Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06-05-2008, 02:25 AM   #91
fluxequalsrad
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by wHATcOLOR View Post
haven't you read a single thing i've typed to Ol' Couch Ass?

no

Old 06-05-2008, 02:26 AM   #92
Ol' Couch Ass
Socialphobic

it's been working for me... problem is i'm at work so no booze. if this blows up i'm just gone. I'm seriously just going to leave this foul stenchland. it will be motivation to finally go somewhere and get done with school and stop being an idiot. the best revenge is living well.

Old 06-05-2008, 02:28 AM   #93
fluxequalsrad
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol' Couch Ass View Post
the best revenge is living well.
I.E. - Making them jealous in an attempt to win them back.

... but secretly actually wanting them back when they decide you're cool enough to date again... I hate being in this boat.

Old 06-05-2008, 02:29 AM   #94
wHATcOLOR
THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

Location: || MY NAME IS KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID ROCK!!

how old are you fluxequalsrad

Old 06-05-2008, 02:29 AM   #95
Ol' Couch Ass
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluxequalsrad View Post
I.E. - Making them jealous in an attempt to win them back.

... but secretly actually wanting them back when they decide you're cool enough to date again... I hate being in this boat.

I don't think we're talking about the same thing here chief.

Old 06-05-2008, 09:09 AM   #96
Luke de Spa
someone more...punk rock?

Location: Ice cream pig out in M1-aud is why i don't play plug in baby the wrong way, like you

board admin priority #4: to stop fluxequalsux from using any form of 1st person pronoun

Old 06-05-2008, 10:58 AM   #97
fluxequalsrad
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
how old are you fluxequalsrad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke de Spa View Post
board admin priority #4: to stop fluxequalsux from using any form of 1st person pronoun
drunk last night, sorry everyone.

Old 06-05-2008, 11:02 AM   #98
Kahlo

thanks for the NSFW tag asshole

Old 06-05-2008, 12:40 PM   #99
wHATcOLOR

Old 06-05-2008, 01:06 PM   #100
Eulogy
huh

Quote:
it honestly isn't a stretch to go from "I didn't tell you because we were having a hard time and I didn't know if our relationship could handle it" to being flattered one night during one of our fights and rubbing uglies with that asshole.

i think it could be, depending on the person. i don't really want to give you advice because i'm an idiot, but i do think you should avoid making any kind of decisions for a little while. if you know what i'm sayin'.

Old 06-05-2008, 01:13 PM   #101
Ol' Couch Ass
Socialphobic

Sound advice Eulogy. I've been rolling it back and forth through my head since late Sunday night and I'm still without any real idea or plan. I'm currently in the middle of a 36 hour shift spent by myself at a remote station at the foot of the Smokey Mountains and am bouncing off the walls.

Old 06-05-2008, 01:15 PM   #102
Kahlo

Quote:
the rules don't apply to a Netphorian legend like you do they Jesse?

Old 06-05-2008, 01:37 PM   #103
Nimrod's Son
Master of Karate and Friendship

Quote:
Women man... what the hell.
In this case it sounds as if the problems are yours. The trust issues are yours. It doesn't sound as if she cheated, but in a way you wish she did because that would make your decision easier.

Old 06-05-2008, 01:48 PM   #104
Future Boy
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
i think she's been lurking on netphoria the past couple of weeks
We'd like to hear your side of the story, Lady Couch Ass. Lets see if we cant work this out.

Old 06-05-2008, 01:51 PM   #105
Ol' Couch Ass
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimrod's Son View Post
In this case it sounds as if the problems are yours. The trust issues are yours. It doesn't sound as if she cheated, but in a way you wish she did because that would make your decision easier.
But is not any lie unacceptable especially when we had prided our relationship upon and credited any success (marginal or otherwise) to 100% disclosure on all things no matter how uncomfortable?

Old 06-05-2008, 01:56 PM   #106
Future Boy
The Man of Tomorrow

Did she show you anything she sent him? You get nothing out of what he sent her, it seems his intentions were clear already.

Old 06-05-2008, 01:58 PM   #107
Ol' Couch Ass
Socialphobic

She said that her txt messages were basically just leave me alone. While I was able to pilfer the cellphone her txt messages had already been filled up with useless chatter with buddies. I have 16 more hours to sit here and stew

Old 06-05-2008, 02:01 PM   #108
Nimrod's Son

Quote:
But is not any lie unacceptable especially when we had prided our relationship upon and credited any success (marginal or otherwise) to 100% disclosure on all things no matter how uncomfortable?
Where are the lies? She didn't go into details about the creepy guy down the street?

If this is how you react to things like that, I don't blame her.

Old 06-05-2008, 02:01 PM   #109
wHATcOLOR

Quote:
She said that her txt messages were basically just leave me alone. While I was able to pilfer the cellphone her txt messages had already been filled up with useless chatter with buddies. I have 16 more hours to sit here and stew

i think we could all use a good stew. gollum, fetch the 'taters!

Old 06-05-2008, 02:04 PM   #110
Ol' Couch Ass
Socialphobic

Best case scenario. She is completely honest and dude was just bothering her. The problem is that she and I (and him to a lesser extent) share the same workplace and as I was mindlessly going through my days I heard increasing rumors that something might be going on. I of course stated "no, never could be. that's just nonsense" while all the while something was going on even if it was completely innocent on her part. All the while I asked her about these increasing rumors and she denied any sort of relationship or communication with him whatsoever.

Old 06-05-2008, 02:21 PM   #111
Nimrod's Son

So you don't think he's spreading rumors to try and break you up so he can make his move?

This guy: 1
You: 0

Old 06-05-2008, 02:24 PM   #112
Ol' Couch Ass
Socialphobic

It would have been fine for a good laugh had she not been actively trying to insulate me from these rumors including denials of communication when asked directly.

As for him, I could give a shit. Dude has bigger problems. I honestly hope that if we break up they end up together because he is a stupid shit (already with an idiot wife and idiot kids) and I'm sure everything would work our horrendously for them.

Old 06-05-2008, 03:32 PM   #113
fluxequalsrad
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
I honestly hope that if we break up they end up together because he is a stupid shit (already with an idiot wife and idiot kids) and I'm sure everything would work our horrendously for them.
haahhahaah... I feel that way too about my ex's new bf, but then again a lot of girls get by with loser guys because they do one or two things right.

Nimrod's Son, is your message to Couch Butt that he is being a whiner, and being overly jealous/suspicious? - And that he should be more trusting and this wouldn't happen or something?

Old 06-05-2008, 04:42 PM   #114
Luke de Spa
someone more...punk rock?

Location: Ice cream pig out in M1-aud is why i don't play plug in baby the wrong way, like you

Quote:
drunk last night, sorry everyone.
no, that's not it. every response you make to anyone is basically "oh. well here's how things are for me. me me me me". you need to stop

Old 06-05-2008, 06:18 PM   #115
Nimrod's Son

Quote:
haahhahaah... I feel that way too about my ex's new bf, but then again a lot of girls get by with loser guys because they do one or two things right.

Nimrod's Son, is your message to Couch Butt that he is being a whiner, and being overly jealous/suspicious? - And that he should be more trusting and this wouldn't happen or something?
My point is the guy sounds as if he's trying to make an excuse to justify dumping her.

Old 06-05-2008, 07:22 PM   #116
bardy
Immortal

I dont understand why OCA cant find out the real answer. I mean right now he is obviously not at home and at work for 36 hours, but why havent you two had a real conversation where you ask her to be honest and then tell her what your suspicions are? your info all kind of sounds like "I asked her blahblah" and 'I told her blahblah" but I haven't really seen any "SHE SAID....." yet. A lot of your information seems to come from you getting bits and pieces from third parties and the piecing together with your overactive imagination.

If you are thinking about ending this relationship without even having a come-to-blows about this topic with her then you are obviously "over" the situation... and as Nimrod said, trying to find a reason to dump her.

Old 06-05-2008, 07:31 PM   #117
Ol' Couch Ass
Socialphobic

I have Bardy and she has unilaterally denied the fault or guilt in the entire incident including ever really become buddies with the guy. Sadly, I know that to at best be an understatement. I even asked her straight up if she had talked about the dude with any of her friends (when I already had confirmed that she had) and she stated "maybe one or two times" which again is at best an understatement. I'm torn because I think she is either guilty as shit or just spinning in circles because she didn't do anything that wrong and our 2 year relationship is about to blow up over it. She is painted into a corner in any case and I feel like I'm just not getting the 100% truths.

Now, to make things worse she keeps texting me things like "i'm at the house now," "i'm going to the store" etc as if I give a shit or as if it isn't entirely too late to be trying to keep tabs on her. If this nonsense happened it was a couple of months ago not right now... I don't need the status updates. "i'm not currently banging that guy lol!"

Old 06-05-2008, 07:42 PM   #118
bardy
Immortal

If she wasn't guilty, then her reactions to your questions would probably make it fairly obvious that she was telling the truth. If someone I loved was accusing me of things I didn't do that I thought would end our relationship I would be freaking out!!saying stuff like " OH MY GOD! WHAT! I DIDNT DO ANYTHING! WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO DO TO PROVE THAT, DO YOU WANT TO TALK TO MY FRIENDS, DO YOU WANT TO SEE MY PHONE HISTORY, DO YOU WANT ME TO CALL HIM RIGHT NOW AND PUT IT ON SPEAKERPHONE? etc etc etc I mean just grasping at ways to make the other person see the truth...

If she is just saying "no!" and not really offering anything besides that (and she must know how upset you are about it) then she is hiding something. Hiding something doesn't mean that she is cheating on you, but maybe she enjoyed the attention the guy was giving her and lead him on. Maybe she is embarassed about liking some douchebags attention. There are a million possible scenarios which is probably why you are going insane... I am an idiot and would keep asking and asking until they completely flipped otu and either confessed or said "fuck you I'm out" but I am not someone to emulate.

Old 06-05-2008, 07:50 PM   #119
sickbadthing
Out fart the hottie!

If you can't trust her then break up with her.

It's not that hard to figure out.

Old 06-05-2008, 07:51 PM   #120
noyen
Immortal

THAT MAKES TOO MUCH SENSE