Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Smashing Pumpkins Boards > Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Photo Album Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2018, 06:29 PM   #661
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

what do I need to click for the disneyland vouchers? are this facebook games for CASH REWARDS?

Old 02-14-2018, 06:32 PM   #662
redbreegull
Immortal

am I supposed to know who patrick salerno is

Old 02-14-2018, 06:39 PM   #663
Ram27
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disarmu View Post

Look at me. Is this a face that would lie? Im not a woman scorned. Im not pissed that Im missing out on a massive payday. Do i look like i need the money? Im barely able to keep my shit together on a daily basis, I havent lifted a bass in 19 years and cant even recognise a pumpkins song when it comes on the radio but hey im ready for an arena tour. I want to create music in the studio and bring back the glory days of the pumpkins as i am the missing link. Im classicly trained! I mean look at all the music ive created since i left the Pumpkins. Jeeeeeezzzz
everyone looks their best in mugshots

Last edited by pavementtune : 02-14-2018 at 07:14 PM.

Old 02-14-2018, 06:45 PM   #664
FoolofaTook
Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
am I supposed to know who patrick salerno is
Linda's husband.

Old 02-14-2018, 06:46 PM   #665
jakobtheliar
Pledge

Quote:

Look at me. Is this a face that would lie? Im not a woman scorned. Im not pissed that Im missing out on a massive payday. Do i look like i need the money? Im barely able to keep my shit together on a daily basis, I havent lifted a bass in 19 years and cant even recognise a pumpkins song when it comes on the radio but hey im ready for an arena tour. I want to create music in the studio and bring back the glory days of the pumpkins as i am the missing link. Im classicly trained! I mean look at all the music ive created since i left the Pumpkins. Jeeeeeezzzz
I don't like you and think you are a bad person.

Last edited by pavementtune : 02-14-2018 at 07:18 PM.

Old 02-14-2018, 06:47 PM   #666
Crepe
Pledge

The narrative now that corgan didnt want her there is hilarious.

Its obvious in the ama that he did. 5-7 songs

Old 02-14-2018, 06:49 PM   #667
Run To Me
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:

Picking on the abused, the bullied, the mentally ill, the weak, the addicted, is not ok

Kindly FUCK OFF, thanks

Last edited by pavementtune : 02-14-2018 at 07:09 PM.

Old 02-14-2018, 06:53 PM   #668
MyKeyZ
Ownz

I can't already tell Disarmu lives in his mother's basement with Billy posters covering the wall listening to his collectable Siddhartha set over and over in his stained underwear and bashing D'arcy on Windows 95 computer because women threaten him.

Old 02-14-2018, 06:53 PM   #669
jakobtheliar
Pledge

Right on Run2Me

Old 02-14-2018, 06:55 PM   #670
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

ram, took, and co - can we all get our mugshots up. BREAKING NEWS

(kidding, don't.)

Old 02-14-2018, 06:58 PM   #671
houseofglass11
Apocalyptic Poster

Can someone IP ban disarmu, please? I actually don't think it's Linda. It's probably Brad Davis.

Old 02-14-2018, 07:02 PM   #672
pavementtune

that would make us not much better than facebook groups, would it?
I mean with what bannable offense? being full of shit?

serious question. if people want to go all out with being stupid - they get a response.

Old 02-14-2018, 07:10 PM   #673
Gooch
Ownz

via Imgflip Meme Generator

Old 02-14-2018, 07:13 PM   #674
FoolofaTook
Immortal

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavementtune View Post
ram, took, and co - can we all get our mugshots up. BREAKING NEWS

(kidding, don't.)
I was in the same jail as Darcy was. I met other inmate workers and deputies who dealt with her. And later I met several junkies in Benton Harbor who claimed to know her. They all said the same thing: super cool and sweet, but hurting and self-destructive.

Compare that to dipshit douchebag money making B0lliam.

oh and the junkies said there were people around her who were taking advantage of her kindness and weakness.

have no idea if any of this is true.

Old 02-14-2018, 07:24 PM   #675
DemonUnicorns
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funbags View Post
oh dear

Old 02-14-2018, 07:49 PM   #676
MyKeyZ
Ownz

I'm glad Billy and co. are receiving lots of shit on their SP Instagram.

Last edited by MyKeyZ : 02-14-2018 at 07:56 PM.

Old 02-14-2018, 07:52 PM   #677
ilikeplanets
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by soniclovenoize View Post
Huh
D'arcy's bf and L. Strawburry on one of the FB groups. I'm too stupid to know how to screenshot it but i thought it was amusing

Old 02-14-2018, 08:01 PM   #678
pavementtune

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyKeyZ View Post
I'm glad Billy and co. are receiving lots of shit on their SP Instagram.
they do? not just happymachines spilling pity about how evil darcy is? I don't want to look but if the tune is changing a bit, that is nice to hear.

(I don't mean "great, shit on them " but that these flat out darcy attacks and bolly-victim stunts get a bit less maybe.)

Old 02-14-2018, 08:13 PM   #679
majesty
Pledge

Quote:
For a long time I didnít do it because I knew Billy would take credit for it. If itís good, heíll take credit for it, and if itís not heíll be like, ĎThatís why we fired her from the band, she sucks.í
I love her

Old 02-14-2018, 08:30 PM   #680
TuralyonW3
Immortal

Strawberry:

No one saw this coming. Everyone thought everything was fine and she could show up at any moment. There was no drama. D’arcy has acted out for reasons of her own and obviously has some old wounds that need healing. She has people around her that care about her like Patrick Salerno who I talked to twice yesterday trying to figure out if there was any possible solution. (Darcy’s BF) He confirmed that she had been preparing to return but something happened. Neither of us can figure out what it was. She was upset and kicked him out last night when he tried to talk to her. We tried... I think it’s apparent something is off and this isn’t good timing for her - to put it as gently as I can. The photo was a private nightmare that occurred because her ex assistant attacked her and then started sending to people saying she fell down drunk... Patrick cleared that up saying she was assaulted. I’m only saying that because so much talk has been about this photo. It was a private nightmare and everyone should move on. The band has had zero drama. Everyone is focused on their work and their families. It has been calm. I think everyone wants to move on. Most of us are older and have families and children etc. I think the best thing is to have empathy and just refocus on the music.

Old 02-14-2018, 08:31 PM   #681
Ramdust
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy drevpile View Post
1. Has not played music of any description in a public capacity for 20 years (let that sink in)
2. Mental breakdown, panic attacks, by own admission (from pressures of being in this band touring).
3. Struggles with substance abuse over a number of years. Tried to kill herself.
4. Has been arrested, caught drunk driving, jail.
5. Says it’s a lie she has been invited, or that billy wants her on tours then literally talks about invitations (posts proof)
6. Never friends / enjoyed friendship
7. Identifies as musician. Hasn’t played publically for 20 years. Listens to radio, doesn’t recognise her own music.
8. Is literally physically unable to play bass, whilst band is working on most recent demos
9. Casual racism.

Despite this feels it is unreasonable under these circumstances for Billy / the rest of the band not to invite her carte blanche to be full time touring bassist.
Then Billy literally offers a chance to be involved in the tour in whatever capacity she want’s from just 1 song to 7 songs. Offers her own bus. Doesn’t have to play ever gig if she doesn’t want to. Doesn’t have to sing even. This doesn’t sound like the band trying to push her away, they’re just saying they don’t think it’s in the best interest of anyone to be invited back in as a full time member right at that second…

For me at least Billy looks like he’s made a very sensible decision here.
Firstly, I can't believe I read this whole thread.

Now, the above pretty much sums it up. Billy was willing to (barely) in-clude her, she didn't like the terms (her being there for nostalgia only), so she did her best to fuck up the reunion with her interview, as retaliation.

Is anyone surprised at any of this? There's not a lot of new info here. Here's what we've all known for YEARS:

1. Billy is a maniacal, likely abusive, task master regarding SP.
2. D'arcy was incapable of playing in the band in 99/00, hasn't played anywhere since, and may be unstable or unable to be the sole bassist on this tour.

So, is it that unbelievable that Billy would ask her to participate in a minimized role, given the circumstances?

As big of a dick as Billy can be, posting texts and coming out to bash Billy in a 4 hr interview, days before the reunion announcement, seems like a bigger dick move.

And everyone who's saying "I'm done" as a fan, just stop. That's laughable. Are you going to stop listening to SD? Given the drama and attitudes in this band, I've learned to separate the music from Billy the person (or any other band member) long, long ago.

Old 02-14-2018, 08:32 PM   #682
TuralyonW3
Immortal

FOCUS FOCUS REFOCUS FOCUS

Old 02-14-2018, 08:43 PM   #683
WeilandFan
Ownz

Billy should call D'arcy. As pissed as she is, she would take his call, but doing it through Linda isn't going to work.

Old 02-14-2018, 08:48 PM   #684
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

this entire story now casts ENORMOUS shadow not only on 2000-2018 Billy, but on the entire Smashing Pumpkins 1988-2000 band run now. not sure i'll even be able to see the music the same way from now on, knowing what the person who stands behind it is all about.

Old 02-14-2018, 08:49 PM   #685
TuralyonW3
Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh b0lly!!1 View Post
this entire story now casts ENORMOUS shadow not only on 2000-2018 Billy, but on the entire Smashing Pumpkins 1988-2000 band run now. not sure i'll even be able to see the music the same way from now on, knowing what the person who stands behind it is all about.
What do you think sheds new light on 1988-2000? I mean they were always notoriously dysfunctional

Old 02-14-2018, 08:54 PM   #686
Grox
Apocalyptic Poster

why? what completely new information has come out? there are so many similar stories & awful/amazing quotes you could pull from any era she mentioned. this just fills in some gaps, but there isn't anything behavior-wise that we weren't already aware of.

Old 02-14-2018, 08:55 PM   #687
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

just the particular brand of interpersonal emotional abuse & gaslighting & false portrayal of oneself (BC) in relationship to his bandmates - seeing it all unfolding in real time is different than vague sensational magazine-selling narratives like "Billy was a tortured genius who simply had to play all instruments on SD himself to get the vision he wanted"

i mean i realize he was damaged all along, but seeing the fine detail of the ugliness right now is truly offputting

Old 02-14-2018, 08:56 PM   #688
MyKeyZ
Ownz

Billy made this out to being four people coming together to heal as old friends and start playing together again... but really this was Billy using the three others and their status as the real Smashing Pumpkins to rush together a tour so he could cash in as quick as possible. Honestly, he should have taken the time for all four of them to get together in person and just jam and have fun, not rush into an arena tour to bank off the big "reunion" crap as soon as he could. I could see from D'arcy's side being like wait, I thought this was about us reuniting as friends and taking time to heal and return to the music naturally. Instead she got Billy talking about making money with t-shirts and throwing a huge Broadway sized rehearsed down to the exact minute show. As I said, this does not feel at all about the music and being friends again. This is just a chance for Billy to cash in on the rest of his original bandmates being there because that is the only way people would care. We didn't need this huge, fancy tour. I much rather them just hanging out as friends and making music for fun and not worry about all that BS album and tour drama until they were all actually ready. The four of them couldn't even get into a room. Billy didn't even have the courtesy to fly out to D'arcy. With Billy, it always seems to be that everyone must come to him. After all the horrible shit Billy has said in the press about them, I think he could be humble enough to show up at her doorstep. But no, this was all thru stupid text. Seriously? Text? You are banking on a huge arena tour texting folks who haven't played together in the same room in 18 years? I can see how D'arcy only saw the usual "It's all about the money" Billy rather than a real friend approaching. Jeez, did you see his response when she was excited that she didn't need surgery? Billy just saw dollar signs. I'm sorry, two years is not enough to erase nearly two decades of horrid shit Billy has done and said. And it didn't take long for the good ol' Billy we all know and love to return to write passive aggressive social media posts and hide behind his son and bullshit faux spirituality that tries use to hide his true egotistical holier than now asshole-ness.

Namaste

Old 02-14-2018, 09:14 PM   #689
rawkstar
Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuralyonW3 View Post
Strawberry:

No one saw this coming. Everyone thought everything was fine and she could show up at any moment. There was no drama. Díarcy has acted out for reasons of her own and obviously has some old wounds that need healing. She has people around her that care about her like Patrick Salerno who I talked to twice yesterday trying to figure out if there was any possible solution. (Darcyís BF) He confirmed that she had been preparing to return but something happened. Neither of us can figure out what it was. She was upset and kicked him out last night when he tried to talk to her. We tried... I think itís apparent something is off and this isnít good timing for her - to put it as gently as I can. The photo was a private nightmare that occurred because her ex assistant attacked her and then started sending to people saying she fell down drunk... Patrick cleared that up saying she was assaulted. Iím only saying that because so much talk has been about this photo. It was a private nightmare and everyone should move on. The band has had zero drama. Everyone is focused on their work and their families. It has been calm. I think everyone wants to move on. Most of us are older and have families and children etc. I think the best thing is to have empathy and just refocus on the music.
I know everyone likes to shit on Strawberry, but is there anything about this that doesnít sound completely reasonable?

Old 02-14-2018, 09:25 PM   #690
paranoid
Apocalyptic Poster

Sheís the one that made it known this photo existed, made it sound like it showed Darcy at her worst, went on a rant about it on Facebook. She seeks the drama of it all because she wants the attention. She had no fucking reason or right to speak about any of this in the first place.