Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Music Board Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06-13-2018, 04:51 PM   #61
Catherine Wheel
Banned

I bought the Starts first two albums too. I was a big fan back in the day. I still have Shakedown and play it every now and then. It’s really a shame they never hit it big. They had the killers sound a few years before the killers became a success. And I remember downloading songs by Kittie and seeing their videos on mtv. I was a more casual fan of Kittie.

Old 06-13-2018, 04:52 PM   #62
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Kittie always sucked.

theSTART sounded like The Killers? I want whatever you're smoking.

Old 06-13-2018, 04:56 PM   #63
Catherine Wheel
Banned

Shakedown doesn’t sound too different from hot fuss. They are both early 80s post punk / new wave with lots of hooks.

Old 06-13-2018, 05:03 PM   #64
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Old 06-13-2018, 05:08 PM   #65
Catherine Wheel
Banned

I’m not saying they sound exactly the same like the way white lies and the killers sound exactly the same. But they do both borrow from same time period and same genre. Hot fuss sounds like something from the early 80s and Shakedown does too.

Old 06-17-2018, 08:23 PM   #66
D.
Consume my pants.

NEW DEADSY?!

HOLY SHIT I NEVER THOUGHT I'D SEE THOSE WORDS TOGETHER

Old 06-17-2018, 08:24 PM   #67
D.
Consume my pants.

Being serious btw i love the two records they put out before disappearing off the face of the earth.

Old 06-17-2018, 08:24 PM   #68
D.
Consume my pants.

I'm assuming it's with Elijah Blue on vox. Otherwise they can fuck all the way off.

Old 06-17-2018, 09:31 PM   #69
ninsp
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. View Post
Being serious btw i love the two records they put out before disappearing off the face of the earth.
I enjoyed Gramercy Park.

Old 06-18-2018, 12:49 AM   #70
D.
Consume my pants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingGlobes View Post
One of the Deadsy dudes is married to Vera Farmiga.

If that were me, I'd spend my days playing with her butt and forget my music career altogether.
She is such a gorgeous woman.

Old 06-18-2018, 01:00 AM   #71
D.
Consume my pants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooney View Post
deaddy is your daddy!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingGlobes View Post
You like NIN? I couldn't tell.

Really, you should give us some kind of indication. Like, what's next, you also happen to like SP?
underrated posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catherine Wheel View Post
. Never had any hit songs. But developed a strong cult following. And they do chart on billboard. They are a Canadian group with a similar sound but with a female singer with an amazing voice. Ive known about them for a long time. Almost as long as Deadsy.
Saw TBM play a couple years ago. Very solid band. Nothing mind blowing but definitely mood-setting and reliable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninsp View Post
Years ago I saw Orgy at a club

They were bad

Jay Gordon’s new dubstep/trap sleaze music is hilarious
I gotta hear this shit - what's it called?

Also, i saw Orgy play for free (i think it was some buy one get one deal for some other show i really wanted to go to). It wasn't terrible but wasn't memorable except that the lead singer jumped off the "stage" and people sang Blue Monday w him. I did get a pic w him right after though im not really sure why. Like a year or two later i would play on that very stage w that dumb band i was in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catherine Wheel View Post
I cant really think of a lot of female fronted nu metal / industrial bands that are as big as TBM. Kittie come to mind. Human Waste Project never really got that big. And then they became The Start and The Start had a different sound and were even less successful. And Jack Off Jill were like Human Waste Project. They didn't last that long and never really got that big either.
I met kittie back in 2000. The ozzfest had rolled into town at a venue that i delivered sub sandwiches to. I was too tired to stick around for ozzy so i wandered around, stood in line for a kittie meet and greet and then scrammed.

Old 06-18-2018, 07:03 AM   #72
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

They were the best of times, they were the Durst of times.