Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Smashing Pumpkins Boards > Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Photo Album Mark Forums Read

Old Yesterday, 01:12 PM   #3661
Woody
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mals Marola View Post
i thought about asking Billy if something happened in New Orleans on the Monuments tour to make him both a) explicitly not give us any form of encore and b) exclude the city from both of these most recent tours, but i thought it'd probably be a bit easier on both of us if i just posed the question here & let one of you offer a pseudo-billy disgruntled response
“Ask the crowd, if you can shut them up first. New Orleans wants to hear SP they can go buy the hits cd.”

Old Yesterday, 02:04 PM   #3662
slayed23
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mals Marola View Post
i thought about asking Billy if something happened in New Orleans on the Monuments tour to make him both a) explicitly not give us any form of encore and b) exclude the city from both of these most recent tours, but i thought it'd probably be a bit easier on both of us if i just posed the question here & let one of you offer a pseudo-billy disgruntled response
I think I remember him saying for SAOSB that he played in every city that the sponsors were willing to let him. Surprising though that they got Omaha and Sioux Falls and not New Orleans or DC.

Old Yesterday, 05:36 PM   #3663
houseofglass11
Apocalyptic Poster

Hi Billy, have you met the kettle yet?

Old Yesterday, 11:33 PM   #3664
fuzzyroes
Immortal

For what it's worth, band message boards seem to be a thing of the past across the web.

Even on highly trafficked pages on Reddit, the conversations are always very basic and surface level. I remember in the early 00's every notable band had big message boards with all sorts of thoughtful, interesting dialogue. That fan interest and participation just doesn't exist any more.

Old Today, 12:39 AM   #3665
Slurpee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
For what it's worth, band message boards seem to be a thing of the past across the web.

Even on highly trafficked pages on Reddit, the conversations are always very basic and surface level. I remember in the early 00's every notable band had big message boards with all sorts of thoughtful, interesting dialogue. That fan interest and participation just doesn't exist any more.
True, even the At Ease boards are slow these days, and hardcore Radiohead fans actually still enjoy the band's current output.

Old Today, 12:40 AM   #3666
Slurpee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funbags View Post
I agree with Billy for once.
The weirdest thing is, not only do I agree with him about the forums' state now, but about their previous excellence.

Old Today, 12:51 AM   #3667
enthusaroo
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slurpee View Post
True, even the At Ease boards are slow these days, and hardcore Radiohead fans actually still enjoy the band's current output.
"basic and surface level" pretty much describes reddit in every way possible.. it's very shallow, circle-jerky, and closed-minded regurgitated barf.

Old Today, 09:20 AM   #3668
fuzzyroes
Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by enthusaroo View Post
"basic and surface level" pretty much describes reddit in every way possible.. it's very shallow, circle-jerky, and closed-minded regurgitated barf.
It definitely is in regards to band pages. Every page is the same. "Check out my new shirt!", "Look what CD I happened to pick up", " My pic from last nights concert, I was so happy they played 1979" ETC. It's the same with every band.

The TV show sub-Reddits are usually good and there's some good political groups, but there's certainly a lot of shills and trolls roaming about.

Old Today, 09:36 AM   #3669
Mals Marola
Minion of Satan

Location: Church of United Bald Lords, praying for your souls

one of the main problems with reddit is that every sub is just one big board of "blarf" over whatever the topic is, and none of the sub-sections that actually made "old school" boarding worth-while. imagine if netphoria was only the pumpkins forum (or rather, ask fuzzy about netphoria only being the pumpkins forum!)