Netphoria Message Board


Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > General Chat Message Board
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Photo Album Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: what do?
spray paint house with "white trash cracker" epitaph 3 27.27%
do nothing 1 9.09%
talk to nephew because his dad is a dumbass piece of shit 4 36.36%
i'm drunk so imade this thread 3 27.27%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2015, 03:22 PM   #31
slunken
Virgo
 
slunken's Avatar
 
Posts: 39,120
Default

SP CAMP IS PISSED

 
slunken is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 03:23 PM   #32
D.
shoegaze thot
 
D.'s Avatar
 
Location: Houston
Posts: 35,761
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slunken View Post
I thought it was because race shouldn't be an issue? Trash is trash and referring to a race is what makes it racist, right?
lol awww I feel so sorry for white people.

 
D. is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 03:25 PM   #33
slunken
Virgo
 
slunken's Avatar
 
Posts: 39,120
Default

idk i've only ever been on the receiving end of that one

i wanted to buy a trailer remember

bullyq would be a great name for a bully headquarters

 
slunken is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 03:58 PM   #34
D.
shoegaze thot
 
D.'s Avatar
 
Location: Houston
Posts: 35,761
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuralyonW3 View Post
Can't believe this is still not a known thing
Oh, i mean, I've heard that. But I don't really believe it. I can entertain the idea of it, but I don't necessarily agree with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slunken View Post
bullyq would be a great name for a bully headquarters
Hahaha

 
D. is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 03:59 PM   #35
Order 66
Socialphobic
 
Order 66's Avatar
 
Posts: 11,885
Default

#WhiteLivesSplatter

 
Order 66 is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 04:25 PM   #36
Eulogy
huh
 
Posts: 61,668
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. View Post
Oh, i mean, I've heard that. But I don't really believe it. I can entertain the idea of it, but I don't necessarily agree with it.


Hahaha
What do you mean you don't agree with it

It's racist. Full stop. Don't use it.

 
Eulogy is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 04:26 PM   #37
Eulogy
huh
 
Posts: 61,668
Default

It's like saying "oh i don't mean all black people just the *******."

Just don't.

 
Eulogy is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 04:41 PM   #38
Eulogy
huh
 
Posts: 61,668
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slunken View Post
I don't think I've heard it that way. Please elaborate. Is it because it assumes most whites aren't trash?

I thought it was because race shouldn't be an issue? Trash is trash and referring to a race is what makes it racist, right?

Like if I called someone a motherfucker that's fine, but if I called someone an indian motherfucker that would racist, right?
Basically you've got it.

It's not racist against white people. In case there's confusion there.

 
Eulogy is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 04:59 PM   #39
Bread Regal
Banned
 
Posts: 5,711
Default

Yeah D. You're wrong on this one.

You should totally go to this kids house with your service weapon though and fire a warning shot into the drywall behind them.

 
Bread Regal is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 05:04 PM   #40
Bread Regal
Banned
 
Posts: 5,711
Default

When I first heard the term "white trash", I wasn't fully aware of its context and for a long time took it to mean a rich person showing contempt for people of lower socioeconomic standing. I still think that's be a way more appropriate and useful application of the phrase.

 
Bread Regal is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 05:45 PM   #41
Ihaguitar
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Ihaguitar's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,132
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavementtune View Post
only to his face, see how that goes
lol

 
Ihaguitar is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 07:26 PM   #42
D.
shoegaze thot
 
D.'s Avatar
 
Location: Houston
Posts: 35,761
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bread Regal View Post
Yeah D. You're wrong on this one..
Yeah, I mean, I get it and I probably am wrong on this. I

Im just real glad Eulogy chose to focus on the most important part of this story.

 
D. is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 07:44 PM   #43
slunken
Virgo
 
slunken's Avatar
 
Posts: 39,120
Default


 
slunken is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 09:03 PM   #44
vixnix
Socialphobic
 
vixnix's Avatar
 
Location: pulitzer surprise motherfucker
Posts: 11,623
Default

White trash is how people of colour refer to those who had a massive advantage over us because they're white, but somehow still managed to end up being shit poor.

To us that deserves a special mention. We're like, shit man. You gotta be even worse than us because you're white! You must have really fucking blown it.


There's trash in any ethnic group, but ethnic people single out white trash as the worst kind because you know, at least these motherfuckers had a chance not to be trash. They just coulda slapped on some makeup and new clothes and joined the elite, but they chose to just fuck each other and spawn and spend all their money on lottery tickets and liquor and just be dumb motherfuckers instead.

Dude, that's some trash right there. That's what we call some white trash.

 
vixnix is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 09:07 PM   #45
vixnix
Socialphobic
 
vixnix's Avatar
 
Location: pulitzer surprise motherfucker
Posts: 11,623
Default

Now a bunch of WASPs come along and point fingers at us and say "that's racist against your own people! you shouldn't say that! You're inferring that when trash is white, it's deserving of a special mention because most trash isn't white!"

No shit, motherfucker! Most trash came about because your people turned up on our doorstep with guns and influenza and fucked us up! We've made peace with how we ended up being trash. Of course white people being trash deserves a special mention. That's some kind of dumb motherfucker superpower right there that manages to demote itself from a place of political privilege into the trailer parks. Us coloured folk are gonna go ahead and call that whatever we like, but you know. Thanks for the feedback.

 
vixnix is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 09:12 PM   #46
Bread Regal
Banned
 
Posts: 5,711
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. View Post
Im just real glad Eulogy chose to focus on the most important part of this story.

 
Bread Regal is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 09:13 PM   #47
Bread Regal
Banned
 
Posts: 5,711
Default

Coincidentally, the came of the cab company in that clip is also problematic.

 
Bread Regal is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 03:49 AM   #48
Mals Marola
Minion of Satan
 
Mals Marola's Avatar
 
Location: When the topic turns to the bassist, Corgan becomes uneasy.
Posts: 5,951
Default

"white trash" isn't really about putting whites in the category of another race, or even saying that much about whites in generally, it's almost a race in itself, because the kind of things indicative of it are pretty much exclusives to whites in that situation

p.s. if someone said nigger, they said it. ignoring the word or being afraid of it is only going to give it that much more power when actual racists use it.

 
Mals Marola is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 03:58 AM   #49
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!
 
Cool As Ice Cream's Avatar
 
Location: František! How's the foot of your turtle?
Posts: 30,533
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixnix View Post
White trash is how people of colour refer to those who had a massive advantage over us because they're white, but somehow still managed to end up being shit poor.

To us that deserves a special mention. We're like, shit man. You gotta be even worse than us because you're white! You must have really fucking blown it.


There's trash in any ethnic group, but ethnic people single out white trash as the worst kind because you know, at least these motherfuckers had a chance not to be trash. They just coulda slapped on some makeup and new clothes and joined the elite, but they chose to just fuck each other and spawn and spend all their money on lottery tickets and liquor and just be dumb motherfuckers instead.

Dude, that's some trash right there. That's what we call some white trash.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vixnix View Post
Now a bunch of WASPs come along and point fingers at us and say "that's racist against your own people! you shouldn't say that! You're inferring that when trash is white, it's deserving of a special mention because most trash isn't white!"

No shit, motherfucker! Most trash came about because your people turned up on our doorstep with guns and influenza and fucked us up! We've made peace with how we ended up being trash. Of course white people being trash deserves a special mention. That's some kind of dumb motherfucker superpower right there that manages to demote itself from a place of political privilege into the trailer parks. Us coloured folk are gonna go ahead and call that whatever we like, but you know. Thanks for the feedback.
wow.

 
Cool As Ice Cream is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 06:28 AM   #50
Sonic Johnny
Through Silver In Buds
 
Sonic Johnny's Avatar
 
Location: Centralia
Posts: 16,408
Default

Come on CAIC don't pretend like you're shocked

 
Sonic Johnny is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 06:39 AM   #51
vixnix
Socialphobic
 
vixnix's Avatar
 
Location: pulitzer surprise motherfucker
Posts: 11,623
Default

Yes CAIC, boss. Silence me so you can teach me the non-racist ways of your countrymen.


 
vixnix is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 06:40 AM   #52
Mals Marola
Minion of Satan
 
Mals Marola's Avatar
 
Location: When the topic turns to the bassist, Corgan becomes uneasy.
Posts: 5,951
Default

haha, i bet if the whites were still around today, they would use windows 10

 
Mals Marola is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 06:51 AM   #53
vixnix
Socialphobic
 
vixnix's Avatar
 
Location: pulitzer surprise motherfucker
Posts: 11,623
Default

uptight windows user

 
vixnix is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 06:55 AM   #54
Mals Marola
Minion of Satan
 
Mals Marola's Avatar
 
Location: When the topic turns to the bassist, Corgan becomes uneasy.
Posts: 5,951
Default

nah dawg im l00se as a g00se

 
Mals Marola is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 07:12 AM   #55
Sonic Johnny
Through Silver In Buds
 
Sonic Johnny's Avatar
 
Location: Centralia
Posts: 16,408
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixnix View Post
Yes CAIC, boss. Silence me so you can teach me the non-racist ways of your countrymen.

What is this, "take broad shots at people's nationality" week on netphoria?

 
Sonic Johnny is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 07:15 AM   #56
Ihaguitar
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Ihaguitar's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,132
Default

What a wank thread.

 
Ihaguitar is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 07:20 AM   #57
dreams of glass
Apocalyptic Poster
 
dreams of glass's Avatar
 
Location: The Bay Area, CA
Posts: 2,222
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Johnny View Post
What is this, "take broad shots at people's nationality" week on netphoria?
doesn't the Slayer song 'Angel of Death' glorify the Nazi physician Josef Mengele?

not cool, man.

 
dreams of glass is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 07:35 AM   #58
Ihaguitar
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Ihaguitar's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,132
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams of glass View Post
doesn't the Slayer song 'Angel of Death' glorify the Nazi physician Josef Mengele?

not cool, man.
"Angel of Death"

 
Ihaguitar is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 07:53 AM   #59
Mals Marola
Minion of Satan
 
Mals Marola's Avatar
 
Location: When the topic turns to the bassist, Corgan becomes uneasy.
Posts: 5,951
Default

nah dawg thems be scare quotes man, dog don't play that shit!

 
Mals Marola is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 08:01 AM   #60
vixnix
Socialphobic
 
vixnix's Avatar
 
Location: pulitzer surprise motherfucker
Posts: 11,623
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Johnny View Post
What is this, "take broad shots at people's nationality" week on netphoria?
I'm pretty sure since meeting him at the oboard, every 10th post of mine directed at CAIC has been a below the belt reference to the Belgian Congo. I just can't help myself.

In my defense I can only say that he initially outraged me by saying that he ate his soft boiled egg with bread soldiers, because unlike in other countries where the bread was so crap it had to be toasted to be edible, his could be dipped and eaten untoasted. Which I took to mean that he felt Belgian bread was superior to the bread of countries where toast soldiers are popular. So I went forward into battle armed with the only thing I knew about Belgians: that they once owned the Congo, including the native fauna item known as the Congolese people, and worked them to death in hot jungles on rubber plantations. It seemed as appropriate a response to any, to his bread elitism.

He regularly calls me a stupid cow. I don't know where he got that from or what significance it has to the ongoing conversation about the Congo.

 
vixnix is offline
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Google


Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
why is sex so important to you guys all the time bardy General Chat Archive 48 12-23-2007 08:33 AM
thoughts on a postmodern society redbull General Chat Archive 26 08-20-2007 01:37 AM
Wikipedia neopryn General Chat Archive 21 01-16-2007 09:59 PM
Styx - Come Sail Away MusicMan4 Music Board Archive 3 07-21-2006 10:04 PM
lollapalooza schedule is out transluscent Music Board Archive 160 06-25-2006 04:25 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:50 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Smashing Pumpkins, Alternative Music
& General Discussion Message Board and Forums
www.netphoria.org - Copyright © 1998-2014