Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12-10-2006, 06:48 PM   #1
Kahlo

Default Glass is not dead.

Well one of the things which I totally forgot about is one question which we asked the pumpkin queen regarding if Billy was still writing.

Apparently he is still working on a novel and plans to finish it in the future.

We have not heard the end of Glass, who will perhaps be developed into the novel as will the Machina Mystery, which will be unravelled layer by layer.

TPQ and Billy have also discussed the whole significance of the 13 thing, and the conspiracy theories by fans, also saying that Billy was impressed back in the day with some of the entries to the Machina story contest.

There has also been interest in creating a film for the project, and to be honest if this is true, I'm pretty hyped as I feel It was a great idea, just badly executed in the cartoons.

Old 12-10-2006, 06:51 PM   #2
drossbullet
to make this happen...

that is pretty cool. i love how billy can make something small... "Bye June", "Zero" and turn it into something huge.

Old 12-10-2006, 09:08 PM   #3
House of Bread
FKA Siamese33

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by drossbullet
that is pretty cool. i love how billy can make something small... "Bye June", "Zero" and turn it into something huge.
Actually, I hate how Billy can do that.

Old 12-10-2006, 06:52 PM   #4
Travis Meeks
Rambling on

I've been dying for more machina mystery stuff!!!

How awesome would it be if we had another contest?!?!?!?!?!?

Old 12-10-2006, 07:03 PM   #5
Future Boy
The Man of Tomorrow

Ok, so things are fucked. Best we know now.

Old 12-10-2006, 08:47 PM   #6
Reyngel
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Boy
Ok, so things are fucked. Best we know now.

Old 12-10-2006, 07:15 PM   #7
ryoga
Ownz

Is he writing his memoirs or a fictional story? Did she hint at what the theme of his novel may be?

Old 12-10-2006, 08:45 PM   #8
ratking17
Ownz

Who was the person that won the machina contest that got to go the final concert? does she post on here? I just remember it from the O-board. and if i recall, 2nd place got some autographed guitars...

Old 12-10-2006, 08:49 PM   #9
ryoga
Ownz

I think the girl that won the contest (tickets to the final show) was from portugal...but she didn't get to go...I don't remember her name though...I think it started with an "a"...was it "akasha"?...I don't know

EDIT: It was "akasha"...here is the winning entry http://www.spfc.org/news-press/artic...ontent_id=1405

Old 12-10-2006, 09:06 PM   #10
BumbleBeeMouth
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryoga
I think the girl that won the contest (tickets to the final show) was from portugal...but she didn't get to go...I don't remember her name though...I think it started with an "a"...was it "akasha"?...I don't know

EDIT: It was "akasha"...here is the winning entry http://www.spfc.org/news-press/artic...ontent_id=1405
maybe the new album will be better if billy doesnt try to get all this stuff into the album.

Old 12-10-2006, 08:55 PM   #11
ZWANPHONY
Apocalyptic Poster

she didn't go???

what a waste of time, it's not like the mystery was fun.

Old 12-10-2006, 08:56 PM   #12
ZWANPHONY
Apocalyptic Poster

i drew up a character for that shiz and it never made it, i don't think...

i also registered 'glass' with screenblast and they had to e-mail me about that saying that they would have to take it.

Old 12-10-2006, 09:08 PM   #13
Travis Meeks
Rambling on

ugh, I'm gonna throw up

Old 12-10-2006, 09:13 PM   #14
Elvis The Fat Years
007 373 5963

he can't do it. that's why the whole thing sucked.

Old 12-10-2006, 09:19 PM   #15
Travis Meeks
Rambling on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis The Fat Years
he can't do it. that's why the whole thing sucked.

well he did have everybody and their mother writing shit like this:

http://www.spfc.org/news-press/arti...content_id=1405

fuck face

Old 12-10-2006, 09:42 PM   #16
mirrar
Braindead

Talking

this whole thread is win.

Old 12-10-2006, 09:43 PM   #17
redbull
Immortal

OH BOY MORE MACHINA!!!!!

Old 12-10-2006, 09:54 PM   #18
Travis Meeks
Rambling on

Billy is a moron. This half assed "mystery" was the begining of the end for him and it cost him alot of fans. How can he not see this?

Old 12-10-2006, 09:58 PM   #19
Effloresce
Banned

If Billy puts the Glass thing into a separate novel and/or film I do not see a problem with this. But a lot of fans will get turned off if he brings it back into the music. I personally don't want to see it again. But if he's not going for a Machina sound, I don't think he would still keep the story for the album.

Old 12-10-2006, 10:05 PM   #20
waltermcphilp
Socialphobic

heres my impression of billy: "machin mystery, machina mystery, machina mystery, GAY!"

Old 12-10-2006, 10:09 PM   #21
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahlo
Apparently he is still working on a novel and plans to finish it in the future.
Did you ask something about that "very artistic children’s opera in three acts" by Billy?

Farewell the neighing steed and the shrill trump,
The spirit-stirring drum, the ear-piercing fife,
The royal banner, and all quality,
Pride, pomp, and circumstance, of glorious war!

Old 12-10-2006, 10:41 PM   #22
Shawn Osmond
Banned

Travis Meeks seems to forget that if you are not into the Machina storyline then you just DON'T FUCKING READ IT!! How hard is that for you to do, really? Just pull the new CD out of its case and throw the thing away if you're not interested in it.

And I love how Meeks is going all statistical on us and sayin that X number of people left as fans just because this storyline was *******d in the booklet, as if he has done some kind of study on it.

There hasn't been a Machina Mystery for seven years, i think you guys can live with one of these per decade.

Old 12-10-2006, 10:45 PM   #23
wHATcOLOR
THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

Location: || MY NAME IS KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID ROCK!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn Osmond
Travis Meeks seems to forget that if you are not into the Machina storyline then you just DON'T FUCKING READ IT!! How hard is that for you to do, really? Just pull the new CD out of its case and throw the thing away if you're not interested in it.

And I love how Meeks is going all statistical on us and sayin that X number of people left as fans just because this storyline was *******d in the booklet, as if he has done some kind of study on it.

There hasn't been a Machina Mystery for seven years, i think you guys can live with one of these per decade.

dude, he said "a lot of fans". does that really count for "going all statistical"?

also, wtf is up with that zwan car man!!!

Old 12-10-2006, 11:03 PM   #24
Travis Meeks
Rambling on

Quote:

Well, you are an idiot so I'm really not going to argue any anything here. However, I've been a big SP fan for a very long time (sorry, getting statistical again) and I can say with 100% certainty that the machina mystery was a disaster and it caused lots of fans to turn on him. It was the combination of the o board and the "mystery." After months of people trying to figure it out, reading alchemy books, and writing reports on what they thought it was, Corgan never even took the time to explain the story...he didn't even pick the winner until like two (sorry, statistics again) months after he said he would. Carry on if you wish but alot of fans were angered by the contest.

Old 12-10-2006, 11:25 PM   #25
Mablak
Minion of Satan

Location: Well, if it isn't my old friend, Mr. McGreg, with a leg for an arm and an arm for a leg!

Who gives a damn. The meaning of a song or album is how you interpret it, no one genuinely interested in interpreting music would care if Billy revealed his agenda for the album or not, if there really was a complex one. And who gives a fuck about fans getting turned off, with the pumpkins it's always been good music. Most of the fans who got turned off were the type who wouldn't give a song more than one listen if they didn't like it. The only reason people have gotten judgmental about some of the pointless crap Billy has done is because there's been nothing else to talk about for six years with no new material, I hope people can stop thinking about all this irrelevant shit and start liking the band for their actual music come the new album.

Old 12-11-2006, 12:38 AM   #26
Shawn Osmond
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis Meeks
Well, you are an idiot so I'm really not going to argue any anything here. However, I've been a big SP fan for a very long time (sorry, getting statistical again) and I can say with 100% certainty that the machina mystery was a disaster and it caused lots of fans to turn on him. It was the combination of the o board and the "mystery." After months of people trying to figure it out, reading alchemy books, and writing reports on what they thought it was, Corgan never even took the time to explain the story...he didn't even pick the winner until like two (sorry, statistics again) months after he said he would. Carry on if you wish but alot of fans were angered by the contest.
Did it ever occur to you that Billy never fully explained the Machina story or took his time with the contest because YOU took the whole Machina mystery thing alot more seriously than he or the band did? I mean, it seems like you're the one who's upset that there was never really an explanation given to the story, maybe because you spent too much time with it?

Obviously, its not the casual fans who were turned off by the whole Machina story. It was people like you, as well as most of the o-boarders, the ones who spent all of like 2000 getting caught up in all that crap. You guys were trying to make the Smashing Pumpkins into something more spiritual and more influential than what they actually were, which was simply a rock band who made a few albums and then went away.

Anyone who got angry about the essay contest obvioulsy didnt understand the reason why the Smashing Pumpkins existed in the first place, and it was good to get rid of them.

Old 12-11-2006, 03:44 AM   #27
Reyngel
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Did it ever occur to you that Billy never fully explained the Machina story or took his time with the contest because YOU took the whole Machina mystery thing alot more seriously than he or the band did? I mean, it seems like you're the one who's upset that there was never really an explanation given to the story, maybe because you spent too much time with it?

Obviously, its not the casual fans who were turned off by the whole Machina story. It was people like you, as well as most of the o-boarders, the ones who spent all of like 2000 getting caught up in all that crap. You guys were trying to make the Smashing Pumpkins into something more spiritual and more influential than what they actually were, which was simply a rock band who made a few albums and then went away.

Anyone who got angry about the essay contest obvioulsy didnt understand the reason why the Smashing Pumpkins existed in the first place, and it was good to get rid of them.

Clearly you didn't understand Machina. It was a selfish album. It articulated the perspective of the media's perseption of a mega rock star, and that's it. It was a 3rd person record. And unless you could relate to a rock star who had fame and fortune being thought of as someone who would believe a line like "if I were dead, would my record sell?" or having your band come to an end, then you couldn't relate to the album. And it's fucking dumb to argue that "the album can be interpreted in many ways!" That's true with most albums, but not with Machina. It was clearly written to be what Billy has already said it was, and nothing more. And that's why it's their worst album, and that's why it's liked the least out of anything the Pumpkins ever did. The sound and production of the album is only a contributing factor.

Old 12-11-2006, 08:20 AM   #28
tcm
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reyngel
Clearly you didn't understand Machina. It was a selfish album. It articulated the perspective of the media's perseption of a mega rock star, and that's it. It was a 3rd person record. And unless you could relate to a rock star who had fame and fortune being thought of as someone who would believe a line like "if I were dead, would my record sell?" or having your band come to an end, then you couldn't relate to the album.
all you have to be to relate to MACHINA is misunderstood.

Old 12-11-2006, 05:59 PM   #29
Travis Meeks
Rambling on

Quote:

umm, I probably spent an hour tops thinking of a glass/june connection. Billy created the fucking contest you douche, not me.

I did not write anything and I did not have a o board account

you're a fucking idiot and your assumptions are all wrong

go suck off davin

Old 12-10-2006, 11:08 PM   #30
Effloresce
Banned

Quote:

I understand what you're saying, but stop being such a dick about it.

Agreed, it probably was not the sole reason for fans getting turned off. I remember people complaining about the album's production just as much, if not more, than the whole Machina Mystery thing.