Netphoria Message Board


Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > Music News and Discussion
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Photo Album Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2006, 01:31 PM   #91
AndySlash

 
AndySlash's Avatar
 
Posts: 20,256
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimrod's Son
Are you fucking kidding me? What kind of condition is it in?
The vinyls a little dusty, and there are some minor creases in the sleeve, but otherwise it's definitely in good condition. I couldn't believe it when I saw it, especially since we had just discussed that very thing.

I'm currently upping a PJ mix for ChristHisself.

 
AndySlash is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 01:34 PM   #92
AndySlash

 
AndySlash's Avatar
 
Posts: 20,256
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimrod's Son
Yo Ryan, have you heard the '06 versions of LW yet? I wanted to DL the shows but .. shit, I'm out of space. I should have my new PC this weekend, but I'm curious if they're as good
I've only heard the Gorge 1 one, which Ed doesn't sing on and is more or less a two minute + detour in YL. From what I hear, Ed sings on the second night, but it certainly doesn't meet the Milwaukee one in terms of Mike being ON FUCKING FIRE.

 
AndySlash is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 01:36 PM   #93
AndySlash

 
AndySlash's Avatar
 
Posts: 20,256
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RopeyLopey
dude, even I could find it
BTW, that's the Chilis' Chad Smith on drums there, if Ed's introduction isn't clear enough.

 
AndySlash is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 01:39 PM   #94
Nimrod's Son
Master of Karate and Friendship
 
Nimrod's Son's Avatar
 
Location: in your butt
Posts: 72,957
Default

I am glad I got to see the only performance of Voodoo Chile live though.. McCready on vocals...

 
Nimrod's Son is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 01:40 PM   #95
Nimrod's Son
Master of Karate and Friendship
 
Nimrod's Son's Avatar
 
Location: in your butt
Posts: 72,957
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndySlash
I'm currently upping a PJ mix for ChristHisself.
You know you have to include the poser hits, right

 
Nimrod's Son is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 01:43 PM   #96
RopeyLopey
Braindead
 
RopeyLopey's Avatar
 
Posts: 15,492
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimrod's Son
You know you have to include the poser hits, right
what are the poser hits?

 
RopeyLopey is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 01:44 PM   #97
Rockin' Cherub
Braindead
 
Rockin' Cherub's Avatar
 
Location: the amazing year 400 million
Posts: 18,194
Default

yellow ledbetter

 
Rockin' Cherub is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 01:46 PM   #98
AndySlash

 
AndySlash's Avatar
 
Posts: 20,256
Default

Man, I just got chills watching that. That's the first time I've ever seen a video of it.

 
AndySlash is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 01:47 PM   #99
Pretzel Logic
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Pretzel Logic's Avatar
 
Location: someone more...punk rock?
Posts: 3,562
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RopeyLopey
dude, even I could find it
i'm an idiot, i never thought of going to youtube

 
Pretzel Logic is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 01:51 PM   #100
Nimrod's Son
Master of Karate and Friendship
 
Nimrod's Son's Avatar
 
Location: in your butt
Posts: 72,957
Default



Gorge II

 
Nimrod's Son is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 01:52 PM   #101
Nimrod's Son
Master of Karate and Friendship
 
Nimrod's Son's Avatar
 
Location: in your butt
Posts: 72,957
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RopeyLopey
what are the poser hits?
Alive/Evenflow/Jeremy

 
Nimrod's Son is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 01:53 PM   #102
Rockin' Cherub
Braindead
 
Rockin' Cherub's Avatar
 
Location: the amazing year 400 million
Posts: 18,194
Default

no those are just the hits. minus poser

 
Rockin' Cherub is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 01:56 PM   #103
Nimrod's Son
Master of Karate and Friendship
 
Nimrod's Son's Avatar
 
Location: in your butt
Posts: 72,957
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin' Cherub
no those are just the hits. minus poser
They're what the posers in the brand new PJ shirts with the beer in hand at the concert respond are their favorite songs after they brag about being the biggest PJ fans ever

 
Nimrod's Son is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 02:01 PM   #104
Rockin' Cherub
Braindead
 
Rockin' Cherub's Avatar
 
Location: the amazing year 400 million
Posts: 18,194
Default

i thought the poser hits were the songs actual gen-x-ers that look like they should've been over pearl jam 10 years ago request. like, popular b sides. YELLOW LEDBETTER

 
Rockin' Cherub is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 02:03 PM   #105
Nimrod's Son
Master of Karate and Friendship
 
Nimrod's Son's Avatar
 
Location: in your butt
Posts: 72,957
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin' Cherub
i thought the poser hits were the songs actual gen-x-ers that look like they should've been over pearl jam 10 years ago request. like, popular b sides. YELLOW LEDBETTER
you don't have to request YL. that's like going to a restaurant and "requesting" a menu. you're getting a fucking menu anyway, so just sit down, shut up, and wait

 
Nimrod's Son is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 02:04 PM   #106
AndySlash

 
AndySlash's Avatar
 
Posts: 20,256
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimrod's Son
Alive/Evenflow/Jeremy
I did put a live version of Alive on there. The studio Black is on it as well.

 
AndySlash is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 02:07 PM   #107
AndySlash

 
AndySlash's Avatar
 
Posts: 20,256
Default

I'd love it if they opened a show with YL. PJ fans are conditioned to head for the exits when this one comes on, so I might be able to sneak a good seat when everyone blindly leaves.

 
AndySlash is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 02:14 PM   #108
Nimrod's Son
Master of Karate and Friendship
 
Nimrod's Son's Avatar
 
Location: in your butt
Posts: 72,957
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndySlash
I'd love it if they opened a show with YL. PJ fans are conditioned to head for the exits when this one comes on, so I might be able to sneak a good seat when everyone blindly leaves.
I just wish:

They'd fix my number
They'd only allow one show per member

 
Nimrod's Son is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 02:21 PM   #109
RopeyLopey
Braindead
 
RopeyLopey's Avatar
 
Posts: 15,492
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimrod's Son
Alive/Evenflow/Jeremy
oh. I was expecting some less known songs that not everybody knows, you know that you say it and then they give each other a wink.

 
RopeyLopey is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 02:25 PM   #110
AndySlash

 
AndySlash's Avatar
 
Posts: 20,256
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimrod's Son
They'd only allow one show per member
Nah. I do like the idea of having the ability to designate one of how many ever shows you are going to a 'hometown show' and those folks at their 'hometown' show get the best seats first, then seniority follows. Doesn't seem at all unreasonable.

 
AndySlash is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 02:25 PM   #111
Rockin' Cherub
Braindead
 
Rockin' Cherub's Avatar
 
Location: the amazing year 400 million
Posts: 18,194
Default

yeah. like yellow ledbetter.

 
Rockin' Cherub is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 02:44 PM   #112
Nimrod's Son
Master of Karate and Friendship
 
Nimrod's Son's Avatar
 
Location: in your butt
Posts: 72,957
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndySlash
Nah. I do like the idea of having the ability to designate one of how many ever shows you are going to a 'hometown show' and those folks at their 'hometown' show get the best seats first, then seniority follows. Doesn't seem at all unreasonable.
That would be fine as well. It's just that I'd rather have one super duper awesome show than go to 2 good ones, if that makes sense.

 
Nimrod's Son is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 02:54 PM   #113
AndySlash

 
AndySlash's Avatar
 
Posts: 20,256
Default

Alright, Christ, my lord and savior. Here you go:

hxxp://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=3BAA39AF53B56FF9


I took some of my picks out and put others in. I've arranged it as sort of a pseudo live show (meaning that a concert with all these songs featured might go like this), with the 'Aye Davanita' and 'Foldback' instrumentals serving as the encore breaks.

Tracklist

1. Of the Girl (Binaural)
2. Breakerfall (Binaural)
3. Glorified G (Vs)
4. Save You (Riot Act)
5. Education (Lost Dogs)
6. Immortality (Vitalogy)
7. Down (I Am Mine B-Side)
8. Sad (Lost Dogs)
9. Man Of the Hour (Man Of the Hour single)
10. Black (Remixed Greatest Hits version)
11. Alone (Go single)
12. Driven To Tears (Police cover, Live- Buffalo '03)
13. W.M.A. (Vs)
14. Brain Of J. (Yield)
15. Hitchhiker (Lost Dogs)
16. State Of Love And Trust (Singles soundtrack)
17. Do the Evolution (Yield)
-----
18. Aye Davanita (Vitalogy)
-----
19. Untitled (I'm Still Here) (Unreleased)
20. Hard To Imagine (Chicago Cab soundtrack)
21. Masters Of War (Dylan cover, Live At Benaroya Hall)
22. Footsteps (Jeremy single)
23. Once (Remixed Greatest Hits version)
24. Alive (Live- Philadelphia '05)
-----
25. Foldback (Touring Band 2000 DVD)
-----
26. Crown Of Thorns (Mother Love Bone cover, Live- Las Vegas '00)
27. Indifference (Vs)
28. Leaving Here (High Numbers (pre-Who) cover, Home Alive compilation)
29. Baba O'Riley (Who cover, Live- MSG I '03)
30. Yellow Ledbetter (Jeremy single)


You'll note that there's no songs from No Code on here. I had Who You Are on my list, but just couldn't find a good spot for it. Maybe that's a reason they haven't played it in nearly 10 years.

Amen

Last edited by AndySlash : 08-02-2006 at 03:05 PM.

 
AndySlash is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 03:18 PM   #114
ChristHimself!
mental problems angel
 
ChristHimself!'s Avatar
 
Location: i want u 2 caress me like a tropical priest
Posts: 20,587
Default

awesome! thankyou sir, downloading now! +rape

 
ChristHimself! is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 03:20 PM   #115
Nimrod's Son
Master of Karate and Friendship
 
Nimrod's Son's Avatar
 
Location: in your butt
Posts: 72,957
Default

No love for Crazy Mary in this thread yet, huh

 
Nimrod's Son is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 03:27 PM   #116
AndySlash

 
AndySlash's Avatar
 
Posts: 20,256
Default

Somebody mentioned it. In ALL CAPS even. Personally, I got tired of it after the 03 tour.

 
AndySlash is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 03:38 PM   #117
Pretzel Logic
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Pretzel Logic's Avatar
 
Location: someone more...punk rock?
Posts: 3,562
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimrod's Son
No love for Crazy Mary in this thread yet, huh
i had that as one of my favorite b-sides/rarities/covers

 
Pretzel Logic is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 03:39 PM   #118
Pretzel Logic
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Pretzel Logic's Avatar
 
Location: someone more...punk rock?
Posts: 3,562
Default

Black has got to be my favorite live song. I love when the whole crowd sings along during the "why can't it be mine" part.

 
Pretzel Logic is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 03:41 PM   #119
Nimrod's Son
Master of Karate and Friendship
 
Nimrod's Son's Avatar
 
Location: in your butt
Posts: 72,957
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndySlash
Somebody mentioned it. In ALL CAPS even. Personally, I got tired of it after the 03 tour.
Live is one thing. That's one of the few songs I prefer the album version.

I don't think they've ever done justice live to either that or I Got Shit

 
Nimrod's Son is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 03:43 PM   #120
Nimrod's Son
Master of Karate and Friendship
 
Nimrod's Son's Avatar
 
Location: in your butt
Posts: 72,957
Default

I still haven't been able to find the LA Porch preset

 
Nimrod's Son is offline
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Google


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:10 PM.




Smashing Pumpkins, Alternative Music
& General Discussion Message Board and Forums
www.netphoria.org - Copyright 1998-2019