Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Music Board Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10-17-2013, 01:54 AM   #31
noyen
Immortal

you gotta ask for feedback if you want it that much though. throwing a mix out there and expecting a flood of praise just won't happen in this world anymore. it might have happened like that a few years ago but now aint nobody got time for that shit unless you ask because everyone is too self absorbed and bean counting and has followers to acquire and spotify to recommend this is set up to get feedback and give it otherwise you are shamed and banned for life. these mix exchanges in the past have always been cool. kind of like the "what do you think of these netphorian" threads that used to happen where we all validated each others existence and told people what we thought of them in a nice list format and it was a big nice circle jerk that doesnt happen anymore.

and for me at least it is not just about ensuring someone will listen to your mix of songs, its that someone is also making a mix for you who doesnt know it's for you so it's like magical randomness and if everyone actually listens and reviews the mixes it is pretty rewarding reading what so and so person thinks of whatever mix you made. and then at the end i think everyone can access everyone elses mix after everyone has done their cross reviews.

Old 10-17-2013, 01:57 AM   #32
noyen
Immortal

i can't even read this board anymore this is going to be a problem for people who type tons of shit.

Old 10-17-2013, 02:03 AM   #33
slunken
Virgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by noyen View Post
kind of like the "what do you think of these netphorian" threads that used to happen where we all validated each others existence and told people what we thought of them in a nice list format and it was a big nice circle jerk that doesnt happen anymore.
i know this is why i decided to bow out and i shouldn't have said anything further. someone call me a name.

Old 10-17-2013, 02:05 AM   #34
slunken
Virgo

also i did the mix exchange before and i never got the vibe that it was specifically tailored for another netphorian. in fact i think the recipient was kept a secret as well.

Old 10-17-2013, 02:09 AM   #35
noyen
Immortal

because its not tailored for anyone in particular. you dont know who you're making it for. a person does actually get it. and you get to see who gets it after they review it. yes, you are stating exactly what happens. the point is you can make the mix whatever the fuck you want.

i don't get what your issue is with it i guess.

Old 10-17-2013, 02:18 AM   #36
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by slunken View Post
i know this is why i decided to bow out and i shouldn't have said anything further. someone call me a name.
GERALD!

Old 10-17-2013, 02:19 AM   #37
slunken
Virgo

like i said i shouldn't have said anything i don't want to keep the people from having a good time

Old 10-17-2013, 02:21 AM   #38
slunken
Virgo

as the greatest dj on this board its just hard for me not to want my family (all of you) to grow up and be strong on the decks like me

Old 10-17-2013, 02:21 AM   #39
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!

breeze fm

Old 10-17-2013, 02:22 AM   #40
slunken
Virgo

http://www.mzzt.net/garrydir/thumbs/...80aa0945d5.png

Old 10-19-2013, 01:45 PM   #41
Mo
Immortal

I already have an opener.

I kind of forgot how much I used to enjoy making these.