Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2014, 09:22 PM   #31
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catherine Wheel View Post
You really don't know what you're talking about with this. This is just outside of your expertise. There are plenty of people involved with this who don't think it's ridiculous. Social workers and school psychologists have been very supportive of me with this.
you are misconstruing support and encouragement with accomplishment and legitimacy

Old 03-17-2014, 09:23 PM   #32
Trotskilicious
Banned

people were very supportive of me when i tried to learn how to play guitar also

it doesn't make me eddie van halen

i don't think i am going to be a professional musician because they supported me

i didn't think it meant i was good when they encouraged me

but you probably have difficulty telling the difference and really i don't want to make fun

Old 03-17-2014, 09:27 PM   #33
Catherine Wheel
Banned

No I had people (social workers) who were actually willing to use the assessment on the students they worked with. They just told me I needed to get it published first. She asked me how the assessment worked and said she wanted me to also administer a test.

I now know a psychiatrist who is using the assessment on his clients. So it's more than just encouragement. It's accomplishment.

Last edited by Catherine Wheel : 03-17-2014 at 09:32 PM.

Old 03-17-2014, 09:30 PM   #34
Catherine Wheel
Banned

I don't need to justify all of this on here to you. Iv'e already said all of this stuff before.

Old 03-17-2014, 09:31 PM   #35
killtrocity
Saturday Night Goth

Quote:
OK hypothetically what if you wanted to rob a business blind as an employee there? How could you get away with it? I'm thinking you would have to use counterfeit money to replace the real money that you stole. So that every time someone did a budget / profit check it wouldn't seem like anything was missing even though there really was money missing.

Old 03-17-2014, 09:36 PM   #36
Future Boy
The Man of Tomorrow

It'd be better to just make a virus. like, every time there's a bank transaction where interest is computed, you know, thousands a day, the computer ends up with these fractions of a cent, which it usually rounds off. What it does is it takes those remainders and puts it into an account.

Old 03-17-2014, 09:41 PM   #37
Lucky Day Spa
mirrar quit netphoria

Quote:
No I had people (social workers) who were actually willing to use the assessment on the students they worked with. They just told me I needed to get it published first. She asked me how the assessment worked and said she wanted me to also administer a test.
imagine that you are a policeman. one day, a friend of yours – who works a desk job but is also an amateur inventor – comes to you and says that she has developed a new kind of taser that costs only 10% what current tasers cost.

the thing is, you know for a fact that she has never seen a taser in action, has no track record of successful invention, and that everything she knows of electronics she has gleaned online rather than through formal education.

looking at her makeshift taser, it is not clear to you that it could ever be made to operate safely.

do you:

a) be the bearer of bad news and set your friend straight, potentially ending the friendship? or
b) be positive and encouraging – your friend is confident, and earnestly trying to solve a real problem, after all – and offer to 'test' the taser under controlled conditions, all the while emphasising that there are substantial regulatory hurdles outside your control that she would need to overcome in order to bring a product to market?

Old 03-17-2014, 09:47 PM   #38
Catherine Wheel
Banned

But now I have someone who is actually administering the test on the population he works with. It's not like before where there were hurdles and obstacles. I was told by the program director of the social worker that the test has to be validated first. And that's the process I'm going through now. Validating the test.

Old 03-17-2014, 09:48 PM   #39
Lucky Day Spa
mirrar quit netphoria

how does this 'validation' work?

Old 03-17-2014, 09:48 PM   #40
Trotskilicious
Banned

Quote:
i mean you really must have a learning disability, there's no two ways about it. this logic DOES NOT COMPUTE

i mean what part of "getting it published" do you not understand? do you think you're going to do it up like a zine and give it to them?

basically they are telling you 'well that's interesting that you want to do that, and i want to encourage you because you are eager and i would consider using it so long as it's published by an accredited psychological journal"

basically they're being nice to you, it doesn't really mean anything other than the fact they are nice

Old 03-17-2014, 09:51 PM   #41
Trotskilicious
Banned

oh luke covered that but i guess we need to restate it because we're strangers on the internet and we don't mind setting you straight

seriously what is the "validation process" it's usually doesn't involve going around saying you're "in the process of validation" until it's suddenly valid

in fact i think the "validation process" is that you would need to get a PhD in psychology.

Old 03-17-2014, 09:55 PM   #42
Catherine Wheel
Banned

Patients are given the assessment. And the results of the assessment have to match up with the diagnosis of the patient.

Old 03-17-2014, 09:57 PM   #43
Catherine Wheel
Banned

No that's the validation process. He is going to be my advocate is showing it to universities who ultimately make the decisions about validation. getting a phd doesn't even enter into this.

Old 03-17-2014, 10:00 PM   #44
Trotskilicious
Banned

but you need a PhD to "show it to universities"

Old 03-17-2014, 10:00 PM   #45
Trotskilicious
Banned

the validation process sounds like you do nothing

but yes having a phd doesn't enter into this

even though you need someone with a phd to administer it to patients and "show it to universities" whatever the fucking hell that means

Old 03-17-2014, 10:02 PM   #46
Lucky Day Spa
mirrar quit netphoria

i meant how does it work in detail?

psychological evaluation says this person has narcissistic personality disorder, and when they take your test, the test says "this person has narcissistic personality disorder", etc. etc. for all manner of conditions?

Old 03-17-2014, 10:03 PM   #47
Catherine Wheel
Banned

No I don't need a phd to show it to a university because I have him in my corner.

Old 03-17-2014, 10:04 PM   #48
Lucky Day Spa
mirrar quit netphoria

what's your sample size?

Old 03-17-2014, 10:07 PM   #49
Catherine Wheel
Banned

I haven't discussed the sample size with him yet.

Old 03-17-2014, 10:15 PM   #50
Trotskilicious
Banned

the validation process takes time, i mean, he hasn't seen the guy since he pitched the personality assessment to him

Old 03-17-2014, 10:40 PM   #51
Catherine Wheel
Banned

No actually I've met with him twice. I haven't spoken in length to him in two weeks. He told me he's been busy with patients.

Old 03-17-2014, 10:42 PM   #52
Catherine Wheel
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Day Spa View Post
i meant how does it work in detail?

psychological evaluation says this person has narcissistic personality disorder, and when they take your test, the test says "this person has narcissistic personality disorder", etc. etc. for all manner of conditions?
yes this is essentially it. but its not for all manner of conditions. Only for 10 conditions.

Old 03-17-2014, 10:45 PM   #53
Trotskilicious
Banned

it's very limited so it's only good for diagnosing which person will like Elbow more

Old 03-17-2014, 11:14 PM   #54
killtrocity
Saturday Night Goth

what you need is this test:

Old 03-18-2014, 04:06 AM   #55
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!

what i don't understand is why you'd start using counterfeit money to steal from a business as an employee. that's one very weird thought.
if you have convincing fake money, you don't need to steal from your work anymore. there are better and safer ways to get real money or goods in exchange for fake money.

also, i wouldn't even consider that stealing from your work. it's more a scheme to exchange fake money for real money. and not a very good one. there's no way the business can take the fake money to the bank and get away with it. they'll find out, and soon they'll find you out. (if the money is good enough to fool the bank, you might as well start using it to buy stuff directly.)

stealing as an employee is absusing the trust of your employer. you're given some responsabilities, but instead you look for what's loose and not too heavy and you take it. it all depends on where you work, what they do, and how everything's organised. in some places everything is checked and double checked, so you can maybe risk taking one toilet roll per week. other places are less strict, and they won't find out if you take a bit more in money or goods.

if you have control over a register, you can also consider not entering everything, or overcharging the customers (you need customers who don't really care - maybe people who aren't paying with their own money - and that are preferrably in a hurry), and taking home the difference. that doesn't leave a trace. and if a customer notices something isn't right, you can claim you're tired and made a mistake.
i had a friend who worked at a gas station, and he would often make customers pay for an extra pack of cigarettes, taking the extra one home. or when international truckers paid in a foreign currency, he would apply a different exchange rate, and put the extra profit in his pockets. he wasn't very ethical. he also admitted he took change from his parents, and was genuinely surprised that other people didn't do this. he thought it was normal. and his parents wouldn't notice, so he didn't see the problem.

Old 03-18-2014, 09:30 AM   #56
D.
Consume my pants.

kimani shorter typology assessment micropenis would-be thief alleged montelds gay for pay

Old 03-18-2014, 09:43 AM   #57
Cool As Ice Cream

stealin' for jesus
ethical stalking
you sound like a casual fan
self of steam
i would be surprise
so you think ur all that
write a memory on each petal
information technology
micropenis
kimani shorter typology
tripod

Old 03-18-2014, 09:47 AM   #58
Cool As Ice Cream

this guy has seriously spammed the internet http://www.google.com/#q="Hello.+My+name+is+Kimani+Shorter.+I+have+developed"

Old 03-18-2014, 10:23 AM   #59
Bread Regal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Day Spa View Post
while you're at it, you should probably stop describing yourself as a genius

Entertaining talk about the crazy letters that come into a university physics department from self described geniuses.

Old 03-18-2014, 10:58 AM   #60
D.
Consume my pants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool As Ice Cream View Post
stealin' for jesus
ethical stalking
you sound like a casual fan
self of steam
i would be surprise
so you think ur all that
write a memory on each petal
information technology
micropenis
kimani shorter typology
tripod
I die very time I see "write a memory on a petal" because it ressurects memories of that godawful flower with the adore font and imagining his date being literally terrified.