Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07-08-2007, 12:06 PM   #1
buttercup
Demi-God

Default I wonder if....

Zeitgeist would have gotten better reviews had Jimmy/Billy not posted all of those pretentious love letters.

Saying things such as "crush you into the dust with metal" and "Music that comes from a place so pure it will burn the lies off the very souls of those who try to discount it", are very strong claims to live up to. Not to mention they sound ridiculous. They should just shut up and make music.

What do you think?

Old 07-08-2007, 12:10 PM   #2
SpFission
Apocalyptic Poster

They mostly gave MSOTS great reviews, yet Zeitgeist somehow gets the shaft. And then you got jokers on this board saying it's worse than Machina, which is just an abomination.

Old 07-08-2007, 12:20 PM   #3
Chuck=Zero
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by buttercup
Zeitgeist would have gotten better reviews had Jimmy/Billy not posted all of those pretentious love letters.

Saying things such as "crush you into the dust with metal" and "Music that comes from a place so pure it will burn the lies off the very souls of those who try to discount it", are very strong claims to live up to. Not to mention they sound ridiculous. They should just shut up and make music.

What do you think?
Lol, it is ridiculous, but also creative "Burn the lies off your soul!" It's not as bad as the hype surrounding MACHINA's release back in '00, when someone working in the studio with the band, I think it might've been Flood, proclaimed it to be somethin' like "one of the greatest fuckin' rock albums ever!"

Old 07-08-2007, 12:45 PM   #4
buttercup
Demi-God

I also remember just before MSOTS was released, Jimmy said something like "we're getting ready for another world domination".

Yeah, that happened.

Old 07-08-2007, 12:50 PM   #5
paranoid
Minion of Satan

I had a feeling that once zeitgeist came out the majority of people here would be jumping on the "oh i actually like machina" bandwagon.

probably part of billy's evil plan to get people to like that record once and for all.

Old 07-08-2007, 09:00 PM   #6
buttercup
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoid
I had a feeling that once zeitgeist came out the majority of people here would be jumping on the "oh i actually like machina" bandwagon.

probably part of billy's evil plan to get people to like that record once and for all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by **********
anyone else listen to Machina lately and think...
"Hey, this isn't that bad...." especially in comparison to Zeitgeist? This is the first time I've listened to Machina since maybe 2001 I assume. Its pretty bad to get nostalgic over Machina
Looks like the evil plan is working!

Old 07-08-2007, 09:05 PM   #7
smashkin33
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by buttercup

What do you think?
I think that people outside of the sp online community didn't read/pay attention to those love letters. So i really doubt it made a difference either way. Everybody else is just excited about the Police & Genesis reunions, sometimes timing is everything.

Old 07-08-2007, 09:33 PM   #8
i_adore_adore
Apocalyptic Poster

No, people just generally hate Billy Corgan.