Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08-29-2007, 05:30 PM   #721
sleeper
Minion of Satan

its not so much to turn the universe into a god but just to induce a paradigm shift in how people see god.

people tend to redefine god further and further away from the traditional theistic conception of god towards "him" being, instead, the fundamental nature or essence of the universe itself -- that is "god," so to speak. "god" in this sense its synonymous with "The Truth" i think, maybe thats the best way to put it

as i said im comfortable with this view but just not using the word god for reasons that i think are evident in your own misinterpretation of it: its just too ripe for misunderstanding, the term is lost amongst the connotations its developed over the years. best to avoid it i think

Old 08-29-2007, 05:36 PM   #722
null123
Minion of Satan

I don't think I misinterpret this view. I just don't connect to it and I think it's as illogical as anything else, even if it doesn't have as many implications. in fact I think that's what I don't understand, it seems to have no implications.

Old 08-29-2007, 05:41 PM   #723
sleeper
Minion of Satan

yeah youre right you didnt misinterpret. you interpreted correctly, and thats kind of the problem in that that isnt the desired intepretation. as i was saying, the word isnt very good to use here

Old 08-29-2007, 05:44 PM   #724
null123
Minion of Satan

now you're missing my point. ugh whatever I've got a headache I need to get out of this thread.

Old 08-29-2007, 05:49 PM   #725
sleeper
Minion of Satan

the idea of calling that god is just a tool to get people to see things differently, its rhetoric and not actually a meaningful description or claim. its just a way of reframing the issue.

Old 08-29-2007, 05:53 PM   #726
sleeper
Minion of Satan

i know what youre getting at though. you might as well call that "the goat" or something, because if you arent going to use the word as its nromally meant anyways (if it has nothing to do with goats or whateveR), its pointless to use it. but if calling it the goat gets you to see a new angle of the thing that might reveal something, then it useful

Old 08-29-2007, 06:11 PM   #727
sleeper
Minion of Satan

doublepost

Last edited by sleeper : 08-29-2007 at 06:19 PM.

Old 08-29-2007, 07:56 PM   #728
<sp3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeper
i asked that already and he ignored it, which seems to be what you should expect.

im personally comfortable with that view but not the language. there realyl needs to be some good word developed in its place, because "god" is being applied to everything. the available synonyms ("life force" and the like) dont really cut it.

interesting..

i didnt ignore it.. i honestly missed where you said that.. other wise i would have jumped on it.

Universe Is God thing - the idea very much sits well with me, and is one of the things i consider a possibility. I didnt bring it up, because i thought i would be attacked for changing my story.

Energy is the wrong word to use for what i am trying to say, but i will use it anyway. That energy very much could have always existed.. if and only if (in my opinion) that energy is god. I am too tired right now to explain it.. but i dont see this and the theory of god existing in a different frame of existence as any different. You would still have to accept something "super natural" about the energy, if it has always been there.. by my definition.

I think this thread served its point.. i really think i do understand now where you guys are coming from, and think i really do have a firm grasp on what you believe, i disagree.. but without anyone to argue with, the entire world would suffer from group-think and everyone would be crazy.

Good debate, gentlemen.

I want to be buried with my SP cd's.. maybe there is a chance i can take them to the afterlife.