Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Smashing Pumpkins Boards > Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2021, 07:03 AM   #1
Spaldz
Apocalyptic Poster

Default 2018-10-18 - Unipol Arena, Casalecchio di Reno, Bologna, Italy (Multi-cam Edit)

Latest release. 2 hours 25 minutes of the show. Having to edit Space Oddity, Stairway to Heaven and Baby Mine was one of my least favourite experiences

https://youtu.be/OvRa7WTTPOk

Quote:
Smashing Pumpkins
Live at the Unipol Arena, Caselecchio di Reno, Bologna, Italy
2018-10-18

Set:

Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness
Disarm
Rocket
Siva
Rhinoceros
Space Oddity [Bowie]
Drown
Zero
The Everlasting Gaze
Stand Inside Your Love
Thirty-three
Eye
Soma
Blew Away
For Martha
To Sheila
Mayonaise
Porcelina of the Vast Oceans
Landslide [Nicks]
Tonight, Tonight
Stairway to Heaven [Led Zeppelin]
Cherub Rock
Ava Adore
Try, Try, Try
The Beginning is the End is the Beginning
*Hummer
Today
Bullet with Butterfly Wings
Muzzle

Encore

Silvery Sometimes (Ghosts)
Baby Mine [Noyes]

Notes:
- This is a mix of known video footage with the aim of archiving a piece of Smashing Pumpkins history. Plus, piecing it all together gave me something to do. Hopefully others enjoy it as well!
- No single audience audio recording exists of the show (FLAC/SHN). Therefore audio is selected from the video sources available. I've tried to pick what's best from a mix perspective.
- Minor cuts between songs. I can only give you what i have available so there may be some show banter lost in the ether
- Only one complete audio source for Drown, Cherub Rock and Muzzle. Therefore, may be a slight dip in quality of audio compared to when I had a range of sources available for a song
- Only one partial source of Siva and The Beginning is the End is the Beginning available
- Only one complete audio/video source for Rhinoceros and Baby Mine
- Slight audio skip during Eye and some minor sync issues caused by this. However, I felt the audio was still the best source overall to use for the song
- No decent audio available for Ava Adore. Either too much bass or too much crowd singing
- Landslide with Amalie Bruun (Myrkur) on vocals
- Multi-cam video created by Spaldz. Thankyou to all the original recorders who attended the show

* I couldn't source a video of Hummer so it isn't included. Hit me up if you have one! (Amazing that with so many of the audience filming the show nothing has surfaced!)

If you have any uncirculated footage or shows of the Smashing Pumpkins, Billy Corgan or Zwan then get in touch (spaldzandthecats @ hotmail dot com)

Old 03-27-2021, 12:29 PM   #2
T&T
Socialphobic

Thanks.

Old 03-27-2021, 01:00 PM   #3
NickS
Pledge

These edits seem like a ton of work. Thank you for putting it together

Old 03-27-2021, 02:58 PM   #4
Ram27
dumb

how do people edit these? i imagine [at least for my sanity] it would be like setting up a master timeline of all the videos anchored to the right times, then just watching through live and cutting live

but i am too lazy to learn editing software any deeper than i did when i was 10

Old 03-27-2021, 03:28 PM   #5
slunken
Virgo

2018? nah

Old 03-27-2021, 05:01 PM   #6
Spaldz
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram27 View Post
how do people edit these? i imagine [at least for my sanity] it would be like setting up a master timeline of all the videos anchored to the right times, then just watching through live and cutting live

but i am too lazy to learn editing software any deeper than i did when i was 10
That's pretty much it yeah! This one took a solid week to make. I only started learning how to edit videos during 2020 when we ended up being locked down in the UK and made a few documentaries on speedrun gaming history. As I was taking a break from those and have got back into the Pumpkins I thought I'd start making some of these videos.

Most timeconsuming thing for me is finding the video sources and ones with decent audio. Then you're right it's listening to the sources to identify which audio you want and then identifying which video sources to use. Then anchoring them and beginning the edit.

Doing the KOKO London show was slightly easier from an audio perspective as there was a full audience audio recording available. However, I thought it was important to do shows without a full audio source as well as they're more likely to be lost to history.

This show was a pain to edit as my laptop was almost dying under the higher quality video. I've purchased a new laptop designed for this sort of work for future videos which arrived today.

If anyone has got any specific shows they want me to look into making these for then let me know. I don't really have too much of a preference!

Old 03-27-2021, 05:05 PM   #7
Spaldz
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by slunken View Post
2018? nah
I was amazed at how many outfits Billy actually wears for this show. I really didn't understand the huge hat during For Martha or anything about what was going on during Space Oddity. At the London show I made a run for it before Baby Mine to get back on the tube as I knew what to expect. Most of the audience had no idea what they were about to experience

Old 03-27-2021, 05:56 PM   #8
houseofglass11
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by slunken View Post
2018? nah
I said the same thing.

Old 03-28-2021, 04:23 AM   #9
jimmy drevpile
Apocalyptic Poster

Thanks for this..good stuff.

Old 03-28-2021, 07:46 AM   #10
TheAlter
Apocalyptic Poster

Thanks for the excellent job!

Last edited by TheAlter : 03-28-2021 at 06:54 PM.