Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > Music News and Discussion
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 12-14-2014, 07:57 PM   #901
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Location: "I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands..."

shaddup

Old 12-15-2014, 12:56 PM   #902
bye june
Ownz

Last edited by bye june : 06-03-2023 at 05:18 PM.

Old 12-15-2014, 06:42 PM   #903
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

dr dog is rad tripping daisy is like SO NOT

Old 12-15-2014, 10:10 PM   #904
washer
Pledge

Last edited by washer : 01-29-2015 at 04:52 PM.

Old 12-16-2014, 12:46 AM   #905
bye june
Ownz

Last edited by bye june : 06-03-2023 at 05:19 PM.

Old 12-16-2014, 05:42 AM   #906
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The exploding boy View Post
havent heard of that band in a long time. It was totally weird how they reached nearly beatlemania level here in Quebec. Well not quite ok but yeah for like a second they were stupidly huge here. I remember musiqueplus gave them a special when they came and like there were screaming girls asking for autographs....it was like being big in japan.
heh crazy. I was looking thru an old Edgefest 98 tour program and Tripping Daisy was featured and the only show that they were playing at was in Montreal. Guess the promoter got on em board for that reason alone. All of the other acts were playing several shows, if not all on the tour.

Old 12-16-2014, 05:45 AM   #907
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by soniclovenoize View Post
It was actually the singer, the bassist and their original drummer, so pretty much the core of Tripping Daisy turned into the Polyphonic Spree.

Check out their last album Jesus Hits Like The Atom Bomb, which was a complete commercial failure and got them dropped from their label. It is fucking great.
Yeah, didn't they end Tripping Daisy because one of the members died or something?

Jesus hits like an atom bomb is fantastic though. About the movies is still one of my favorite songs. Polyphonic Spree actually dusts that track off at rare times to perform live

Old 12-16-2014, 05:48 AM   #908
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotskilicious View Post
Yeah Trots, we all know that you don't think it's cool to like any of the bands that were big in the mainstream during the 90's.

Old 12-16-2014, 11:02 AM   #909
soniclovenoize
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotskilicious View Post
Hey shithead what'd you think of B Room?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
Yeah, didn't they end Tripping Daisy because one of the members died or something?

Jesus hits like an atom bomb is fantastic though. About the movies is still one of my favorite songs. Polyphonic Spree actually dusts that track off at rare times to perform live
Yeah, he ODd the summer I discovered them. ;_;

I just saw Polyphonic Spree a few months ago, and they opened with the song "Tragiverse" from the last Tripping Daisy album (which is also excellent, a slightly more bare-bones version of Jesus Hits), one of my personal favorites. I was fucking freaking out!

Old 12-17-2014, 06:27 PM   #910
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

are one of you in here named elena?

Old 12-17-2014, 07:47 PM   #911
Dogfighter28
ILL KILL UR DOG

Old 12-17-2014, 07:55 PM   #912
soniclovenoize
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogfighter28 View Post
That's a cute song.

Old 12-17-2014, 08:02 PM   #913
soniclovenoize
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mals Marola View Post
wow, i've never even seen that before

just watched the ehx video for it on their site, sounds pretty damn amazing as well

in any case, a rough mix of a song that's goin on an ep we're finally going to be able to finish, after finally getting the required stems and whatnot we'd recorded at someone's studio this summer... been a completely overdrawn process for the most part but at least we're able to get it done now

already realize there's "too much bass" and whatnot but any other criticisms/suggestions on or for the actual mix as it is so far are appreciated
I liked the funky bass here, and there was this fill the drummer did early on with like a random block or chime or something else unexpected just thrown in. Loved that.

Old 12-17-2014, 10:04 PM   #914
slunken
Virgo

i just wanna get in my car and use the credit card

Old 12-17-2014, 10:10 PM   #915
soniclovenoize
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The exploding boy View Post
Latest track. Well..recorded this last winter actually...but only now finally added a proper drum track to it. Which caused a bit of timing issues, the basic beat i had on it before wasn't 100% steady and you can sorta tell now that i put a steady one over, not all instruments are exactly on the beat.... Oh well. And yes it sounds just the fuck like you know who, more than anything i have posted so far... but when i started this song my idea was actually Sugarcubes Birthday. Of course since Birthday already kinda sounds like a cure song, i ended up just writing a cure song instead by mistake and ended nowhere near Birthday.... well i gotta get it out of my system someday...

Again this is meant to have vocals. But the girl on the picture is back in philly with my microphone...
This is alright, but it needs vocals for sure. Also not much of a fan of the fake drums, but to each his own.

Old 12-17-2014, 10:31 PM   #916
Elphenor
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mals Marola View Post
wow, i've never even seen that before

just watched the ehx video for it on their site, sounds pretty damn amazing as well

in any case, a rough mix of a song that's goin on an ep we're finally going to be able to finish, after finally getting the required stems and whatnot we'd recorded at someone's studio this summer... been a completely overdrawn process for the most part but at least we're able to get it done now

already realize there's "too much bass" and whatnot but any other criticisms/suggestions on or for the actual mix as it is so far are appreciated
This is pretty awesome, sounds almost like Radiohead to me

Old 12-18-2014, 03:46 AM   #917
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Location: "I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by soniclovenoize View Post
This is alright, but it needs vocals for sure. Also not much of a fan of the fake drums, but to each his own.
They sound pretty real to me..i did give them a big 80s reverb though.Which probably makes them sound a bit more fake. Essentially they're real drum samples though. I mean i think we're pretty far from a beatbox still..

I don't play drums anyway and i'm not exactly at a stage to find a drummer so...itll be this way until maybe someday we play live.

Old 01-08-2015, 10:44 PM   #918
JoaoMiguel
Demi-God

Smile Plucking Wings

Hey guys,

Pumpkins (the 90's version) has always been a big inspiration for me and I would love if you could check my new band "Plucking Wings".

https://soundcloud.com/pluckingwings

Would love some honest feedback, btw!

Cheers,

J.Miguel

Old 01-08-2015, 11:02 PM   #919
sppunk
Netphoria's George Will

We have an entire thread for this.

Old 01-08-2015, 11:22 PM   #920
JoaoMiguel
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by sppunk View Post
We have an entire thread for this.
My bad! Thanks for moving (and not deleting) the topic for me.
Cheers!

Old 01-08-2015, 11:30 PM   #921
sppunk
Netphoria's George Will

No worries.

Old 01-17-2015, 02:21 PM   #922
slunken
Virgo

new long drone with a handful of movements

Old 01-17-2015, 08:25 PM   #923
soniclovenoize
Minion of Satan

That was kinda cool.

Old 01-17-2015, 08:37 PM   #924
noyen
Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by noyen View Post

this is a sort of half done thing before vocals, drums and some guitar noise go in for fun cover of mogwai. i've been recording a drone shoegazey ambient noisey sort of dark record for the past 2 years.
*cough

Old 01-17-2015, 08:39 PM   #925
slunken
Virgo

thanks.

i hope it goes without saying but since this is netphoria i want to point out that if its coming out of your laptop speakers you're only getting about 1/4 of the actual information being transmitted.

headphones recommended, good speakers encouraged. real heads know.

Old 01-17-2015, 08:41 PM   #926
slunken
Virgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by noyen View Post
*cough
sweet. whats your recording chain?

Old 01-17-2015, 08:46 PM   #927
noyen
Immortal

maschine, kaoss pad, a micro verb on this one. I have a whole set up with theremin, a jag vi, midi keyboard, a Ttsetup. I use lots of plugins in maschine. This was pretty basic. There ended up being 3 different versions I finished. Parts of this were going to go into a movie I was editing but that whole project got scrapped for now.

I like your track on my headphones. That's kinda how mine is ��������needs to be loud on good headphones because there is a low rumble drone.

Old 01-17-2015, 08:49 PM   #928
slunken
Virgo

mine needs headphones because of buried melodies that dont register as much on tinny built in speakers

i'm just using an electric guitar and some delay pedals with an envelope filter recorded live from the right speaker to a zoom.

Old 01-17-2015, 08:56 PM   #929
slunken
Virgo

i wish i knew more about midi and stuff like that and how an electronic workflow on a computer works. im just completely clueless towards that stuff.

there are so many ideas i know i could achieve but really have no idea how to get to them. things like sequencers and midi controllers are a complete mystery to me.

Old 01-17-2015, 09:21 PM   #930
noyen
Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by slunken View Post
i wish i knew more about midi and stuff like that and how an electronic workflow on a computer works. im just completely clueless towards that stuff.

there are so many ideas i know i could achieve but really have no idea how to get to them. things like sequencers and midi controllers are a complete mystery to me.
It's really quite amazing to me really . I love incorporating midi in some way or another. That melody is the only part I've got going on sequence but it's real fun and opens up a huge world of possibilities especially really with triggers and controlling multiple devices. It's nice to mix up the two as well. I record to cassette tape in the end or DAT and then archive it digitally and keep recording over the same dat tape because I am poor.

But dude. Get into midi stat. triggers. chains. backup playing live, software synths dude. Just that alone. Software instruments and effects.