Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Smashing Pumpkins Boards > Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Photo Album Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2019, 01:58 AM   #1
fuzzyroes
Immortal

Default Beavis and Butthead on Smashing Pumpkins

I just purchased the Mike Judge Collection of the Beavis and Butthead shorts and man, that shit has aged better than I thought it would!

It's weird, because in a lot of ways Beavis and Butthead were role models for me when I was a little kid. I know that sounds crazy, but hear me out! When I was little kid like 9-12 years old (95-98), Beavis and Butthead was on in reruns on Much Music all of the time and me and my little dumb friends would sit around and always watch it. And there was a lot of relatability for us and those characters. We'd just hang around a small little town, riding our bikes around, doing dumb shit, laughing about everything as we make fun of everyone and everything to each other, hanging around the 7-11 drinking slurpees, watching music videos. It was like Beavis and Butthead were one of us

I sort of forgot how influential that show was for me and my friends when we were growing up until I revisited it.

The humor holds up really well. It's brilliant because it's so outwardly stupid, but then there's all these really clever moments beneath the surface and hilarious moments that ring truthful and it creates this great balance with the B&BH chracters. Mike Judge sorta nailed that again later with King of The Hill and really pretty much all of his projects (Office Space, Idiocracy)

If you guys haven't watched the show in a long time, I highly recommend revisiting it. The Judge box-sets don't have the videos interwoven as they were originally aired, but the 3rd disc in the box set has a bunch of the music video commentary. I reckon it would be to expensive for Judge and MTV to reissue the series as it originally aired with all the licensing fees.

Old 04-16-2019, 02:55 AM   #2
fuzzyroes
Immortal

This guy has the biggest Beavis and Butthead collection in the world.

Here he shows his B&BH VHS collection and you can catch a glimpse of some of his other collectibles... He literally has every piece of B&BH memorabilia

Old 04-16-2019, 04:53 AM   #3
smashingjj
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post

It's weird, because in a lot of ways Beavis and Butthead were role models for me when I was a little kid. I know that sounds crazy, but hear me out!
don't worry, I would have believed that without reading the rest of the post.

Old 04-16-2019, 06:27 PM   #4
reprise85
garbage person

Location: I'm surprised you guys are so big on rap, considering it's the most masochistic music of any genre.

exactly

Closed Thread