Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > Music News and Discussion
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03-31-2021, 05:45 PM   #61
slunken
Virgo

imagine charging a friend of yours for a digital download. imagine thinking someone who paid for a digital download is your friend lmao

Old 03-31-2021, 05:50 PM   #62
Greatvegetable
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by slunken View Post
imagine charging a friend of yours for a digital download. imagine thinking someone who paid for a digital download is your friend lmao
He bought the CD's, you utter fuckpig. And I have plenty of real life friends, some of who don't get their kicks from being cunts on the forum of a washed up 90s band.

Old 03-31-2021, 06:05 PM   #63
Greatvegetable
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by incubator View Post
I don’t know greatvegetable but he posted his band and I listened to it and liked it so bought the cd big deal. Listen to music and buy records
I genuinely appreciate that. If there were more people (by a magnitude of thousands) like you, the music industry for artists making genuinely heartfelt 'alternative' music wouldn't be in the gutter.

Me, and lots of my very talented friends (that's not to say I'm very talented) are thousands or 10s of thousands of pounds in debt because music that can't be done on protools at home costs shitloads to make and Spotify pays 0.06p per stream. That means a million streams generates £600, and not many are getting a million streams even in years.

Old 03-31-2021, 07:03 PM   #64
AveryLoren
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatvegetable View Post
Actually 11 years old with 2140 likes. Still pretty pathetic, but then again, so is the musical climate of the last 10 years, this is why I have no shame in admitting that I've sold 10s of copies of my music.

Anyway, why should I give a flying fuck what people whose prime objective in life is to post more than others on a 90s band's forum think about my music. Especially if they're judging me off a four minute single.

Try Try Try etc etc.

Listen to the album, 'New Waves of Hope', that it came from, you utter fuckpig (not you, the first prick who posted about it, whose name I won't deign to look up) www.themicrodance.bandcamp.com

Also, if you want reviews beyond 'this is pretty good', go here: www.themicrodance.com/press

Is it any wonder the musical landscape has gone to utter ratshit, with cunts more inclined to dis other's music without giving it a chance because they've got a perception that trying to upset people online is a fucking achievement (trying being the operative word) rather than listen to it, in case it might be good.
I somehow missed that this was actually your band. New Waves of Hope is legit a really good album, so far, I'm on track six. My bullshit aside you deserve more recognition. Mudlark is supremely beautiful. Mi Perro Blanco blew my socks off. Really, this stuff is incredible.

Old 03-31-2021, 07:20 PM   #65
Greatvegetable
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by AveryLoren View Post
I somehow missed that this was actually your band. New Waves of Hope is legit a really good album, so far, I'm on track six. My bullshit aside you deserve more recognition. Mudlark is supremely beautiful. Mi Perro Blanco blew my socks off. Really, this stuff is incredible.
Genuinely, thank you so much!

Old 03-31-2021, 07:25 PM   #66
Greatvegetable
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram27 View Post
yeah i am being a massive fucking cunt
Not if you're Bandcamp username is anything to go by. If it is, thank you muchly!

Old 04-01-2021, 04:27 AM   #67
incubator
Ownz

Oh wow this is incredible too

Old 04-01-2021, 05:34 AM   #68
eviltimeban
Ownz

Nothing against musicians pimping their own material (I release music too) but perhaps pimp it on this thread where it belongs: http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?t=168713

Respectfully.

Old 04-01-2021, 06:03 AM   #69
Greatvegetable
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by AveryLoren View Post
I feel like the music industry more than ever is based on everything but the musician. A mediocre track will have eight writers and sound just like a million other bedroom artists. They get massive support because of the culture and the cult of celebrity. The 90's really were the last bastion of hope, though.

I co-wrote a track for a young rapper here in my city that went viral with over 8m plays on Spotify in a single year and it only generated $23k. To put that in terms I can comprehend my band sold 11,000 CDs from summer 04 to winter 06 and generated just under $90k.
Nice one on the 8m plays! Perhaps my listeners are non paying because 8m plays would generate something like £4,800 for me!

Old 04-01-2021, 06:17 AM   #70
incubator
Ownz

Luckily I never had the drive or talent to really go for it so ended up having a lucrative career in something boring. It's a little disheartening to shit out some punk rock and be met with "that's errr nice..?" so must be real shit to walk the walk, put in the effort and make something legit only to be met with the same sort of thing so come on guys BUY CYR

Old 04-01-2021, 07:46 AM   #71
Greatvegetable
Ownz

Quote:
Luckily I never had the drive or talent to really go for it so ended up having a lucrative career in something boring. It's a little disheartening to shit out some punk rock and be met with "that's errr nice..?" so must be real shit to walk the walk, put in the effort and make something legit only to be met with the same sort of thing so come on guys BUY CYR
The wonderful comments, pretty much unanimous 5* reviews and people going in to great detail about what they love about the music (which is a damn site better than 'man I really like this') are really lovely, but 30 people buying an album is six months and getting 8 Spotify listeners a day is fucking demoralising.

Especially when you're making music with a subject matter of years of tribulation that most people wouldn't experience a day of, demoing each song 20 times, writing a rewriting parts 100 times and spending hours getting tones, effects etc just right. And then you've got a load of people speaking like The Strokes or Royal Blood or worse still, Catfish and the Bottlemen or Franz Ferdinand are the fucking Holy Grail!

Old 04-01-2021, 12:21 PM   #72
Greatvegetable
Ownz

Default Rotten Vegetables & Microcunts

Here they are not layered. Inferior, innit.

https://youtu.be/bJUut-Z20Jk

Old 04-01-2021, 01:24 PM   #73
RAWK
Pledge

The Killers did synths right for their first 2 records, then they shit the bed.

Old 04-01-2021, 01:30 PM   #74
Joey Goldberg
Apocalyptic Poster

Location: in the line for drinks (or is it just tickets to buy the drinks?)
Default Rotten Vegetables & Microcunts

seems like two unrelated incidents to me

Old 04-01-2021, 02:23 PM   #75
Greatvegetable
Ownz

Anywat, back on topic, The Microdance.

I do synths pretty well with that band.

https://themicrodance.bandcamp.com/t...-yo-yo-26-2013

Old 04-01-2021, 02:34 PM   #76
thedeadofnight
Ownz

Quote:
Anywat, back on topic, The Microdance.

I do synths pretty well with that band.

https://themicrodance.bandcamp.com/t...-yo-yo-26-2013
Did micronedance do did that he had unfortunate right to design and the letter haha it made for one was all it could half of that one and then other one after?

Old 04-01-2021, 02:49 PM   #77
Greatvegetable
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedeadofnight View Post
Did micronedance do did that he had unfortunate right to design and the letter haha it made for one was all it could half of that one and then other one after?
Exactly!

Old 04-01-2021, 07:07 PM   #78
thedeadofnight
Ownz

My Crow Dance.

Old 04-01-2021, 08:34 PM   #79
Greatvegetable
Ownz

I am delighted that your username was inspired by the lyrics in one of my songs.

https://themicrodance.bandcamp.com/track/slanted-jessie

'In the dead of night, we'll just fight anything. It's not real, it's not right'

This song is from 'New Waves of Hope' featuring Nicole Fiorentino on backing vocals. New Waves of Hope can be bought as part of our 'Pre Our Love Noire Discography' - 48 songs for £10. You can also grab last year's 'Our Love Noire' over at www.themicrodance.bandcamp.com

All purchases come with a copy of my side project's EP: http://WWW.CAPTAINKEEVILLANDHISDARKE...S.BANDCAMP.COM

Anything pre 'New Waves of Hope' isn't on Spotify. While I'd prefer if you bought my music, you streaming it would also be greatly appreciated.

Please let me know if you're interested in hearing my secret black metal side project.

Thank you kindly in advance and for your continued support.

Old 04-01-2021, 09:26 PM   #80
slunken
Virgo

we are truly living in a world of clowns

Old 04-01-2021, 09:43 PM   #81
T&T
Socialphobic

Quote:
I am delighted that your username was inspired by the lyrics in one of my songs.

'In the dead of night, we'll just fight anything. It's not real, it's not right'

This song is from 'New Waves of Hope' featuring Nicole Fiorentino on backing vocals. New Waves of Hope can be bought as part of our 'Pre Our Love Noire Discography' - 48 songs for £10. You can also grab last year's 'Our Love Noire' over at www.themicrodance.bandcamp.com

All purchases come with a copy of my side project's EP: http://WWW.CAPTAINKEEVILLANDHISDARKE...S.BANDCAMP.COM

Anything pre 'New Waves of Hope' isn't on Spotify. While I'd prefer if you bought my music, you streaming it would also be greatly appreciated.

Please let me know if you're interested in hearing my secret black metal side project.

can you please go self-promote elsewhere?

Old 04-01-2021, 09:54 PM   #82
jakobtheliar
Demi-God

Clowns in my shower

Old 04-02-2021, 04:28 AM   #83
Greatvegetable
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by T&T View Post
can you please go self-promote elsewhere?
Sorry, I'll leave it to just promoting The Microdance. The black metal one pushed it a bit.

Old 04-02-2021, 05:29 AM   #84
thedeadofnight
Ownz

Quote:

Cringe.

Old 04-02-2021, 07:23 AM   #85
Greatvegetable
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedeadofnight View Post
Cringe.
Some people just can't read the room.

Old 04-02-2021, 08:48 AM   #86
Greatvegetable
Ownz

Quote:
he called her a dyke and said all gays should die.

but seriously: he asked her to keep her personal life private and away from the public eye, he did not want people to find out that SP had a gay member.

billy can truly be disgusting sometimes.
I'm going to skip this opportunity to promote my band, but Nicole sung on my album, she's a friend and I can tell you that all of this speculation is utter nonsense.

Of course there is a reason, but it's not this.

Old 04-02-2021, 09:32 AM   #87
T&T
Socialphobic

Quote:
Some people just can't read the room.
please read the room and take NON-SP stuff to the genboard

Old 04-02-2021, 09:41 AM   #88
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Lightbulb

Quote:
Of course there is a reason, but it's not this.
do tell

Old 04-02-2021, 10:32 AM   #89
Greatvegetable
Ownz

Quote:
please read the room and take NON-SP stuff to the genboard
Nicole sang on my album, so it's about as relevant as The Cold and Lovely. Anyway, this place needs an injection of decent music.

Old 04-02-2021, 10:35 AM   #90
Greatvegetable
Ownz

Quote:
I don't recall him ever saying anything about her sexuality. It seemed more like he wasn't happy with Nicole using her position in SP to promote her work with The Microdance + The Cold and Lovely.

After firing Mike & Nicole he said he wasn't happy with the vibe and "nicey niceness", and also something that indicated he'd been reading too many books by startup CEOs. Almost a direct quote from "The Lean Startup" by Eric Reis about their next steps being a huge step up and him having to decide who to take with him, who to leave behind, who he wants representing and having ownership of the brand blah blah.
To be fair, she sang on my album after she left SP, it was only a few days in the studio as well... Although, that'd probably be enough to piss CRØGĄN off enough to sack someone.