Old 02-05-2015, 01:11 AM   #33
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

water. i drink lotsa water

Old 02-05-2015, 01:16 AM   #34
toase
Apocalyptic Poster

Maybe I can walk on wine, never tried that trick...

Old 02-05-2015, 01:37 AM   #35
Sonic Johnny
Through Silver In Buds

that would be a pretty impractical superpower

Old 02-05-2015, 01:53 AM   #36
washer
Pledge

ginger lemon hot tea

made with fresh ginger and lemon, not a tea bag

Old 02-05-2015, 02:28 AM   #37
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

almond milk

Old 02-05-2015, 02:33 AM   #38
Sonic Johnny
Through Silver In Buds

milk comes out of animals, dummy.

p sure it must be almond juice.

Old 02-05-2015, 02:40 AM   #39
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

About to have a milo.

New Zealanders and Samoans and especially Samoans living in New Zealand, pretty much get all their liquid intake from hot drinks.

We're not too choosy, either. My Samoan Nana always offered a "Cuppa tea milo", as in "You wanna cuppa tea milo?", where you had no idea what you were getting, but you knew it would be hot. It could have been instant coffee, but she omitted that from her neolexia for some reason. "Cuppa tea milo" just meant hot drink of her choosing.

Old 02-05-2015, 02:44 AM   #40
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Johnny View Post
milk comes out of animals, dummy.

p sure it must be almond juice.
but it resembles milk and you can almost fool yourself that it is milk after a while.

i miss milk

Old 02-05-2015, 12:15 PM   #41
yo soy el mejor
Just Hook it to My Veins!

SANPELLEGRINO ARANCIATA ROSSA

Old 02-05-2015, 01:23 PM   #42
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

I have a new appreciation for Cognac. it's low enough in alcohol that sipping it doesn't get me wrecked the way Scotch does

Old 02-05-2015, 02:21 PM   #43
yo soy el mejor

milk.

Old 02-05-2015, 02:29 PM   #44
washer
Pledge

del

Old 02-05-2015, 02:30 PM   #45
washer
Pledge

-ICIOUS MILK!

Old 02-05-2015, 02:35 PM   #46
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Location: "I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
but it resembles milk and you can almost fool yourself that it is milk after a while.

i miss milk

what? no.

There is no substitute for milk. None. Soy, rice, almond, what have you. WIth the proper amount of sugar in each they can be alright but there is nothing that comes close in any of these to actual milk. I know some people put this shit in their cereal but they are insane or are trying to convince themselves it's good.

Old 02-05-2015, 02:38 PM   #47
killtrocity
Saturday Night Goth

liquid ass

Old 02-05-2015, 02:40 PM   #48
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Location: "I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands..."

I prefer it in solid form.

Old 02-05-2015, 02:59 PM   #49
toase
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by The exploding boy View Post
what? no.

There is no substitute for milk. None. Soy, rice, almond, what have you. WIth the proper amount of sugar in each they can be alright but there is nothing that comes close in any of these to actual milk. I know some people put this shit in their cereal but they are insane or are trying to convince themselves it's good.
tell that to my intestine enzymes

Old 02-05-2015, 03:08 PM   #50
washer
Pledge

Quote:
what? no.

"you better put some water on that damn shit"

Old 02-05-2015, 04:04 PM   #51
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by toase View Post
tell that to my intestine enzymes
I know but i guess what i don't get is why when people cant have something, they feel they have to try to replace it with the closest substitute they can find. Its like fake meat Why not just NOT have anything supposed to imitate meat?

Like well i want to give up beef but i cant give up burgers, i guess ill just have fake burgers. WHY HAVE BURGERS AT ALL?You give up meat? You give up burgers! Or ham sandwiches. Or turkey roast. There's plenty of other things to eat. To me all it says is you kinda really wish you could just still eat meat and in fact might if no one is looking.(That being said fake chicken nuggets are about as good as real chicken nuggets but....lets face it, the chicken claim in chicken nuggets was always dubious at best.)

I realise in your case its different, you didn't give up milk by choice but...they do make milk for lactose intolerant people anyway don't they? I think I had it and it was pretty alright.

I mean, i've had almond milk occasionally and stuff. It's alright. But at no point am i thinking "this is a milk substitute". Pretty much the first, and hopefully ONLY time you try to put it in cereal you realise it's lacking in all sort of ways and is nowhere close to milk. EVEN the skimmed kind. And that's not mentioning fake yogurt or ice cream... I have issue with dairy substitutes obviously. Too many people tried to tell me it was really as good as milk.

Old 02-05-2015, 04:15 PM   #52
hnibos
Braindead

Why would something so trivial that has no effect on you at all bother you so much? It's like you're looking for reasons to be upset. Do you like being upset?

Old 02-05-2015, 04:33 PM   #53
washer
Pledge

"the exploding boy"

Old 02-05-2015, 04:38 PM   #54
yo soy el mejor

i eat "fake burgers" at times. but i also eat meat. i just like the taste of some "fake burgers".

if i want to heat up a burger in a toaster oven cause i'm too lazy to make one, i'd rather a "fake" one to those rock hard meat cylinders that come in a frozen pile and have around 23 grams of fat and tons of sodium per patty.

Old 02-05-2015, 04:40 PM   #55
Elvis The Fat Years
007 373 5963

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor View Post
rock hard meat

http://i.imgur.com/2u7IshU.jpg

Old 02-05-2015, 04:43 PM   #56
yo soy el mejor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnibos View Post
Why would something so trivial that has no effect on you at all bother you so much? It's like you're looking for reasons to be upset. Do you like being upset?
seriously. it's like the rights of others to eat what they want seriously bewilder the boy.

Old 02-05-2015, 04:43 PM   #57
yo soy el mejor

HI TIM!

Old 02-05-2015, 05:36 PM   #58
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Yes i do get upset at stupid shit all the time. And i think i like it in fact.

I don't know, i like to judge people. It helps me make me feel better about myself and my terribly lacking life.

Thank you Yo soy for calling me a boy. At my age it is very important to me to still be able to believe i'm young. Even if you CLEARLY mean i'm a boy mentally. I'll still take it. I never wanted to be a man. It's a life full of responsibilities and shit. I'm terrible at those.

Old 02-05-2015, 07:13 PM   #59
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
I know but i guess what i don't get is why when people cant have something, they feel they have to try to replace it with the closest substitute they can find. Its like fake meat Why not just NOT have anything supposed to imitate meat?

Like well i want to give up beef but i cant give up burgers, i guess ill just have fake burgers. WHY HAVE BURGERS AT ALL?You give up meat? You give up burgers! Or ham sandwiches. Or turkey roast. There's plenty of other things to eat. To me all it says is you kinda really wish you could just still eat meat and in fact might if no one is looking.(That being said fake chicken nuggets are about as good as real chicken nuggets but....lets face it, the chicken claim in chicken nuggets was always dubious at best.)

I realise in your case its different, you didn't give up milk by choice but...they do make milk for lactose intolerant people anyway don't they? I think I had it and it was pretty alright.

I mean, i've had almond milk occasionally and stuff. It's alright. But at no point am i thinking "this is a milk substitute". Pretty much the first, and hopefully ONLY time you try to put it in cereal you realise it's lacking in all sort of ways and is nowhere close to milk. EVEN the skimmed kind. And that's not mentioning fake yogurt or ice cream... I have issue with dairy substitutes obviously. Too many people tried to tell me it was really as good as milk.
Some people want to give up meat for ethical reasons but still like the taste of meat. Thus the substitutes. I eat meat regularly but, like yo soy, I like some of the meat alternative products as well.

I drink regular unsweetened almond milk and of course it doesn't really taste like milk but it is close enough for my brain to be satisfied when I put it in cereal or even drink it straight up.

Old 02-05-2015, 08:00 PM   #60
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

SO WRONG.

Every time you drink that almond milk, think of me judging you.