Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03-09-2014, 09:38 PM   #61
Future Boy
The Man of Tomorrow

you cant honestly blame them for missing the passport stuff omega they all look alike

Old 03-09-2014, 09:49 PM   #62
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Omega Concern View Post
this.

or along those lines, the intellectual capital of the 20 techies on board are too good to be left to a CIA front company like Freescale. So, they've been rounded up from this flight and are revealing secrets post haste.
omega that was a reference to a television show

Old 03-09-2014, 09:54 PM   #63
Future Boy
The Man of Tomorrow

trots that shows was only aired to prepare the world for the real thing, fuck man

Old 03-09-2014, 11:09 PM   #64
sppunk
Netphoria's George Will

Quote:
unless a plane can disintegrate without making a flash:
]
It can happen, but the plane might have nosedived into the sea too. You need to stop posting in this thread.

Old 03-09-2014, 11:09 PM   #65
The Omega Concern
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotskilicious View Post
omega that was a reference to a television show

yes, captain obvious.

the plane is missing. some scenarios more plausible than others. in fact, this event is so ripe for open questioning of what happened maybe that's the ultimate motive. Someone certainly played the terrorist theme very early on here.

if i'm reading between the lines of the Pentagon report correctly, they are alluding to China's recent progression into invisibility cloaks.

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2...king-tech.html

Old 03-09-2014, 11:23 PM   #66
The Omega Concern
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sppunk View Post
It can happen, but the plane might have nosedived into the sea too. You need to stop posting in this thread.

You need to expand your thinking because the plane is still missing officially. To use a couple reports off each other, if the Pentagon claims are accurate then it didn't explode and broke up due to mechanical failure at 35,000 feet, which is what the Malaysian authorities are suggesting at this time because of the lack of debris, which there would be more of it had nosedived, as you suggest.

Old 03-09-2014, 11:48 PM   #67
sppunk
Netphoria's George Will

No, there would be very large debris field if it disintegrated at 35,000'. If it nosedived it'd be a much smaller field, and if it tried a water landing it might gave sank completely.

A mechanical failure would very, very likely give time to mayday. There has been iirc no example of this happening in modern airplanes, for the record.

Old 03-09-2014, 11:49 PM   #68
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:
some scenarios more [sic] plausible than others
if you actually understood this concept you might not be so fucked in the head

Old 03-10-2014, 06:27 AM   #69
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

Quote:
Originally Posted by sppunk View Post
No, there would be very large debris field if it disintegrated at 35,000'. If it nosedived it'd be a much smaller field, and if it tried a water landing it might gave sank completely.

A mechanical failure would very, very likely give time to mayday. There has been iirc no example of this happening in modern airplanes, for the record.
No example of what?

Old 03-10-2014, 06:32 AM   #70
Lucky Day Spa
mirrar quit netphoria

i stole a plane once. if you think about it there are actually lots of places to hide a stolen plane

Old 03-10-2014, 06:33 AM   #71
Lucky Day Spa
mirrar quit netphoria

derelict warehouses, detroit, antarctica once you've removed the decals

Old 03-10-2014, 06:40 AM   #72
Lucky Day Spa
mirrar quit netphoria

i think at the end of the day we have to sit down and ask, what's more plausible: that everything is intentional, has a story, that some humans really are smart enough to coordinate pretty much everything that happens, that there are no accidents? or that we're just a bunch of talking monkeys in a disinterested universe who are far too prone to take credit for things we never had any influence over and to invent narratives when we lack information?

Old 03-10-2014, 06:46 AM   #73
Order 66
Socialphobic

i don't care about philosophy or whatever i just want to play football

Old 03-10-2014, 06:50 AM   #74
Lucky Day Spa
mirrar quit netphoria

i can't speak for anyone else but i'd like to think we live in a world where it's possible to get away with stealing a plane in order to round up people who coincidentally ended up travelling together. i don't want to lose that feeling of magic

Old 03-10-2014, 10:53 AM   #75
yo soy el mejor
Just Hook it to My Veins!

has anyone been on a plane full of screaming people due to turbulence?

i posed this question to tim recently and he said he once experienced abnormal aircraft movement and some people yelping in their seats.

i have not, but a plane i was on did run into bad weather and i grew concerned. so concerned that i fell asleep.

Old 03-10-2014, 11:01 AM   #76
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor View Post
has anyone been on a plane full of screaming people due to turbulence?

i posed this question to tim recently and he said he once experienced abnormal aircraft movement and some people yelping in their seats.

i have not, but a plane i was on did run into bad weather and i grew concerned. so concerned that i fell asleep.
Yes. I was once on a plane that was flying through a tropical depression and was experiencing a lot of turbulence. We were falling for a few seconds over and over, but the pilot said it was fine and it felt bad but it was fine. Then we hit one of those pockets, but we free fell for about 15-20 seconds. Everyone was screaming. We all started pushing against our seat belts, like we were not falling as fast as the plane so we were "floating" in our seats (not sure how to describe this). Then everyone was silent for the rest of the flight. Extremely quiet.

Old 03-10-2014, 11:28 AM   #77
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

i think at that point it would have been brown trousers time for me

Old 03-10-2014, 12:26 PM   #78
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

It felt like a two minutes but I think time just did that slowing down thing. We then had a stop at a tiny airport in Mississippi that had like five employees (some people were done there, but most weren't). No food except vending machines. We were there for like 3-4 hours. We boarded the plane once and then got told to get off again. When we finally took off shit was spooky. I thought I wouldn't fly again but I have once. This was in... 2001 I believe. Did I mention the plane only held like 40 people? The rows were one on one side and two on the other.

Old 03-10-2014, 12:33 PM   #79
Bread Regal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Day Spa View Post
i stole a plane once. if you think about it there are actually lots of places to hide a stolen plane
like the ocean!

Old 03-10-2014, 12:34 PM   #80
Bread Regal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by duovamp View Post
No example of what?
mechanical failure without a mayday

Old 03-10-2014, 12:35 PM   #81
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

I've been on planes that have lost altitude suddenly. People started screaming. Loose personal items flew around the cabin. Not fun.

Been in lots of storms too. but after falling a few thousand feet without warning a few bumps don't bother me anymore.

I also always keep my seat buckled on planes. Watching someone smash their head on the ceiling once was all it took.

Old 03-10-2014, 02:11 PM   #82
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

Trying to remember the last time that happened while driving.

Old 03-10-2014, 03:00 PM   #83
Starla

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
Yes. I was once on a plane that was flying through a tropical depression and was experiencing a lot of turbulence. We were falling for a few seconds over and over, but the pilot said it was fine and it felt bad but it was fine. Then we hit one of those pockets, but we free fell for about 15-20 seconds. Everyone was screaming. We all started pushing against our seat belts, like we were not falling as fast as the plane so we were "floating" in our seats (not sure how to describe this). Then everyone was silent for the rest of the flight. Extremely quiet.
Oh my God. :/ and I thought my trip back from SFO to Missoula one night was awful. I hate flying over the mountains up here. Did you have any xanax handy?

Old 03-10-2014, 03:02 PM   #84
Starla

Don't these black boxes have beacons in them to help locate the plane? If the plane disintegrates, won't those remain intact? I don't know..

Old 03-10-2014, 03:06 PM   #85
Starla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Boy View Post
trots that shows was only aired to prepare the world for the real thing, fuck man
Have you ever watched that show The Border?

Old 03-10-2014, 04:16 PM   #86
sppunk
Netphoria's George Will

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starla View Post
Don't these black boxes have beacons in them to help locate the plane? If the plane disintegrates, won't those remain intact? I don't know..
Yes but you have to be within range to hear the signal.

I've been in moderate turbulence that unhinged overhead bins and drinks fly to the celing and standing is impossible. I was on a flight to Seattle a few years back where a few people broke bones because they weren't buckled in, the idiots.

Turbulence though won't bring down an airliner unless in absolutely extreme cases. I can not think of a very few flights that've crashed as a result of problems created by turbulence.

Old 03-10-2014, 05:40 PM   #87
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starla View Post
Oh my God. :/ and I thought my trip back from SFO to Missoula one night was awful. I hate flying over the mountains up here. Did you have any xanax handy?
This was before I was ever on meds. I was 16 and with my ex. My life was not very good at that time as you know.

Old 03-10-2014, 06:08 PM   #88
SuckSuckStyle
Socialphobic

Location: you look like you like to hang out. you look like you like to hang out and drink soda

I'm headed back to Malaysia on tuesday. I stopped going on Facebook bc my feed is flooded with the most depressing shit ever. Between right wing Islamic groups storming the airport westboro-style slamming MAS for not praying before flights and not dressing their flight attendants appropriately, and people knowing passengers, crazy stories that are probably not true...blah.

The worst part is Malaysia is incredibly corrupt, transparency is not even a thing, and so when something like this happens, there's no protocol. A lot of things slip through the cracks there because when something happens and people don't know what to do, they don't do anything. Things get passed off, it gets worse, and when the shit hits the fan, nobody knows how to answer questions because nobody knows what's going on.

Omega- normally I'd be with you on the passport thing, but the sad fact is, KL is a huge hub for human trafficking. 2 stolen passports on a flight to Beijing probably happens everyday. I'm not kidding. There is a HUGE business in stolen passports in Malaysia. Not that that is okay in any way, but in this particular case, I really wouldn't be surprised if it had nothing to do with the disappearance.

BUT if you follow malaysian politics at all (lol) i think you'd find it interesting that Anwar (opposition party leader who probably would've won last election if it hadn't been for those pesky ''blackouts'' during the ballot-counting) was sentenced to 5 years for sodomy just hours before the flight. The trial had been going on for years and everyone knows he was pretty much framed. (to be found guilty of sodomy you have to be caught in the act. in this case, there is the infamous planted mattress). I'm not saying that this is related either, but Malaysian politics are fucking dirty and i wouldn't put it past them. The current PM has been under investigation for murder. everyone knows he did it. everyone knows the story. they just can't pin him. I could go on and on, that country is such a mess. I fucking love it, though. I don't know why.

I can't wait to go back.

Old 03-10-2014, 06:33 PM   #89
Tuscaloosa
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuckSuckStyle View Post
I fucking love it, though. I don't know why.
attention

Old 03-10-2014, 06:42 PM   #90
SuckSuckStyle
Socialphobic

Location: you look like you like to hang out. you look like you like to hang out and drink soda

you're right. that's probably why I'm always escaping to the wilderness for weeks at a time.