Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03-22-2017, 01:54 AM   #31
MyKeyZ
Apocalyptic Poster

I must agree about Bleeding The Orchid. Great track.

I actually listened to Zeitgeist today and it's a shame because it's not a bad album just marred by terrible mixing choices. But I must say, listening to it again after all of these years, it's not that bad. I wish Billy would go back and do a full on remix of the album and bring up the buried layers and calm down some of the silly panning and pull back the vocals a bit.

I tried listening to Oceania with no luck. Only Quasar and The Chimera stand out for me. Sure, it has better production in certain aspects compared to Zeitgeist, but Zeitgeist has much stronger tracks. Plus the drums sound a bit lifeless on Oceania.

I must say that seeing them on the tour with Marilyn Manson made me fall in love with the track United States. They performed such a blistering version live.

Old 03-22-2017, 09:35 AM   #32
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

production and mixing and arranging have been shitty since (and including) Adore.

Brogan needs to step back. And just keep walking backwards

Old 03-22-2017, 09:01 PM   #33
MyKeyZ
Apocalyptic Poster

I dunno, I absolutely love Adore's production and mix to be honest. I prefer the original master over the remaster. Unless you only listened to Adore on vinyl because the mono vinyl mix is pretty terrible. For me, the mixing issues started with Machina.

Old 03-22-2017, 09:03 PM   #34
TuralyonW3
Immortal

Fuck no it's not

Old 03-23-2017, 12:22 AM   #35
lawson
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveKShape View Post
Production killed the song with the "AAAAHHHH AAAHHHHS" Billy choir. Also, tons of rad guitar work that is absolutely buried in the mix of proto-metal guitars or whatever the fuck the production on Zeitgeist was going for.
Yea this song has that great machina hum in the background that sounds like a million sounds at once, and well written song too but man, too much harmonizing billy! the goats captured it well. There are a lot of good songs on Zeitgeist but too much harmony for my taste. Maybe it's the queen or bowie influence he is a fan.

Old 03-23-2017, 01:27 AM   #36
Jelly Blossom
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixnix View Post
production and mixing and arranging have been shitty since (and including) Adore.

Brogan needs to step back. And just keep walking backwards
I agree with MyKeyZ that the production and mixing issues arose with Machina.

What is it about the production and mixing on Adore that you don't like?

Old 03-23-2017, 06:42 AM   #37
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

I dunno, every track had a problem with it, for me, except Annie Dog, because they pretty much left that alone.

Horrid metallic sounding drums, Billy choruses, everything up too loud in the loud moments. Something like Daphne Descends which could have had a more eclectic Disarm sound was just all sterile and electric sounding. It felt hollow and tasteless to me.

There was a lot of interesting songwriting IMO, buried under layers of badly selected and unpleasant chaff.

Old 03-25-2017, 02:24 PM   #38
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Guess which track was MONTE's favorite from ZEITGEIST...:

Old 03-25-2017, 02:35 PM   #39
Ram27
dumb

I agree with basically every one of glasses man's choices