Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 03-01-2018, 12:21 PM   #871
Ram27
dumb

why does he keep posting pictures of kids? not even his kid anymore, just random kids

it's getting weird

Old 03-01-2018, 12:43 PM   #872
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

wonder what toc's take on all this would of been

Old 03-01-2018, 01:42 PM   #873
cardiac
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corgan's Bluff View Post
Twenty years ago at Malibu:

Wonder what Eric Erlandson does these days. With Hole that guy was a proper rock star for a few years.

Also, never knew that fucking J Mascis mixed this:

Old 03-01-2018, 02:33 PM   #874
New Art Rioter
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram27 View Post
why does he keep posting pictures of kids? not even his kid anymore, just random kids

it's getting weird
Gotta post hard, seats to fill

Old 03-01-2018, 03:31 PM   #875
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardiac View Post
Wonder what Eric Erlandson does these days. With Hole that guy was a proper rock star for a few years.
Eric Erlandson - From grunge guitarist to Buddhist monk 2018/01/08

In the 90s, the band Hole was one of the pioneers of grunge and their guitarist was Eric Erlandson. When the band broke up, Erlandson left the music world - and became a monk. Shortly before his 55th birthday, he speaks in the “Deutschlandfunk” about his "Letters To Kurt", self-destruction and spiritual lifeline.
Eric Erlandson in a corso with Marcel Anders

http://www.deutschlandfunk.de/eric-e...icle_id=407696

http://www.deutschlandfunk.de/media/...jpg?key=f5ccd6

In the 90s Eric Erlandson (right) was guitarist of the American rock band Hole and thus Sidekick of Courtney Love (center) and close confidant of her husband, Kurt Cobain

Marcel Anders: Mr. Erlandson, what do you find in the Buddhist beliefs that Rock'n'Roll does not seem to offer?

Eric Erlandson: I identify with Nichiren Shoshu Buddhism because it is based on the law of cause and effect. Say: He is not too esoteric, but a spiritual model for ordinary people. It helps you overcome the problems in your life by advancing to their roots instead of putting something like a religious plaster on it.

Anders: When did you start to study it intensively?

Erlandson: I have been practicing Buddhism since 1990. So at the time we started the band. Funnily, it was Courtney who made me do it, and I kept on doing it - while she was more spontaneous. Sometimes more sometimes less. I, on the other hand, was pretty consistent, especially since the band broke up. In the 90's, faith kept me together. And it was very helpful to have a tool that was not about self-destruction.

Completely burned out

Anders: That sounds like a spiritual lifeline. How necessary did they have that?

Erlandson: I was completely burned out. I'd spent years of hard work on the music, but by the late '90s everything had collapsed - because Courtney was suffering from this terrible I-can-do-it-all disease. Then she sued our record company and I got involved because my name appeared on all contracts. I finally settled out of court and was happy to leave everything behind.

Anders: Can you ask, why Hole failed as a band?

Erlandson: When we started, we had a specific goal and a lot of plans. I seriously thought we would change the world. But when I look back, I have to admit: we were just a band. We've achieved a bit, but I've also realized that you can only change the world if you really reach people.

http://www.deutschlandfunk.de/media/...jpg?key=fa9a02

“Hole” in front of a concert at Loft Berlin 1991

Anders: Did not you succeed?

Erlandson: No. We had a song that was about to reach the top 40 in America. But then Courtney brought everything to a standstill. And that's why I'm talking about a classic case of megalomania, with which she shot herself in the foot. So bad that it was incomprehensible to anyone. She went on stage in Vancouver and said, "This is our last show, I'm off to make a movie." An underground strip about the life of William Burroughs, which hardly anyone has seen. Why did everyone ask: For that she broke off the tour and dissolved the band? It did not make sense. We have been scrounging for ten years. And I still lived in a bastard when we recorded "Celebrity Skin". Our record company said we sold 1.5 million copies of Live Through This and 1.5 million of Celebrity Skin. But unlike them, I never saw a dime.

"You should write a book"

Anders: Why did not you start a solo career afterwards - or at least try a new musical beginning?

Erlandson: I had lots of offers from people who wanted to start some super groups with me. And many thought: He will become a second Dave Grohl and who knows what. But my reaction was: I do not want to be like Dave. Instead, I drove around the area one night with a friend and told her all those stories I experienced. What she meant: You should write a book. That was in 2000. And it took me a long time to get it done. Although: If you look at a great author like Patti Smith, then she was already a good writer before she even started a band. And she also needed time to write "kids". Before, she had written a book of poetry, a homage to Robert Mapplethorpe. That was in the 90s. In that sense, it took her 15 years of preparation before she tackled "kids." She started it, then put it aside and eventually finished it. Which is why I said it: I do it like her and put together snapshots of that time, just to get the ball rolling. For prose poems are a great way to develop as a writer and at the same time to hide behind it.

http://www.deutschlandfunk.de/media/...jpg?key=404704

Courtney Love with her band Hole at the MTV Movie Awards in 1999. The only male musician: Eric Erlandson.

Anders: With a classic rock star biography you would certainly have gained more attention and earned more money. Why did you refuse the format?

Erlandson: At the beginning of the 2000s, anyone who used to be in a rock band wrote an autobiography. I did not want to go in the same direction. But when I published the poetry book, people said: We want real stories with lots of dirty laundry. I thought that was a pity, because writing is not just about satisfying your own ego. Exactly: Look, what I have experienced everything. This is the problem of most biographies: The authors have not evolved, but only mourn their rock star life. Although they do not admit that they've built a lot of crap.

"Kurt Cobain was the icon of our generation"

Anders: "Letters To Kurt" - letters to Kurt - is a tribute to Nirvana singer Kurt Cobain, who shot himself in April 1994. Do you have guilt feelings about his death?

Erlandson: Well, I had a lot of friends who killed themselves. And he is the most famous of them. He was the icon of our generation and he stands for so much. In that sense, that's why I started to study suicide. Simply, because I had no idea. When you first experience this, you're putting together your own part, why people do that, why they choose this path, and how you can help them decide differently.

Anders: And you could not help Kurt Cobain?

http://www.deutschlandfunk.de/media/...jpg?key=79a7b9

"Kurt Cobain was a prime example of a suicidal person," says Erlandson today

Erlandson: Had I known then what I know today, I would have intervened. Because Kurt Cobain was the perfect example of a suicidal person. His songs were an obvious indication, as were his diaries, which read about a million times: "I hate myself and want to die." But all that came from his manager and label was: "He's only formulating his lyrics." No! He expressed what he felt. Unfortunately, I was too busy running Courtney back then. Today I think: Maybe I have focused on the wrong person.

"Copyright is a joke"

Anders: After all the drama in the 90s: How do you use your creativity today? Or: What is your activity in the temple?

Erlandson: I coach people. I advise and help you. If someone needs help and wants to change something in their life and is really ready for it, then I try to assist them with exercises. And I have my own mentors who do the same to me. I learn things from them and pass them on.

Anders: To be honest: Can you live on it?

Erlandson: Not really. To do that, I would have to find a way to cope with the modern age and get by with royalties of currently one penny per song. Because copyrights are a joke - they just bring a fraction of a penny. Only: human life is more important. Money is just money. A tool. We need it, but we also need a life.

Last edited by Corgan's Bluff : 03-01-2018 at 03:42 PM.

Old 03-01-2018, 03:37 PM   #876
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgotten Child View Post
Looks like some GeoF**kers kid...

http://spfreaks.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Geo.jpg

Old 03-02-2018, 04:19 AM   #877
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Quote:
courtneylove i love this . lost your new number . text me !
Quote:
gingerpooley Nice!

https://i.imgur.com/lsMpN4Q.png

Old 03-02-2018, 08:53 AM   #878
Ram27
dumb

maybe if he hooks up with courtney again we'll get some good fucking songs

Old 03-02-2018, 09:02 AM   #879
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram27 View Post
maybe if he hooks up with courtney again we'll get some good fucking
Careful what you wish for

Old 03-02-2018, 09:02 AM   #880
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/bg/1...CCjieatnix.jpg

Old 03-02-2018, 09:11 AM   #881
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

courtneylove lost your new number . text me ! 🎃🌸❤️

Old 03-02-2018, 09:16 AM   #882
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

williampcorgan
@smashingpumpkins: Lighting hearts on fire since 1988! Or: @smashingpumpkins: troubling tourists since 1988! @smashingpumpkins: meme-worthy since before the word 'meme' was invented!' Or: @smashingpumpkins: they put the diss back into function! Or: feigning ignorance for hipster hijinx, malevolence, and their need for repetitive self-assurance since before the internet created a pathway for absolution through communal mendacity! Or...
(I know, I know, too much time on my hands. But what am I to do? Hotel room blues. Tra La f'n La...

: think:

Old 03-02-2018, 09:58 AM   #883
myosis
Minion of Satan

the word meme was invented a long time ago

Old 03-02-2018, 10:18 AM   #884
slunken
Virgo

Go off, boy

Old 03-02-2018, 11:17 AM   #885
Oklahoma Sexual
Apocalyptic Poster

what a loser

Old 03-02-2018, 01:27 PM   #886
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster

"Emo before emo was cool"

Does anyone have that pic?

Old 03-02-2018, 01:33 PM   #887
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Still no decision yet on how or when to release the music...

https://i.imgur.com/0eTEyTG.png

Old 03-02-2018, 01:50 PM   #888
VoxUpDoc
Apocalyptic Poster

There’s no rush.

Maybe keep hold of the songs until you have more songs, and then when you’ve got about 40, send them to D’arcy to pick out the best 10. Add to that a JCC track and an Iha-penned track and you’ve got an album.

Old 03-02-2018, 02:13 PM   #889
shadow47
Demi-God

No use singing when can't sing for shit. I hope I can buy my kid a tshirt with some faces on it. Oh and SAOSB acronym is not gonna break the net.

Old 03-02-2018, 02:15 PM   #890
MplsTaper
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody View Post
There’s no rush.

Maybe keep hold of the songs until you have more songs, and then when you’ve got about 40, send them to D’arcy to pick out the best 10. Add to that a JCC track and an Iha-penned track and you’ve got an album.
Someone make sure this one gets to BC.

Old 03-02-2018, 09:40 PM   #891
enthusaroo
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoergosum View Post
This is the shit that people.. fans and casual fans alike hate. It's not rocket science.

Just fucking put a single out ASAP.. and make the album available online for a price that you choose. God fucking damn Billy Corgan and co. They're always making every release so unnecessarily complicated with "announcements of announcements" and stupid bullshit since 2008 like the different colored versions of Zeitgeist. Fucking idiot William. People just are curious to hear what the music sounds like now and feel whether it's good or not.

p.s: where is a studio version of Gossamer you fucking piece of shit.. that's one of the only non-garbage songs written by Corgan since 2000.

Old 03-02-2018, 10:00 PM   #892
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

i agree with you but this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by enthusaroo View Post
p.s: where is a studio version of Gossamer you fucking piece of shit.. that's one of the only non-garbage songs written by Corgan since 2000.
is fucking ridiculous. calling him a piece of shit for not releasing the one song you like while dismissing his entire post-2000 catalog in one fell swoop. it's like a shit-painting. i agree that gossamer is one of the only good songs of SP2 but he doesn't owe you anything

Old 03-02-2018, 10:03 PM   #893
slunken
Virgo

silverfuck was never meant to be recorded

Old 03-02-2018, 11:40 PM   #894
enthusaroo
Apocalyptic Poster

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post

is fucking ridiculous. calling him a piece of shit for not releasing the one song you like while dismissing his entire post-2000 catalog in one fell swoop. it's like a shit-painting. i agree that gossamer is one of the only good songs of SP2 but he doesn't owe you anything
lol

Old 03-03-2018, 03:15 AM   #895
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
"My face is my face, my heart is my heart, my money is my money. Oh, and my songs are MY songs. If you can't write your own songs maybe you should just be happy that you fooled someone into doing your work for you. Maybe you should go [somewhere] nice [and] live off your husband's money, [you] know, the money he made for writing all those great songs."

Old 03-03-2018, 04:18 AM   #896
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Strawdingle clip of the photoshooting at the Moon Fire Ranch:

Old 03-03-2018, 05:02 AM   #897
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corgan's Bluff View Post
Strawdingle clip of the photoshooting at the Moon Fire Ranch:

It's still fucking hilarious (especially after watching the BTS video) that they used THIS lame shot to promote the tour:

https://consequenceofsound.files.wor...jpg?quality=80

Old 03-03-2018, 07:37 AM   #898
pinetree
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoergosum View Post
It's still fucking hilarious (especially after watching the BTS video) that they used THIS lame shot to promote the tour
And hilarious that strawberry tried to take credit for bringing them to such an "obscure" location

Old 03-03-2018, 08:29 AM   #899
enthusaroo
Apocalyptic Poster

this "reunion" is going bad from start to finish

Old 03-03-2018, 10:19 AM   #900
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Billy, the lonesome worker. Once still the whole band hang out around him somewhere...

williampcorgan
Sang 2 songs yesterday (Solara, Alienation, in the keys of E minor and D major), which leaves only 'With Sympathy' left (a song written btw by @chamberdrums and I). So work continues to go well. But that doesn't stop me from waking up at 4 am, ears ringing, nerves a-ringing. The work a funny kind of toil that you both love and dread. But as someone wise said to me the other day, 'the fact that you still care is what's important'. Working this intimately again with @jamesihaofficial and Jimmy has been awesome, and makes me so proud of how hard we all work when pulling the same direction. 'the years burn...'
#smashingpumpkins
@smashingpumpkins
@jjjschroeder
#SP2018
#shinyohsobright
#disarm