Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Smashing Pumpkins Boards > Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2017, 02:43 PM   #121
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

he also clearly said they'd gone through the entire gish era archive and worked on that already, they even went as far as pressing some stuff for the then announced limited edition teahouse releases.

so between the 4? archive projects he announced in as many years that would see a release via the teahouse, the reissues that never happened, zwan, chicago songs and I think 3? or 4 "new albums" he worked on since Day for Night, it's really hard to give a single shit.

Old 12-21-2017, 05:19 PM   #122
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofglass11 View Post
In 2015 in an interview he said that there would be a live album released of the 2014 Maida Vale BBC concert with Brad Wilk and Stoermer (actually a pretty good show). Never happened.
It's best that no one remembers that lineup ever happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavementtune View Post
it's really hard to give a single shit.

Old 12-21-2017, 05:35 PM   #123
jakobtheliar
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funbags View Post
It's best that no one remembers that lineup ever happened.
I left the show in Las Vegas about 6 songs in. Just awful. That guy can't even keep tempo and played everything so slow. I mean, you're the smashing pumpkins. You can't have some awkward bad drummer. Ugh. The worst.
Pretty much gave up on the band from then on. Saw them with Manson. All I did was watch Jimmy play.

Old 12-22-2017, 07:23 AM   #124
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

WTF?
N(ot)W(orth)A(sking)...

A theatrical drama with JOCEPHUS at the Nashville recording session:

The guy, who was hunting WPC for thirty days, on THIRTY DAYS...

Last edited by Corgan's Bluff : 12-22-2017 at 08:11 AM.

Old 12-22-2017, 12:17 PM   #125
SPLATTER
Demi-God

i hope he was spoofing himself with those lyrics... what was that, like "i've never loved a lover with so much love as love endures"... something like that.

Old 12-22-2017, 01:35 PM   #126
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

surely...

Old 12-26-2017, 09:41 PM   #127
krackhead
Apocalyptic Poster

I heard ratbastardquinto has the leek already!!

Lets have a great year.

Thank You.

Old 12-26-2017, 10:23 PM   #128
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

You gotta rock?

Old 03-16-2018, 05:45 AM   #129
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

BOO!
WPC is going back to Nashville to save his next solo project.
With the help of his best friend Jeff...

williampcorgan
Videophandangle undate-a-doo #wpc #smashingpumpkins @smashingpumpkins

Old 03-16-2018, 06:23 AM   #130
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster

Is he talking about the pumpkins there or does Billy have another band now?

Old 03-16-2018, 06:36 AM   #131
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

It's a joke. saying no matter if it's his solo album (with Jeff in Nashville with Willing producing) or the album he will put out under the name Smashing Pumpkins is all him.

says my Bully dictionary.

what is odd to me is the time line, why attempt to crap out another solo album now instead of putting that on the shelf (to the 12 other things) and focus on releasing something decent under the SP label before the tour starts? heh?

Old 03-16-2018, 06:48 AM   #132
T&T
Socialphobic

the two SP EPs that need to be mixed... that mixing session is probably scheduled with nothing to do on those songs until that's done.
as for touring, they probably have practice sessions already slotted as well.
schedule schedule schedule. got to drive the kids to daycare and stuff - there's no rock star left in this band.

Old 03-16-2018, 07:00 AM   #133
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by T&T View Post
the two SP EPs that need to be mixed... that mixing session is probably scheduled with nothing to do on those songs until that's done.
as for touring, they probably have practice sessions already slotted as well.
schedule schedule schedule. got to drive the kids to daycare and stuff - there's no rock star left in this band.
Jimmy:

"We were talking about playing next year with the band and somebody asked me, you know, 'What's it like trying to coordinate that?' I said it's like Grumpy Old Men 3, only there's four grumpy old men and one's a woman.' So [laughs]…that's how it's gotten to be, when we're all kind of crotchety [imitates an old person]."

http://loudwire.com/jimmy-chamberlai...en-ones-woman/

Old 03-16-2018, 07:14 AM   #134
pavementtune

Quote:
Originally Posted by T&T View Post
ah, I got that wrong.
figured they only have a handful of songs ready for one EP that goes to mixing right now, since I don't really understand why they wouldn't release a full album if they have enough songs for that, instead of "EPs" months apart.

but then again, I don't expect that any of this makes sense to me.

Old 03-16-2018, 08:26 AM   #135
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster

For what I got , they will release 1 Ep before the tour starts and the other one maybe during or after the tour.

I think Billy understood the Pumpkins without the original members won't work anymore, he will probably put out another pumpkins album within 5 years with James and Jimmy around again (maybe Darcy? Lol). Meanwhile he focus on solo albums and alternative projects.

Old 03-16-2018, 03:56 PM   #136
Crepe
Demi-God

I'm surprised he has not scrapped the nashville album yet

Old 03-16-2018, 05:25 PM   #137
Oklahoma Sexual
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgotten Child View Post
For what I got , they will release 1 Ep before the tour starts and the other one maybe during or after the tour.

I think Billy understood the Pumpkins without the original members won't work anymore, he will probably put out another pumpkins album within 5 years with James and Jimmy around again (maybe Darcy? Lol). Meanwhile he focus on solo albums and alternative projects.
yes, but most people don't care anymore.

Old 03-16-2018, 05:34 PM   #138
slunken
Virgo

I 100% don't believe in anything Billy says, in terms of future projects.

Old 03-16-2018, 05:53 PM   #139
Ram27
dumb

why is he doing this?

isn't it clear to him/everyone that a huge to-do list results in shit output?

Old 03-18-2018, 10:09 AM   #140
brothahi4L
Apocalyptic Poster

... i don´t believe anything he announces: and i doubt that the Sp Eps or the next solo album will be successful or at least contains some good songs.

Old 03-18-2018, 11:11 AM   #141
New Art Rioter
Apocalyptic Poster

Massive warning flag going on that instead of focusing efforts on the best possible collection of songs for the SP comeback, he's banging out a solo album at the same time - there's bound to be a dilution of quality

Old 03-18-2018, 11:14 AM   #142
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

lol what quality

Old 03-18-2018, 11:55 AM   #143
soniclovenoize
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Art Rioter View Post
Massive warning flag going on that instead of focusing efforts on the best possible collection of songs for the SP comeback, he's banging out a solo album at the same time - there's bound to be a dilution of quality
We'll be OK because if it's anything like Ogilala, he's saved the shit songs for his solo album.

Old 03-18-2018, 11:32 PM   #144
T&T
Socialphobic

I figure he sold the nin tour EP idea and he's just going though the motions to appease labels and promoters - remember, some of those suits might be dumb SP fans that really like the 'rat in a cage'.

Old 03-19-2018, 01:08 PM   #145
cardiac
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by soniclovenoize View Post
We'll be OK because if it's anything like Ogilala, he's saved the shit songs for his solo album.
I doubt he'd do that. In his mind, he's a solo artist on par with Bob Dylan or Bowie or whoever. The messages he sent to D'arcy do, however, imply that he acknowledges this SP reunion is his last shot at mass popularity. Dunno. It still sounds crazy to be doing a solo album at the same time. He'll always remember he's the guy who pumped out like 50 good songs in a year back in Mellon Collie days and still thinks everything he comes up with is 5/5. In the Joe Rogan podcast he said he honestly couldn't understand how the latest SP albums weren't a huge success.

Old 03-19-2018, 02:04 PM   #146
cork_soaker
full of longing

requesting a photoshop of bill's face on the nashville skyline cover

Old 03-19-2018, 02:32 PM   #147
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cork_soaker View Post
requesting a photoshop of bill's face on the nashville skyline cover

Old 03-19-2018, 02:58 PM   #148
cork_soaker
full of longing

cool thx

Old 03-20-2018, 11:45 AM   #149
SPLATTER
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavementtune View Post
he also clearly said they'd gone through the entire gish era archive and worked on that already, they even went as far as pressing some stuff for the then announced limited edition teahouse releases.

so between the 4? archive projects he announced in as many years that would see a release via the teahouse, the reissues that never happened, zwan, chicago songs and I think 3? or 4 "new albums" he worked on since Day for Night, it's really hard to give a single shit.
excellent post

Old 03-21-2018, 07:17 PM   #150
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Quote:
williampcorgan Trying to muster up the energies needed for this vast project I've been toying with now for over a year. Like all large-scale endeavors, it requires some courage and a willingness to accept that by the time you arrive at the needed destination, time may no longer be on your side. And as this notion runs on a parallel track, I'm also preparing to complete the basic masters for this next solo album; which is more stark than Ogilala but also more mercurial in subject matter. So far, of the 16 or 17 songs cut, I only like 8, but have since added some other numbers whilst cutting, too (from the first go round). It is probably best that the album remain as clear a statement as possible, so I'm back to figuring on a single record. But that said, the whole body of work plays like a strange dream. So if that appeals to you, let me know (smoke signals are fine). #wpc

Trying to muster up the energies needed for this vast project I've been toying with now for over a year. Like all large-scale endeavors, it requires some courage and a willingness to accept that by the time you arrive at the needed destination, time may no longer be on your side. And as this notion runs on a parallel track, I'm also preparing to complete the basic masters for this next solo album; which is more stark than Ogilala but also more mercurial in subject matter. So far, of the 16 or 17 songs cut, I only like 8, but have since added some other numbers whilst cutting, too (from the first go round). It is probably best that the album remain as clear a statement as possible, so I'm back to figuring on a single record. But that said, the whole body of work plays like a strange dream. So if that appeals to you, let me know (smoke signals are fine). #wpc

Ein Beitrag geteilt von WilliamPatrickCorgan (@williampcorgan) am

Closed Thread