KingJeremy
Apocalyptic Poster

Default NFL Conference Championship predictions

Oakland 34 Tennessee 13
Philadelphia 13 Tampa Bay 6

Old 01-18-2003, 05:28 PM   #2
Eulogy
huh

Now that the Jets and Steelers are gone I really just don't care.

Gr.

Old 01-18-2003, 05:28 PM   #3
Victor_Mancini
Apocalyptic Poster

Can't give you the score but I'm rooting for Tenn and Tampa Bay. No matter what these games are going to kick ass!

Old 01-18-2003, 05:30 PM   #4
dishpan
bestfriendless

i cant predict the score either but i think itll be eagles and oakland.

dan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 01-18-2003, 06:15 PM   #5
Loveless Addict
Oblivious Virgin

I suck with scores, but Oakland will most likely win.. and so will the Eagles.

Old 01-18-2003, 07:04 PM   #6
neopryn
let's see your penis!

Quote:
Originally posted by Eulogy
Now that the Jets and Steelers are gone I really just don't care.

Gr.

Old 01-18-2003, 07:06 PM   #7
Boner

Tennessee 34, Oakland 31
Tampa Bay 17, Philly 16

Thus producing the least watched Super Bowl ever.

Before you bash em, remember who scored 3 out of 4 correct picks last week.

Old 01-18-2003, 07:10 PM   #8
skippy
Apocalyptic Poster

Arrow

Tampa Bay doesn't have a CHANCE playing at frigid and hostile Veteran's Stadium. The Eagles have owned the Bucs and that trend will continue tomorrow.

Old 01-18-2003, 07:51 PM   #9
sawdust restaurants
Fucking Creep

Anybody who thinks the Bucs can't beat the Eagles and the Titans can't beat the Raiders is crazy. That doesn't mean it will happen, but both underdogs definitely have the talent. Especially the Titans; if they put it together for 60 minutes, which they haven't really done all season, they are going to win the game. And McNair is golden in the stretch. Which is why I say:

Tennessee 27, Oakland 24
Philadelphia 17, Tampa Bay 13

Old 01-18-2003, 07:54 PM   #10
Victor_Mancini
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally posted by sawdust restaurants
Anybody who thinks the Bucs can't beat the Eagles and the Titans can't beat the Raiders is crazy. That doesn't mean it will happen, but both underdogs definitely have the talent. Especially the Titans; if they put it together for 60 minutes, which they haven't really done all season, they are going to win the game. And McNair is golden in the stretch. Which is why I say:

Tennessee 27, Oakland 24
Philadelphia 17, Tampa Bay 13
Crazy yes, but this is the NFL. People with they're trends and crap I guess didn't hasn't watched any pro ball lately. Granted you think that OAK and PHI should win but anything is possible. I'm still rooting for Tenn and Tampa

BTW...I listen to most of your show last night and it was enjoyable.

Old 01-18-2003, 11:55 PM   #11
FearFactory
Socialphobic

All I want is for the Raiders to get there, because that'll piss off the Charger fans.

San Diego.. Super Chargers. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Old 01-19-2003, 03:47 AM   #12
Crippler
Apocalyptic Poster

Exclamation

I'm gonna be intently watching the Titans/Raiders game. It's pitting two of my friends against one another in the football pool, and let's just say I hope the Raiders win, because for once things won't go my one friend's way.

As for the NFC...I predict the Bucs winning a close one. Their defense makes the difference, and they finally get the better of the Eagles...but not by much.

Oakland by 3 1/2
Tampa by 2

Old 01-19-2003, 04:32 AM   #13
Blank
Banned

Default Re: NFL Conference Championship predictions

Quote:
Originally posted by KingJeremy

Philadelphia 13 Tampa Bay 6
No. It will be the other way around. You got those two reversed.

Old 01-19-2003, 04:32 AM   #14
Blank
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Crippler
I'm gonna be intently watching the Titans/Raiders game. It's pitting two of my friends against one another in the football pool, and let's just say I hope the Raiders win, because for once things won't go my one friend's way.

As for the NFC...I predict the Bucs winning a close one. Their defense makes the difference, and they finally get the better of the Eagles...but not by much.

Oakland by 3 1/2
Tampa by 2
And the wings suck.

Old 01-19-2003, 04:35 AM   #15
Crippler
Apocalyptic Poster

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by Blank

And the wings suck.

Old 01-19-2003, 05:18 AM   #16
Boner

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by Brett Hull and his Teammates

And the wings suck.

Old 01-19-2003, 05:21 AM   #17
Crippler
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally posted by The Ace of Aces
No, no, Marian Gaborik sucks.

Old 01-19-2003, 05:26 AM   #18
Boner

Quote:
Originally posted by Crippler

No, no, Marian Gaborik sucks.
How bout neither suck. Gaborik should put up 40 goals and 40 assists this year.

Old 01-19-2003, 05:28 AM   #19
Boner

Time to turn a lame football thread into a hockey thread. The Conference championships this year are so blah. The NHL will have at least one attractive conference championshp, that being the Western Conference.

Old 01-19-2003, 05:36 AM   #20
Crippler
Apocalyptic Poster

Exclamation

Quote:
Time to turn a lame football thread into a hockey thread. The Conference championships this year are so blah. The NHL will have at least one attractive conference championshp, that being the Western Conference.
Heh...I find it funny how the best team in the eastern conference (Ottawa) is filing for bankruptcy protection. Not even a team loaded with talent can convince Ottawa residents to go see their home team. They'll make the playoffs and be offed by the Leafs, who'll lose to the Flyers. Yes folks, Cechmanek will finally learn how to win in the playoffs and not just in the regular season.

The Stars addition of Claude Lemieux gives the Red Wings a reason to fear them in the playoffs. Dallas meets Detroit in the Western Conference finals and beats them in 7. They then meet their old coach in the Finals, and beat them in six.

Bada bing.

Old 01-19-2003, 05:45 AM   #21
Boner

I agree that no matter how well Ottawa does during the regular season they will not win the Eastern Conference. As bad of a rap as the East gets, at least there are some good teams at the top. New Jersey re-matching with the Stars would also be compelling because that was a great Series. Hichtchock v. Dallas would cool because the Stars fans still love Hitch. The Texas hockey types don't really understand the NHL enough to understand why Hitch was fired last year. So they think he got a raw deal but are obviously now seeing what a coaching change (and $12M spent on free agents) can do for a team.

Toronto's dangerous because of its goalkeeping but I don't see them having the depth to make it to the Finals this year. Certainly no one from the Southeast division is going this year. The Caps won't be this years Hurricanes.

At this point I'm picking Dallas over Detroit in an amazing 7-game series that will rival any of the recent Detroit-Avs or Stars-Avs conference finals. I like Jersey over Philly in the East. And I also think Jersey could beat the Stars if they are worn out from winning the West much like the 2000 Cup. But I'm going with the Stars to win it all, as biasedly-predicted at the start of the season.

Old 01-19-2003, 06:02 AM   #22
FearFactory
Socialphobic

Thumbs up

MITEY DUX!!!

Old 01-19-2003, 06:10 AM   #23
severin
no more than sympathy

i predict, that i'm going to see some of it tonight, because our local channel is going to show them, which surpirised me really, because normally they only jump on the superbowl-bandwagon

as for who wins: i got no idea, i don't even really know who will be playing (and no, i haven't read the thread)

Old 01-19-2003, 06:16 AM   #24
Debaser
ghost

i love the raiders, but i completely expect them to choke and lose...just like they did against the patriots last year...just like the did against the ravens the year before....ughh.

Old 01-19-2003, 08:57 PM   #25
Crippler
Apocalyptic Poster

Exclamation

Well, the Bucs REAMED the Eagles and it seems like the Raiders are gonna rip the Titans a new one (with less than a third of the first quarter done, they've jumped out 7-0 after an impressive drive).

An all-Gruden Super Bowl!!

Old 01-19-2003, 09:00 PM   #26
Crippler
Apocalyptic Poster

Exclamation

Quote:
I agree that no matter how well Ottawa does during the regular season they will not win the Eastern Conference. As bad of a rap as the East gets, at least there are some good teams at the top. New Jersey re-matching with the Stars would also be compelling because that was a great Series. Hichtchock v. Dallas would cool because the Stars fans still love Hitch. The Texas hockey types don't really understand the NHL enough to understand why Hitch was fired last year. So they think he got a raw deal but are obviously now seeing what a coaching change (and $12M spent on free agents) can do for a team.

Toronto's dangerous because of its goalkeeping but I don't see them having the depth to make it to the Finals this year. Certainly no one from the Southeast division is going this year. The Caps won't be this years Hurricanes.

At this point I'm picking Dallas over Detroit in an amazing 7-game series that will rival any of the recent Detroit-Avs or Stars-Avs conference finals. I like Jersey over Philly in the East. And I also think Jersey could beat the Stars if they are worn out from winning the West much like the 2000 Cup. But I'm going with the Stars to win it all, as biasedly-predicted at the start of the season.
Then again...in last season's playoffs, Patrick Lalime made the Flyers look like amateurs. I still wouldn't bank on it, but if the Senators went all the way this season, it wouldn't surprise me.

P.S.: Fuck Claude Lemieux and Eddy Belch-four.

Old 01-19-2003, 09:26 PM   #27
Jaggie
Ownz

Arrow

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark LeDrew
Tampa Bay doesn't have a CHANCE playing at frigid and hostile Veteran's Stadium. The Eagles have owned the Bucs and that trend will continue tomorrow.
Hmm...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 01-19-2003, 09:45 PM   #28
FearFactory
Socialphobic

Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by Jaggie

Hmm...
In his defense, he swears the Phillies are the greatest team of all time and has a hard-on for Mario.

Old 01-19-2003, 09:55 PM   #29
skippy
Apocalyptic Poster

Arrow

Quote:
Originally posted by Jaggie

Hmm...
Ok, so i was mistaken. I have to tip my hat to the Bucs who were clearly the superior team today. In addition to some fine performances on the field, Tampa Bay's play calling was as perfect as Philly's was perfectly awful.

Always the bridesmaid...

Old 01-19-2003, 10:22 PM   #30
Victor_Mancini
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark LeDrew

Ok, so i was mistaken. I have to tip my hat to the Bucs who were clearly the superior team today. In addition to some fine performances on the field, Tampa Bay's play calling was as perfect as Philly's was perfectly awful.

Always the bridesmaid...
You jinxed them you should be ashamed!

Thank you! I hate the Eagles sorry.