Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2004, 12:19 PM   #1
I_was_aborted
Minion of Satan

Default Looking the other way...

So Bush is slipping in all these things into the legislature while people are focusing their eyes on terrorism. I'm curious as to what contreversial things he has either passed or put into motion since the start of the war or even since 9/11. Would you guys help point me in the right direction so I can see all Bush has done besides things relating to terrorism? I need to know!

Old 04-27-2004, 01:28 PM   #2
BlueStar
Newly independent

Not stuff passed by the legislature, but stuff done by Bush himself...executive orders: http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/orders/ Most EOs are minor, but some are a big deal (i.e. affirmative action is an EO).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 04-27-2004, 02:16 PM   #3
Nimrod
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler

Location: the cross i'm bearing home 'aint indicative of my place

Quote:
Originally posted by BlueStar
Not stuff passed by the legislature, but stuff done by Bush himself...executive orders: http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/orders/ Most EOs are minor, but some are a big deal (i.e. affirmative action is an EO).
That's a good point. However, any EO must meet Constitutionality arguments and can be challenged in court.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 04-27-2004, 02:25 PM   #4
I_was_aborted
Minion of Satan

I wasn't talking about executive orders, I was more referring to contraversial bills which have made it though congress without arousing much public interest.

Old 04-27-2004, 02:32 PM   #5
Nimrod
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler

Location: the cross i'm bearing home 'aint indicative of my place

Quote:
Originally posted by I_was_aborted
I wasn't talking about executive orders, I was more referring to contraversial bills which have made it though congress without arousing much public interest.
If a bill were to be controversial, and passed Congress, you would have heard about it. The Dems would easily use that against Bush.

Anyway, look here http://www.gpoaccess.gov/bills/index.html

Old 04-27-2004, 02:33 PM   #6
sppunk
Netphoria's George Will

I love the Patriot Act! Who needs search warrants anyway??!

Fuck the current administration.

Old 04-27-2004, 02:34 PM   #7
BlueStar
Newly independent

Red face

Quote:
Originally posted by I_was_aborted
Yeah, I know. But, what passes through Congress isn't exactly Bush's doing, whereas EOs are his direct doing.

www.senate.org
www.house.org