my creativity if I’m unhealthy and if I have unhealthy people around me."

What a fucking asshole.
This. So much. Especially taking into consideration his last 9 years of output.

Teargarden. Oceania live DVD. Monuments. Ugh.

Look at that list and tell me he didn't need Jimmy and that Jim was the destructive person. And look at the tour reviews because James is back.

Old 07-20-2018, 01:26 AM   #42
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Johnny View Post
Well shiiiiit man how long has it been since we had one of these threads? Zeitgeist maybe? Fucken hell man people were doing these when I signed up in 03
We've had a couple i think.

Remember Corgan Rules?

Old 07-20-2018, 01:29 AM   #43
Sonic Johnny
Through Silver In Buds

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashingjj View Post
Remember Corgan Rules?
I absolutely do not in any capacity remember this poster

Old 07-20-2018, 01:31 AM   #44
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeilandFan View Post
“I don’t see me reaching the highest levels of my creativity if I’m unhealthy and if I have unhealthy people around me.

2005:

[on Zwan]

"I got snookered in by really bad people. It's embarrassing to me. But it wised me up to why I play, and who I love, and it made me appreciate my old band even more."

---
P.S.:

"The other members have suggested in subsequent interview that they were equally unhappy in Zwan, but have been reticent to get too detailed because of non-disclosure agreements that they signed. "

2012:

"James Iha I think is just a piece of shit. I think he’s one of the worst human beings I’ve ever met in my life. And D’arcy, she’s sort of, in her own way, sort of an innocent."

2014:

"Mike Byrne has taught me a lot about his generation. And watching the twitch up close, the ADD of it all, I’m starting to understand what he found boring about The Mighty SP. He wasn’t wrong. But he also wasn’t right, too."

2018:

" “I think what she did demonstrates why she couldn’t be involved,” Mr. Corgan said. “I was vulnerable and shared things and trusted that there was a reason to give it a chance, despite plenty of empirical evidence that that was not a wise decision.” That bridge is now burned “forever,” he added."

Old 07-20-2018, 01:41 AM   #45
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Johnny View Post
I absolutely do not in any capacity remember this poster
I was trying to dig up some quality work of his, but basically every post was defending Corgan against whatever, also every single song he ever wrote was the best ever and if you disagreed you were a fucking loser

Old 07-20-2018, 01:51 AM   #46
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

and guess what? he was right.

Old 07-20-2018, 02:06 AM   #47
Whir34
Pledge

I have to say I do agree with the fundamental point you are making in your post, although I do think you take this place a little bit too seriously.

I am what you might call a lurker - for some reason I keep coming back to read the posts (without making any input myself) as I do find them entertaining but I agree that some of them take it too far, especially any personal attacks on Billy or his family or comments on things such as his weight and beliefs.

Despite my post counts, I have been a member here for nearly 4 years.

Occasionally, I do come on and post, most recently I came on to say that I actually quite liked Solara and the video - only to be roundly attacked and mocked.

I think many of the people here loved the old music but don't like the new output from Billy and they like to vent about that - so yes this has essentially become a Billy bashing website which is sad to see for a man which created some of the greatest rock music ever written with his first 5 records.

However, nearly every day I clock in and read the comments and posts even though I disagree with most of them. Not quite sure what that says about me.

Old 07-20-2018, 02:07 AM   #48
FoolofaTook

ok

Old 07-20-2018, 02:11 AM   #49
Whir34
Pledge

One other thing I would like to observe from my daily lurking sessions is that despite all the Billy bashing, I do get the sense that deep down many of the posters who are doing that, do still love Billy deep down and they would love for him to be successful again. Unless I am just being naïve.

Last edited by Whir34 : 07-20-2018 at 02:17 AM.

Old 07-20-2018, 02:15 AM   #50
Sonic Johnny
Through Silver In Buds

oh no fuck no, man. I want Billy to languish into obscurity and die bitter and alone, cause he's a sack of shit dude. That said, SP's 90s output is unparalleled.

Old 07-20-2018, 02:19 AM   #51
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whir34 View Post
However, nearly every day I clock in and read the comments and posts even though I disagree with most of them. Not quite sure what that says about me.
>>>

Old 07-20-2018, 03:48 AM   #52
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofglass11 View Post
Ok Linda
Word up.

Old 07-20-2018, 03:54 AM   #53
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster

Red face

Flying Monkeys

Old 07-20-2018, 04:00 AM   #54
incubator
Apocalyptic Poster

Dear Linda,

Everyone is here because they love Smashing Pumpkins and are hanging onto hope that they'll be great again. People are negative when the music's bad because we know Smashing Pumpkins can be better. The vibe has been very positive since the tour started as it does seem to be legitimately good.

I find all of the other "communities" a bit creepy. This place is performing the old D'arcy role. We don't play on any of the records but we do call him out when he does something shit. Sadly he's been doing a lot of shit but the tour does look great

KIND REGARDS

Old 07-20-2018, 04:56 AM   #55
Cool As Ice Cream

mindy strawtits flies again...

Old 07-20-2018, 05:22 AM   #56
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

https://j.gifs.com/KZxY0z.gif

Old 07-20-2018, 05:53 AM   #57
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster