Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Music Board Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05-08-2008, 05:03 PM   #181
ChaosEffect
Apocalyptic Poster

Yea it was $40 thats a bit pricey but I said screw it.

Old 05-08-2008, 05:06 PM   #182
exactlythesame
Minion of Satan

Location: I thought what I'd do is I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
Oh an if you have shitty seats for any shows bring binoculars with you because so far the video screens have been turned off at both venues on this tour.
there's a giant friggin' screen behind the stage that i suppose they're using the entire tour -- i could see it just fine on the lawn at WPB

Old 05-08-2008, 05:30 PM   #183
redbull
Immortal

why the fuck are they closing with house of cards

Old 05-08-2008, 09:24 PM   #184
ChaosEffect
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by exactlythesame View Post
there's a giant friggin' screen behind the stage that i suppose they're using the entire tour -- i could see it just fine on the lawn at WPB
It wasn't crystal clear though. Sometimes it was hard to tell what was what, but then again I kept spacing out thanks to all the good weed I had.

Old 05-08-2008, 10:00 PM   #185
mxzombie
Braindead

Location: i like traffic lights, but only when they're green.

the big screen at the back of the stage didn't help much out on the lawn. i couldn't really see anything

Old 05-09-2008, 01:44 AM   #186
Rickpat12
Apocalyptic Poster

Shows seem pretty sweet minus the House of Cards closer.

Quick question...those going to Noblesville on Aug. 3, anybody got two extra tickets that are better than lawn? I'm dying for some better seats.

Old 05-09-2008, 06:42 AM   #187
Rider
Minion of Satan

Location: I was born a snake handler, and I'll die a snake handler

Quote:
You mean the one that shows empty mic stands for 3/4s of the show and is buried behind 100 flashing light poles. Yeah that's great for people on the lawn.

Edit to add, Oh you meant the one that was blank for first 3 songs then showed light effects for another 5 songs, then showed empty mic stands, I take it back that one is perfect for people on the lawn.

Old 05-09-2008, 06:44 AM   #188
Rider
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickpat12 View Post
Shows seem pretty sweet minus the House of Cards closer.

Quick question...those going to Noblesville on Aug. 3, anybody got two extra tickets that are better than lawn? I'm dying for some better seats.
If it's anything like the Tampa show scalpers will be giving away tickets. I've never seen so many guys fighting to try to sell tickets.

Old 05-09-2008, 06:53 AM   #189
Rider
Minion of Satan

1) All I Need
2) There, There
3) Lucky
4) 15 Step
5) Where I End And You Begin
6) Nude
7) Pyramid Song
8) Optimistic
9) Weird Fishes
10) The National Anthem
11) Idioteque
12) You And Whose Army?
13) Reckoner
14) Everything In It's Right Place
15) Bangers + Mash
16) Bodysnatchers
17) Videotape

- 1st encore -

18) The Gloaming
19) Talk Show Host
20) Just
21) Faust Arp
22) How To Disappear Completely

- 2nd encore -

23) Paranoid Android
24) House Of Cards

Old 05-09-2008, 07:07 AM   #190
Rider
Minion of Satan

Yep can really see the band on that screen right there. I take back everything I said.

Old 05-09-2008, 03:45 PM   #191
Rickpat12
Apocalyptic Poster

Thanks for the info Rider...but I'm still willing to purchase some pavillion seats for Noblesville so if any of you guys got extras, let me know.

Old 05-10-2008, 05:07 AM   #192
kelsome
Apocalyptic Poster

I just got back from the Charlotte show. It was awesome, but I was also on the lawn and had a hard time seeing the screens they had up. Light show is amazing and intense at times. This was my first time seeing them, and I think I'll only ever go again if I can get an actual seat away from the clusterfuck lawn section.

Old 05-10-2008, 02:21 PM   #193
Zerospaced
Apocalyptic Poster

Yah I was at the Charlotte show too! On the lawn dead center of the stage. It was an amazing show. The band has screens behind them and behind the lights but the side screens are off. Setlist last night:

01 All I Need
02 There There
03 Airbag
04 15 Step
05 Nude
06 Sail to the Moon
07 Weird Fishes/Arpeggi
08 Myxomatosis
09 Idioteque
10 Morning Bell
11 Videotape
12 Optimistic
13 Where I End And You Begin
14 You And Whose Army?
15 Everything In Its Right Place
16 Bangers + Mash
17 Bodysnatchers

18 Go Slowly
19 Talk Show Host
20 Exit Music (For A Film)
21 Planet Telex
22 House of Cards

23 Paranoid Android
24 Reckoner

Old 05-10-2008, 05:28 PM   #194
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Location: Let me see you do the booty hop. And now make the booty stop. Now drop, and do the booty wop.

How long do you figure the show was, like when did your doors open and when did you actually leave

I'm trying to figure out exactly how little sleep I'm going to get after my show

Old 05-10-2008, 07:19 PM   #195
neopryn
let's see your penis!

del

Old 05-10-2008, 10:53 PM   #196
exactlythesame
Minion of Satan

Location: I thought what I'd do is I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes

Quote:
You mean the one that shows empty mic stands for 3/4s of the show and is buried behind 100 flashing light poles. Yeah that's great for people on the lawn.

Edit to add, Oh you meant the one that was blank for first 3 songs then showed light effects for another 5 songs, then showed empty mic stands, I take it back that one is perfect for people on the lawn.
boo hoo

Old 05-11-2008, 02:38 AM   #197
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Is anyone else going to see them in Virginia tomorrow? How early are you showing up? I know Nissan Pavilion is pretty much the worst venue on the entire fucking planet and I have heard that if you show up too early the gestapo Virginia police make you turn off your car and sit in line waiting for the gates to open.

Old 05-11-2008, 04:27 AM   #198
kelsome
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by topleybird View Post
How long do you figure the show was, like when did your doors open and when did you actually leave

I'm trying to figure out exactly how little sleep I'm going to get after my show
I don't know when doors opened, but I arrived about 6:30 pm for the lawn, opening band right at 7:30, Radiohead around 8:30 or 9, show ended around 11 and I didn't really leave until 12 because of traffic.

Old 05-11-2008, 11:54 AM   #199
distance
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
Is anyone else going to see them in Virginia tomorrow? How early are you showing up? I know Nissan Pavilion is pretty much the worst venue on the entire fucking planet and I have heard that if you show up too early the gestapo Virginia police make you turn off your car and sit in line waiting for the gates to open.

last time i went, we got there early and the parking gates were open, so we went in and parked and picked up our will call tickets. then we were standing around and the venue security came driving around (keep in mind there were a lot of people hanging out) that if we didn't leave, they were goign to call the cops... why have the gates open if people aren't allowed in? that's just retarded.

Old 05-11-2008, 12:50 PM   #200
Netphorian Gadabout
The Broom of the System

Quote:
I was planning on getting there about 30 minutes after gates open, so 4:30. If you're coming from DC, this place is a nightmare. It is the worst venue on the planet, made worse by being on a one-lane road in the middle of the country. If you're taking 66 in from DC, plan for a multi-hour commute both ways. Going south towards Richmond isn't as bad, but it's still pretty terrible and could be 2+ hours just to get out of the lot and a mile down the road.

Old 05-11-2008, 12:55 PM   #201
AWM05
Pledge

Quote:
Speaking of which. Am I really going to have to go alone on this one? I don't even know how soon is "too soon" for leaving.

I've also heard about how hellish it is to get out of the lot once the show's over. I sure could use some company here.

Old 05-11-2008, 02:12 PM   #202
redbreegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkins23836 View Post
I was planning on getting there about 30 minutes after gates open, so 4:30. If you're coming from DC, this place is a nightmare. It is the worst venue on the planet, made worse by being on a one-lane road in the middle of the country. If you're taking 66 in from DC, plan for a multi-hour commute both ways. Going south towards Richmond isn't as bad, but it's still pretty terrible and could be 2+ hours just to get out of the lot and a mile down the road.
Doors open at 6, not 5. Or so says Nissan's website.

Old 05-11-2008, 02:21 PM   #203
Netphorian Gadabout
The Broom of the System

Quote:
Doors open at 6, not 5. Or so says Nissan's website.
Lots 4:00
Doors 6:00
Show 7:30

Old 05-11-2008, 02:58 PM   #204
Rider
Minion of Satan

Quote:
boo hoo
Didn't bother me at all I was in the 12th row.

Old 05-12-2008, 01:36 AM   #205
AWM05
Pledge

Man, there is really no other feeling like putting on some warm dry clothes after enduring freezing rain for hours. Sadly, I left right after they closed their original set with Bodysnatchers. Hopefully next time, I can see them in a better venue with better seats. I saw them, I don't think i have really "experienced" them.

By the way, they played Lucky, Paranoid Android, Just, and Karma Police.

Old 05-12-2008, 03:41 AM   #206
redbreegull

Well first of all it rained so hard the road into the venue flooded out and it took me an hour and a half to get out of the parking lot and then almost 2 to get home because the police detoured us into the middle of fucking nowhere and then just dumped the line of cars to find their own way back to the highway. It was absolutely miserable out. I felt terrible for the people with lawn seats. Anyway, the show was fucking fantastic and made it completely worth it. I kept telling my friends I wanted them to play Fake Plastic Trees and I received many assurances that they would NOT. But then, at the end, they did, and I was so happy.

Also best light show ever.

I think they played In Rainbows in entirety... I am too tired to remember what else right now.

Edit:

1. All I Need
2. Jigsaw Falling Into Place
3. Lucky
4. Nude
5. Pyramid Song
6. Weird Fishes/Arpeggi
7. Myxomatosis
8. Idioteque
9. Faust Arp
10. Videotape
11. Paranoid Android
12. Just
13. Reckoner
14. Everything In Its Right Place
15. Bangers and Mash
16. Bodysnatchers
17. Like Spinning Plates

Encore:

18. Optimistic
19. Karma Police
20. Go Slowly
21. Planet Telex
22. Fake Plastic Trees

Encore 2:

23. National Anthem
24. House of Cards

There.

Further edit: I don't know if this is 100% correct because I swear to God they played 15 Step.

Last edited by redbreegull : 05-12-2008 at 03:49 AM.

Old 05-12-2008, 05:12 AM   #207
Shapan
Socialphobic

Quote:
19) Talk Show Host
awesome

Old 05-12-2008, 09:12 AM   #208
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Location: Let me see you do the booty hop. And now make the booty stop. Now drop, and do the booty wop.

Yeah 15 Step was in there somewhere

Fucking hell that was the best and worst concert experience I have ever had; thank Christ I was in the covered section and had incredibly good seats

And I knew they'd been ending on House of Cards so I got everyone I was with to just fucking run when they were about two minutes into it; we got out of that hellhole parking lot in about forty-five minutes and I considered us blessed

I've seen them three times prior and that was the happiest I've ever seen them; I loved Thom's speech about finding someone to fuck

Something like "To all you wet people out there... everyone on the lawn... here's what you need to do... find someone near you and get close... find out where they live and go there... take your clothes off and turn up the heat... and if anyone's left out, come on backstage and we'll get you sorted out."

P.S. Thank you to kelsome for helping me figure out how long I needed to rent a car for

Last edited by topleybird : 05-12-2008 at 10:57 AM. Reason: kelsome awesome kelsome awesome kelsome. awesome. kelawesome!

Old 05-12-2008, 10:04 AM   #209
Netphorian Gadabout
The Broom of the System

Setlist from my phone:

All I Need
Jigsaw Falling Into Place
Lucky
15 Step
Nude
Pyramid Song
Weird Fishes/Arpeggi
Myxomatosis
Idioteque
Faust Arp
Videotape
Paranoid Android
Just
Reckoner
Everything In Its Right Place
Bangers + Mash
Bodysnatchers
---------
Like Spinning Plates
Optimistic
Karma Police
Go Slowly
Planet Telex
---------
Fake Plastic Trees
The National Anthem
House of Cards

Never going to Nissan again. Not for a Radiohead/MBV/Pumpkins/Zombie Lennon quad-bill. Clothes were destroyed, froze to death.

Old 05-12-2008, 10:09 AM   #210
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Oh, also, to the apparently significant number of people who got flooded out and were stuck in traffic for like six hours without ever making it to the show: holy shit, I am so sorry.