Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Smashing Pumpkins Boards > Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 08-22-2019, 09:59 PM   #1
Tumora
Pledge

Default Smashing Pumpkins related California trip

Im planning on traveling to LA, Cali next week (coming from MA) to catch The Smashing Pumpkins play Irving on Thursday. Are there any other suggestions on things to check out? Even if it's not SP related, what do you suggest? Also, anyone know the address to where 1979 was shot? Or where they played the backyard show? I know both were located somewhere in Studio City...

Old 08-22-2019, 10:22 PM   #2
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

great thread! i anticipate lots of serious and helpful replies!

Old 08-22-2019, 10:34 PM   #3
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

look out for ice cream trucks & pretend they are the ones that "Today" was shot in

also be sure to get to the gig early so you can ask Sir Master Bates if he wants to grab a drink after the show with you, you can confirm/deny our sweet suspicions!

Old 08-23-2019, 12:29 AM   #4
Raskolnikov
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumora View Post
Im planning on traveling to LA, Cali next week (coming from MA) to catch The Smashing Pumpkins play Irving on Thursday. Are there any other suggestions on things to check out? Even if it's not SP related, what do you suggest? Also, anyone know the address to where 1979 was shot? Or where they played the backyard show? I know both were located somewhere in Studio City...
I grew up in Irvine - it's really a pretty dang boring, suburbia town. Where are you going to stay while you're down there? I would normally be all for the Irvine show (parents live like 4 miles from that venue) but since it's on a weeknight we're gonna hit the San Francisco show instead. Haven't been to this venue, it's pretty new after they bulldozed a legendary old outdoor venue (to build beige condos... see: Irvine).

There was somebody here who was tracking down those places by address VERY obsessively. Finding spots in all sorts of videos, etc. Maybe he'll swing by and see this one on the 1979 deal.

Old 08-23-2019, 12:33 AM   #5
Tumora
Pledge

Quote:
I grew up in Irvine - it's really a pretty dang boring, suburbia town. Where are you going to stay while you're down there?
Ill be staying in LA

Old 08-23-2019, 09:25 AM   #6
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Location: Let me see you do the booty hop. And now make the booty stop. Now drop, and do the booty wop.
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raskolnikov View Post
There was somebody here who was tracking down those places by address VERY obsessively.
MonumentsRocks, yeah