Violet Rays
Oceania
Song for a Son
Being Beige
Tiberius
Inkless
Freak

idk man
Points for trying. My thoughts on Freak and Quasar are that they're hollow examples of Bill attempting to crank out a "rocker."

While I like Oceania I think it's gratuitous, and it sounds like he had two different songs he smashed together without a good transition. Like he was forcing himself to make an epic long pumpkins tune but didn't have it in him.

For the life of me I don't understand how anybody can tolerate Being Beige. It's painful to listen to.

And Astral Planes? Really? I just can't.

Old 03-24-2016, 05:48 PM   #33
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Remember in 2010 when Bill toured with Nicole and Mike and made them play all those Teargarden songs?

People in Japan show up to hear Cherub Rock and instead they have to endure Astral Planes, Freak et al

Old 03-24-2016, 05:51 PM   #34
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

FTR I'm kind of torn on Owata. I almost put it on my list. It's a song that was so good back in 2009 but became a good example of his studio butchery

Old 03-24-2016, 05:59 PM   #35
fuzzyroes
Banned

*shaking my head at people still considering oash and mtae as part of teargarden*

Some people will buy into any of Corgans re-writing of history.

Old 03-24-2016, 06:08 PM   #36
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Every time I unhide one of your posts I am disappoint

Old 03-24-2016, 06:12 PM   #37
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grox View Post
You missed the point. The "former iteration" that Bill was imitating on MTAE never existed. He was imitating a version of the band that the public thought they wanted that never was in the first place.
Classic bill: "You missed the point."

Shit Grox you know you don't have to make excuses for modern bill to enjoy golden age SP right?

Old 03-24-2016, 06:27 PM   #38
T&T
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottytheoneand View Post
Every time I unhide one of your posts I am disappoint
did his dick pic disappoint you too?

I didn't think you were coming back fuzzy!

Old 03-24-2016, 06:32 PM   #39
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

LOL

Old 03-24-2016, 07:51 PM   #40
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevorbrooks View Post
i don't hate all SP 2.0 material
I do. Fuck that shit, all of it. I wish bElly and the band had committed group suicide in 2000. That would have been perfect. As long as they died before releasing Untitled.

Old 03-24-2016, 08:12 PM   #41
enthusaroo
Apocalyptic Poster

LOCK AND DELETE THREAD.

Old 03-24-2016, 08:16 PM   #42
freshfacedyouth
Ownz

Quote:
Remember though that MTAE is a concept album. Howard Stern actually decoded what Billy meant when he said it was a tribute to what the public thought the band was. Pretty brilliant concept, imo. If you listen to the record from that perspective - a band imitating a former iteration of itself that never was in the first place, giving people what they think they want - it's by far the best of the three. And it's short, that's why it beats Oceania. That record is five songs too long.
oh yeah, totally, you've got it all figured out grox

Old 03-24-2016, 08:20 PM   #43
Grox
Apocalyptic Poster

i'm skeptical of Bill's bull but the MTAE concept holds. and yeah scotty, i totally forgot about Owata, that'd definitely be on my list.

Old 03-24-2016, 09:42 PM   #44
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
As long as they died before releasing Untitled.
The absolute foreshadowing of what was to come. Goddamn I hate that song

Old 03-24-2016, 09:44 PM   #45
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
i totally forgot about Owata.
Scotty actually drove down from Michigan to volunteer as an extra for that abomination of a music video

Old 03-24-2016, 09:47 PM   #46
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
The absolute foreshadowing of what was to come. Goddamn I hate that song
I thought Untitled was fairly bitchin? Why do we hate it, again?

Old 03-24-2016, 09:48 PM   #47
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Just me or does Scott resemble a thinner Elijah "Frodo" Woods in the pic

Old 03-24-2016, 10:36 PM   #48
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run To Me View Post
I thought Untitled was fairly bitchin? Why do we hate it, again?
it's corny as hell... Definitely a prelude of what was to come with Zwan

Old 03-24-2016, 10:36 PM   #49
fuzzyroes
Banned

It was also the real beginning of his flat characterless sounding vocals

Old 03-24-2016, 10:50 PM   #50
enthusaroo
Apocalyptic Poster

Hearing Untitled now makes me think that song sucks ass. Has not withstood the test of time.

Old 03-25-2016, 02:13 PM   #51
MyKeyZ
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
You missed the point. The "former iteration" that Bill was imitating on MTAE never existed. He was imitating a version of the band that the public thought they wanted that never was in the first place.
I think you want to really believe there's some grand story and reasoning behind what is a serious misstep of an album from Billy. If the story behind MTAE is true, then Billy's reason for writing "Drum N Fife" makes zero sense. Here's this serious message "written" for soldiers within this grand inside joke of an album about an imaginary fan imagining what an imaginary band's imaginary album would be about. If so, that's a huge slap in the face to the soldiers with PTSD. It's like saying, I only wrote this track for soldiers because people think I would write this song for soldiers. What does a song supposedly about returning soldiers have to do with this vision? Which, honestly, I DO NOT believe Drum N Fife was even written about the struggles of returning soldiers at all and that was just a post release label marketing ploy to connect with the public's empathy of soldiers suffering from PTSD to sell some more records. Yeah, I said it. The lyrics to Drum N Fife speak more about Billy than any solder with PTSD. And again, if the song's subject matter was true it would not fit within this imaginary album BS story. That's just a ploy for Billy to keep a shitty album from resting completely on his shoulders.

Reporter - "Billy, why did you write an intentionally bad poppy album with shitty lyrics?"

Billy - "No, it's not really a shitty album. I just wrote the shitty album the imaginary you expected the imaginary me to write. By the way, I wrote this song in honor of PTSD suffering soldiers on my intentionally shittily written pop album just for some feels. You get it."

Reporter - ?????

Last edited by MyKeyZ : 03-25-2016 at 02:19 PM.

Old 03-25-2016, 02:30 PM   #52
T&T
Socialphobic

it's just a shitty album, don't over think it.

Old 03-25-2016, 04:09 PM   #53
myosis
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by enthusaroo View Post
Hearing Untitled now makes me think that song sucks ass. Has not withstood the test of time.
never liked it

Old 03-25-2016, 04:15 PM   #54
glass85
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyKeyZ View Post
I think you want to really believe there's some grand story and reasoning behind what is a serious misstep of an album from Billy. If the story behind MTAE is true, then Billy's reason for writing "Drum N Fife" makes zero sense. Here's this serious message "written" for soldiers within this grand inside joke of an album about an imaginary fan imagining what an imaginary band's imaginary album would be about. If so, that's a huge slap in the face to the soldiers with PTSD. It's like saying, I only wrote this track for soldiers because people think I would write this song for soldiers. What does a song supposedly about returning soldiers have to do with this vision? Which, honestly, I DO NOT believe Drum N Fife was even written about the struggles of returning soldiers at all and that was just a post release label marketing ploy to connect with the public's empathy of soldiers suffering from PTSD to sell some more records. Yeah, I said it. The lyrics to Drum N Fife speak more about Billy than any solder with PTSD. And again, if the song's subject matter was true it would not fit within this imaginary album BS story. That's just a ploy for Billy to keep a shitty album from resting completely on his shoulders.

Reporter - "Billy, why did you write an intentionally bad poppy album with shitty lyrics?"

Billy - "No, it's not really a shitty album. I just wrote the shitty album the imaginary you expected the imaginary me to write. By the way, I wrote this song in honor of PTSD suffering soldiers on my intentionally shittily written pop album just for some feels. You get it."

Reporter - ?????
http://s17.postimg.org/6qx6xldnj/AFbn1b9.jpg

Old 03-25-2016, 05:53 PM   #55
themadcaplaughs
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottytheoneand View Post
Points for trying. My thoughts on Freak and Quasar are that they're hollow examples of Bill attempting to crank out a "rocker."

While I like Oceania I think it's gratuitous, and it sounds like he had two different songs he smashed together without a good transition. Like he was forcing himself to make an epic long pumpkins tune but didn't have it in him.

For the life of me I don't understand how anybody can tolerate Being Beige. It's painful to listen to.

And Astral Planes? Really? I just can't.
Points for trying 15,922 times.

Old 03-25-2016, 06:00 PM   #56
sjpaterra
Ownz

Quote:
i'm skeptical of Bill's bull but the MTAE concept holds. and yeah scotty, i totally forgot about Owata, that'd definitely be on my list.
Nah, you're crazy. That's probably Billy's worst idea ever. Hands down.

Old 03-25-2016, 07:27 PM   #57
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

I say the people who need to be perma banned are all of those who listen to anything post the last metro show. we should figure out a way to separate the wheat from the chaff, the sheep from the goats, and mercilessly eradicate the latter, cleansing the verminous insects from our midst.

Old 03-26-2016, 09:14 AM   #58
shadow47
Demi-God

Quasar
Lightning Strikes
Lonely is the Name
As Rome Burns
Tiberius
Cardinal Rule
Chimera
Being Beige
Gossamer
Inkless

Old 03-26-2016, 09:31 AM   #59
trevorbrooks
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
I say the people who need to be perma banned are all of those who listen to anything post the last metro show. we should figure out a way to separate the wheat from the chaff, the sheep from the goats, and mercilessly eradicate the latter, cleansing the verminous insects from our midst.
or you could just take your ass to one of the countless threads discussing the band's 90s output instead of a thread called If Teargarden was one album

Old 03-26-2016, 09:41 AM   #60
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run To Me View Post
Simply stated, bill was trying to get on the radio again. He wants teenagers to be humming "we are we are so young do do do" the way they are singing along to the band fun's "toniggggght we are young."
This.

The whole album was calculated to appeal to "the kids" -and it was no secret during the recording phase when everyone in the Pumpkins Camp thought it was going to be a hit.

Day for Night was supposed to be the "art album" after the "pop album" (aka Billy's Zwan Plan), & I wouldn't be surprised if the real delay with D4N has been that Warner scrapped the 2 album contract after poor sales from Monuments.