Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2011, 12:17 AM   #91
killtrocity
Saturday Night Goth

Once again and possibly for the last time, Gus underestimates the father-son bond between Walter and Jesse

Old 10-03-2011, 02:52 AM   #92
Order 66
Socialphobic

glad to see they're fading this show out at a nice pace. problem with most shows is they try and cram too many plotlines into the last season and there's no breathing room for character development to come full circle. but here it seems there's not many more directions to go, so there should be enough time for everything to be wrapped up nicely.

Old 10-03-2011, 07:43 AM   #93
Eulogy
huh

is there any explanation at all for gus not walking to his car?

Old 10-03-2011, 10:19 AM   #94
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

he must have seen sum'n suspicious.

Old 10-03-2011, 12:14 PM   #95
Order 66
Socialphobic

he's gus. he knows these things

Old 10-03-2011, 12:26 PM   #96
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

I think Walt poisoned the kid (or someone else besides Gus), and the reason Gus stopped is because Jesse inadvertently tipped him off that he thought Gus did it (mentioning poisoning), and he smelled something fishy.

Would be a great scheme for Walt to get Jesse back on his side.

Maybe?

Old 10-03-2011, 12:40 PM   #97
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

It's kinda far fetched that ANYONE took it out of his pack, so I hope there's a good explanation as to how.

Old 10-03-2011, 12:44 PM   #98
Banana
Banned

Last nights episode was just silly. 2 great episodes have been followed by one that goes a little over board with the ridiculous conclusions that the characters are supposed to leap to.

Old 10-03-2011, 12:44 PM   #99
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Plus maybe the kid just took it from his pack and tried to smoke it? There must be some obvious explanation how this isn't possible because it seems like the most obvious answer.

Old 10-03-2011, 12:46 PM   #100
Banana
Banned

I think the obvious explanation would be that it was in a glass vial so the kid smoking the cigarette with it in there wouldn't do anything since it was inside glass.

Old 10-03-2011, 01:07 PM   #101
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Oh, I guess I forgot it was in glass - I don't remember that. I thought it was just wrapped up or something, my bad.

Old 10-03-2011, 01:47 PM   #102
Netphorian Gadabout
The Broom of the System

I really didn't care for last nights episode. The whole how-the-kid-got-poisoned thing seemed ridiculous. If they go with any possibility any character floated, then its a ridiculous plot twist, which is not what Breaking Bad's about. Hopefully we get an explanation in the finale, and its some as-to-yet not thrown out there explanation.

Also, neither Walt nor Jesse acted at all within their character. I don't want to get into three pages about it, but no one's responses were at all in line with what we've been taught to believe they'd act like over 3++ seasons. And Gus magically knowing there was something up with the car also seems contrived, unless its explained better. For the first time in the history of the show, it felt like wild plot twists that seemed unlikely were thrown against the wall to see what sticks. If they come back in the finale and explain some things, well then ok, all is forgiven except Jesse's wildly out-of-character actions, but I have a bad feeling we're supposed to just accept all that at face value which is kinda

Old 10-03-2011, 04:22 PM   #103
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Did anyone official (doctor/nurse) even confirm he was poisoned? Don't you think the FBI and shit would be there if they suspected or confirmed ricin poisoning?

Old 10-03-2011, 05:07 PM   #104
killtrocity
Saturday Night Goth

As soon as Andrea said Brock had "gotten the flu" and was getting worse, I thought Gus had poisoned him...

the more I think about it though, I really think Walt might have done it... the ultimate result was to turn Jesse against Gus, and he is way too smart to try something stupid like this. Killing kids is what started all of this animosity... Gus knows it and Walt knows it. Jesse was already quite close to allowing Walt to die.

Scenario B, which at first seems flat out stupid: Walt poisoned Brock. Walt knows he can easily make it seem like Gus did it, thus turning Jesse back to his side. My reaction at first was that Walt could never poison a child and Jesse is jumping to stupid conclusions. Imagine when we learn that Walter is not only as cold and calculating as Gus, but now equally ruthless.

If Gus actually poisoned Brock I will be fairly disappointed in the writers for once. Walter is not a good man. He is a murderer.

Old 10-03-2011, 05:47 PM   #105
killtrocity
Saturday Night Goth

Gus did not know what the hell was going on with Brock. When Jesse confronts him, his eyes don't flutter like they always do when he's taken aback or confronted directly. Gus is genuinely in the dark. He figures Walt is behind it when he's in the garage.

Old 10-03-2011, 06:13 PM   #106
killtrocity
Saturday Night Goth

http://i52.tinypic.com/2lkbgnc.png

This plant is called "White Monkshood" and it's poisonous

Also, watch the scene where Huell pats down Jesse. He touches his breast pocket (the place where most people store their smokes) and then immediately goes into Jesse's pockets about 5 times and then PUTS SOMETHING IN HIS POCKET

Old 10-03-2011, 06:18 PM   #107
Order 66
Socialphobic

i dunno, i walked away from the episode thinking gus just showed a good poker face and he really did it. but if not then i guess brock just got into the poison by accident .

the only gripe i have is i think gus wouldve killed at least one of walt, jesse or hank by now. that would've fit his M.O. better.

Old 10-03-2011, 08:43 PM   #108
killtrocity
Saturday Night Goth

same dude, read this though:
http://blogs.amctv.com/breaking-bad/...s-gun-po-1.php

Old 10-03-2011, 09:26 PM   #109
Netphorian Gadabout
The Broom of the System

Whoa. Hugely informative, but I kinda wish I hadn't read that because if that theory is true (which seems likely) then I think the season finale just got spoiled for me.

Old 10-03-2011, 09:37 PM   #110
Eulogy
huh

I mean it makes plenty of sense. I had entertained the idea, then thought they wouldn't make Walt sink to that level yet, then thought maybe they would based on Gus maybe figuring something was up in the parking garage.... then figured i'd just roll with it and see what happened.

but the whole point of the show is to make us turn on walt. but this does seem a little early. although it might be kinda fun to have a whole season of a show with a main character that repulses us.

iiiii dunno.

Old 10-03-2011, 09:38 PM   #111
Banana
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by killtrocity View Post

What disappoints me with this is the what I like to call the Lost effect. It used to be the Matrix effect because the same thing happened with that but much more so with Lost than the Matrix so I now call it the Lost effect. Basically it's where a theory is presented that is good and actually is a good result of some shady things that lead to these theories when in fact when it's all said and down what actually happens is a very much weaker and incoherent idea in comparison to the theories.

I'll be extremely disappointed if Gus ended up poisoning the kid instead of Walt.

And if Walt did do it then I think it's clear that Jesse will then eventually find out and kill Walt in the final episode of the series next season as Jesse comes full circle as finally transforming in a quality person, in as much of a sense of that definition as it can be for someone who has killed and produced meth, by taking out Walt who will at that point become an out of control drug lord.

Old 10-03-2011, 10:00 PM   #112
Dead Frequency
Minion of Satan

Location: They don't know who did it, but they're looking for hardened criminals

Man, I started watching this show from season 1 last week and am currently mostly through with season 2. That being said this show seems to be terrible things piling up on terrible things. Jesus, crack a joke every once in a while. TALK ABOUT SOMBER

Old 10-03-2011, 10:02 PM   #113
Netphorian Gadabout
The Broom of the System

The funny thing about the whole Walts Gun is a Chekov's Gun idea, is I directly mentioned the idea of a Chekov's Gun last week on here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkins23836 View Post
I still think Jesse is poisoning someone to death before the end of the season. We haven't seen the lucky cigarette in a few episodes, which is just enough to make its reemergence "surprising." That thing is like the proverbial "gun in the first act," its a stone cold lock its fired by the middle of the third act.
...and I still completely missed the symbolism in the latest episode until killtrocity's link.

Old 10-03-2011, 10:04 PM   #114
Netphorian Gadabout
The Broom of the System

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulogy View Post
but the whole point of the show is to make us turn on walt. but this does seem a little early. although it might be kinda fun to have a whole season of a show with a main character that repulses us.
Walt hasn't started to repulse you by now? I've been there awhile.

Old 10-03-2011, 10:15 PM   #115
Banana
Banned

The only thing repulsive about Walt is that he hasn't gone about the route of completely screwing over Skyler. When she was fucking her boss he should have just started making cold hearted moves to take her out of the picture and set up son and daughter up for a financially safe life. Instead he kept her around and she fucked them over like that annoying character was destined to do. Otherwise Walt is just doing what anyone else would do in survival mode.

Old 10-03-2011, 10:36 PM   #116
killtrocity
Saturday Night Goth

Quote:
The funny thing about the whole Walts Gun is a Chekov's Gun idea, is I directly mentioned the idea of a Chekov's Gun last week on here...

...and I still completely missed the symbolism in the latest episode until killtrocity's link.
heh, I knew that concept sounded familiar. Nice call

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana View Post
What disappoints me with this is the what I like to call the Lost effect. It used to be the Matrix effect because the same thing happened with that but much more so with Lost than the Matrix so I now call it the Lost effect. Basically it's where a theory is presented that is good and actually is a good result of some shady things that lead to these theories when in fact when it's all said and down what actually happens is a very much weaker and incoherent idea in comparison to the theories.

I'll be extremely disappointed if Gus ended up poisoning the kid instead of Walt.

And if Walt did do it then I think it's clear that Jesse will then eventually find out and kill Walt in the final episode of the series next season as Jesse comes full circle as finally transforming in a quality person, in as much of a sense of that definition as it can be for someone who has killed and produced meth, by taking out Walt who will at that point become an out of control drug lord.
I actually agree with you, dude. And honestly I think Vince Gilligan is a better writer than Larry and Andy Wachowski (Revolutions was the most disappointing film I have ever seen)

Giancarlo Esposito's comments on the parking garage scene are very interesting:

Ambiguous so as not to give anything away, but he seems to suggest that Gus did not know anything about the poisoning.

Last edited by killtrocity : 10-03-2011 at 10:43 PM.

Old 10-03-2011, 10:38 PM   #117
Eulogy
huh

Quote:
Walt hasn't started to repulse you by now? I've been there awhile.
I mean I guess Jane and Gale's deaths were bad.... but I'm still mostly rooting for him to find a way out. And really, with Gale, he had no other option aside from being killed himself and I mean... y'know.

I think I'll end up having to jump ship pretty soon though.

Old 10-03-2011, 10:54 PM   #118
Order 66
Socialphobic

as low as walt's gone i don't think he's going to start poisoning kids or anything. he may even end up killing jesse but i think it will be out of necessity like with gale. the writers try to fuck with you but i don't think walt or jesse will ever be truly 'evil' at their core. that's just not a trigger i think they could pull

Old 10-03-2011, 10:55 PM   #119
Eulogy
huh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Order 66 View Post
as low as walt's gone i don't think he's going to start poisoning kids or anything. he may even end up killing jesse but i think it will be out of necessity like with gale. the writers try to fuck with you but i don't think walt or jesse will ever be truly 'evil' at their core. that's just not a trigger i think they could pull
the creator has already said that that's what's going to happen with walt

Old 10-03-2011, 10:58 PM   #120
Netphorian Gadabout
The Broom of the System

Quote:
Originally Posted by Order 66 View Post
he may even end up killing jesse but i think it will be out of necessity like with gale. the writers try to fuck with you but i don't think walt or jesse will ever be truly 'evil' at their core.
WUT? Have you even been watching this show?