Ihaman
Sometimes, though.

Thumbs up iron chef ultimate upsets marathon

oh yes, this is gonna rock.

Old 01-01-2003, 01:22 AM   #2
Samsa
Banned

Unhappy

i wanna watch that soooo bad but my parents are throwing this retarded party. only for two hours though officially though hmm it's an 'open house" god knows how long people will REALLY be here though. hmm. i wanna watch the ultimate upsets marathon! what are its hours?

Old 01-01-2003, 01:25 AM   #3
DeviousJ
CORNFROST

Quote:
Originally posted by Samsa
i wanna watch that soooo bad but my parents are throwing this retarded party. only for two hours though officially though hmm it's an 'open house" god knows how long people will REALLY be here though. hmm. i wanna watch the ultimate upsets marathon! what are its hours?
VCR?

Sean that smiley is dancing to my music!

Old 01-01-2003, 01:33 AM   #4
Samsa
Banned

Thumbs down

vcrs are absolutely pointless for me. the kinds of shows i enjoy watching are the kinds of shows that can only be enjoyed spontaneously. you don't tape iron chef the way you tape e.r. it just doesn't happen. the whole point of iron chef is that it's...i don't know. it's THERE. i can't explain. but the whole concept of sitting down to watch a tape recorded marathon bothers me it's like watching a tape-recorded football game or something. or the tape-recorded olympics. sometimes spontaneity is EVERYTHING.

Old 01-01-2003, 01:36 AM   #5
Ihaman
Sometimes, though.

Quote:
Originally posted by Samsa
vcrs are absolutely pointless for me. the kinds of shows i enjoy watching are the kinds of shows that can only be enjoyed spontaneously. you don't tape iron chef the way you tape e.r. it just doesn't happen. the whole point of iron chef is that it's...i don't know. it's THERE. i can't explain. but the whole concept of sitting down to watch a tape recorded marathon bothers me it's like watching a tape-recorded football game or something. or the tape-recorded olympics. sometimes spontaneity is EVERYTHING.
i agree!

Old 01-01-2003, 01:37 AM   #6
Samsa
Banned

Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by Ihaman

i agree!
finally! someone who understands! my dad is obsessed with taping things. he tapes EVERYTHING and i just don't get it. i have this revulsion to taping shows and watching it later. and my dad just doesn't get it! but yay! you do!

Old 01-01-2003, 01:42 AM   #7
DeviousJ
CORNFROST

Talking

looks like you'll have to disappear to your room!

Old 01-01-2003, 01:45 AM   #8
Samsa
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by DeviousJ
looks like you'll have to disappear to your room!
i don't have tv in my room. there is a tv in the kitchen and in the basement/den whatever maybe i can hide down there??? maybe i can afford to miss 2 of their episodes. hmm lemme go research how long it's gonna be on.

Old 01-01-2003, 01:48 AM   #9
Samsa
Banned

See the Iron Chef Ultimate Upsets Marathon on Wednesday, January 1 from 12 pm to 2 am.

The excitement, the open flames, the spectacle of food flying all over the kitchen: Every episode of Iron Chef is a party. Plan your own with our handy Iron Chef Party Planner. Allez cuisine!

heh. i guess i could just watch it all night. that's enough iron chef for me. lol. allez cuisine. i had to go to some fan site before i figured out that that's what chairman kaga says after the gong is banged. sigh. allez cuisine

Old 01-01-2003, 03:10 PM   #10
Ghetto_Squirrel
Minion of Satan

I spent the night at my friend's house, and all of us were booted this morning so she could enjoy 13 hours of Iron Chef in peace. She's obsessed with that show.