Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07-20-2007, 01:50 AM   #391
Dogfighter28
ILL KILL UR DOG

I have a new member for my worst posters list!!

al023945820347
jm325732873148924cocksucker
SpFission
Glass Jackal

Congratulations!!!!!

Old 07-20-2007, 02:02 AM   #392
sh sh shayne
Ownz

wow, at the age of 25 you think your too old to attend a concert of your "favorite" band? Hell my dad was 50 hates the fuckin band and head nodded his way thru the entire 6/18 fillmore show. Sure he looked like a wounded deer with his bad back fuck'n him over, but he didnt pull a waaaah im 25 and i want some 3 kids to think im the sp bringing jesus.

I can see that you really wanted to hear blew away.

Old 07-20-2007, 02:03 AM   #393
Glass Jackal
Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogfighter28
I have a new member for my worst posters list!!

al023945820347
jm325732873148924cocksucker
SpFission
Glass Jackal

Congratulations!!!!!

Wow .....Thank you!

I noticed that you kids are fond of your little lists. First we have the "Ignore list" and now we have the "worst poster list." Thank you for confirming that this is nothing more than an internet high school. Sort of like how the jocks hang out together and the nerds get segregated.

Just put me on your stupid list and be done with it idiot...lol No reason to announce it because I am not going to care too much.

Yep when I go to work tomorrow the conversation at lunch will go like this:

Dude at work : Bill how was your day off yesterday?

Me: it sucked, some dude named Dogfighter put me on "his worst poster list" on Netphoria and I feel really ashamed.

Dude at work: You know.... that happened to me once and I needed therapy for a month!!!!

Me: Yeah, those Netphorians really put me in my place. I can't count how many teenagers put me on their little lists. My life as I know it has been ruined.

Yawn

Old 07-20-2007, 03:11 AM   #394
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bardy
he was acting like he knew how everyone on this message board acted and if he had been around longer he would see how wrong he is. thats the only reason I brought up post count. it was applicable in this situation
ugh no you stupid cunt

Old 07-20-2007, 04:34 AM   #395
Eiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsp77
Because I point out the obvious, irrational thought behind this thread and you agree with this lame story makes me 12?

A person who acts like a 12 year old is someone who has such little back bone and maturity that they can't even figure out before they purchase tickets to see their favorite band and then get into the car to go to the show that they're gonna end up not going into see said band once they get there, "because I'm at a certain point in my life." What is this point in life anyway, adolescence? The adult thing to do would have been to suck it up and go watch the greatest band of all time, not get memory fright at the front door and tuck tail and run.

Keep on supporting this stupidity, please, I beg you.
no, it's because you're ranting and raving about this whole thing when it really doesn't seem necessary. you disregard her explanation of why she did what she did because you don't understand it. so she changed her mind, big deal. i probably would not have done the same but at least i can respect her decision and understand where it's coming from.

your use of the word "gayness" doesn't exactly make you seem very mature either.

Old 07-20-2007, 10:14 AM   #396
if there is a llama
Demi-God

Glass and ZSP aren't that bad.

Alot of people here just post sarcastic / negative responses to everything. No one cares.

These two genuinely question some of the accepted logic around here, and everyone freaks out. I think they come across looking the better for it.

Old 07-20-2007, 10:21 AM   #397
zsp77
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eiki
no, it's because you're ranting and raving about this whole thing when it really doesn't seem necessary. you disregard her explanation of why she did what she did because you don't understand it. so she changed her mind, big deal. i probably would not have done the same but at least i can respect her decision and understand where it's coming from.

your use of the word "gayness" doesn't exactly make you seem very mature either.

What's unnescessary is this thread in the first place. And when you say "you don't understand" I can't help but think to myself: What is so difficult to understand about what she said that you people keep repeating that I don't understand? As vague as her reasoning was, I understand it perfectly. It's not difficult to read that simple comment and comprehend it at face value. The problem is, when I actually try to find a logical explanation for supposed reasoning, I can't find one. It's fucking retarded.

For the last time, I understand her initial comment. What I don't understand is quite simply why she can't seem to elaborate her own feelings so that I might actually give her some legitmacy and have some insight into how her brain is functioning.

Simply saying "I'm at a certain point in my life" as an explanation for why she bought tickets, got in the fucking car, went in the damn venue and then left is not even close enough of a reason to legitimize her irrational actions. Anyone who is so out of touch with their emotions/feelings to go through all of the actions leading up to the show (actions which underscore her hypocracy and lack of personal insight) and then crap out right at the entrance owes a bit more of a rational reason for the people of this board, in my opinion, considering she's the one who started this nonsense in the first place.

What about this do you not understand? I mean, yippity fucking skip, she's at a certain point in her life. Does that mean she still can't go the damn show and have a good time? It's a concert, for the love of God! It's not a career move, or a relocating to a new city, or picking the right college, or deciding to accept a marriage proposal! It's a fucking concert!

Old 07-20-2007, 10:48 AM   #398
Cool As Ice Cream

zippy cat zippy cat
what are they feeding you?
zippy cat zippy cat
it's not your fault

Old 07-20-2007, 12:32 PM   #399
RenewRevive
Minion of Satan

zsp: there are people on the board in a better position to answer this, but i'll give it a try.

* ammy will not be able to explain herself to your satisfaction. from what has been posted already it would seem she was an uberfan, with the band occupying a great degree of importance to her at that stage of her life. now she has other priorities which supersede her attachment to the band. it appears your experience is entirely different, hence the impasse. it seems odd to me also, but i guess i can see where she is coming from.

* other boarders defending her has nothing at all to do with her being a woman. it is just that she is a long-established and genuinely liked poster.

Old 07-20-2007, 02:32 PM   #400
Eiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenewRevive
zsp: there are people on the board in a better position to answer this, but i'll give it a try.

* ammy will not be able to explain herself to your satisfaction. from what has been posted already it would seem she was an uberfan, with the band occupying a great degree of importance to her at that stage of her life. now she has other priorities which supersede her attachment to the band. it appears your experience is entirely different, hence the impasse. it seems odd to me also, but i guess i can see where she is coming from.

* other boarders defending her has nothing at all to do with her being a woman. it is just that she is a long-established and genuinely liked poster.
what he said.

zsp, i'm not looking to get into a huge argument about this so i think it's just safe to say that your experience with the band is different from ammy's and so her actions seem all the more non-sensical to you. i agree that when taken at face value, what she did can seem highly irrational but some things are just like that. i think i'm just going to leave it at that.

Old 07-20-2007, 06:50 PM   #401
bardy
Immortal

this board really lacks empathy. you guys suck

Old 07-20-2007, 06:54 PM   #402
SpFission
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsp77
What's unnescessary is this thread in the first place. And when you say "you don't understand" I can't help but think to myself: What is so difficult to understand about what she said that you people keep repeating that I don't understand? As vague as her reasoning was, I understand it perfectly. It's not difficult to read that simple comment and comprehend it at face value. The problem is, when I actually try to find a logical explanation for supposed reasoning, I can't find one. It's fucking retarded.

For the last time, I understand her initial comment. What I don't understand is quite simply why she can't seem to elaborate her own feelings so that I might actually give her some legitmacy and have some insight into how her brain is functioning.

Simply saying "I'm at a certain point in my life" as an explanation for why she bought tickets, got in the fucking car, went in the damn venue and then left is not even close enough of a reason to legitimize her irrational actions. Anyone who is so out of touch with their emotions/feelings to go through all of the actions leading up to the show (actions which underscore her hypocracy and lack of personal insight) and then crap out right at the entrance owes a bit more of a rational reason for the people of this board, in my opinion, considering she's the one who started this nonsense in the first place.

What about this do you not understand? I mean, yippity fucking skip, she's at a certain point in her life. Does that mean she still can't go the damn show and have a good time? It's a concert, for the love of God! It's not a career move, or a relocating to a new city, or picking the right college, or deciding to accept a marriage proposal! It's a fucking concert!
This about sums it all up. The whole thing is fucking weird.

Old 07-20-2007, 07:44 PM   #403
if there is a llama
Demi-God

Quote:
We can empathize with being in a different place in our lives. It would be pretty sad if we were still in the exact same place we were 7 years ago. It's just hard for some of us to understand why you would want a memory over real life, or why you can't go to a concert after you could buy tickets for it

Old 07-20-2007, 07:53 PM   #404
Cool As Ice Cream

Red face

Quote:
who are you? billy crogan?

Old 07-20-2007, 09:40 PM   #405
Ipreferkaren
Amish Rake Fighter

this was one hell of a thread to read through! I'm not going to say anymore than that, but like someone said I don't know how many pages ago, I can kind of see both sides here. Personally, I can't see myself ever doing something like that (actually GOING to the show before giving them away), but at the same time, I thought it was a pretty cool thing to do. as someone else pointed out, I would have definitely loved to have been the lucky recipient of one of those tickets. Mainly because I've only seen them twice, well, once and a half as one was the lolla they headlined, so regardless of anything, I'm pretty stoked to see them in Nashville. what a wonderful day after birthday present!

Old 07-21-2007, 02:35 AM   #406
ordinary apathy
Ownz

I can't believe this thread is still going.

Oh, wait. Yes I can.

Thank you, Netphoria. You never fail to amuse.

Old 07-21-2007, 02:51 AM   #407
zsp77
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenewRevive

Agreed. I've said my peace.

Old 07-21-2007, 02:52 AM   #408
Dogfighter28
ILL KILL UR DOG

end thread end thread end thread

Old 07-21-2007, 03:07 AM   #409
ammy
yer mom

the flaming i will get for not having posted these details will be rediculous, i'm sure - i just didn't realize that everyone's big problem here was the "irrationality" of me going to the actual show, or buying tickets in the first place.. before realizing that i didn't want to go.
so here we go.. a RIDICULOUSLY long and detailed post that might help make you think i'm not as crazy.
or more crazy because i went into this detail.
but you're the crazy one for reading it, really.

THE PURCHASE:
The_Gaddrow called me early sunday(?) morning to tell me that he would be back in the state soon because he had just scored tickets to the fillmore show (this was right after the tickets went on sale, and before the next few shows were released) as he's talking to me, we are planning to meet up and hang out, more tickets go on sale, and he effectually says "oh hey! dude! there's more tickets on sale! do you want some? I just secured two!" to which i think "well i should ask dan before spending the 70-90$ or wahtever it was.. but whatever, yeah, why not, it'll be fun" so i give him to CC info and he buys the tickets. i then realize that i have a coworker (annie) who is a huge sp fan as well, and i figure, hey, i bet she'd like to go! so i ask Mike to try to get one more ticket - which he does. i find another card to put the ticket on, because of the 2 ticket limit, and then have 3 tickets in my name.
later, i am posting on the General board, which i do regularly, when i think "i guess i'll check out what's going on in the sp board.." so i do, and there's some thread where i read something that makes me realize that if i have three tickets to one show in one name, more than one credit card or not, i might be screwed because one order might be canceled. so i am glad i haven't yet told annie that i bought this ticket for her, because i might not actually have one... i get to work the next day and tell her that if she can put the ticket on her card by calling ticket master and begging, then she has a ticket to the show - she does, it works, she has confirmation of a ticket.

BEFORE THE SHOW:
I start to realize that i don't know if i really want to go, i'm not excited like i used to be, and i really just don't know if i want to taint the past with this show. i went ot the zwan show and sf poetry reading with much excitement, but, although i enjoyed both quite a bit, the emotions were different, the experience was disappointing - not because of billy or anything at all, more because our relationship (billy/sp whatever and mine) had changed. like an x boyfriend who you could be friends with, but you just don't want to. sp shows before the breaking up were an insanely, and probably unhealthily intense and important part of my life at the time. i could never imagine life without the music, the fan life, the obsession, the ability to go to a show and spend 3 hours screaming, moshing, crying and FEELING.
it wouldn't be the same now. so anyway.. i'm still going to go, but i have second thoughts.
anyway.. up to the day of, i mention to dan a few times that i just don't know if i want to go, if i want to .. taint the memories of the past.

THE DAY OF:
Annie comes to work and is feeling rather ill. she leaves early to take a nap before her class, and will then leave for SF after that, we will meet there.
Dan, Des and I leave right after i get home from work to drive up to my mother's house - so that we can drop Des off with her for the night. Annie calls me while we are on the way - during a break while she's at class, she sounds like crap. she tells me that she's not feeling well, and is afraid to drive up, and might as kTim (her roomate /our coworker) to drive her (sf is about 1.5 hours away without the traffic she would innevitably encounter) i ask her f she really wants to go feeling so bad and she says no, not really, she just feels bad and doesn't want to ditch me - to which i call her crazy and tell her to take care of herself. she promises to call me after she gets home from class and takes a shower, hopeing she'll feel better after a shower. i mention that it's ironic that she's not sure she'll go because i'm not so much feeling like going, i just don't... want to. i dunno.
we drop Des off, and make our way to SF. i call annie and get no answer. we park. i ask dan "i'm thinking i really don't want to go.. if annie doesn't show.. what if we sell the tickets?" dan concedes, he wants to see the show, simply because they are a good band, but he seems to understand my uneasiness about going.
we get to the venue, they are letting people in.. we get in line.. and i tell dan we shouldw ait for annie.. so we get out of line (since it's moving rahter quickly) and i call her again, it's 7:30. she doesn't answer, and i assume she's not coming, probably asleep.
we go get a peice of pizza down the road. we come back to the venue. it's about 10 before., and we see a girl who has a sign asking for a ticket. i look at dan and we decide to sell the ticket (i thought i'd only be able to get one person in, because of the whole way it sounded like they wqere doing will call, i thought i'd have to escourt) so i ask her if she wants a ticket, i'll walk her in. she agrees and gives me 50$. we walk around to the line and up to will call. the find the envalope with my tickets. there are three. the lady freaks out - i'm not supposed to have three! that's not supposed ot happen! and i tell her that they probably just messed up - it was supposed to be under annie's name.. etc.. she asks another lady what she thinks, and they decide to give them to me, but she's obviously pissed and tell me i'm lucky. i realize that she's giving me actual tickets and quickly realize that i could give these to people and get two other people in. so i turn back and yell to dan to get the guy with the sign (girl with sign gave her sign to another guy who wanted tickets) - dan actually calls in some other dude, kinda hippyish guy, and he's *stoked*, i give him the ticket, and before i look back to dan, he(hippy guy) pulls me back for a hug. ... then get dan to realize that i meant the other guy so he gets him and i walk out of the line towards him, hand him his ticket and whisper "enjoy" and run out of the line - because now securty chick has realized that i 'm leaving the line and starts to yell at me, i say "i just have to go!!!" over my shoulder, and run to dan.
we leave.
i bounce, i hop, i skip, i am SO happy. i feel so fuzzy.

we go see if we can find a theater playing transformers.

Old 07-21-2007, 03:07 AM   #410
ammy
yer mom

Quote:
end thread end thread end thread

i'm sorry.

Old 07-21-2007, 03:12 AM   #411
Dogfighter28
ILL KILL UR DOG

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammy
i'm sorry.
its okay, you did a noble thing in my opinion, letting those people enjoy the show.

Old 07-21-2007, 03:15 AM   #412
ordinary apathy
Ownz

Quote:
its okay, you did a noble thing in my opinion, letting those people enjoy the show.
I agree.

Old 07-21-2007, 03:21 AM   #413
Future Boy
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:

we go see if we can find a theater playing transformers.
I read all that for a cliffhanger ending? wtf

Old 07-21-2007, 03:23 AM   #414
ammy
yer mom

we found one, but it was playing a little late, so we decided to go home ot my mom's to see it - end up going ot my father's and hanging out with him - getting des, and driving home. we got home at 3.
i got up to go to work at 6.
work was not as bad as it could have been, considering.

Old 07-21-2007, 03:26 AM   #415
Future Boy
The Man of Tomorrow

Ok, now we can end the thread.

Old 07-21-2007, 03:28 AM   #416
ammy
yer mom

i'm so glad!

Old 10-09-2007, 03:45 PM   #417
Esty
Netphorian of the Decade

Thumbs up

Quote:
But I just couldn't do it.
We let three other people go in our stead. I hope they enjoyed it as much as I would have 7 years ago.

I last night I realized that I am old. And that I can't regress, I don't want to ruin it.

btw, if the girl I got in sees this - PM me.

I wasn't here when this whole thing went down, I was on an extended vacation. Still, I would have stuck up for you. What you did, was very kind. That you did it without wanting any kind of compensation, is awesome. You didn't deserve any kind of negative thing said about you in here.

There should be more people like you in the world.

Old 10-09-2007, 04:04 PM   #418
MisterSquishyHalo
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esty
I wasn't here when this whole thing went down, I was on an extended vacation. Still, I would have stuck up for you. What you did, was very kind. That you did it without wanting any kind of compensation, is awesome. You didn't deserve any kind of negative thing said about you in here.

There should be more people like you in the world.

Don't worry man, MANY came to stick up for Ammy, she was well protected, Most of us know her and respected her decision to do what she did. In fact, applauded what she did.

Old 10-09-2007, 05:06 PM   #419
schmokes
Demi-God

What the hell is this thread doing back on the first page?

Old 10-09-2007, 05:10 PM   #420
skipgo
Minion of Satan

it's here so that you can make an eye laser joke. Hurry up!!