Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2017, 11:01 PM   #3691
fuzzyroes
Banned

It's the internet, you can find find any sort of "source" you want.

With that said, I'm not exactly sure that I'd put very much stock in "verywell.com"

What you're basing your whole premise on is the simple fact that there's simply a lack of thorough studies (even fewer with the recent 10X stronger strains) that have been conducted to "conclusively" point to as a fact. But that isn't to suggest that it's not common sense to doctors that it puts you at a greater cancer risk.

Old 09-27-2017, 11:02 PM   #3692
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
It's the internet, you can find find any sort of "source" you want.

With that said, I'm not exactly sure that I'd put very much stock in "verywell.com"

What you're basing your whole premise on is the simple fact that there's simply a lack of thorough studies that have been conducted to "conclusively" point to as a fact. But that isn't to suggest that it's nearly common sense to doctors that it puts you at a greater cancer risk.
god get your fucking GED you moron. is there ANYTHING you DO understand?

Old 09-27-2017, 11:06 PM   #3693
fuzzyroes
Banned

Just think of it from a purely physical, simple mindset. You're consistently filling your lungs with tar and smoke on a daily basis. The human form hasn't evolved to deal with that. It's an inherently unhealthy thing to partake in no matter what it is you're smoking.

Old 09-27-2017, 11:07 PM   #3694
redbreegull

Quote:
Just think of it from a purely physical, simple mindset. You're consistently filling your lungs with tar and smoke on a daily basis. The human form hasn't evolved to deal with that. It's an inherently unhealthy thing to partake in no matter what it is you're smoking.
"my intuition is better than science"

Old 09-27-2017, 11:08 PM   #3695
redbreegull

"it doesn't matter that the sources you post discuss the analysis and synthesis of many studies, they don't show what I already believe so I'm going to say something retarded about how you can find anything you want on the internet"

Old 09-27-2017, 11:09 PM   #3696
ilikeplanets
Braindead

smoke lavender instead

Old 09-27-2017, 11:09 PM   #3697
ilikeplanets
Braindead

some weird lady says it's relaxing

Old 09-27-2017, 11:10 PM   #3698
ilikeplanets
Braindead

today i had to get letters of recommendation from professors i had 6 years ago.....somehow two of them went for it

Old 09-27-2017, 11:15 PM   #3699
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Is it safe to smoke if your lungs have grown human-like teeth and round up livestock on command?

Old 09-27-2017, 11:16 PM   #3700
ilikeplanets
Braindead

According to the people in North Carolina, yes

Old 09-27-2017, 11:16 PM   #3701
redbreegull

those would be very evolved lungs indeed

Old 09-27-2017, 11:19 PM   #3702
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
we already know you don't believe in science you uneducated hick, no further proof is required.

ok, second time I'll ask for evidence. so far I am the only one to cite a source
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2516340/

Quote:
Methods:

A case-control study of lung cancer in adults ≤55 years of age was conducted in eight district health boards in New Zealand. Cases were identified from the New Zealand Cancer Registry and hospital databases. Controls were randomly selected from the electoral roll, with frequency matching to cases in 5-year age groups and district health boards. Interviewer administered questionnaires were used to assess possible risk factors including cannabis use. The relative risk of lung cancer associated with cannabis smoking was estimated by logistic regression.

Results:

There were 79 cases of lung cancer and 324 controls. The risk of lung cancer increased 8% (95% CI 2% to 15%) for each joint-year of cannabis smoking, after adjustment for confounding variables including cigarette smoking, and 7% (95% CI 5% to 9%) for each pack-year of cigarette smoking, after adjustment for confounding variables including cannabis smoking. The highest tertile of cannabis use was associated with an increased risk of lung cancer RR=5.7 (95% CI 1.5 to 21.6), after adjustment for confounding variables including cigarette smoking.

Conclusions:

Long term cannabis use increases the risk of lung cancer in young adults.

Keywords: Cannabis, tobacco, lung cancer, case-control
Quote:

JOURNAL ARTICLE
Marijuana use and risk of lung cancer: a 40-year cohort study

Russell C. Callaghan, Peter Allebeck and Anna Sidorchuk
Cancer Causes & Control
Vol. 24, No. 10 (October, 2013), pp. 1811-1820
In Table 3, the results of crude, tobacco-adjusted and fully adjusted analyses for the association between marijuana use ("ever vs. never") and lung cancer showed that lifetime use of cannabis ("ever vs. never") was significantly associated with lung cancer in the crude analyses, although adjustment for tobacco smoking greatly attenuated the risk, making the association nonsignificant; further adjustment for alcohol use, history of respiratory conditions at conscription, and SES in 1970 did not affect the estimates. In Table 4, heavy cannabis use, defined as self-report of smoking marijuana more than 50 times in lifetime, was significantly associated with more than a twofold risk of lung cancer [HR 2.12 (95 % CI 1.08-4.14)], even after adjustment for tobacco smoking, alcohol use, respiratory conditions at conscription, and SES

Old 09-27-2017, 11:24 PM   #3703
redbreegull

and what of the studies which show no link? I could just as easily cite those. My point is that there IS NOT CONSENSUS

I know you are just providing the evidence I requested and I appreciate that.

Old 09-27-2017, 11:26 PM   #3704
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

There is not consensus. However, considering the byproducts are similar to tobacco smoke and that some very long longitudinal studies show increased risk, it is likely that it increases the risk of lung cancer in at least some people. Just don't go full stoner and say pot doesn't cause cancer and in fact it cures it! Smoke more yeaaaaaaaaa pot solves all problems. There is enough suggestive evidence to take the idea that it can increase risk of lung cancer to take it seriously

Old 09-27-2017, 11:27 PM   #3705
redbreegull

http://www.webmd.com/lung-cancer/new...-lung-cancer#1

Old 09-27-2017, 11:28 PM   #3706
redbreegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
There is not consensus. However, considering the byproducts are similar to tobacco smoke and that some very long longitudinal studies show increased risk, it is likely that it increases the risk of lung cancer in at least some people. Just don't go full stoner and say pot doesn't cause cancer and in fact it cures it! Smoke more yeaaaaaaaaa pot solves all problems.
yeah I'm not saying that. my problem is with took and fuzzy's attitude that it must cause cancer because that feels correct

Old 09-27-2017, 11:32 PM   #3707
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

yeah i know but really, smoke is carcinogenic full stop, and if the anti-cancer effects of marijuana attenuate the carcinogens that is great, but the idea that smoking things causes cancer is not anti-scientific

Old 09-27-2017, 11:32 PM   #3708
redbreegull

the way in which marijuana is smoked by people probably also decreases the risk of cancer from it. cigarette smokers inhale a lot more smoke than weed smokers for the most part. paperless smoking might make development of cancer less likely as well. the drug is also illegal and that makes research very hard, and some available research is highly politicized, e.g. the still-referenced study conducted during the Reagan years where they strapped gas masks on chimps and nearly suffocated them with weed smoke to show weed causes brain damage

Old 09-27-2017, 11:35 PM   #3709
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

yolo anyway who cares im probably going to die soon anyway

Old 09-27-2017, 11:36 PM   #3710
redbreegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
yeah i know but really, smoke is carcinogenic full stop, and if the anti-cancer effects of marijuana attenuate the carcinogens that is great, but the idea that smoking things causes cancer is not anti-scientific
this is true.

unfortunately my work environment now puts me at greater risk for developing lung cancer than smoking. I breathe in tons of dust and particles from wood and shit. we try to wear masks but it's not possible all the time they get uncomfortable so fast and it's always hot in the workshop to begin with

Old 09-27-2017, 11:38 PM   #3711
redbreegull

sometimes if you bring the saw down wrong it will friction burn the wood and the smell is unbelievably foul

Old 09-28-2017, 12:15 AM   #3712
redbreegull

https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...a7&oe=5A84B3B4

Old 09-28-2017, 12:20 AM   #3713
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Just think of it from a purely physical, simple mindset.
A "simple mindset" is the only sort of mindset from which one could think of things if it's the only sort of mindset one possesses.

Old 09-28-2017, 05:13 AM   #3714
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Got invited to help shooting an independent horror film with some former college classmates this next weekend.

#lifegoals

Old 09-28-2017, 08:22 AM   #3715
FoolofaTook

Poots the consumate father.

Old 09-28-2017, 10:39 AM   #3716
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Fwiw it's worth regarding the weed smoke not being harmful discussion, I didn't smoke it when I was pregnant because there IS evidence that it can increase the chance of stillbirth and SIDS due to raised carbon monoxide levels in the blood, just like cigarette smoke. No consensus on it causing physical deformities or mental problems or anything, but smoke in general depletes oxygen and I wasn't taking that risk. And I love my weed. I don't have a million sources or anything so don't even bother knocking me for that. Just doctors and what I thought was common sense. If smoking anything is bad when you're pregnant, it's probably at least slightly bad all the time.

Old 09-28-2017, 10:42 AM   #3717
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poots View Post
No that might work. Lavender in a bath is calming, and I guess applied directly to the feet would do the same.
I put it on after her bath at night but she doesn't seem to give a fuck. Same with her stupid anti-gas drops that probably aren't doing anything because the problem probably isn't gas. If she wants to freak out, she freaks out. She is finally sleeping for about 3 hours at a time at night instead of 1, thankfully. Zzzzzzzzzz

Old 09-28-2017, 10:44 AM   #3718
ilikeplanets
Braindead

And yet she will sleep for like 5-6 hours at a time during the day if I let her (I don't, she needs to eat). But I can't sleep at like 1 pm with the sun all out and bright and things to do while businesses are actually open.

Old 09-28-2017, 10:56 AM   #3719
Ram27
dumb

honestly if i ever had a kid and they were crying in the night i’d put on white noise and go back to sleep

i probably shouldn’t have kids

Old 09-28-2017, 11:24 AM   #3720
ilikeplanets
Braindead

yeah please don't, that's how they starve my 'husband' didn't even stir and damn she can really wail. of course i was up even if she just exhales differently.