smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Madonna > Billy Corgan

Old 10-01-2018, 12:31 AM   #122
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofglass11 View Post
Wait, there’s people in this thread defending Madonnas artistic integrity? Lol. She is a talentless hack. Terrible voice. Also, T Swift? She doesn’t write shit. You can change two words of the lyrics and get songwriting credit. Eulogy you’re fkn trippin
Lol no kidding eh. Netphoria's gone soft.

I mean, I guess some of the mid-80's Madonna was fun and I enjoy it when it comes on at the grocery store.. But she had a very limited run of good songs. By the time she pivoted in the late 80's and early 90's it was pretty much garbage.

Like do people actually like songs like Vogue, Don't Cry For Me and Ray of light? lol

Old 10-01-2018, 12:32 AM   #123
fuzzyroes
Banned

OH, I also forgot to mention that she's a terrible actress.

I was recently watching that movie about soft-ball with her and Tom Hanks... Man, that shit sucks.

Old 10-01-2018, 12:36 AM   #124
fuzzyroes
Banned

Star-bright and get into the groove are dope. I will respectfully concede that

Old 10-01-2018, 12:40 AM   #125
Eulogy
huh

Yes a lot of people like those songs. And Frozen is better than anything billy Corgan has done in a decade and a half.

Old 10-01-2018, 12:40 AM   #126
Eulogy
huh

“Do people like vogue” fucking fuck off

Old 10-01-2018, 12:43 AM   #127
Eulogy
huh

Fuzzy please tell me which Swede has writing credits on 1989. Go on.

Old 10-01-2018, 12:45 AM   #128
Eulogy
huh

And don’t cry for me Argentina is from a fucking musical

Are you drunk

Old 10-01-2018, 12:52 AM   #129
slunken
Virgo

What have you guys found to argue about tonight?

edit: oh nice. very worthwhile.

Old 10-01-2018, 12:52 AM   #130
Shallowed
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
Eulogy, you should read the book "The Song Machine"... Really helps explain how these pop-stars operate in this day and age. Don't be fooled by the listings in the CD pamphlet.
You should shut the fuck up

Last edited by Shallowed : 10-01-2018 at 01:29 AM.

Old 10-01-2018, 12:54 AM   #131
slunken
Virgo

i tap 2 islands and play negate

Old 10-01-2018, 05:20 AM   #132
VoxUpDoc
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
You should watch the first video he did with Alex Jones in 2012. Watching it today it's prolific how many of his predictions have come true. Billy predicted that a new political philosophy would come forward and that the left have become the old right and that they'd be pushing for internet censorship. I must've missed the interview at the time, but it's crazy how he outright kicked the establishment in the teeth.

If you watched this, you could easily think he was giving cultural analysis today. Corgan may be waning in his artistic ability, but he's a bright guy and his finger on the pulse of the culture.

And really, you're argument for Madonna is that she has lots of hits? She's a talentless hack... Can't sing worth shit, never writes her own material. Artists like Cyndi Lauper and Pat Benatar that came up at the same time and filled the same niche are much more talented but the only reason that they didn't go on to achieve that sorta success was that they weren't willing to push corporate narratives.
Edited out the trash talk, but this is a moronic post.

Billy predicted jack shit. The left haven’t become the old right. He didn’t kick anythjng except his own credibility in the teeth. It’s laughable to suggest Corgan has his finger on the pulse of culture. Is this a joke?
Madonna can’t sing, a talentless hack... just... literally so many shitty takes in one post.

Last edited by VoxUpDoc : 10-01-2018 at 05:30 AM.

Old 10-01-2018, 07:17 AM   #133
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

sounds like fuzzy.

Old 10-01-2018, 08:52 AM   #134
soniclovenoize
Minion of Satan

Quote:
You know, you had the Beatles, artists like Bob Dylan and there was just a passionate anti-war movement in those days that was really powerful. No one ever dares protesting that anymore. I think it's because they're politically censored.
What Beatles and Dylan songs promoted "a total revolt and revolution."? The Beatles literally had a song called "Revolution" that tried to denounce revolt and revolution.

Quote:
My point is, if you wanna succeed in the entertainment industry, you have to shut up and stay in line. And I sincerely believe that Billy Corgan has payed a price for not abiding by the rules.
No, I just listed five major artists off the top of my head doing it.

Old 10-01-2018, 08:55 AM   #135
soniclovenoize
Minion of Satan

Quote:
That's cool and all and I respect those artists immensely... But they're not exactly leading any cultural movement.
So now you are goalpost shifting.

Old 10-01-2018, 08:59 AM   #136
soniclovenoize
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Eulogy, you should read the book "The Song Machine"... Really helps explain how these pop-stars operate in this day and age. Don't be fooled by the listings in the CD pamphlet.
But Madonna had her hit songs 30-35 years ago, which is not "this day and age", is it?

Also I just linked you this: http://www.showbiz411.com/2013/10/11...-were-composed

Her producer literally explained their process, showing she indeed is a co-writer.

Old 10-01-2018, 09:07 AM   #137
SPfan79
Pledge

Quote:
My friends, consider this:

Look at Eddie Veddar. Every piece of crap he puts out ends up getting ample radio play and mainstream attention... Same thing with Dave Grohl, but yet Corgan can't score some airplay with his life depending on it. Songs like One And All, That's the way, Drum And Fife have been a lot better than the drivel that those artists get radio play with.

I know we like to hate on Billy. He's an easy target. But really, I think he's being discriminated against by the industry... Now Billy is trying to say "See! I can be good, I can walk the line, I know my role! Can you let me back in the 'boys club' now!?"

This thread is on point! He gets a lot of crap, although sometimes deserved but when it comes down to the music, there is no reason for the Pumpkins not to be heard. Their newer stuff deserves more play compared to the garbage we hear daily.
You know Live Nation when first discussing a tour mentioned about the political climate. Probably said just to keep quiet. Couldn't agree more.

Old 10-01-2018, 09:12 AM   #138
incubator
Apocalyptic Poster

Imagine being a record exec and Billy Corgan comes in hot off the success of Teargarden and Oceania to ask for investment and share his vision for MTAE. It's not a good investment is it? It's all about ROI. His politics and behavior factor into that because he's alienated a good chunk of his fan base but the industry doesn't give a shit about any of it per se. If were to somehow gain a massive alt-right qanon nutcase fanbase the record companies would be fighting each other to sign him up.

The entertainment industry has, and continues to, employ and protect literal rapists and child abusers and murderers. As long as they're making money that's fine. When someone gets outed they're not ostracized because of their behavior, they're ostracized because people don't want to buy movies and records from people who behave like that.

Old 10-01-2018, 09:21 AM   #139
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/YnN4SX4cBqg/maxresdefault.jpg

Old 10-01-2018, 09:28 AM   #140
brothahi4L
Apocalyptic Poster

Bolly isnt played on the radio cause:
- his voice (mix up front) is unbearable for an average listener.
- the songs arent good enough
- he hasnt brought out any good album in the last 18 years.
- pearl jam and grohl havent changed their music style. The more or less play the same sound over and over.
- billy has lost lots of fans due to horrible interviews, arrogant unmotivated shows and disput with the fan base.
- bollys last success was mcis 1997.lol. After that the downwardspiral started and never ended.
- his name change and permanent change of line-ups had a negative effect
- the wrestling shit is lol

Old 10-01-2018, 09:30 AM   #141
ninsp
Apocalyptic Poster

They’re on a fucking black metal label.
Silvery would be a fine radio single but it’s a fucking...black metal label.

Old 10-01-2018, 11:51 AM   #142
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
OH, I also forgot to mention that she's a terrible actress.

I was recently watching that movie about soft-ball with her and Tom Hanks... Man, that shit sucks.
you mean a league of their own? decent movie, she was good in it, and it is based on a true story. and it was baseball, not softball. you really are coming across as a sexist you know

Old 10-01-2018, 11:52 AM   #143
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

Oh he's coming across as something alright!

Old 10-01-2018, 11:53 AM   #144
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

& I concede that at the very least Ray of Light (& prob Bedtime Stories) are better'n 99% of BC's post-Machina output

M rules

Old 10-01-2018, 11:53 AM   #145
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

So does Kylie Minogue, tbh, but that's neither here nor there!

Old 10-01-2018, 12:13 PM   #146
Zer0 Hour
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Fair enough. But political censorship is a growing problem and West has been one of the few relevant artists tackling that issue. He even publicly supported Alex Jones in the midst of his chaos and even Corgan hasn't issued any statements yet.. So Kanye is definitely taking some bold measures.

Word is Kanye has some really creative political initiatives in the works, so we should be seeing him utilizing his platform a lot more in the near future.

The establishment seems really set on sowing division right now... Some experts believe that they're trying to engineer something of a civil war, so it's really important for beloved artists like Kanye to speak up and try and bring people together.
Okay, I've tried to be nice here but this is some Grade A bullshit. For starters, it's very telling that the only artists you think are saying anything worthwhile politically are the ones who have espoused Trumpish views. And as for Kanye trying to "bring people together", I fail to see how making a stupid Twitter post that a MAGA hat "represents good and making America whole again" qualifies.

Kanye doesn't get to decide what that hat represents. Not when it's been the most visible symbol of a man who founded his presidential campaign on racism, and after winning the presidency (through the Electoral College, anyway) has continued to push racist policies. He's separated families at the border. He refused to provide adequate help for the people of Puerto Rico after a hurricane, resulting their deaths, and then LIED about how many people actually died. That's about as far from "bringing people together" as you can get. I bet there were some Nazis in the 1940s who claimed that a swastika represented unity.

Also, Kanye in is infinite wisdom, implied in the same post that we need to "abolish the 13th Amendment." He likely misspoke, since the 13th Amendment abolished slavery, but then he tried to clarify his comments by saying that "The 13th Amendment is slavery in disguise meaning it never ended. We are the solution that heals." While it's been well-documented that the justice system is greatly biased against African Americans and the current prison system in this country has been likened to modern-day slavery, that's largely due to Republican policies, and Trump's Administration has consistently pushed to expand the use of private prisons (and before you say "Obama did it too", no, Obama directed the DOJ to reduce the use of private prisons, and Jeff Sessions rescinded that). So Kanye's claim doesn't make any sense if he in fact supports Trump. More than likely though, he doesn't know what he's talking about, because he's rich as hell and doesn't fucking care, just like Billy Corgan. The shitty things that Trump is doing won't hurt either of these men in their lifetimes, so it doesn't matter to them.

Last edited by Zer0 Hour : 10-01-2018 at 12:18 PM.

Old 10-01-2018, 12:35 PM   #148
FoolofaTook

Question

i don't get it

Old 10-01-2018, 02:18 PM   #149
Disco King
Minion of Satan

It's spiritual energy that exists outside our normal understanding of nature.

Old 10-01-2018, 02:40 PM   #150
FoolofaTook

Red face

Whallah!