Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05-30-2017, 04:40 AM   #1
Ram27
dumb

Default This is a sad thread about me being sad

I’m struggling with where to even post this story…netphoria (oddly enough) seemed like a decent place. With over 4k weird Jimmy fetish posts I feel you guys understand where I’m coming from with this, at least a bit.

I got arrested for underage drinking. Which I know sounds like the most low key thing ever. But I’m an overly emotional motherfucker and it just destroyed me. Let me attempt to explain:

First of all, alcohol kinda saved my fucking life. I entered into a bout of depression last year, as I was preparing to go back to university for the fall. I started getting incredibly self conscious and feeling horrible about life. Then on my 20th birthday my friend from high school brought me some beers and we got drunk together. I felt like a normal human being for the first time in my life. It was *incredible*. That semester of school was the most incredible few months of my life. I got a job, I got all As, I drove 4 hours away to meet my hero and shake his hand....http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?p=4291613. Now, I’d been playing drums myself for about 5 years, but couldn’t actually play at university. Now that I had money and some semblance of confidence, I went and rented out a storage unit to set my drums up in and play. The owner assured me it was fine, there was no one around to hear. Even set me up with a special code so I could come play at 3 AM if I wanted. And those were the best few months of my life. Not a single problem.

And then one night the cops knocked on the door. I had a case of beer in the back (and not even good beer! I’m pretty ashamed of that), and I’d had a few, cause, honestly, I was thirsty, since Jellybelly is a motherfucker of a song (like I deadass just finished playing that song when they came...I felt so great for about a minute there...can usually never get through it). Then I got handcuffed, got a ticket, was driven back to my dorm, scared out my mind. I called my parents. Long story short, I couldn’t drive anymore, I couldn’t play my drums, I couldn’t drink, I couldn’t focus in school. Liberty stripped, confidence gone, happiness fleeting, I went to a therapist, and was prescribed medication that somehow made me feel even shittier. Had the worst semester of my life, got two Cs, barely passed my classes, spent half the fucking time crying and worrying about everything.

Two things I love ruined my life.

All is lost.

I haven't slept properly since then. Like I said, overly emotional. Medication just makes it worse. Seriously. What really just drives me fucking insane how America is so backwards and petty. I went on a trip to the UK with my parents last summer. I ordered a beer at a pub while being (gasp) only 19. Somehow, London isn't burning to the ground.

Feel free to call me a fucking moron and a fucking pussy or whatever cause I am, sure.

how do i stop feeling like shit

Old 05-30-2017, 05:07 AM   #2
Shallowed
Braindead

Why did the cops come to your place?

Old 05-30-2017, 05:09 AM   #3
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

that is some total shitfest.

why did the cops come around in the first place, did someone tell them to drop by and they'd find underage drinking? or did they come by because the drum sound at night wasn't fine there after all?

also is there any possibility to set your drums up at some place you can either walk or bike to?

I'm gonna stick with questions because I have only bad advice (if you want that, I've got about 5 things ready to go...)

Old 05-30-2017, 05:20 AM   #4
Shallowed
Braindead

Also, welcome to the club, enjoy your stay

Old 05-30-2017, 05:21 AM   #5
Shallowed
Braindead

You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave

Old 05-30-2017, 05:28 AM   #6
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shallowed View Post
You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave
lolol shallowed. you had checked out for quite some time, too, right? even sonic johnny is back.

prepare yourself to have this thread bumped in 2025, ram, just when you finished a stay in rehab to get sober.

Old 05-30-2017, 05:37 AM   #7
Ram27
dumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavementtune View Post
lolol shallowed. you had checked out for quite some time, too, right? even sonic johnny is back.

prepare yourself to have this thread bumped in 2025, ram, just when you finished a stay in rehab to get sober.
hahahaha

can't wait

Old 05-30-2017, 05:28 AM   #8
Ram27
dumb

Oh, yeah I guess I forgot that part. Someone called in a noise complaint. To be more specific, some old man in a nursing home a few blocks away. Best I can figure he was going for a walk? I dunno

Old 05-30-2017, 05:34 AM   #9
Ram27
dumb

Quote:
also is there any possibility to set your drums up at some place you can either walk or bike to?

I'm gonna stick with questions because I have only bad advice (if you want that, I've got about 5 things ready to go...)

Not really any other place. I mean, right now I'm staying with my parents for the summer, and they have a basement and nice neighbors. But that's like two hours away during the school year

I thought I was fucking set with that storage unit concept until I could get a real job and house and stuff. And due to weird emotional stuff I don't even really want to try finding another place in town

let's try the bad advice

Old 05-30-2017, 05:50 AM   #10
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!

why can't you drive anymore?

Old 05-30-2017, 05:51 AM   #11
Cool As Ice Cream

i see you're a bit of a beer snob.

Old 05-30-2017, 06:22 AM   #12
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Lining the walls with egg cartons never occurred to you?

That's another C grade, right there.

Old 05-30-2017, 07:25 AM   #13
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard View Post
Lining the walls with egg cartons never occurred to you?

That's another C grade, right there.
it would not do a single thing as to improve sound insulation.

Old 05-30-2017, 06:49 AM   #14
Cool As Ice Cream

patience, buzzard. he can only eat so many eggs.

Old 05-30-2017, 07:59 AM   #15
Disco King
Minion of Satan

http://i.imgur.com/N2VnNCP.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool As Ice Cream View Post
patience, buzzard. he can only eat so many eggs.
He doesn't have to eat them, silly. He could just take them down to local a soup kitchen and egg the needy.

Old 05-30-2017, 07:47 PM   #16
pavementtune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco King View Post
Is this grammatically correct? "I'm sending you to jail and ruining your life" sounds wrong. And ruin your life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram27 View Post

let's try the bad advice
yay!

- Try other drugs if whatever medication you are on makes you feel worse. Weed and MDMA for starters.

- You'll be 21 in no time and can drink your liver away any time and any place, like the rest of us.

Actually that's not the worst advice I could come up with. Have you tried volunteering?

Seriously though, take it out on your drums over the summer, 3 months is a long time, you can figure out where to set them up next semester.

Old 05-30-2017, 09:33 PM   #17
Ram27
dumb

Quote:

yay!

- Try other drugs if whatever medication you are on makes you feel worse. Weed and MDMA for starters.

- You'll be 21 in no time and can drink your liver away any time and any place, like the rest of us.

Actually that's not the worst advice I could come up with. Have you tried volunteering?

Seriously though, take it out on your drums over the summer, 3 months is a long time, you can figure out where to set them up next semester.
hey hey that's actually great advice. i thought it was going to be like what my dad said; get over it and stop feeling sorry for yourself

- drugs are fun i should try drugs. i bought CBD oil in a shop September last year (but the fucking DEA changed some shit so that's not allowed anymore) and now that i think about it probably actually did help. i'd love to do molly

- so hype

well my punishment is that i have to do 16 hours of community service. it's not actually voluntary but it is volunteering, kinda

Old 05-30-2017, 11:28 PM   #18
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Is this grammatically correct? "I'm sending you to jail and ruining your life" sounds wrong. And ruin your life.

[...]

It's correct. "Ruining" is present tense, so it agrees with the rest of the sentence.

It alternately could have said, "I will send you to jail and ruin your life."

When grammer trips me up, I remove some clauses and isolate the one giving me trouble. "I'm ruining your life," not "I'm ruin your life." "I will ruin your life" works also.

Re: MDMA acquired some recently and am thinking of trying it out with a lady who's cool with drugs.

A recent date really wanted to try DMT and I mentioned I have some. She seemed excited, but she ghosted me after that.

Old 05-31-2017, 12:18 AM   #19
redbreegull

Quote:

Re: MDMA acquired some recently and am thinking of trying it out with a lady who's cool with drugs.
both of you are going to tell each other your deepest darkest secrets and then possibly touch each other all over your bodies

just be prepared

Old 05-31-2017, 06:17 PM   #20
Elphenor
Braindead

Quote:

You will talk a whole lot of nonsense but it'll feel excellent

I hope you don't comedown the way I do though, I had to quit

Old 05-30-2017, 07:28 AM   #21
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

Ram, i don't understand why you're so freaked out about this?

are there any serious repercussions law wise?
it's gonna come off your record pretty soon, what are you so worried about?

Last edited by teh b0lly!!1 : 05-30-2017 at 07:45 AM. Reason: improper phrasing

Old 05-30-2017, 07:41 AM   #22
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Sad thread is not sad enough!!!!1

Old 05-30-2017, 08:00 AM   #23
LaBelle
Socialphobic

You know where eskimos keep their eggs?

In an eggloo

Old 05-30-2017, 08:23 AM   #24
FoolofaTook

Poor ram27 got the cops called on him.

LOL I'LL SEE IN IN PRISON SON

Old 05-30-2017, 09:29 AM   #25
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

i'm sorry ram, that's really shitty.

i know drums are kinda ruined for you at the moment but finding another way to play them might be a good way to help overcome this feeling. just a thought

Old 05-30-2017, 11:56 AM   #26
Ram27
dumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool As Ice Cream View Post
why can't you drive anymore?
Oh, that's just because of my parents

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
i'm sorry ram, that's really shitty.

i know drums are kinda ruined for you at the moment but finding another way to play them might be a good way to help overcome this feeling. just a thought
thanks, yeah. now that school's over and i'm back at home i have been able to play a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh b0lly!!1 View Post
Ram, i don't understand why you're so freaked out about this?

are there any serious repercussions law wise?
it's gonna come off your record pretty soon, what are you so worried about?
Nothing serious at all legally. I wish I wasn't so freaked out about it. I don't know why either....just a snowball effect, I guess. It all just feels very dehumanizing and shitty.

Old 05-30-2017, 09:59 AM   #27
Cool As Ice Cream

maybe you can practice on a drum set made of pillows.

Old 05-30-2017, 11:15 AM   #28
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

This cool guy right here has a solution for you

http://magazine.dv247.com/wp-content...land-hd-11.jpg

Old 05-30-2017, 11:18 AM   #29
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

That's like telling a pianist without a piano to try one of these

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/_CjayxAWlQ8/maxresdefault.jpg

But you know, desperate times call for desperate measures

Old 05-30-2017, 08:20 PM   #30
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixnix View Post
This cool guy right here has a solution for you

http://magazine.dv247.com/wp-content...land-hd-11.jpg
That's the exact "drum set" that I own haha.

It looks like a piece of crap, but it's a great tool to practice on, and sounds surprisingly good when jamming with people or playing along to albums.