Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Smashing Pumpkins Boards > Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 10-27-2020, 01:21 PM   #5221
emilem
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by vajohna View Post
Anybody follow his alt? It’s interesting how much of a fan he sounds like on there
he sounds like a cult leader and most of his takes on art are very embarassing. the guy thinks he knows more than actual art scholars because he sold lots of records. that's not how it works, billy. and his hot takes on music criticism, history and culture in general are just

btw oh hai billy try finding and banning me now, sorry for taking up valuable space on your exclusive ig for superfans.

Old 10-27-2020, 02:15 PM   #5222
Ram27
dumb

the way he fucking advertised his alt account is so, so insanely fucking gross and weird. it's like a parody of a parody of a parody of corgan's insane social media use

Old 10-27-2020, 02:31 PM   #5223
cork_soaker
full of longing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram27 View Post
the way he fucking advertised his alt account is so, so insanely fucking gross and weird. it's like a parody of a parody of a parody of corgan's insane social media use
what's his alt account and how did he advertise it?

Old 10-27-2020, 03:05 PM   #5224
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cork_soaker View Post
what's his alt account and how did he advertise it?
Yeah do we need a thread for alt posts

Cause some of us don’t even surf over to instabook or facegram or any of the other ones

Old 10-27-2020, 04:25 PM   #5225
emilem
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run To Me View Post
Yeah do we need a thread for alt posts

Cause some of us don’t even surf over to instabook or facegram or any of the other ones
not really

Old 10-27-2020, 04:31 PM   #5226
houseofglass11
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilem View Post
btw oh hai billy try finding and banning me now, sorry for taking up valuable space on your exclusive ig for superfans.
For shame! Don’t you know that ig account is reserved for the thickest assed pawg’s around?

Old 10-27-2020, 05:14 PM   #5227
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!

yes what is going on here with the alt account and the advertising of it sister can you spell it out

Old 10-27-2020, 06:32 PM   #5228
houseofglass11
Minion of Satan

Rich guy whining about taxes:

Don’t think any of us would know anything about punitive taxes. We’re all just trying to stay afloat and keep our jobs during covid, but nice of you to be tone deaf as hell.

Old 10-28-2020, 01:22 AM   #5229
GreenDogGlynis
Demi-God

Yeah, they're taxing Alt Rockers 60%

Old 10-28-2020, 01:32 AM   #5230
GreenDogGlynis
Demi-God

Quote:
he sounds like a cult leader and most of his takes on art are very embarassing. the guy thinks he knows more than actual art scholars because he sold lots of records. that's not how it works, billy. and his hot takes on music criticism, history and culture in general are just

Does he communicate back and forth with people or does he kind of just hold court?

Old 10-28-2020, 02:37 AM   #5231
emilem
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenDogGlynis View Post
Does he communicate back and forth with people or does he kind of just hold court?
BLOCKED

edit: for those who dont know, its just the same as official account only he talks about it being exclusive and special and people have to ask his opinions on other peoples art. and some big brain energy is going on, as we now know what corgan thinks of the most vanilla art his teenage followers can come up with halfway through highschool education (they ask him about rembrandt and picasso, such class, such taste). and even then his opinions usually amount to 'yeah its cool'. unless it's about evaluating art, then billy basically claims he can decide what is good because he is billy corgan of the smashing pumkins fame, and his music is good, and the world is just wrong if disagrees.

plus he posts like 100 times a day, he need a fucking day job for real

Last edited by emilem : 10-28-2020 at 02:45 AM.

Old 10-28-2020, 09:03 AM   #5232
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
BLOCKED

edit: for those who dont know, its just the same as official account only he talks about it being exclusive and special and people have to ask his opinions on other peoples art. and some big brain energy is going on, as we now know what corgan thinks of the most vanilla art his teenage followers can come up with halfway through highschool education (they ask him about rembrandt and picasso, such class, such taste). and even then his opinions usually amount to 'yeah its cool'. unless it's about evaluating art, then billy basically claims he can decide what is good because he is billy corgan of the smashing pumkins fame, and his music is good, and the world is just wrong if disagrees.

plus he posts like 100 times a day, he need a fucking day job for real
LOL

Thanks for REVEALING big willies hidden social media addiction. (Who are u, Bart Buttcanon or somebody???)

Old 10-28-2020, 11:07 AM   #5233
houseofglass11
Minion of Satan

Mellon Collie and the Infinite Taxes Vol. 2: fuck the little guy, I’m rich, trump 2020.

Old 10-28-2020, 11:12 AM   #5234
dustrocck
Demi-God

What exactly is "restrictive"?

Here in Communist Canada our federal tax brackets are:

2019 Federal income tax rates. $47,630 or less. 15% $47,630 to $95,259. 20.5% $95,259 to $147,667. 26% $147,667 to $210,371. 29% More than $210,371. 33%

Old 10-28-2020, 11:49 AM   #5235
pinetree
Ownz

billy corgan is almost likable in a "parody of himself" kind of entertaining way

but he's also a real jerk and that speaks louder

Old 10-28-2020, 12:05 PM   #5236
VoxUpDoc
Apocalyptic Poster

I wanna see his awful Q & A's to see what a cunt he is.

But I also don't want to follow his private account cos he's a cunt.

Old 10-28-2020, 01:57 PM   #5237
Gooch
Apocalyptic Poster

I’m wondering if this is all some sort of a therapist recommended exercise for ol’ Bill. It gives him a chance to talk about himself, brag and show off, build up his self esteem by knocking down everyone and pissing on everything, and to bathe in senseless adulation.

Old 10-28-2020, 02:02 PM   #5238
pinetree
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooch View Post
I’m wondering if this is all some sort of a therapist recommended exercise for ol’ Bill. It gives him a chance to talk about himself, brag and show off, build up his self esteem by knocking down everyone and pissing on everything, and to bathe in senseless adulation.

I don't follow him anymore because I couldn't take it anymore, but when I did, he mostly posted half-naked ladies, lame art, half-naked men (wrestlers), vintage rock stars, zuzu tea ads, and then Q and A's where he bashed and/or blocked anyone who mentioned Siamese Dream, used the word "guitar", interpretations of his music, etc.

Old 10-28-2020, 02:04 PM   #5239
pinetree
Ownz

"hey billy, this song reminds me of such and such, have you ever listened to t****

BLOCK OF THE NIGHT

"I hear a bit of joy division in this"

LAZY TAKE

If he wasn't being serious, it would be funny.

Old 10-28-2020, 04:14 PM   #5240
houseofglass11
Minion of Satan

He said on ig that he’s tired of equipment questions based on 3 years of a 38 year musical existence.

Old 10-28-2020, 06:34 PM   #5241
Ram27
dumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
I don't follow him anymore because I couldn't take it anymore, but when I did, he mostly posted half-naked ladies, lame art, half-naked men (wrestlers), vintage rock stars, zuzu tea ads, and then Q and A's where he bashed and/or blocked anyone who mentioned Siamese Dream, used the word "guitar", interpretations of his music, etc.
nothing has changed.

he has to evolve constantly musically but not as a human

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofglass11 View Post
He said on ig that he’s tired of equipment questions based on 3 years of a 38 year musical existence.
he actually does answer nicely when it's some dumb sycophant shit about 'whats the bass tone on chimera' or whatever. but it's not like there are answers anywhere about 'who came up with the sitar thing for the hummer intro' or whatever

Old 10-28-2020, 07:30 PM   #5242
thedeadofnight
Ownz

Nice to see William's loyal Sad Machines are following the memo of erasing D'Arcy from the annals of SP history. Pathetic and embarrassing stuff.

Screenshot-20201028-232705-min

Last edited by thedeadofnight : 10-28-2020 at 07:39 PM.

Old 10-28-2020, 07:41 PM   #5243
thedeadofnight
Ownz

4953106d766e67c3a5db10d184d57133

Old 10-28-2020, 08:02 PM   #5244
houseofglass11
Minion of Satan

Yeah and it’s not like that whole pic wouldn’t have fit on an ig story. We’ve just gotta highlight His Cheruby Highness I guess. The people’s republic of sad machines demands complete and utter devotion and compliance for Billy’s endeavors will no doubt enrich our lives!

Old 10-28-2020, 10:44 PM   #5245
Ram27
dumb

i like jimmy's scarf there

i will not stand for this iha erasure either

Old 10-29-2020, 02:33 AM   #5246
emilem
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run To Me View Post
LOL

Thanks for REVEALING big willies hidden social media addiction. (Who are u, Bart Buttcanon or somebody???)
oooh im so sorry im too vanilla of a fan to join the netphoria cult of snarky assholes, i wish i could promise you to do better but this band sucks, this board is dying and nobody cares.

Old 10-29-2020, 03:25 AM   #5247
GreenDogGlynis
Demi-God

It is unreal how even though James has returned, nothing has really changed from Billy and co. While not as pronounced, there is still passive aggressive crap thrown James' way like what we see above, and also Billy and Jimmy's inability to give him any credit in shaping the music.

Old 10-29-2020, 11:20 AM   #5248
dustrocck
Demi-God

The Smashing Pumpkins classic lineup: Billy Corgan, Jimmy Chamberlin, floating pink hand

Old 10-29-2020, 11:27 AM   #5249
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Quote:
oooh im so sorry im too vanilla of a fan to join the netphoria cult of snarky assholes, i wish i could promise you to do better but this band sucks, this board is dying and nobody cares.
:'(

Old 10-29-2020, 12:58 PM   #5250
Oklahoma Sexual
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustrocck View Post
The Smashing Pumpkins classic lineup: Billy Corgan, Jimmy Chamberlin, floating pink hand
probably b'arcy's marked hand.

BC/JC