Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 05-26-2015, 09:57 AM   #61
Bread Regal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottytheoneand View Post
Hillary hid her emails! Why can't we read every email she ever sent? Conspiracy!!!

nevermind that almost all of the email from Bush Administration Officials was deleted. Or that she's not the first or last cabinet member or State Dept official to use a private email account.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Two_wrongs_make_a_right

Old 05-26-2015, 09:59 AM   #62
Bread Regal
Banned

Are you a dailykos contributor scotty.

Old 05-26-2015, 10:06 AM   #63
Bread Regal
Banned

If you want to talk about the viability of a Hillary campaign for the general election, you can't ignore the power of anti-Clinton propaganda. If you want to talk about electing a candidate that is actually a liberal, you can't ignore Hillary's role as a wall street lap dog.

Old 05-26-2015, 10:10 AM   #64
Bread Regal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulogy View Post
And that last bit seems awfully dismissive of Hillary as an individual instead of an appendage of Bill's.
I'm not saying she's not an individual. But the Clintons are obviously a power duo that occasionally sleep in the same bed. What do you think they talk about? The same idea applies to the Bushes.

Old 05-26-2015, 10:45 AM   #65
Eulogy
huh

I think she should be judged based on her campaign, personally. If you have taken issue with anything she has said since she has announced, what would that be? She's taken lefty stances on income inequality, immigration, substance abuse and mental health, and pretty much everything else she has discussed.

The past isn't entirely irrelevant but looking at something like the prison population exploding under Bill and using it against her 20 years later seems disingenuous.

And we can't ignore the fact that electability matters and that young poor people don't/can't vote much. I of course have no problem with getting behind a primary challenger and if I vote in the illinois primary (it's usually already decided at that point) it will be for Sanders. But I don't want anti-Clinton bitterness to bleed into the general. It's too important.

Old 05-26-2015, 02:27 PM   #66
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bread Regal View Post
If you want to talk about the viability of a Hillary campaign for the general election, you can't ignore the power of anti-Clinton propaganda. If you want to talk about electing a candidate that is actually a liberal, you can't ignore Hillary's role as a wall street lap dog.
I'm a realist. I don't vote for presidential candidates because I agree with everything they stand for. I worked on both of Clinton's campaigns and I didn't agree with him on everything, especially when it came to economics. But at the time he was the closest to my interests and he had a good chance of winning both general elections.

Old 05-26-2015, 06:35 PM   #67
The Omega Concern
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tchocky View Post
Hillary versus Jeb. Etch it in stone. Another Clinton v Bush election.

God, American democracy is such a joke these days.

#plutocracy

Winnah!!!

They need one or the other in that seat of power to keep a lid on their shared crimes the last 2 decades. It's why this is an utterly pointless thread in which the OP was kind enough to make rule #1 for my convenience.

Old 05-27-2015, 01:50 AM   #68
The Omega Concern
Banned

Hillary Clinton's State Department Approved $165 Billion In Arms Deals To Clinton Foundation Donors

In all, governments and corporations involved in the arms deals approved by Clinton’s State Department have delivered between $54 million and $141 million to the Clinton Foundation as well as hundreds of thousands of dollars in payments to the Clinton family, according to foundation and State Department records. The Clinton Foundation publishes only a rough range of individual contributors’ donations, making a more precise accounting impossible.

Old 05-27-2015, 03:01 AM   #69
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bread Regal View Post
lap dog? i think she's rubbing elbows and making deals like what she always done

bill greases 'em and she moves in for the kill

Old 05-27-2015, 03:05 AM   #70
Trotskilicious
Banned

i think the republican party and the democrats as of right now will replace them with their mamby pamby capitalist lovin greaseball turd mongrel boilerplate politician trash

now are we going to have WINGNUTISTAN or are we going to have MOONBATS as party b? you know, we'll have all 3 that way the democrats rule in mediocrity for ever

Old 05-27-2015, 03:06 AM   #71
Trotskilicious
Banned

oh and then the country will collapse and everything will be territorial roaming gangs cuz all the rich guys what caused the crash by cashing out and moving to the caymans but it's cool cuz they'll drown

Old 05-27-2015, 03:33 AM   #72
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!

theyll be hiding in plain sea

Old 05-27-2015, 10:20 AM   #73
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Do people even know what the foundation is/does? The Clinton's don't get any of that money. Its not a political lobby. Its a fucking nonprofit charity. The Clinton's don't benefit financially from it.

This all seems like more scandal fishing and spin. It would be like saying "Microsoft gave millions to the Clknto foundation, and then the State Dept upgraded to windows 8!!

Old 05-27-2015, 10:22 AM   #74
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

These types of allegations are tenuous at best. But then at the same time there are BILLIONS of dollars in campaign contributions going directly to candidates from countless corporation and the public and media seems to give no fucks

Old 05-27-2015, 02:16 PM   #75
Mayfuck
Banned

Quote:
It's too important.
To whom?

Old 05-27-2015, 02:54 PM   #76
Eulogy
huh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayfuck View Post
To whom?
Anyone who cares about or is affected by campaign finance or voting rights or reproductive rights or civil rights or executive branch overreach or immigration or literally any other law or set of laws or policies in the country.

Old 05-27-2015, 02:56 PM   #77
Eulogy
huh

Oh criminal procedure is another one that's taken giant steps backward due to the current construction of the court.

What do you consider important julio

Old 05-27-2015, 03:11 PM   #78
Mayfuck
Banned

Quote:
Anyone who cares about or is affected by campaign finance or voting rights or reproductive rights or civil rights or executive branch overreach or immigration or literally any other law or set of laws or policies in the country.
reproductive rights, civil rights and immigration aren't in play here. i mean there was no progress on any of those fronts during eight years of Obama, and Clinton is even more of a centrist so..?? unless progress means obama let immigrant children off the hook for a few more years before adding to his unprecedented deportation record. or unless you meant gay marriage which has been engineered by states and not the feds.

i'm pretty sure hillary clinton is going to be our next president and that will make you feel good on some superficial level, but for the vast numbers of people who won't participate or care about this election, you aren't going to be personally hurt if we get our shots in now.

Old 05-27-2015, 03:17 PM   #79
Mayfuck
Banned

thats without considering the thousands upon thousands of lives ended or fucked up via drone strikes, military intervention and "opening up global markets" in hillary's words. those are worst in my opinion than domestic bullshit

Old 05-27-2015, 04:12 PM   #80
Eulogy
huh

Do you know what the Supreme Court is

Old 05-27-2015, 04:14 PM   #81
Eulogy
huh

I know I harp on it but there is a reason for it. The importance of nominations is undervalued to an absurd degree.

Old 05-27-2015, 04:53 PM   #82
Mayfuck
Banned

aging supreme court liberals, if they had any backbone, would have retired while obama was still president. why don't they get criticized over that? but you have that whole judicial branch's dick firmly planted in your throat you can't imagine the american government operating any other way outside narcissistic vainglorious means.

Old 05-27-2015, 05:20 PM   #83
Eulogy
huh

If I thought Ruth Bader ginsberg cared what I thought id have told her to retire in 2012.

Anyway

That really has nothing to do with my point. Your are an exhausting person.

Old 05-27-2015, 05:21 PM   #84
Eulogy
huh

Aging conservative justices matter too. It always matters.

Old 05-27-2015, 05:25 PM   #85
Eulogy
huh

Let's just have a court full of alitos it'll be so fun and it'll really teach democrats a lesson

Old 05-27-2015, 08:07 PM   #86
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

if dems lose the white house they'll finally learn that they can't fuck with the the 30 people who subscribe to Mother Earth News

Old 05-27-2015, 08:14 PM   #87
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

let's teach clinton a lesson and let Rick Santorum nominate 4 supreme court judges!

Old 05-27-2015, 08:30 PM   #88
Mayfuck
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottytheoneand View Post
let's teach clinton a lesson and let Rick Santorum nominate 4 supreme court judges!
Quote:
Let's just have a court full of alitos it'll be so fun and it'll really teach democrats a lesson
you guys are really defensive about the democratic party. weird but whatever, at least i get your angle now.

Old 05-27-2015, 09:14 PM   #89
Eulogy
huh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayfuck View Post
you guys are really defensive about the democratic party. weird but whatever, at least i get your angle now.
How is anything I've said defensive of the Democratic Party?

Old 05-27-2015, 09:14 PM   #90
Eulogy
huh

I foolishly forgot for a second that you don't actually read anything I post