Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 11-01-2018, 10:55 AM   #8971
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

Started nanowrimo today. Wrote my 1600 words. Yay me.

Also, late to the party, yesterday I listened to Tupac for the first time. That guy could really rap. Changes had me actually crying wtf. Why did it take me 20 years to listen to Tupac.

Old 11-01-2018, 11:59 AM   #8972
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Wan't Changes one of those posthumous thingies?

Old 11-01-2018, 12:00 PM   #8973
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

That's just the way it is.

Some things will never change.

Old 11-01-2018, 12:26 PM   #8974
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

Yeah, for sure. Like You Know You're Right, but I liked that, too.

I went wikipedia-ing and found out he was raised by Black Panther activists and was involved with high school drama and poetry workshops. His delivery is so good.

I see no changes wake up in the morning and I ask myself
Is life worth living should I blast myself?
I'm tired of bein' poor and even worse I'm black
My stomach hurts so I'm lookin' for a purse to snatch
Cops give a damn about a negro
Pull the trigger kill a nigga he's a hero
Give the crack to the kids who the hell cares
One less hungry mouth on the welfare
First ship 'em dope and let 'em deal the brothers
Give 'em guns step back watch 'em kill each other
It's time to fight back that's what Huey said
Two shots in the dark now Huey's dead

like wtf, the tears were pricking at my eyes

All I knew about Tupac before was CALIFORNIA: KNOWS HOW TO PARTY.

Old 11-01-2018, 12:33 PM   #8975
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

you haven't seen lemonscure's avatar?

Old 11-01-2018, 12:34 PM   #8976
FoolofaTook

http://forums.netphoria.org/customav...tar23883_5.gif

dude was RIPPED

Old 11-01-2018, 01:01 PM   #8977
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

after reading the Corgan Cringe Lyrics thread i can only imagine the field day some 'phorians would have on that Biggie diss track

Old 11-01-2018, 02:49 PM   #8978
FoolofaTook

Unhappy

I need help and not just in general with life.

In excel I need to apply gridlines and headings to my header and footer. But when I'm in the header or footer I can't click on any of the formatting buttons.

Anyone?

Old 11-01-2018, 03:21 PM   #8979
Elphenor
Braindead

had a group project but I didn't want to meet with the group, so I did the writing part of it

then did the part they were supposed to do as well JUST IN CASE they don't do it, I have like a back-up 2nd project

group projects are so bleh

Old 11-01-2018, 03:30 PM   #8980
myosis
Minion of Satan

they're meant to learn to collaborate and to delegate

Old 11-01-2018, 03:31 PM   #8981
myosis
Minion of Satan

but how can you actually trust undergrads though?

Old 11-01-2018, 03:50 PM   #8982
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
I need help and not just in general with life.

In excel I need to apply gridlines and headings to my header and footer. But when I'm in the header or footer I can't click on any of the formatting buttons.

Anyone?
header and footer fields can't be formatted this way, a way around is to choose regular cells as your space for the header and footer.

Old 11-01-2018, 07:08 PM   #8983
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Urgh I've been sick for the past few days. Even had to call in sick at my job for the first time

Old 11-01-2018, 07:09 PM   #8984
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

and then there is a certain poster with a LOT of negativity especially about the last SP album, which definitely doesn't make me feel better

Old 11-01-2018, 07:11 PM   #8985
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

oh no, küttü! virus, cold, fever, what is it?
you being sick makes me feel better, though. finally someone who might just be more bored than I am!

(jk, it doesn't, hope you can leave the house soon!)

Old 11-01-2018, 07:11 PM   #8986
FoolofaTook

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavementtune View Post
header and footer fields can't be formatted this way, a way around is to choose regular cells as your space for the header and footer.
thnx yo. that's what i thought, but the way the assignment was phrased it seemed that it was asking for the header/footer to be formatted. i think it just means the whole file.

Old 11-01-2018, 09:15 PM   #8987
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixnix View Post
Started nanowrimo today.
Can anybody sign up for that / how does it work?

Genuine question / not a brutal slam.

Old 11-01-2018, 09:17 PM   #8988
FoolofaTook

you brutally slam someone?

puh-lease!

Old 11-01-2018, 10:08 PM   #8989
vixnix
Socialphobic

Quote:
you haven't seen lemonscure's avatar?
Quote:
huh. no, i'd never noticed! Guys who are ripped on the outside aren't really my thing, I prefer people who are ripped on the inside, as in broken and torn apart, you know, because all love is vanity anyway and i'm just looking for another version of myself etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mals Marola View Post
after reading the Corgan Cringe Lyrics thread i can only imagine the field day some 'phorians would have on that Biggie diss track
I listened to that last night and had the wtf feelings in a totally different way. I was saying to my husband that Tupac's like I FUCKED YO WIFE AN' IMMA KILL YOU AND YO KIDS

Whereas I'm used to Snoop, who's more like "Homie I put tips on ya laaaayyyddyyyy then she was lickin ma salty ballz like nom nom Snoop you have the biggest nutz"

which is the same thing, but Snoop just has a bit more humour about him I guess.

I retreated to my safe rap space of doggystyle today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard View Post
Can anybody sign up for that / how does it work?

Genuine question / not a brutal slam.
I didn't bother signing up this year. I think the website can be pretty helpful and has a few tools and forums, but other people I know just try to write a novel during November because the short time frame makes it more manageable to write a lot, every day. That's why I'm doing it. Are you going to start??

Old 11-01-2018, 10:14 PM   #8990
FoolofaTook

say what you want about externally ripped dudes, but if you were facing a siberian wolf pack i bet you'd rather have a muscle bound hunk by your side instead of someone with tender feelings.

Old 11-01-2018, 10:14 PM   #8991
FoolofaTook

i've never listened to tupac btw

Old 11-01-2018, 10:35 PM   #8992
buzzard
Minion of Satan

He was a studio gangster that got what he deserved.

Old 11-01-2018, 11:28 PM   #8993
FoolofaTook

still i bet if you were faced with a ravening pack of siberian dire-wolves you would rather have tupac by your side than franz kafka.

Old 11-01-2018, 11:33 PM   #8994
ilikeplanets
Braindead

are you supposed to decorate for thanksgiving? my house feels empty with all the halloween stuff gone. there was an actual insane amount of trick or treaters last night. non stop for 3 hours. it would have been more but we ran out of all 4 big bags of candy. i've never lived in a real family-type neighborhood like this, fucking nicest kids too.

Old 11-02-2018, 12:30 AM   #8995
vixnix
Socialphobic

Quote:
say what you want about externally ripped dudes, but if you were facing a siberian wolf pack i bet you'd rather have a muscle bound hunk by your side instead of someone with tender feelings.
those ripped guys are so fake-strong though. I mean what is a gym junkie gonna do in this situation, a few bicep curls? Drag a weight attached to a rope, across the floor?

I mean maybe if he had some steroids he could pull like a Popeye or something. But probably not. Probably he'll like oh no all of these big useless muscles I grew on my body just for show kinda made me really heavy and now I can't run very fast

lame

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard View Post
He was a studio gangster that got what he deserved.
Yeah it seemed to me that he might be a fake gangster, is that what you mean? But his intonation is amazing. I like it. I just don't know how much I like the whole package... dunno about getting what he deserved. As most Netphorians could tell you, I only have the one group of humans who I believe deserve death, and apparently I'm a scumbag for even thinking that, so I don't know what to believe about thinking that a faux gangsta rapper deserved to die. I'll take your word for it.

Old 11-02-2018, 12:45 AM   #8996
buzzard
Minion of Satan

I also feel that Steve Irwin got what was coming to him, if that's the subject we're on.

Old 11-02-2018, 12:49 AM   #8997
buzzard
Minion of Satan

When it comes to packs of peckish wolves, I'd just as soon sidle up to some kid or a nursing home resident.

It's always the weaklings that go first. Watch a nature documentary.

Old 11-02-2018, 12:53 AM   #8998
vixnix
Socialphobic

This is true. in that case maybe i would like to be with a ripped guy, a huge meaty mass of a human. I could kick him in the nuts and leave him as a sacrifice while I made my escape.

Old 11-02-2018, 12:56 AM   #8999
vixnix
Socialphobic

Yeah I mean Steve Irwin never did anything so bad, that he deserved death. But at the same time when I consider his death I don't think wow what a terrible shame that happened. I think and that's why I'll never swim with stingrays so I kinda have to agree that the guy had it coming.

Old 11-02-2018, 12:58 AM   #9000
vixnix
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikeplanets View Post
are you supposed to decorate for thanksgiving? my house feels empty with all the halloween stuff gone. there was an actual insane amount of trick or treaters last night. non stop for 3 hours. it would have been more but we ran out of all 4 big bags of candy. i've never lived in a real family-type neighborhood like this, fucking nicest kids too.
that is a lot of kids!!! We had nobody. It's not really a thing here, except at the Joyless as Fuck Obesity Carpark Lockdown events at the international schools.