Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 06-17-2016, 03:22 PM   #1591
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

When I got busted a bunch of years ago I couldn't smoke for ~5 months and just became an alcoholic. I was drinking 3 beers every night to be able to chill out enough to fall asleep. Once I could smoke again I was so happy and excited I just dropped the booze habit no problem. I guess I am generally substance dependent since I had to jump to a different drug when I couldn't have my first choice, but I'm also glad that my drug of choice is the most innocuous one.

Old 06-17-2016, 03:28 PM   #1592
ilikeplanets
Braindead

I smoke weed all day and it helps me every bowl

Old 06-17-2016, 03:29 PM   #1593
yo soy el mejor

when i got my dui i started smoking weed until i got busted on a random drug test. then i switched to coke and other hard drugs cause they didn't stay long in my stystem.

Old 06-17-2016, 03:30 PM   #1594
ilikeplanets
Braindead

I use it for physical and emotional pain though, so there is always a noticeable effect even though my tolerance is high it makes my stomach stop hurting, super stoned or not

Old 06-17-2016, 03:31 PM   #1595
yo soy el mejor

being stoned just makes me feel silly.

Old 06-17-2016, 03:35 PM   #1596
redbreegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikeplanets View Post
I smoke weed all day and it helps me every bowl
do you still actually get high? or is it more a feeling of well-being or comfort?

I guess tolerance is different for different people, but I can't imagine still feeling any of the perception-altering effects of weed if I smoked all day. When I do drugs, I want it to take me to another place, you know?

I had a professor who told me, "The reason people use drugs is to remind us that we have selves other than our usual selves."

Old 06-17-2016, 03:54 PM   #1597
Disco King
Minion of Satan

I've never had a dependent relationship with illicit substances, but I sometimes feel like the relationship I have with sugar is pretty close to an addiction (I just don't use the term "addiction" because I don't know if the majority of researchers in the field recognize "sugar addictions"). I eat an unhealthy amount of candy every day. Sometimes the cravings have been so bad that, even though I tend not to keep much bad food in my home, I won't be able to concentrate on anything unless I walk to the nearest corner store pick up a bunch of sweets. There have been times where, in the absence of candy or sweets, I found myself eating raw sugar. Just spoonfuls of it.

Also, I think some of my habits seem to follow addictive patterns. Like my internet usage.

I think that's why I don't do drugs that frequently. I'm afraid that I am more prone to addictions, so I want to limit my exposure. I still like to get high from time to time, but I probably smoke weed less than once a month. I don't even drink all that often.

It's weird, I read that there was some correlation between sugar habits and being the child of an alcoholic. Makes me wonder if part of being predisposed to habits is genetic.

Old 06-17-2016, 03:56 PM   #1598
Rafalski
Pledge

marijuana makes my day

Old 06-17-2016, 03:57 PM   #1599
yo soy el mejor

when i was little we would mix 1/2 cup sugar with kool-aid powder and just dip our fingers in it until it was all gone. i tried to stick to lemonade to avoid having colored fingers.

Old 06-17-2016, 05:09 PM   #1600
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco King View Post
I've never had a dependent relationship with illicit substances, but I sometimes feel like the relationship I have with sugar is pretty close to an addiction (I just don't use the term "addiction" because I don't know if the majority of researchers in the field recognize "sugar addictions"). I eat an unhealthy amount of candy every day. Sometimes the cravings have been so bad that, even though I tend not to keep much bad food in my home, I won't be able to concentrate on anything unless I walk to the nearest corner store pick up a bunch of sweets. There have been times where, in the absence of candy or sweets, I found myself eating raw sugar. Just spoonfuls of it.

Also, I think some of my habits seem to follow addictive patterns. Like my internet usage.

I think that's why I don't do drugs that frequently. I'm afraid that I am more prone to addictions, so I want to limit my exposure. I still like to get high from time to time, but I probably smoke weed less than once a month. I don't even drink all that often.

It's weird, I read that there was some correlation between sugar habits and being the child of an alcoholic. Makes me wonder if part of being predisposed to habits is genetic.
You can be addicted to most things... I think eating raw sugar out of the bag is a good indicator that you might very well be. Have you tried cutting back? I mean out of all the addictions you could have, sugar is not terrible but it's definitely not harmless. Lots of calories

Old 06-17-2016, 05:36 PM   #1601
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
do you still actually get high? or is it more a feeling of well-being or comfort?

I guess tolerance is different for different people, but I can't imagine still feeling any of the perception-altering effects of weed if I smoked all day. When I do drugs, I want it to take me to another place, you know?

I had a professor who told me, "The reason people use drugs is to remind us that we have selves other than our usual selves."
I still get a buzz that I notice, especially with the way music sounds. I can feel myself get more easily distracted too, which is a good thing for me cuz I can get too focused and anxious

Old 06-17-2016, 05:49 PM   #1602
redbreegull

I imagine it is possible to be addicted to sugar.

I know there has been research done on processed foods like fast food and shit with trans fats, and to some people that shit can be addictive like hard drugs.

Old 06-17-2016, 07:26 PM   #1603
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

I was a 24/7 pot smoker for a year or two. It still gets you high but it's not nearly as inebriating as it is doing it even once per day. Compared to doing it once a week, it's like a different drug. A really enjoyable one, though, that affords some euphoria or at least a good mood and the ability to make boring things interesting and make interesting things really fucking interesting. Whenever I smoke pot now (which is super rare) I am basically stuck to the bed and not able to form logical thoughts. One of the last times I smoked I couldn't even play a computer game, it was too complicated. I would probably suck on guitar as well, when for a while it definitely helped with guitar creativity. I'm stoned on almost all of the recordings I have on soundcloud.

Old 06-17-2016, 08:48 PM   #1604
ilikeplanets
Braindead

I've smoked as much as possible for 10 years. I aim for 24/7 but of course I've had a dry spell here and there. At this point I don't think I'll ever slow down or stop by choice, my moods are extremely unstable without it lol. I don't lash out or anything, well not often, but internally I am either screaming or completely numb when I'm sober. Issues. But I feel pretty content when I have weed so it seems to work for me. Just wish I could buy it at the store like in Washington instead of using a dealer. I hate having to work around dealers schedules..

Old 06-17-2016, 08:50 PM   #1605
ilikeplanets
Braindead

What I really need to do it quit cigarettes again, my cough is coming back. I smoked for five, quit for four, and have been smoking for about two years again. Idiot call considering I have asthma and I can't afford them like, at all.

Old 06-17-2016, 09:10 PM   #1606
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

I also used to smoke and have asthma. Mine is considered moderately persistent, meaning I need controller medicine every day or I risk attacks. I still miss some days though because I'm careless. Once in a while I get a fairly mild attack and it's not unusual for me to wheeze a bit. I had terrible wheeezing when I smoked, and ended up in the hospital several times. One time a doctor told me I would die 'any day now' if I didn't stop.

I didn't have asthma before I smoked drugs and cigarettes and am fairly certain I scarred my lungs and brought it upon myself.

Old 06-17-2016, 10:19 PM   #1607
Rafalski
Pledge

damn

Old 06-17-2016, 10:30 PM   #1608
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

Quote:

yeah this is kind of a thing.
i definitely didn't get fucked up with it every night. it would just be this lulling feeling of calmness. and it would get me sleepy.

i've definitely been drinking a lot more in Shanghai, though - i never used to drink much at all, and here i probably do it 2-4 times a week. my alchohol tolerance is still worthless though - one or two beers and i got a significant buzz going. well for me it's actually great, cause i don't really like the taste of beer and just enjoy getting drunk.

Old 06-17-2016, 11:40 PM   #1609
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Quote:
someone was just telling me that what is colloquially called "mushrooms" could actually be either of 2 different drugs found in different mushrooms. is that true?
I've only ever heard of psilocybin.

Quote:
I imagine it is possible to be addicted to sugar.

I know there has been research done on processed foods like fast food and shit with trans fats, and to some people that shit can be addictive like hard drugs.
I've read some stuff that says that the same centers of the brain that show activity during cocaine use light up during sugar consumption. Although I remember reading something that said all the articles calling sugar "as addictive" as drugs were misleading and explaining why, but I can't find it anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
You can be addicted to most things... I think eating raw sugar out of the bag is a good indicator that you might very well be. Have you tried cutting back? I mean out of all the addictions you could have, sugar is not terrible but it's definitely not harmless. Lots of calories
I used to be able to tell myself, "today, I won't eat any candy" and be able to stick with it. Or even go a week without it. I once went a month without candy.

But each time I tried that again, the duration of time that I was able to keep away from it dwindled, and now I usually can't even make the day if I tell myself not to eat any.

Old 06-17-2016, 11:51 PM   #1610
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Found somebody that'll hook me up with some mescaline, but I just realized I don't even know how it's usually taken. I've heard of some people just eating the cactus raw, or grating it and boiling it and evaporating it until they are left with the extract. I have no idea what form it's coming in, so I have no idea how much to buy. At first I was like, "a couple grams" (because a single dose could be ~500mg), but then I was like, wait, maybe this isn't the pure crystal like DMT, so a couple of grams of the product I'm buying wouldn't equal a couple of grams of the active ingredient itself.

If it is in crystal form, how is that usually taken? It looks like some people dissolve it in a drink, but is that the most common or best way?

Old 06-18-2016, 12:24 AM   #1611
Rafalski
Pledge

eat a whole cactus

Old 06-18-2016, 12:35 AM   #1612
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Just did it. I hallucinated my mouth was bleeding from the needles.

Oh wait...

Oh shit.

Old 06-18-2016, 02:22 AM   #1613
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Don't eat the cactus raw, the skin will be pretty indigestible. So it's San Pedro cactus right? About a foot of cactus made into tea for one person, unless it's like realllly fat do like 9 inches.if it's peyote buttons then you can just eat them dried, around ten of them.

Old 06-18-2016, 02:09 PM   #1614
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
unless it's like realllly fat do like 9 inches.
That's what Foolofatook said that she said

Old 06-18-2016, 04:12 PM   #1615
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Also it's psilocybin and psilocin you're probably thinking of, those two psychoactive alkaloids are in almost every magic mushroom

Old 06-18-2016, 04:16 PM   #1616
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Unless you're thinking of amanita muscaria which look like Mario mushrooms but are more of a deliriant than a psychedelic

Old 06-18-2016, 04:19 PM   #1617
slunken
Virgo

After not having any for about a decade I've been in the mood for some mushrooms.

Old 06-18-2016, 04:38 PM   #1618
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Tis the season

Old 06-18-2016, 04:44 PM   #1619
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Don't eat the cactus raw, the skin will be pretty indigestible. So it's San Pedro cactus right? About a foot of cactus made into tea for one person, unless it's like realllly fat do like 9 inches.if it's peyote buttons then you can just eat them dried, around ten of them.
Yeah, I have no idea if it's San Pedro, peyote, synthetic, or what. The guy hasn't texted me back yet.

I saw one guy say that you can eat the skin so long as you don't eat the waxy part, but he also said that it tastes awful. Tea would probably be better.

Old 06-18-2016, 06:25 PM   #1620
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

duovamp beach beercation bender tally

Shocktop: 1
Dogfish 60: 1