Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Music Board Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03-30-2016, 10:08 AM   #1
Catherine Wheel
Banned

Default Scott Weiland's cause of death

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Weiland

Despite the discovery of drugs, no underlying cause of death was immediately given,although the medical examiner later determined it to be an accidental overdose of cocaine, ethanol, and methylenedioxyamphetamine

Old 03-30-2016, 10:45 AM   #2
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Default Luleh Daraq-e Hajj Najaf population

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luleh_Daraq-e_Hajj_Najaf

Luleh Daraq-e Hajj Najaf (Persian: لوله درق حاج نجف‎‎, also Romanized as Lūleh Daraq-e Ḩājj Najaf; also known as Lūleh Darreh) is a village in Qeshlaq-e Shomali Rural District, in the Central District of Parsabad County, Ardabil Province, Iran. At the 2006 census, its population was 424, in 91 families.

Old 03-30-2016, 12:18 PM   #3
Elijah Moon
Apocalyptic Poster

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taraxacum

Taraxacum (/təˈræksəkᵿm/) is a large genus of flowering plants in the family Asteraceae and consists of species commonly known as dandelion. They are native to Eurasia and North America, and two species, T. officinale and T. erythrospermum, are found as commonplace wild flowers worldwide. Both species are edible in their entirety. The common name dandelion (/ˈdændᵻlaɪ.ən/ DAN-di-ly-ən, from French dent-de-lion, meaning "lion's tooth") is given to members of the genus.

Old 03-30-2016, 01:00 PM   #4
hnibos
Braindead

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titin

Titin /ˈtaɪtɪn/, also known as connectin, is a protein that, in humans, is encoded by the TTN gene.[1][2] Titin is a giant protein, greater than 1 µm in length,[3] that functions as a molecular spring which is responsible for the passive elasticity of muscle. It is composed of 244 individually folded protein domains connected by unstructured peptide sequences.[4] These domains unfold when the protein is stretched and refold when the tension is removed.[5]

Old 03-30-2016, 06:51 PM   #5
FoolofaTook

There’s something we want to get out of the way before you start clicking away at the gallery above: We know this isn’t the first time you’ve seen an article purporting to name an artist “the next Bob Dylan.” In fact, music journalists have been doing this for decades — fixing their eyes on some poor young talent and foisting them into the echelon of Dylan-hood. Dylan is the original GOAT and calling a young singer-songwriter the next Dylan is much more of a bid for cheap attention than it is a legit coronation.
But we want to examine Dylan as an idea — or, better yet, an amorphous idea cloud that encompasses a literary and poetic approach to lyric writing; complex relationships with the concept of “folk”; willful abandonment of critical and audience expectations; and the elucidation of the hopes and frustrations of a specific place and time. Dylan’s legacy encompasses all of these things, so we’re excited put together a list of contemporary artists who engage with those ideas in different ways. While none of them will ever be “the next Dylan” (after all, there can only be one GOAT), all of them exhibit the influence of the ideas he popularized and the musical era he shaped. Just remember: If we believed every time someone was dubbed the next Dylan, Donovan and John Prine would be selling out arenas right now.
Next: The 50 Sexiest (and NSFW) Alternative Album Covers

Read More: Who Is Really the Next Bob Dylan? We Rank 28 Contenders | http://diffuser.fm/the-next-bob-dyla...ckback=tsmclip

Old 03-30-2016, 10:06 PM   #6
toase
Apocalyptic Poster

catwheel, glad you're back

Old 03-30-2016, 10:48 PM   #7
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catherine Wheel View Post
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Weiland

Despite the discovery of drugs, no underlying cause of death was immediately given,although the medical examiner later determined it to be an accidental overdose of cocaine, ethanol, and methylenedioxyamphetamine
still can't believe a junkie like him overdosed on that

Old 03-30-2016, 11:56 PM   #8
JESUSNEEDSAHIT
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
still can't believe a junkie like him overdosed on that
with that thinking you would make a great junkie

Old 03-30-2016, 11:58 PM   #9
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

even just coke could do it, why is it surprising. especially if he was shooting it or smoking crack. the MDA + coke could lead to serotonin syndrome.

it's easy to forget that every time you take drugs, and especially untested non-pharmaceuticals, you could die. you could smoke crack 1000 times and then one time your BP is high and you just exercised and decide to smoke a rock and initiate sudden cardiac death. or even with known drugs and quantities, you could take oxys 100 times but then take the same dose after a month off and bronchitis and die of respiratory depression.

all of the exposure really makes you forget this, but it's true. i forget it too. but it's always a risk, no matter what.

Last edited by reprise85 : 03-31-2016 at 04:46 PM.

Old 03-31-2016, 07:10 AM   #10
fuzzyroes
Banned

Yeah that's true. I guess he was no spring chicken at that point

Old 03-31-2016, 06:35 PM   #11
FoolofaTook

what she's trying to tell you is that it doesn't really matter. drugs can kill you anytime, anywhere. kinda like god.

Old 03-31-2016, 06:39 PM   #12
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

I mean you're not going to die from certain doses of course, of known drugs in known quantities. But with non-pharms and large doses of pharms (even if you have a tolerance) there's always a risk. You can mitigate risks - testing kits for non-pharms, keeping the same source if they always get the same product (but don't always assume it's exactly the same even if they say it is), not raising doses fast, not combining drugs or if you do lower the doses of each, on psychedelic drugs always have a trip sitter, dont use dirty needles, etc

Old 04-01-2016, 04:48 AM   #13
Fonzie
Dute of Seven Y's

Where's the fun in that?

Old 04-01-2016, 09:04 AM   #14
Cool As Ice Cream

Default Rød pølse legend

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R%C3%B8d_p%C3%B8lse

Rød pølse (Red sausage) is a type of brightly red, boiled pork sausage very common in Denmark. Since hot dog stands are ubiquitous in Denmark, some people regard røde pølser as one of the national dishes. Røde pølser are of the Vienna type and the skin is coloured with a traditional red dye (carmine). They are to be heated in hot water and are commonly served with remoulade, mustard or ketchup, fried onions and pickled sliced cucumber. Legend has it, that it was once ordered that day-old sausages be dyed as a means of warning.

Old 04-01-2016, 07:48 PM   #15
FoolofaTook

i just read this story about a boy who put his arm into a dike to keep the sea from flooding the netherlands. it had pretty pictures of dutch people and wooden shoes and windmills and these funny white caps and shit.

Old 04-01-2016, 08:51 PM   #16
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poots View Post
don't listen to reprise85 fonzie. She's a total killjoy. Just snort what you have and get on with your life.
hey i've snorted my share of powders. by all means, enjoy some drugs. harm reduction is always a good thing tho

Old 04-01-2016, 09:02 PM   #17
redbreegull

sometimes I drive so fast
just to feel the danger

Old 04-01-2016, 09:23 PM   #18
Disco King
Minion of Satan

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Bo...stphalia,_Iowa)

Saint Boniface Catholic Church is a parish of the Diocese of Des Moines. The church is located in Westphalia, Iowa, United States and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places as Saint Boniface Catholic Church District. The historical district includes the church, rectory, cemetery, school, Our Lady of Grace Shrine, St. Isadore Shrine, baseball diamond, clubhouse, and First Fruits (corn crib).[2]

Old 04-02-2016, 04:46 AM   #19
Cool As Ice Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poots View Post
what's the difference in Belgium and Holland? Both are full of dikes, right?
yes, that is correct, that is the difference.

Old 04-02-2016, 10:11 AM   #20
FoolofaTook

wow how ironic!