Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Smashing Pumpkins Boards > Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08-18-2019, 01:12 PM   #3661
VoxUpDoc
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mals Marola View Post
i thought about asking Billy if something happened in New Orleans on the Monuments tour to make him both a) explicitly not give us any form of encore and b) exclude the city from both of these most recent tours, but i thought it'd probably be a bit easier on both of us if i just posed the question here & let one of you offer a pseudo-billy disgruntled response
“Ask the crowd, if you can shut them up first. New Orleans wants to hear SP they can go buy the hits cd.”

Old 08-18-2019, 02:04 PM   #3662
slayed23
Ownz

Quote:
i thought about asking Billy if something happened in New Orleans on the Monuments tour to make him both a) explicitly not give us any form of encore and b) exclude the city from both of these most recent tours, but i thought it'd probably be a bit easier on both of us if i just posed the question here & let one of you offer a pseudo-billy disgruntled response
I think I remember him saying for SAOSB that he played in every city that the sponsors were willing to let him. Surprising though that they got Omaha and Sioux Falls and not New Orleans or DC.

Old 08-18-2019, 05:36 PM   #3663
houseofglass11
Minion of Satan

Hi Billy, have you met the kettle yet?

Old 08-18-2019, 11:33 PM   #3664
fuzzyroes
Banned

For what it's worth, band message boards seem to be a thing of the past across the web.

Even on highly trafficked pages on Reddit, the conversations are always very basic and surface level. I remember in the early 00's every notable band had big message boards with all sorts of thoughtful, interesting dialogue. That fan interest and participation just doesn't exist any more.

Old 08-19-2019, 12:39 AM   #3665
Slurpee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
For what it's worth, band message boards seem to be a thing of the past across the web.

Even on highly trafficked pages on Reddit, the conversations are always very basic and surface level. I remember in the early 00's every notable band had big message boards with all sorts of thoughtful, interesting dialogue. That fan interest and participation just doesn't exist any more.
True, even the At Ease boards are slow these days, and hardcore Radiohead fans actually still enjoy the band's current output.

Old 08-19-2019, 12:40 AM   #3666
Slurpee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funbags View Post
I agree with Billy for once.
The weirdest thing is, not only do I agree with him about the forums' state now, but about their previous excellence.

Old 08-19-2019, 12:51 AM   #3667
enthusaroo
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slurpee View Post
True, even the At Ease boards are slow these days, and hardcore Radiohead fans actually still enjoy the band's current output.
"basic and surface level" pretty much describes reddit in every way possible.. it's very shallow, circle-jerky, and closed-minded regurgitated barf.

Old 08-19-2019, 09:20 AM   #3668
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by enthusaroo View Post
"basic and surface level" pretty much describes reddit in every way possible.. it's very shallow, circle-jerky, and closed-minded regurgitated barf.
It definitely is in regards to band pages. Every page is the same. "Check out my new shirt!", "Look what CD I happened to pick up", " My pic from last nights concert, I was so happy they played 1979" ETC. It's the same with every band.

The TV show sub-Reddits are usually good and there's some good political groups, but there's certainly a lot of shills and trolls roaming about.

Old 08-19-2019, 09:36 AM   #3669
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

one of the main problems with reddit is that every sub is just one big board of "blarf" over whatever the topic is, and none of the sub-sections that actually made "old school" boarding worth-while. imagine if netphoria was only the pumpkins forum (or rather, ask fuzzy about netphoria only being the pumpkins forum!)

Old 08-19-2019, 11:26 PM   #3670
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

please someone ask BC if he'd ever consider playing Glynis. It's a very poignant song with amazing lyrics that is always overlooked by practically everyone

Old 08-20-2019, 05:48 AM   #3671
bright_doom
Ownz

In my experience, band sub-reddits are 25% “saw x last night, here are some pics” 25% “check out this humorous meme based on x lyrics/puns” 25% “check out my album/poster/shirt etc collection” (which I personally don't mind/kind of like) and 25% news + interesting discussion.

But anyway, does anyone want to check out all my Deluxe Boxsets, 7" singles, posters, shirts etc that I've collected from the Teargarden By Kaleidyscope era?

Old 08-20-2019, 10:01 AM   #3672
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

teargarden by BURNleidyscope

Old 08-20-2019, 10:04 AM   #3673
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
please someone ask BC if he'd ever consider playing Glynis. It's a very poignant song with amazing lyrics that is always overlooked by practically everyone
something tells me it'll involve a cruise

until then i'd just enjoy that sweet, sweet (npi) No Alternative performance until the next Plainsong type tour

I dont need a wige or girl or whatever to feel good. I got my hand and my cock....do feel free to wank yours and after flooding the floor you feel no desire to meet a chick..... try it kids..... make em hard and feel free like u never did before
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catherine Wheel
Hey how are you? If she’s serious and not just playing just tell her to email me so I can touch base with her. My email is on the origin page

Old 08-20-2019, 10:44 AM   #3674
dustrocck
Demi-God

Quote:

Agreed. And i don't see my friends in person as much anymore who have the same taste in music as me.

Old 08-20-2019, 04:27 PM   #3675
johncg
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:

This thing called social media was invented.

Old 08-20-2019, 04:36 PM   #3676
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Location: Let me see you do the booty hop. And now make the booty stop. Now drop, and do the booty wop.
Question

I would ask you to expand on that comment a bit

Because I don't see direct interaction with the artist taking the place of the need for thoughtful discussion of their work among others, and I sure as shit don't see repectful, in-depth dialogue on Facebook or Twitter

In summary, unless zoomers are hosting group symposia on Snapchat and just not inviting me, I don't think I'm missing where the intelligent conversation has gone

Old 08-20-2019, 05:12 PM   #3677
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by topleybird View Post

Because I don't see direct interaction with the artist taking the place of the need for thoughtful discussion of their work among others, and I sure as shit don't see repectful, in-depth dialogue on Facebook or Twitter

In summary, unless zoomers are hosting group symposia on Snapchat and just not inviting me, I don't think I'm missing where the intelligent conversation has gone
It is odd how like 4 major conglomerates have swallowed up all of the dialogue across the internet. But like you say, it hasn't seemed to have crossed over in regards to music discussion. All of the Facebook groups I've seen have been total crap and Twitter is only really good for discussing current news. But yeah, it's kind of odd.

It's probably cause rock music isn't popular anymore. I wouldn't be surprised if the engagement we talk about is as strong as ever in regards to rap and other popular acts.

Old 08-20-2019, 05:20 PM   #3678
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

stuff like Facebook is way too formal to really take the place of actual message boards in the vein of Netpho. I say that as someone who routinely uses groups & shit, not at all the same. closest thing is I guess discord but that's a chat room, we've always had those. Reddit would be similar if not for the utterly unwelcoming interface & the fact that each sub is basically just one big hipinion-style freeforall for whatever subject it's dedicated to

i suppose this, among other things, is the reason we're still all here

Old 08-20-2019, 05:27 PM   #3679
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
stuff like Facebook is way too formal to really take the place of actual message boards in the vein of Netpho. I say that as someone who routinely uses groups & shit, not at all the same. closest thing is I guess discord but that's a chat room, we've always had those. Reddit would be similar if not for the utterly unwelcoming interface & the fact that each sub is basically just one big hipinion-style freeforall for whatever subject it's dedicated to

i suppose this, among other things, is the reason we're still all here
One of the problems with discussing music on Facebook is that it isn't an immersive experience. You can be scanning around band posts and then you get some annoying buddy messaging you, and then you're getting notifications and there's just so many other things going on. It's almost a form of overload in a lot of ways. And I think that's kind of why people still like boards in the vein of Netphoria

Old 08-20-2019, 05:34 PM   #3680
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

not to mention the fact we'd all be calling each other names like Alvin & Fred and not golden monikers like Fuzzy Roses or Cluffington

no thank you!

Old 08-20-2019, 05:39 PM   #3681
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
not to mention the fact we'd all be calling each other names like Alvin & Fred and not golden monikers like Fuzzy Roses or Cluffington

no thank you!
lol that too. No one wants to bust balls when it seems like you're dealing with a real person haha

Old 08-20-2019, 06:43 PM   #3682
Ram27
dumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by topleybird View Post

forums are invaluable yeah. i think i ruined my social development though growing up because my brain only knows how to "have conversations" with this style of format - long text posts and non-instant communication

Old 08-20-2019, 06:44 PM   #3683
Ram27
dumb

my username is my name ��

Old 08-20-2019, 06:50 PM   #3684
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

me too!

Old 08-21-2019, 01:01 AM   #3685
trev
charm

me too!

Old 08-21-2019, 08:23 AM   #3686
Zer0 Hour
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Only a shitbag like Billy could hate a city as amazing as New Orleans. He probably thinks that people who lost their homes in Katrina are parasites sucking at the government's teat or whatever.

Old 08-21-2019, 09:29 AM   #3687
New Art Rioter
Apocalyptic Poster

That #cronerock comment about Kim Gordon... jesus

For someone who supposedly doesn't like bullying, that is something else. The sexism aside, he's no spring chicken either!

Old 08-21-2019, 09:35 AM   #3688
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

wait what? what comment?

also, kim >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> b0llcorg

Old 08-21-2019, 09:59 AM   #3689
myosis
Minion of Satan

didn't see that but she called him a crybaby and you know how he reacts to public insults

Old 08-21-2019, 10:00 AM   #3690
myosis
Minion of Satan

she's known he was a crybaby since 1991, imagine that