There's a Weird Al parody?

Old 09-25-2017, 11:30 PM   #11462
Disco King
Minion of Satan

How do you do a food parody of "chicka-China, the Chinese chicken?"

Old 09-25-2017, 11:32 PM   #11463
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Yeah, what? You're really showing your age, Ram27.

Old 09-25-2017, 11:36 PM   #11464
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Next girl I ask out, I'm going to pitch a date in which the activity will be eating bread.

That way, if she agrees, I'll know she truly cares about me.

Old 09-25-2017, 11:38 PM   #11465
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

punk as fuck

Old 09-25-2017, 11:39 PM   #11466
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Is being mad that a woman didn't disclose that she has celiac disease when she agreed to a bread date predatory and rape-cultured? Sound off in the comments below.

Old 09-25-2017, 11:42 PM   #11467
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

sorry about the girl DK.

i think you might be reading a bit too deeply into her motives. people will almost always prefer to distance themselves from perceived confrontation or difficult situations, even when they know full well that the other party is going to have to pay the price in full and will have to deal with the insult of being ghosted.

people are shitty and selfish. especially young attractive popular ones. it is what it is.

Old 09-25-2017, 11:46 PM   #11468
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco King View Post
Is being mad that a woman didn't disclose that she has celiac disease when she agreed to a bread date predatory and rape-cultured? Sound off in the comments below.
Why did you have to specify that said life form is a woman?

Old 09-26-2017, 12:30 AM   #11469
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

In case someone thought it was an aardvark.

Old 09-26-2017, 12:35 AM   #11470
redbreegull

haha

Old 09-26-2017, 01:25 AM   #11471
qwerty sp
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingGlobes View Post
punk as fuck

Hey, watch the potty mouth!

Old 09-26-2017, 01:41 AM   #11472
Disco King
Minion of Satan

I tried to spin this into a joke and hide my disappointment behind irony because that's the dank way to deal with interpersonal problems.

Made some call-back to some minor awkward instance between us a bit ago, and was like "it was because of that thing, isn't it?"

She replies saying she had a bunch of messages and it's been "hard for her to do social interaction" for the past couple of weeks.

I dunno, I've never been so busy that I just ignored somebody's texts for over a week right when we were just formalizing plans, but then again I have few friends and she actually has some, so maybe this is a normal thing?

I think it's more likely that she just lost interest and kinda sensed I was calling her out on it and messaged me back to save face. But I'd rather have it end on that note than on her just ghosting me and that being that.

I would usually feel badly about drawing attention to somebody's impolite behaviour, but maybe because my therapist and I have been talking about how I don't assert myself and kinda let people walk over me, I'm learning to feel less badly about it?

Old 09-26-2017, 01:50 AM   #11473
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Wow, memes are actually saving the day.

Even made a reference to the "regret rock" term b0lly or rbg came up with, but I'm pretending I coined it myself (sorry, it's a better story than "my internet friends on the Smashing Pumpkins message board came up with it).

Old 09-26-2017, 01:51 AM   #11474
Disco King
Minion of Satan

We can share that stuff, right? Didn't RBG give Vix permission to use the "ferrets are weasels with better PR" thing for her standup?

Old 09-26-2017, 01:59 AM   #11475
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

i'm testing "BOMB THREAT AT THE OLIVE GARDEN" for my standup tonight actually

Old 09-26-2017, 02:07 AM   #11476
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

Quote:
I tried to spin this into a joke and hide my disappointment behind irony because that's the dank way to deal with interpersonal problems.

Made some call-back to some minor awkward instance between us a bit ago, and was like "it was because of that thing, isn't it?"

She replies saying she had a bunch of messages and it's been "hard for her to do social interaction" for the past couple of weeks.

I dunno, I've never been so busy that I just ignored somebody's texts for over a week right when we were just formalizing plans, but then again I have few friends and she actually has some, so maybe this is a normal thing?

I think it's more likely that she just lost interest and kinda sensed I was calling her out on it and messaged me back to save face. But I'd rather have it end on that note than on her just ghosting me and that being that.

I would usually feel badly about drawing attention to somebody's impolite behaviour, but maybe because my therapist and I have been talking about how I don't assert myself and kinda let people walk over me, I'm learning to feel less badly about it?
i feel like this is the best you could have done.

it's clear that you're roundaboutedly calling her out on her ghosting maneuver, but it could also be interpreted as humorous, leaving the door open for future exchanges.

with that said though, she kinda sounds like an asshole. i wouldn't keep making advances towards her, subtle or not. it won't end well and besides, you gotta assert your high value as a man. ~

for more dating tips please check out my beauty, lifestyle and dating life hack tip guide blog. brace urself cause u're going to be AMAZED ~

Old 09-26-2017, 02:33 AM   #11477
Elphenor
Braindead

Quote:

just start giving people an arbitrary time limit to respond to messages before they are dead to you

this is how my gf and I went without talking for 2 weeks and almost forever

pride at any cost

Old 09-26-2017, 02:36 AM   #11478
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Yeah, if I try to "win" her back into engaging with me, I'll just lose whatever shreds of dignity I have left (and as of the second quarter of 2017, dignity shreds are already down 72% from this time last year). Best to just focus on other people out there. Although my trust is depleting all the time, and I feel like in the age of being able to select from a catalogue of suitors at one's fingertips, pretty much everyone is only hanging around you until they can grab onto something better. I feel like this is going to be the norm, rather than the exception.

Hiding feelings behind irony is actually the most effective way to communicate with the fewest hurt feelings. The tried-and-true Slunken method. Build up enough irony that even you don't know what you mean anymore. Everybody wins.

Now I wish I tried that with the Anastasia girl. Instead I was all genuine about how I thought what she did was hurtful but I wanted to leave the door open to be friends because I valued her. Didn't work. I regret not just sending her a spicy meme.

Old 09-26-2017, 02:39 AM   #11479
redbreegull

ferrets are just weasels with better PR

Old 09-26-2017, 02:40 AM   #11480
Elphenor
Braindead

if it supports my case I also have no friends

Old 09-26-2017, 02:42 AM   #11481
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elphenor View Post
just start giving people an arbitrary time limit to respond to messages before they are dead to you

this is how my gf and I went without talking for 2 weeks and almost forever

pride at any cost
I do this with people I just meet, because I don't feel that some person who just game me their number really has any obligation to respond to my text. She could have just been being polite because she didn't know that I wouldn't yell at her for not giving me her number or something. If they don't respond to my first text, that's the end of that, no hard feelings. A lot of the time, I don't even send that first text if I could sense that it was a "politeness number" from the get-go.

But when it's somebody I've invested some time into and who I thought at the very least liked me as a friend, I feel pretty bummed when they don't respond.

I have one friend who I've never considered as more than a friend, and she was one of my favourite friends. She moved back to her hometown, and stopped responding to my texts after that, and that kinda hurt me. Although I know she has OCD, so I don't know if that has anything to do with it. Even when she was in town and we hung out, she only ever wanted to do things on campus, as she lived on campus. I could never get her to do anything off campus, it was always just smoking weed in her dorm or something.

Old 09-26-2017, 02:44 AM   #11482
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elphenor View Post
if it supports my case I also have no friends
I feel like having an SO and not having any platonic friends would be worse than just not having any friends at all.

I can't imagine my life being one person. I feel like we'd merge into some creepy, gooey, single-bodied creature or something. *shudder*

Old 09-26-2017, 02:45 AM   #11483
Disco King
Minion of Satan

So, dump her, essentially.

Old 09-26-2017, 03:16 AM   #11484
LaBelle
Socialphobic

People call them straight girls but they love to keep you going in circles.

Old 09-26-2017, 03:24 AM   #11485
Elphenor
Braindead

Quote:
I feel like having an SO and not having any platonic friends would be worse than just not having any friends at all.

I can't imagine my life being one person. I feel like we'd merge into some creepy, gooey, single-bodied creature or something. *shudder*

it's one facet of my free time somewhere between Punk and Videogames

Old 09-26-2017, 03:49 AM   #11486
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

A lot long term relationships go through periods of exclusivity I reckon.

It's just too easy to book time in under various category headings, with the same person, because they're a one stop shop.

Old 09-26-2017, 03:49 AM   #11487
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

It's not a good thing or anything. But I reckon it is a thing. Path of least resistance I guess

Old 09-26-2017, 03:50 AM   #11488
vixnix
Socialphobic

Diarrhoea always moves in a downward direction if you will

Old 09-26-2017, 08:41 AM   #11489
FoolofaTook

Your mother always moves in a downwards direction, if you will.

Last edited by FoolofaTook : 09-26-2017 at 12:44 PM.

Old 09-26-2017, 08:44 AM   #11490
FoolofaTook

KABLAM!