Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08-27-2017, 02:56 PM   #61
The Omega Concern
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor View Post
oh so you're one of those self-hating mexicans (and you probably look and get treated like a white person)

Look dumbass...I guess you weren't there when I verbally mauled Trots on his racist allegations towards me.

Look at how hard you try to make me white? LOL. I got a huge family on my mothers side...30 first cousins alone, some gang-banging Norto's, others that are cops.

I'm guessing Conor was giving Floyd a compliment by saying he made him fight like a mexican, considering Stockton's own Nate Diaz has two excellent fights against Mcgregor where they split those matches.

Old 08-27-2017, 03:35 PM   #62
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

This is stupid.

Old 08-27-2017, 03:59 PM   #63
Bread Regal
Banned

sports are weird

Old 08-27-2017, 07:08 PM   #64
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnibos View Post
Was entertaining enough. Didnt look like the fix was in or whatever but I'm sure that won't stop idiots from speculating
Josh Donaldson from the Toronto Blue Jays thinks so

Josh Donaldson‏Verified account @BringerOfRain20

Rigged!!!
9:51 PM - 26 Aug 2017

Guys making 100 million plus got to go to the canvas and not get up to get knocked out.

Old 08-27-2017, 08:07 PM   #65
The Omega Concern
Banned

The reductiveness argumentation towards a leftist catch-phrase of identity politics is obviously some type of reflex from an indoctrinated condition. It sure as hell ain't no educated one, it's vastly too narrow to be considered as such.

Old 08-27-2017, 08:41 PM   #66
Bread Regal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
Josh Donaldson from the Toronto Blue Jays thinks so

Rigged!!!
9:51 PM - 26 Aug 2017

Guys making 100 million plus got to go to the canvas and not get up to get knocked out.
i don't think that's in the ABC rules

Old 08-27-2017, 09:05 PM   #67
JESUSNEEDSAHIT
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Omega Concern View Post
The reductiveness argumentation towards a leftist catch-phrase of identity politics is obviously some type of reflex from an indoctrinated condition. It sure as hell ain't no educated one, it's vastly too narrow to be considered as such.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poots View Post
So "Mexican" now implies race?

I wonder if there would have been the same accusations of racism had it been "he fought like a Belgian"
strong showing by teh retard squad on this sunday eve

Old 08-27-2017, 09:15 PM   #68
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poots View Post
So "Mexican" now implies race?

I wonder if there would have been the same accusations of racism had it been "he fought like a Belgian"
because Belgians are persecuted minorities in america?

Old 08-27-2017, 09:22 PM   #69
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

while we're at it, all lives matter and I don't see color and one human family etc.

Old 08-27-2017, 09:24 PM   #70
slunken
Virgo

god, you are so brave.

Old 08-27-2017, 10:05 PM   #71
Dogfighter28
ILL KILL UR DOG

The Mexican thing is meant to be a compliment as they apparently have a really good reputation in the fighting world for having hard chins and being aggressive fighters. Mayweather usually turtles up and fights a very boring style but he was forced to fight more like they do.

I thought it sounded pretty racist when he said it but I think it's fine now that I know the context.

Old 08-27-2017, 10:12 PM   #72
yo soy el mejor

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogfighter28 View Post
The Mexican thing is meant to be a compliment as they apparently have a really good reputation in the fighting world for having hard chins and being aggressive fighters. Mayweather usually turtles up and fights a very boring style but he was forced to fight more like they do.

I thought it sounded pretty racist when he said it but I think it's fine now that I know the context.
black people are really good at basketball. i turned him into a black person tonight; he played basketball like a black person.

i can say it's a compliment, but it's racist and ignorant as fuck.

Old 08-27-2017, 10:13 PM   #73
yo soy el mejor

i'm glad to know you, white man byron barnes, think it's fine now that you know the "context". you just get it, man.

Old 08-27-2017, 10:23 PM   #74
Bread Regal
Banned

Last edited by Bread Regal : 09-02-2017 at 11:32 PM. Reason: fuzzy pos repped this post

Old 08-27-2017, 10:30 PM   #75
yo soy el mejor

aye, mi jodido dios

Old 08-27-2017, 11:21 PM   #76
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

Quote:
I'm mexican and when he said that, I laughed.

But then, I'm not a little bitch snowflake like anyone must be to be upset about such a thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohnoitsbonnie View Post
Shut up
And pay for our wall!

Old 08-31-2017, 07:30 PM   #77
yo soy el mejor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bread Regal View Post
not trying to mince words here, but if you said "he played basketball like an african" it would come off a lot differently.

it also just happens that in our society "mexican", like "jew", is one of those words that means something different depending on the inflection, context, etc. and if mcgregor didn't mean it "that way", then it's really his fault for being poorly understood, especially after all of the iffy stuff he's been saying in the lead up to this fight.
wasn't he just saying a bunch of other racist stuff leading up to this fight?

three white men telling me, a mexican girl, that a racist comment about mexicans is cool with them for one reason or another (he didn't mean it that way. it's meant to be a compliment, etc) and thinking that should make it okay with me (and getting defensive when it doesnt) is problematic yet sadly typical.

i bet if any of you did this in real-life and told the story to netphoria, you'd all chide each other for it. white people always love to tell one another to listen to or believe a minority when they say something is offensive or racist, but hardly any actually do.

Last edited by yo soy el mejor : 08-31-2017 at 07:46 PM.

Old 08-31-2017, 09:07 PM   #78
Bread Regal
Banned

i...don't think we're disagreeing?

i said it depends on the context. the context here is that it came out of the mouth of a person who has said a lot of racist shit and never apologized for it. he hasn't tried to clarify himself since, so it is therefore racist. sorry if i wasn't clear. wasn't trying to whitesplain.

my only point in that post is: given that sports are an expression of culture, and certain styles of play are an outgrowth of cultural insulation, there are some situations where it'd be acceptable to say that someone

"plays baseball like a dominican"
"plays basketball like a balkan"
"plays cricket like a pakistani"

this is not one of those situations. conor, the unrepentant racist, had an opportunity to explain himself, and didn't. therefore: racist

Old 09-01-2017, 12:15 AM   #79
The Omega Concern
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor View Post
wasn't he just saying a bunch of other racist stuff leading up to this fight?

three white men telling me, a mexican girl, that a racist comment about mexicans is cool with them for one reason or another (he didn't mean it that way. it's meant to be a compliment, etc) and thinking that should make it okay with me (and getting defensive when it doesnt) is problematic yet sadly typical.

i bet if any of you did this in real-life and told the story to netphoria, you'd all chide each other for it. white people always love to tell one another to listen to or believe a minority when they say something is offensive or racist, but hardly any actually do.

eh chica, nice world you live in.

i was turning a blind corner today and a guy comes out from behind it and I had to hit the brakes quick and hard. It wasn't close or anything, but could of been a moment or two later. We both check up and wave each other on.

So I park and he comes up with a smile and says, "EH!!!" I'm all, "Shit bra...no worries. I can outrun most Samoans, but I don't know about you."

He laughed yo soy, just like I did at Conor. I smiled back. relax girl, así son los chicos.

Old 09-01-2017, 12:19 AM   #80
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Oh, I'm sure this will get a great response.

Old 09-01-2017, 12:44 AM   #81
yo soy el mejor

Quote:
eh chica, nice world you live in.

i was turning a blind corner today and a guy comes out from behind it and I had to hit the brakes quick and hard. It wasn't close or anything, but could of been a moment or two later. We both check up and wave each other on.

So I park and he comes up with a smile and says, "EH!!!" I'm all, "Shit bra...no worries. I can outrun most Samoans, but I don't know about you."

He laughed yo soy, just like I did at Conor. I smiled back. relax girl, así son los chicos.
i'm not him. or you.

i have pride in who i am so don't think smiling at racist remarks makes me a big person.

Old 09-01-2017, 12:48 AM   #82
yo soy el mejor

and i'm also not as foolish as you, toc. don't forget how tragically misguided you are in general.