Originally Posted by scottytheoneand View Post
tonight i skipped a meal and will drink 4 beers

good times
how are you holding up scotty

Old 03-23-2017, 08:23 PM   #6512
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

holding up OK

my dad's death was actually kind of a relief. And i'm feeling better finally since my surgery last week. And on saturday i'm going to Ohio for a soccer match that i've been looking forward to for a while.

Old 03-23-2017, 08:30 PM   #6513
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingGlobes View Post
You know, I get your point about this, but just because she's choosing a dull but well-paying profession doesn't necessarily make her dull by association. Maybe she craves the security that comes along with a nice, lucrative career? Who knows what her background is. Maybe she grew up dirt poor and just wants to make sure she can be comfortable and independent? Being an artist won't make that happen for her.

You've probably already considered this fact, but I just thought it was worth mentioning.
True. I feel like there are certain "types" I am attracted to, but yeah, if the entire point is to expose myself to a variety of women (not in the "serial flasher" sense), maybe I should also try getting numbers from girls that don't immediately seem "my type."

Old 03-23-2017, 08:33 PM   #6514
Disco King
Minion of Satan

But also, do you think the reason that tattoo-artist girl stopped texting be is because she remembered that I ate all the soup on the first date, or because she remembered that I started our first interaction by complimenting her shoes?

This is a sign to lay off that. I did the opposite with the last number I got: I complimented her hat.

Old 03-23-2017, 08:51 PM   #6515
Elphenor
Braindead

Actually nvm don't wanna share about this yet

Last edited by Elphenor : 03-23-2017 at 09:04 PM.

Old 03-23-2017, 08:55 PM   #6516
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
just spent 70 bucks by myself at a bar and then found myself at home

the downward spiral continues
*welcome to my world*

Old 03-23-2017, 08:57 PM   #6517
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
yes, sadly 75% of my depression and anxiety focuses around sex and women and relationships.
Oh man, this guys got it easy

I've let anxiety surrounding that melt away long ago

Old 03-23-2017, 09:05 PM   #6518
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

everyone in the world is just like me

my experiences are indicative of universal truths

Old 03-23-2017, 09:25 PM   #6519
buzzard
Minion of Satan

I don't think he was talking about exposure to HPV, fuzz.

Old 03-23-2017, 09:26 PM   #6520
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

people who really don't like me and haven't changed their mind about it after years of exposure are definitely welcoming to my personal evaluation & advice

Old 03-23-2017, 09:55 PM   #6521
redbreegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post

I've let anxiety surrounding that melt away long ago
this means you've drank until this part of your brain died probably

Old 03-23-2017, 10:03 PM   #6522
redbreegull

me and my date from last weekend said we would go out again but I feel really unenthused. not sure if it's cause I just wanted it to be a good date and it was ehh or because I've been agonizing over my friend or both. It would be shitty of me to just never text her again but I feel really not into it right now

Old 03-23-2017, 10:05 PM   #6523
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

i 'd like to bring fuzzy to Vegas and give him $10k and free hookers and see what would happen

reality tv

Old 03-23-2017, 10:07 PM   #6524
redbreegull

Quote:
i 'd like to bring fuzzy to Vegas and give him $10k and free hookers and see what would happen

reality tv
he'd just drink himself to death before he even got to the hookers

Old 03-23-2017, 10:48 PM   #6525
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:

reality tv
Dude, Scotty. I'd take you up on that offer without taking any of your money. I think you could use a good Vegas Trip and I'd be honored to be at yourside for a weekend of prostitutes, gambling and drugs

Old 03-23-2017, 11:10 PM   #6526
Elphenor
Braindead

How are prostitutes worth it, or are they even

Old 03-24-2017, 08:09 AM   #6527
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Same as a burger I assume.

Buy, consume, regret.

Old 03-24-2017, 07:47 PM   #6528
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elphenor View Post
How are prostitutes worth it, or are they even
I feel like most johns probably don't buy sex because they are lonely or just aroused and need a sexual outlet, but because they like the power of being able to use their money to control another person for a while. So yeah, those people probably feel they are getting their money's worth when they purchase people.

I mean, I'm sure there are johns who aren't like this. But I don't think those johns are the ones picking up the hungry and vulnerable with addictions and mental illnesses from the streets.

Old 03-24-2017, 07:52 PM   #6529
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Looks like I have a date with the latest girl whose number I got for sometime next week. I dunno, I'm not super-pumped yet, because the short chat we had when I approached her didn't really reveal much for me to use to gauge my interest. But I guess that's what the date is for.

Probably the actual reason I'm not super-pumped is that that other girl that I felt I really clicked with never responded to my last text asking her out on another date. I really hope she just lost her phone or something and isn't just ghosting. Over text, she seemed to find my weird jokes really funny and told me I'm "awesome," and our actual date was real fun other than the soup incident.

I don't want to be that creep who double-texts, so I don't want to send another one until she picks up the conversation again. But if she doesn't, I guess that's the end of that chapter. There are probably plenty more people who I would click just as well with.

Old 03-24-2017, 07:54 PM   #6530
fuzzyroes
Banned

Last time I was walking down the legendary East downtown Vancouver this wholesome made up looking "prostitute" was trying to solicit me. This happened to me before back in the day too. The chick looked like the woman next-door made up to look "sexy" but it wasn't authentic enough to look like a prostitute, and she was too old for it to be her first walk in the park./

I'm pretty sure the cops have sting operations out there going on on a consistent basis.

Old 03-24-2017, 07:59 PM   #6531
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco King View Post
So yeah, those people probably feel they are getting their money's worth when they purchase people.
do you purchase people to fix your house or do your taxes?

Quote:
I mean, I'm sure there are johns who aren't like this. But I don't think those johns are the ones picking up the hungry and vulnerable with addictions and mental illnesses from the streets.
nickyoung.jpg

Old 03-24-2017, 08:01 PM   #6532
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
Last time I was walking down the legendary East downtown Vancouver this wholesome made up looking "prostitute" was trying to solicit me. This happened to me before back in the day too. The chick looked like the woman next-door made up to look "sexy" but it wasn't authentic enough to look like a prostitute, and she was too old for it to be her first walk in the park./

I'm pretty sure the cops have sting operations out there going on on a consistent basis.
The only time I've ever been solicited by a prostitute was also in East Hastings in Vancouver. There are some seedy areas in Calgary, but they are nothing compared to Vancouver. I've never once been approached by a prostitute in all my years in Calgary. It happened within my first couple of nights in Vancouver, though.

I dunno, she at first approached me for money, but I didn't have any, so she asked if I could buy her some food from McDonald's, and I said "sure." The whole walk there, she kept on asking if I wanted to visit her place, so I understood what her intention was, and I declined.

After I got her the food, she thanked me and asked me if I wanted to go back to her place again. Then she whispered in my ear that she would give me a blow job."

I was just like, "no, thanks; have a nice night!"

I dunno, I can't understand what kind of human being would actually take up that offer, taking advantage of somebody desperate and hungry enough to exchange sex for a Big Mac. I felt depressed for days after that, thinking about that episode and how awful it must be to be forced to survive in that way. I already didn't like johns, but this really cemented my distaste for them.

Old 03-24-2017, 08:07 PM   #6533
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotskilicious View Post
do you purchase people to fix your house or do your taxes?
Kinda predicted this would go into "all wage labour is people having to sell their time and energy in order to survive and is therefore exploitative" thing. But even granting that premise, I'm pretty sure we can all recognize that there is a sliding scale of exploitation.

Somebody doing your taxes isn't being taken advantage of by the system to the same extent as somebody who has to have sex with strangers to survive.

And I'm not talking about the prostitutes that have other options in life, but sell sex because they like doing it, and are secure enough to do it safely where risk to them is minimized and they can work within the boundaries of what acts they are comfortable with. I'm talking about the women who don't know where their next meal is coming from or if they'll still have shelter next month.

Old 03-24-2017, 08:19 PM   #6534
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco King View Post
I don't want to be that creep who double-texts, so I don't want to send another one until she picks up the conversation again. But if she doesn't, I guess that's the end of that chapter. There are probably plenty more people who I would click just as well with.
I think texting one more time is OK, it is possible it got lost in the ether

Old 03-24-2017, 08:33 PM   #6535
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Hmm. Yeah, maybe I will, but I'll give it a few days. Maybe I'll shoot her a text after the weekend.

There is another show coming up next Saturday, and it'll probably be better than the one I invited her to that would had been yesterday because it has some imo better bands. Hopefully that pans out.

Too bad it's probably gotten too warm to use RBG's ice skating idea. I still feel like that is a good idea for a date and I've not had the chance to use it yet.

Old 03-24-2017, 09:14 PM   #6536
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Damn, DK uses the term "johns" a lot. Is this a Canadian thing or is he just an old soul?

Old 03-24-2017, 09:14 PM   #6537
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBelle View Post
Same as a burger I assume.

Buy, consume, regret.
I've never regretted a single burger in my entire life.

Old 03-24-2017, 09:31 PM   #6538
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Whose smoken weeeeeeeeeeeeed tonite

(or vapen, sorry tookjon)

Old 03-24-2017, 09:36 PM   #6539
redbreegull

I'm gonna smoke mad weed and drink a lot of beers to celebrate legendary level cuck Speaker Paul Ryan

Old 03-24-2017, 09:37 PM   #6540
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingGlobes View Post
Damn, DK uses the term "johns" a lot. Is this a Canadian thing or is he just an old soul?
I thought that this was just the word for men who buy sex. Is it just a regional thing? I thought it was at least continent-wide, if not just common to the English-speaking world.