Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2012, 06:43 PM   #91
Rider
Minion of Satan

Location: I was born a snake handler, and I'll die a snake handler

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoergosum View Post
Did that actually happen?
I think someone asked Jimmy about this and the answer is no. It was basically Billy and Jimmy talking about Adore and Jimmy was showing Billy things he would have changed. Billy at some point mentions something like "Jimmy and I went into the studio and worked on the Adore tracks" this then grew into a legend that Billy rerecorded Adore with Jimmy. Think about it, it makes no sense that they would go in and redo an album.

Old 04-19-2012, 07:13 PM   #92
MonteLDS
*sigh*

Thumbs up

Quote:
• whatever you're going to release >>> make it available as FLAC files

Old 04-19-2012, 07:25 PM   #93
Pizza Club
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonteLDS View Post
eat shit

Old 04-20-2012, 02:08 AM   #94
starlightvideoproductions
Ownz

Might i add one of the Lollapalooza second stage shows? The set lists always looked pretty awesome.

Old 04-20-2012, 09:24 AM   #95
bs1933
Demi-God

I listened to a lot of the interview while I was getting ready this morning and it made me really optimistic. I like that he seems open to anything. We'll see how things go - but it feels good right now.

I know people have criticized about the "engaged consumer" or whatever the phrasing was. But I really get the whole energy exchange thing. I mean, it's really got to be a lot more work than it's worth and I think as fans we have a unique opportunity to hear material that fans of most other bands would never be able to obtain. And we certainly have a lot more potential for access without all the big label business in the way...

So we're spewing out all of these ideas of what we want - are they going anywhere - are we going to be able to see a tally of what is on the table for suggestion as we move forward? It just seems like a brainstorming meeting where no one is taking notes.

Defining what "everything" is - a few specific categories come to mind of things that I would like to see.

1. Studio recordings / demos of songs that didn't make the cut / Pistachio Medley tracks
2. Studio recordings / demos of songs that have much different versions than we are used to
3. Live recordings of unique shows (Double Door, Berlin Surprise Acoustic, Halloween, Bridge Schools, Lolla 2nd Stage, etc...)
4. Live recordings from each particular tour

On 2 - I'm sure others will disagree, but I personally have limited interest in alternate takes, and subtly different mixes. I'm more interested in things like all the differences between Ugly on the various demo tapes and the end result. I think he also mentions stuff like 1979 rock version, TOASE non distorted, etc...

On 4 - I would most like to hear 1-3 great shows from each tour / tour leg. For instance the MCIS tour had several different iterations between the Pajama sets and the later arena tours with different versions of Silverfuck, Space Jam and adding TAFH. This category includes the smaller tours Arising, 97 Euro Festivals, Residencies, etc...

Old 04-20-2012, 12:31 PM   #96
omoi
Pledge

LMGTWTY - Adore (Rick Rubin)

Old 04-20-2012, 02:33 PM   #97
slunken
Virgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bs1933 View Post
Defining what "everything" is - a few specific categories come to mind of things that I would like to see.

1. Studio recordings / demos of songs that didn't make the cut / Pistachio Medley tracks
2. Studio recordings / demos of songs that have much different versions than we are used to
3. Live recordings of unique shows (Double Door, Berlin Surprise Acoustic, Halloween, Bridge Schools, Lolla 2nd Stage, etc...)

On 2 - I'm sure others will disagree, but I personally have limited interest in alternate takes, and subtly different mixes. I'm more interested in things like all the differences between Ugly on the various demo tapes and the end result. I think he also mentions stuff like 1979 rock version, TOASE non distorted, etc...

On 4 - I would most like to hear 1-3 great shows from each tour / tour leg. For instance the MCIS tour had several different iterations between the Pajama sets and the later arena tours with different versions of Silverfuck, Space Jam and adding TAFH. This category includes the smaller tours Arising, 97 Euro Festivals, Residencies, etc...
goes for me too (although "on 2" you make it sound like you're not interested in alternative versions/mixes of known songs in the first sentence)

Old 04-21-2012, 01:55 AM   #98
mruci
Oblivious Virgin

halloween 1998/10/31 video

Old 04-21-2012, 06:51 AM   #99
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Lossless or no purchase. Simple.

Old 04-21-2012, 09:26 AM   #100
New Art Rioter
Apocalyptic Poster

This is ridiculous, we've had year after year of talk of opening the archives and doing this thing properly, and now we're back to "let the people decide"?!

Jesus wept! Make a decision and just get something out, something people are going to want and take it from there. Momentum from the free MP3s/mailing list = completely lost

Old 04-21-2012, 10:32 AM   #101
bs1933
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by slunken View Post
goes for me too (although "on 2" you make it sound like you're not interested in alternative versions/mixes of known songs in the first sentence)
I guess I mean I don't want to hear 10 takes of the same style Of soma or something. What I am interested in is something like a version of stumbleine with the band or all piano version of tonight. (just making this up). Hearing tweaked mixes of the same song that only audiophiles can perceive slight differences in the channels isn't really up my alley

Old 04-21-2012, 10:48 AM   #102
MonteLDS
*sigh*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickyshambles View Post
glad you've changed your tune after shoving a stick in the spokes of the first SPFC releases last year. i also remember buying a show in mp3 after you said it's fine to Brown.

you can't afford any more fuck ups, monte.
You have to have both options.

Old 04-21-2012, 07:22 PM   #103
JUnderscore
Demi-God

Without putting much thought into it, I'll say I want this:

1997/01/04 - Lawlor Event Center; Reno, NV, US
http://www.spfc.org/tours/date.html?tour_id=555

Old 04-21-2012, 11:37 PM   #104
slunken
Virgo

Jesus wept!

Old 04-21-2012, 11:52 PM   #105
Monet LSD
Ownz

Location: ...Talk about dedication, going all the way to the down under to read a rolling stones.

1996/04/24 - Palatrussardi; Milan, IT

Classic, excellent MCIS show, but the damn Italian radio DJs talk all over the songs, ruining them.

Old 04-22-2012, 09:20 PM   #106
Slurpee
Minion of Satan

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUnderscore View Post
Without putting much thought into it, I'll say I want this:

1997/01/04 - Lawlor Event Center; Reno, NV, US
http://www.spfc.org/tours/date.html?tour_id=555
I believe that hearing the Silverfuck jam for this show would complete my SP bootleg journey, because I've always been completely fascinated by the song's evolution from early January 97 to 2/05/97. So many unique, amazing performances in-between.

Old 04-23-2012, 03:27 AM   #107
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!

1997-02-05 would be nice.

Old 04-24-2012, 02:04 PM   #108
Rocket Launcher
Apocalyptic Poster

del

Old 04-24-2012, 02:28 PM   #109
slunken
Virgo

Jesus wept!

Old 04-25-2012, 04:02 AM   #110
redbull
Immortal

i would like to hear:
the arising tour rehearsals at blackbird studios if they actually exist
july 96 adore trio demos
rick rubin lmgtwty

and then any acoustic material not circulating

Old 04-25-2012, 12:34 PM   #111
dustrock
debunked!

Location: Part-alien, part-human, part-robot, part-star-crossed lover and part-mercury filled

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Art Rioter View Post
This is ridiculous, we've had year after year of talk of opening the archives and doing this thing properly, and now we're back to "let the people decide"?!

Jesus wept! Make a decision and just get something out, something people are going to want and take it from there. Momentum from the free MP3s/mailing list = completely lost
All that momentum.

Old 04-30-2012, 06:50 PM   #112
TheLucky13
Amish Rake Fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bs1933 View Post
I listened to a lot of the interview while I was getting ready this morning and it made me really optimistic. I like that he seems open to anything. We'll see how things go - but it feels good right now.

I know people have criticized about the "engaged consumer" or whatever the phrasing was. But I really get the whole energy exchange thing. I mean, it's really got to be a lot more work than it's worth and I think as fans we have a unique opportunity to hear material that fans of most other bands would never be able to obtain. And we certainly have a lot more potential for access without all the big label business in the way...

So we're spewing out all of these ideas of what we want - are they going anywhere - are we going to be able to see a tally of what is on the table for suggestion as we move forward? It just seems like a brainstorming meeting where no one is taking notes.

Thank you for your input. We are collecting both quantitative and qualitative data. Notes are definitely being taken and the results will help guide decisions that we will take as a team.

Old 04-30-2012, 06:52 PM   #113
TheLucky13
Amish Rake Fighter

Quote:
Good luck with the Lucky 13 project >>>

[from a new interview]

Source:
http://www.vmusic.com.au/pages/main-...lly-corgan-q-a
I wouldn't apply that quote to the Lucky 13 project. We have to ensure that the release recommendations that we make to Billy will at least break-even. So we do have to make sure that the demand for specific material is there.

Old 04-30-2012, 06:54 PM   #114
TheLucky13
Amish Rake Fighter

If you are interested in purchasing releases from the SP archives, please complete this survey (takes about 5 mins) - thanks! http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/TheLucky13Survey1

Old 04-30-2012, 07:56 PM   #115
CrabbMan
Amish Hoe Fighter

I might be interested in paying $1-2k for membership to a club where most of the archive material was available for download. Maybe instead of a collectible USB drive, a collectible external hard drive with a ton of unmastered shit that I could delve into myself.

*note, I paid a bunch for one of Billy's used guitars, so I probably represent a point pretty far on one side of the SP fan spectrum.

Old 04-30-2012, 08:53 PM   #116
Ball Sack Face
Banned

Lol

Old 04-30-2012, 09:08 PM   #117
sjpaterra
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrabbMan View Post
I might be interested in paying $1-2k for membership to a club where most of the archive material was available for download. Maybe instead of a collectible USB drive, a collectible external hard drive with a ton of unmastered shit that I could delve into myself.

*note, I paid a bunch for one of Billy's used guitars, so I probably represent a point pretty far on one side of the SP fan spectrum.

HEY, which guitar? was it one of those charity auctions for a BC signature strat? or do you have a real relic, like one of his gibsons or something?

Old 04-30-2012, 09:11 PM   #118
Eulogy
huh

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrabbMan View Post

wtf

Old 05-01-2012, 01:01 AM   #119
CrabbMan
Amish Hoe Fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjpaterra View Post
HEY, which guitar? was it one of those charity auctions for a BC signature strat? or do you have a real relic, like one of his gibsons or something?
It's an acoustic, Taylor 810, used on Adore and Machina and some of the tours of that era. You can see him play it at the Bridge School 1999 show.
It sounds great, and plays easy, but despite Billy's magical rockstardust on it, I'm still a shitty guitarist.

Old 05-01-2012, 01:02 AM   #120
CrabbMan
Amish Hoe Fighter

Last edited by CrabbMan : 05-01-2012 at 01:40 AM. Reason: just delete, sheesh.