Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2009, 02:05 AM   #211
stumpycat
Apocalyptic Poster

Hmm...wow. Okay. This is really odd. Out of all the members Jimmy was the last one I suspected would go because of his seeming loyalty to Billy. I suspected that one of the newest members would leave first, or even that Billy himself would just decide to pack up his toys and go home (i.e. disband completely) when the revival of the band has not produced the notoriety or success he envisioned so much as it has generated intense criticism. Jimmy is Billy's poodle no more, eh?

The suddenness of this (in the midst of apparent plans) leads me to believe that there was some kind of falling out between the two. Jimmy seems like he is pretty damned happy to just get out there--without pretenses--and play away. I do wonder if Billy didn't alienate him by finally pushing the bullshit too far. At this stage Jimmy might well care about the integrity of "just playing music" as an artist far more than Billy. Despite claiming to care about some of the same things (even love of Jesus...LOL) it doesn't seem to be in Jimmy's personality to be comfortable operating with such a level of crass hypocrisy as Billy has exercised lately. I wonder what, exactly, Billy had concocted in terms of his scheme for the next release that proved so repulsive even Jimmy backed away as if it were a toxic waste spill?

Also, the health thing...yeah, health issues sound like a plausible reason. Except for the fact that at last word Jimmy was talking about more of less doing the same as he would be doing in SP...but just in another band. Yes, there's the touring aspect...but that could be a possibility in JCC as well (though on a much smaller scale of course)--not to mention that recording another album, and not touring, would be the focus of SP in the near future.

Last edited by stumpycat : 03-21-2009 at 02:32 AM.

Old 03-21-2009, 02:05 AM   #212
JJNelson
Pledge

Goddammit!

Old 03-21-2009, 02:06 AM   #213
redbull
Immortal

billy will be open, just like he was about james and darcy being asked to rejoin the band

Old 03-21-2009, 02:34 AM   #214
wHATcOLOR
THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

Location: || MY NAME IS KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID ROCK!!

monte horny, michael

Old 03-21-2009, 02:43 AM   #215
Marquee Moon
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumpycat View Post
The suddenness of this (in the midst of apparent plans) leads me to believe that there was some kind of falling out between the two. Jimmy seems like he is pretty damned happy to just get out there--without pretenses--and play away. I do wonder if Billy didn't alienate him by finally pushing the bullshit too far. At this stage Jimmy might well care about the integrity of "just playing music" as an artist far more than Billy. Despite claiming to care about some of the same things (even love of Jesus...LOL) it doesn't seem to be in Jimmy's personality to be comfortable operating with such a level of crass hypocrisy as Billy has exercised lately. I wonder what, exactly, Billy had concocted in terms of his scheme for the next release that proved so repulsive even Jimmy backed away as if it were a toxic waste spill?

I suspect you're right on this...

Old 03-21-2009, 02:47 AM   #216
JJNelson
Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumpycat View Post
The suddenness of this (in the midst of apparent plans) leads me to believe that there was some kind of falling out between the two.
Time will tell, but this seems the most likely cause to me. Notice Billy's official announcement doesn't have any kind words or well wishes for Jimmy, which I found a bit odd. Also, I might be reading too much into it, but it seems like Billy went out of his way to remind us that Jimmy didn't play on every Pumpkins album (perhaps to suggest that his services aren't necessary?). Hopefully we'll get some answers soon...

Last edited by JJNelson : 03-21-2009 at 03:09 AM.

Old 03-21-2009, 03:01 AM   #217
Sarcastic Smile
Amish Rake Fighter

Location: I fuck in my spare time, this is what I do at work you dumb bitch.-esty

fuck.. did not expect to come home to this

Old 03-21-2009, 03:06 AM   #218
Ugly
Immortal

Location: Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed

This is from a mod on SP dot com called Talking Head. I absolutely love how aggressive it is towards the unknown person reading it. We're all horrible people for saying anything nasty. But, the best thing about it, is that it's all IN BOLD.

---
To everyone that is saying Smashing Pumpkins is dead now that Jimmy is gone and Billy can't carry this alone:

How do you think it feels to lose a band member who you have grown such a musical rapport with, who you are connected to musically and beyond, someone you respect? Taking this into account, and the fact that Jimmy left the band, he wasn't exiled, how can you people continue saying Smashing Pumpkins is dead?

To me, you were never fans because you could not possibly be this heartless in a time that I am sure is not simple and easy for either Billy or Jimmy. You haven't even heard what Billy has to offer now that Jimmy wants to focus on the Jimmy Chamberlin Complex, and you're so quick to dismiss Billy and what remains of Smashing Pumpkins, ignoring the fact that it is still Smashing Pumpkins.

If Smashing Pumpkins, in the near or distant future, puts out music you decide you don't really enjoy, don't fucking listen. Don't come here posing as fans and spew your bullshit because a band you once loved isn't the same as they were 20 fucking years ago. Move on.

Smashing Pumpkins is still alive, and if you don't like this, FUCK YOU. You don't have to. But for decency's sake, be respectful to the emotions of both Billy and Jimmy and realise for once: THIS ISN'T ABOUT YOU.

Old 03-21-2009, 03:07 AM   #219
flavin
Ownz

sad

Old 03-21-2009, 03:17 AM   #220
redbull
Immortal

talkinghead also felt the need to PM me on why he doesn't like trent reznor

Quote:
I'm not going into this in a thread dedicated to Jimmy's departure. Trent has always been an asshole. This was something I used to be OKay with, as I'm an asshole, most of my friends are assholes, and his making asshole comments about Billy (because he has) and other members of other bands was perfectly fine with me, whatever. He's not the only one.

I've been PISSED at Reznor since he skipped the Minneapolis concert for reasons that were NEVER CLARIFIED and I've been skeptical of the thinking abilities of NIN fans since they drowned him in a plethora of "GET WELL SOON!"s when Reznor wasn't even fucking ill. It was first stated that he was advised not to go on stage because of his throat being fucked up, later changed to say a member of the band had fallen ill. Whatever. He dicked his fans, that pissed me off. I worked my ass off to get those tickets and he rescheduled and the person I wanted to go with ended up not going at all, and that was supposed to be a bonding experience for us, so I was more than a little peeved.

So Billy doesn't play what people want to hear at concerts. So he goes into rants that most people don't care about. So he gets pissed off at the crowds. Big deal, I don't fucking care. If Billy dicks his fans the way Reznor did, there would be no end to the complaints, no forgiveness, and (most assuredly) no "I WISH YOU WELL!"s. It's bullshit. So Trent is a talented man, I'm not arguing against that. The Fragile is one of my favourite albums of all time. OKay, two of my favourite albums. But I'm not making excuses for Trent anymore because I'm still fucking pissed at that man.

Old 03-21-2009, 03:22 AM   #221
dustrock
debunked!

Location: Part-alien, part-human, part-robot, part-star-crossed lover and part-mercury filled

fuck this shit, I have to keep a brave face during BSG finale, now this?

if this is an April Fool's joke, it's early and in poor taste.

more likely than not this is the very end of (t) SP.

Old 03-21-2009, 03:32 AM   #222
Sarcastic Smile
Amish Rake Fighter

Location: I fuck in my spare time, this is what I do at work you dumb bitch.-esty

Why even announce this shit now if you are not going to offer up some kind of explanation.. they dont really have anything going on.. couldn't it have waiting until they formed a better public statement.. he didnt even need to go into detail.. just something like "jimmy will be focusing on his solo career" or if it's because billy is a giant penis " jimmy is at a different place in his life now (family and such)"

Old 03-21-2009, 03:37 AM   #223
dustrock
debunked!

Location: Part-alien, part-human, part-robot, part-star-crossed lover and part-mercury filled

don't know if I can stomach listening to Billy after the whole "we love Ticketmaster and it is our whore/god, yet our manager is the CEO of Ticketmaster"

Old 03-21-2009, 03:39 AM   #224
Esty
Netphorian of the Decade

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugly View Post
This is from a mod on SP dot com called Talking Head. I absolutely love how aggressive it is towards the unknown person reading it. We're all horrible people for saying anything nasty. But, the best thing about it, is that it's all IN BOLD.

---
To everyone that is saying Smashing Pumpkins is dead now that Jimmy is gone and Billy can't carry this alone:

How do you think it feels to lose a band member who you have grown such a musical rapport with, who you are connected to musically and beyond, someone you respect? Taking this into account, and the fact that Jimmy left the band, he wasn't exiled, how can you people continue saying Smashing Pumpkins is dead?

To me, you were never fans because you could not possibly be this heartless in a time that I am sure is not simple and easy for either Billy or Jimmy. You haven't even heard what Billy has to offer now that Jimmy wants to focus on the Jimmy Chamberlin Complex, and you're so quick to dismiss Billy and what remains of Smashing Pumpkins, ignoring the fact that it is still Smashing Pumpkins.

If Smashing Pumpkins, in the near or distant future, puts out music you decide you don't really enjoy, don't fucking listen. Don't come here posing as fans and spew your bullshit because a band you once loved isn't the same as they were 20 fucking years ago. Move on.

Smashing Pumpkins is still alive, and if you don't like this, FUCK YOU. You don't have to. But for decency's sake, be respectful to the emotions of both Billy and Jimmy and realise for once: THIS ISN'T ABOUT YOU.
Fucking hypocrites. If I were to go off cursing up a storm at billy, they'd delete that shit faster than crapatricia fucks board members, but since it's at the fans, its ok to be a rude bastard. Looks like the board does take on bills persona afterall.

Old 03-21-2009, 03:48 AM   #225
TuralyonW3
Immortal

as if the band's story could get any more dramatic

Old 03-21-2009, 04:06 AM   #226
flyfire
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esty View Post
Fucking hypocrites. If I were to go off cursing up a storm at billy, they'd delete that shit faster than crapatricia fucks board members, but since it's at the fans, its ok to be a rude bastard. Looks like the board does take on bills persona afterall.

yeah it only took a few posts for PMM to close my thread asking if it hurt corgan inside that jim had left. And the mods are denying they can see that any threads have been closed/deleted.

Old 03-21-2009, 04:16 AM   #227
wHATcOLOR
THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

Location: || MY NAME IS KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID ROCK!!

as awful as i think he is, i hope old man bill doesn't end up killing himself

Old 03-21-2009, 04:29 AM   #228
DiscoJon
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugly View Post

---

Dammit Ugly, you beat me to it.

Sadly, this is the same attitude of the younger fans of the band. It weirds me out that seeing the "I Am One" video on 120 Minutes was my first SP experience and these idiot kids were in diapers at the time.

Old 03-21-2009, 04:32 AM   #229
Mariner
OB-GYN Kenobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbull View Post
talkinghead also felt the need to PM me on why he doesn't like trent reznor

Quote:
I'm not going into this in a thread dedicated to Jimmy's departure. Trent has always been an asshole. This was something I used to be OKay with, as I'm an asshole, most of my friends are assholes, and his making asshole comments about Billy (because he has) and other members of other bands was perfectly fine with me, whatever. He's not the only one.

I've been PISSED at Reznor since he skipped the Minneapolis concert for reasons that were NEVER CLARIFIED and I've been skeptical of the thinking abilities of NIN fans since they drowned him in a plethora of "GET WELL SOON!"s when Reznor wasn't even fucking ill. It was first stated that he was advised not to go on stage because of his throat being fucked up, later changed to say a member of the band had fallen ill. Whatever. He dicked his fans, that pissed me off. I worked my ass off to get those tickets and he rescheduled and the person I wanted to go with ended up not going at all, and that was supposed to be a bonding experience for us, so I was more than a little peeved.

So Billy doesn't play what people want to hear at concerts. So he goes into rants that most people don't care about. So he gets pissed off at the crowds. Big deal, I don't fucking care. If Billy dicks his fans the way Reznor did, there would be no end to the complaints, no forgiveness, and (most assuredly) no "I WISH YOU WELL!"s. It's bullshit. So Trent is a talented man, I'm not arguing against that. The Fragile is one of my favourite albums of all time. OKay, two of my favourite albums. But I'm not making excuses for Trent anymore because I'm still fucking pissed at that man.

That seems like it's kind of out of nowhere. Mr. head obviously got his panties in a twist over a canceled tour date and still hasn't loosened up. Last paragraph is especially fraught with wtf.

I'm sure Reznor's no saint, but a lot of people who've worked with / toured with NIN lately have only had really good things to say about him and the kind of ship he runs.

Old 03-21-2009, 04:37 AM   #230
1100ww
Ownz

Smashing Pumpkins.

I'd rather have a new lead singer than a new drummer.

Old 03-21-2009, 04:39 AM   #231
Esty
Netphorian of the Decade

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyfire View Post
yeah it only took a few posts for PMM to close my thread asking if it hurt corgan inside that jim had left. And the mods are denying they can see that any threads have been closed/deleted.
Boo-fucking-hoo! How about you stay over there cunt. You've basically left this place once it opened. You deserve how you're treated over there.

Old 03-21-2009, 04:39 AM   #232
Mariner
OB-GYN Kenobi

maybe it's time for jimmy to join tinted windows

Old 03-21-2009, 04:39 AM   #233
Kahlo

This has been a shitty few weeks for fans of SP :-(

(cue Esty with shitty few years statement)

Old 03-21-2009, 04:41 AM   #234
Kahlo

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariner View Post
maybe it's time for jimmy to join tinted windows
How did you know this? Only a select few people knew

Old 03-21-2009, 04:43 AM   #235
Esty
Netphorian of the Decade

I've been right about this garbage from the start, and in the past few months, more and more people actually tell me that i've been right. I said it then, and i'll say it now.

You can't make chicken salad out of chicken shit. Corgan is a complete total huge piece of chicken shit.

Last edited by Esty : 03-21-2009 at 04:54 AM.

Old 03-21-2009, 04:46 AM   #236
Esty
Netphorian of the Decade

Hey kahlo, why don't you do your job and delete talkingheads post for its negativity/rudeness?

Old 03-21-2009, 04:50 AM   #237
Kahlo

i wonder if JC always had plans to leave, and he joined just to give sp a comeback legitimacy
http://yglesias.thinkprogress.org/wp...infoil_hat.jpg

Old 03-21-2009, 04:57 AM   #238
flyfire
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esty View Post
Boo-fucking-hoo! How about you stay over there cunt. You've basically left this place once it opened. You deserve how you're treated over there.
relax. im agreeing with you and what you've said in this thread. and thank you for the welcome back

Old 03-21-2009, 05:02 AM   #239
Esty
Netphorian of the Decade

I don't care that you agree with me. How about you tell talkinghead that he's a fucking hypocrite and use all the foul language he did. Then tell all the mods that they're a bunch of fucking hypocrites if they delete your message and leave his up.

You're not going to though. You're a chicken shit just as much as corgan is. Thats why you should stay over there. Take that faggot cigarki with you too.

Old 03-21-2009, 05:07 AM   #240
threetwooneZERO
Apocalyptic Poster

I could care fucking less that Jimmy left. Good for him.

(all the while listening to "GO")

Let's see how long this shit lasts.